• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
On PC the gamepass store mustve received an update because now it looks slightly different.

The store loads faster and when you hover your mouse over a title, it will automatically reveal more info about it.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Game Pass truly is fantastic. I wasn't a fan of it when it started because me and my bro had bought almost everything but it has grown into such amazing value.

Right now I'm taking a break from Witcher 3(after having finished main + HoS) and playing some adventure games like Silence, Life is Strange 2 and several others that GP has. Ideal games to play before diving into Blood and Wine.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Ha! Ticket to Ride. How cool. I love that game.

Is the Xbox Game Pass app merging with the Xbox Companion app on PC to be one ultimate Xbox app?

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
On PC the gamepass store mustve received an update because now it looks slightly different.

The store loads faster and when you hover your mouse over a title, it will automatically reveal more info about it.

Also looks like you can't save to a drive any more unless you set it as the default App drive in your Windows settings. When I downloaded Reach it let me save to my D drive (HDD) instead of my C drive (limited space SSD), but then when I tried to download Sunset Overdrive to my D drive after the update, I had to set it as the default app drive first.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Ended up checking out Felix the Reaper, what a fun game. This is the kind of game I wouldn't have bought anytime soon, hail to GP.

OriginalPug

Nov 5, 2017
With Game Pass ultimate there are no doubts I've played games I would never have before this service became available. Actually, it frustrated me a bit, because it made me realise that due to my own small-minded views of certain game genres I've missed out on some great experiences. Take Hellblade, I just can't hack(!) hack and slash games, but this game was a revelation for me, yeah I'm not that good, but the game's concept and the story are so clever, it drives you forward. I have also just finished a tale of two Brothers which is now on xcloud preview. Again I never really got into these type of puzzle games, but again what an incredible experience, wish I hadn't missed it back in 2013!! What an incredible ending to the game, the sense of loss through not using the controller as the previous 3 or 4 hours was pure genius. This is the best thing about Gamepass for me, discovering games.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Also looks like you can't save to a drive any more unless you set it as the default App drive in your Windows settings. When I downloaded Reach it let me save to my D drive (HDD) instead of my C drive (limited space SSD), but then when I tried to download Sunset Overdrive to my D drive after the update, I had to set it as the default app drive first.

I just tried it and got a popup with all three of my drives available to pick from.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
They'll pop up, but do two of the three have small text warning it's not the default install drive for apps?

No

nKM42z9.png

Murlin

Feb 12, 2019
I tried downloading Ape Out on PC Game Pass a few days ago but had to pause the download at one point. Now, no matter what I do , I can't get that download to resume. Even cancelling the download altogether doesn't do it; even though it says it will completely uninstall the game, as soon as I click to start a new install it says it's already downloaded 20% but won't progress any further in the download. What directory do Game Pass games install to, maybe manually deleting whatever is in there will fix it?

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
I made a quick list whilst the tweet was there
  • Halo Infinite
  • Gears 5
  • Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Sea Of Thieves
  • Wasteland 3
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Lego Star Wars - The Skywalker Saga
  • Madden 20
  • State of Decay 2 - Heartland
  • Doom Eternal
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator
  • Forza Horizon 4 - Lego Speed Champions
  • Battletoads
  • Crossfire
  • Borderlands 3
  • Tales Of Arise
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint
  • Elden Ring
  • Dying Light 2
  • Dragon Ball Z - Kakarot
  • Ori And The Will Of The Wisps
  • Tom Clancy's The Division 2

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • Halo Infinite
  • Gears 5
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Sea Of Thieves
  • Wasteland 3
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Madden 20
  • Doom Eternal
  • Battletoads
  • Crossfire
  • Borderlands 3
  • Tales Of Arise
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Elden Ring
  • Dying Light 2
Did the tweet say these were all comign to Game Pass? Or was it just a random sizzle reel?

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I tried downloading Ape Out on PC Game Pass a few days ago but had to pause the download at one point. Now, no matter what I do , I can't get that download to resume. Even cancelling the download altogether doesn't do it; even though it says it will completely uninstall the game, as soon as I click to start a new install it says it's already downloaded 20% but won't progress any further in the download. What directory do Game Pass games install to, maybe manually deleting whatever is in there will fix it?
Had something similar happen to me with Age of Empires. After I uninstalled it, it stayed in the sidebar of the app and I was unable to redownload it. For me the solution was to update the Xbox beta app. Try it and see if it helps

Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, I don't think there is any way that EA games like Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order or Madden make it to game pass with EA Access around.

