• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Console Game Pass

PbeUKDW.gif

PC Game Pass

nxvTSU0.gif

Cloud Game Pass

YV13k8Q.gif

www.xbox.com

Xbox Game Pass Games Library | Xbox

Explore the Game Pass library and play hundreds of games.

loco

Jan 6, 2021
Wow. I think I just changed my mind on what gen5 console to get. Plus got a dope gaming PC last year and about 5 years behind on playing so feeling like this is a no brainer for me.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wow. I think I just changed my mind on what gen5 console to get. Plus got a dope gaming PC last year and about 5 years behind on playing so feeling like this is a no brainer for me.
Yeah game pass ultimate will get you covered on pc and console.

I won't retype it all here but do some googling to check out the Xbox gold bargain. You can buy three years of gold relatively cheaply, and then convert it 1 for 1 into gamepass ultimate.

You can often buy a year of gold for around 40 or 50 dollars whereas a year of GPU at full price is more like 120 to 140 dollars.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, if you're like me and got an amazing PC last year then you should be getting Gamepass PC for all the Microsoft exclusives and a PS5 for the Sony exclusives. Best of both worlds.

isahn

Nov 15, 2017
Roma
and you can seamlessly share it with a buddy (notable exception: xcloud, for which you'd need to access with the subscriber account)

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
People: My lord, is that legal?
Phil Spencer: I will make it legal.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I am happy being PC only game pass, as it saves me buying an Xbox, but there is quite a gap of titles between console and PC. Makes me think later down the line of getting a Series S or something.

ioriyagami

Oct 28, 2017
I have played all the titles that really interest me from there (currently going through the last of them, DQXI) there are still games that I would not mind giving a go, but more like a "meh, I guess I could play this" feeling. I find myself more interested on other games outside of Game Pass. In the last three months (probably longer than that) they have not added a single game that really sparked my interest or that I had not played before (that includes the soon to be added 20 Bethesda titles), so I feel I am kind of out of the honeymoon phase of game Pass right now...

The wave of 1st party titles can't start soon enough...

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's a great deal and I've really been enjoying my 3 month trial, that said, when I look at the games I've managed to beat in the last 2 months, and how much it would have cost me to just buy them, it probably wouldn't have saved me much if I'd just picked the games I've played up digitally (assuming I was paying full price for GPU)

So for me, it's probably not that worthwhile, but it's so convenient and easy to use, and it's only going to get better and better as more games are added and as more Xbox exclusives launch

I'll 100% resub when there are a few bigger Xbox games I want to play, but for me personally it's not going to be as good a deal as just picking up games on digital sales for most of the time

I'm hoping to get a deal on 3 months of Game Pass once a year and use that time to blow through anything new I want to play

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
I did haev a look by they dont show them on the site in the same way.
some users made lists:
This is the list for downloadable games (around 370 games) by PrfcPrfct from Reddit.
This the complete list involving the cloud based games (last updates in summer 2020); around 1030 games.
github.com

PSNowGames/psnowgamelist3-2.csv at master · aickletfraid/PSNowGames

Game List for PS Now Games. Contribute to aickletfraid/PSNowGames development by creating an account on GitHub.

g-m1n1

Oct 27, 2017
Luxembourg
First party games are on both, wouldn't that make a redundant choice? A Switch (Pro?) or PS5 would give you access to a completely different exclusive catalogue.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
What a time to be an Xbox gamer.

I wonder if we will get a "more than 200 games" slogan soon. I can't see them dipping below that feet.

Don Dada

Oct 27, 2017
Best deal in gaming. I'm already paying for gold to play online so might as well upgrade for £1 and get all these games.

SAINT_

Banned
Oct 4, 2020
Honestly wouldn't buy a sub with this current lineup, already played the games that interest me.

You don't know pandemic, one of the biggest board games around? Or did you not know they made a digital version?

Nah, never heard of a pandemic board game til now 😳

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the "illegal" jokes.

Anyway, damn, that is one hell of a lineup. And one hell of a deal. They really did it, created the "Netflix of gaming".

It seemed impossible when OnLive and Stadia were attempting their utterly absurd models where you get almost nothing without paying full price for each game.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I'll never understand why Microsoft continues to undersell the service by sticking to the '100+ games' marketing line.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
On a serious note, it'd be nice if EA activated the Dolby Vision on MEA and BF1. Can't be too hard given that already support it on PC and presumably just a 'flag' change in the game config?

Cocolina

Oct 28, 2017
Which of these are best for achievement mining? I fancy some easy games with cheap thrills of cheevos popping off everywhere.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
At this point it is not about having a library of games that is the barrier for growth now, but offering new titles that come onto the service day one that will drive growth - hence the Bethesda purchase etc.

dude

Oct 25, 2017
Tel Aviv
Nah, never heard of a pandemic board game til now 😳
Maybe you shouldn't "lmao" games you don't know then :P
It's pretty much as highly regarded as board games could be, both critically and sales-wise.

I have to admit I've never heard of Pandemic board game before, but I don't keep an eye on the board game scene
I'm not a HUGE fan of it, but maybe grab some friends and try it out - It's especially great after/during COVID, since there's a real power rush in fighting against a pandemic while a pandemic is raging on lol
It's on obviously on game pass but also on Steam, and AFAIK you don't need multiple copies to play online on Steam at least.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
I think it's weird how Era gets a boner with everything Game Pass.

It is because it is a legitimately great service that is quite frankly a steal for what you have to pay for. I mean this year I could potentially get Halo Infinite, Starfield,
Psychonauts 2 to name a few without spending an additional penny than what I did a year or two ago when I converted Gold to Ultimate.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Thanks for your work OT. I wonder when they'll stop their over 100 games marketing, because that's clearly false. GP had over 200 games for some time now

Ababol

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if you're like me and got an amazing PC last year then you should be getting Gamepass PC for all the Microsoft exclusives and a PS5 for the Sony exclusives. Best of both worlds.

GPU with both a PC and an Xbox is an amazing combo. You get more games, you get to play certain games where you are more comfortable with them (e.g. local multiplayer games in the living room) and, best of all, with Play Anywhere games you can seamlessly move from one to the other whenever you want.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I think it's weird how Era gets a boner with everything Game Pass.
There are people on era criticizing the service as well and some even make weird comments, hence the illegal joke existing. I think Gamepass is a incredible service and nothing comes close in terms of value and what games are actually on the service. With Bethesda joining the service just got even better.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
This makes me quite tempted to buy a Series X in the future as a "Game Pass box," as the fact that quite a lot of games aren't available on PC is a bit frustrating.