Weird tweet/video.

Dimajjio

Oct 13, 2019
Yeah, I don't think there is any way that EA games like Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order or Madden make it to game pass with EA Access around.

Unless Microsoft is sweet talking EA around to ditching Access and joining Game Pass. Having multiple subscriptions is a pain in the arse, especially if Ubisoft were to join in with Uplay+ on consoles as well.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Guys, there is pretty much zero chance that the deleted tweet was anything but an overall sizzle reel for a ton of big upcoming games and then just saying Game Pass marketing in general. Game Pass is amazing, but let's base things in reality here too :)

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
  • Halo Infinite
  • Gears 5
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Sea Of Thieves
  • Wasteland 3
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Madden 20
  • Doom Eternal
  • Battletoads
  • Crossfire
  • Borderlands 3
  • Tales Of Arise
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Elden Ring
  • Dying Light 2
Why do I even buy games anymore

Jag

Oct 26, 2017

Go to either Settings > Apps or the Windows Store and fix it from there. Windows 10 treats Game Pass PC games as Windows store based apps. It doesn't work exactly like Steam or other game launchers (even though the UI would suggest this). It's embedded into the OS and Store ecosystem.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
  • Halo Infinite
  • Gears 5
  • Minecraft Dungeons
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Sea Of Thieves
  • Wasteland 3
  • The Outer Worlds
  • Madden 20
  • Doom Eternal
  • Battletoads
  • Crossfire
  • Borderlands 3
  • Tales Of Arise
  • Bleeding Edge
  • Elden Ring
  • Dying Light 2
Holy shit

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I assume the video was just meant to be a general 'games you can play on Xbox this year' and someone incorrectly chucked a Game Pass logo on the end?

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017

Man, I feel a bit silly. I picked this game up on sale on Switch in September and haven't gotten to it yet. I suppose I at least get the portable benefit. Plus, it's good to support the dev. But it just reminds me I need to wait for things to pop up on GP, because they really will at some point or another.

On the bright side, this game is supposed to be an especial gem and I've seen a bunch of folks say it was their favorite game of 2018.

Time to actually play life is strange lol. Played the first episode years ago but have been putting off the rest of the game.
Bloody hell, I haven't started Life is Strange yet. Do we know when it's going?

You are both in for such a treat. I hope you enjoy it a ton. It is a really special game (and the prequel is very good too, but definitely play in release order).

Shit, tomorrow I'll receive Control but I wanted to play Before the Storm. Time to think it out...

Is it worth it? I guess not as good as the original.
And btw does it include the bonus episode on game pass?

It doesn't include the bonus game, but the deluxe edition upgrade does, and it's one of the best aspects of the game. It's $9 but IMO well worth it. Personally I thought BtS was very good throughout, and well worth playing. I thought Life is Strange was better - I loved it and it's probably one of my favorite games ever - but I still give a strong recommend for BtS.

Edit: just saw your post thepotatoman . I recommend you play the series in release order, with LiS before BtS. BtS is a prequel but relies on knowledge of LiS for full appreciation of the events. Even if it goes off GP for a bit it goes on sale at deep discount fairly often.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
Unless Microsoft is sweet talking EA around to ditching Access and joining Game Pass. Having multiple subscriptions is a pain in the arse, especially if Ubisoft were to join in with Uplay+ on consoles as well.
That's possible but still hard to believe for me.

I assume the video was just meant to be a general 'games you can play on Xbox this year' and someone incorrectly chucked a Game Pass logo on the end?
That's probably the case.

But if MS wants to come in guns blazing into next gen and lock even more people on the service before Scarlett is released and they're really coming to game pass, holy fucking shit..

Oct 27, 2017

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the game will have Mouse and Keyboard support. I tried playing The Sims 4 with controller and it was way too unpleasant. I finally got used to it for Cities: Skylines though.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
I wonder if the game will have Mouse and Keyboard support. I tried playing The Sims 4 with controller and it was way too unpleasant. I finally got used to it for Cities: Skylines though.
I would say likely considering prison architect and they are billions both more recent games do.

Not gonna lie I'm hyped I was day 1 on this and now I get it game pass and discounted later when I buy it before it leaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.