• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
So going with how game pass ultimate works, it adds whatever time you have left and then stacks the same amount on top

For example, if in total I have 6 months of gold + 6 months of game pass then I will have 12 months of ultimate + another 12 months for joining. Meaning 2 years worth of Ultimate.

In your case you have 2 months of gold + 8 months of game pass. That will combine to 10 months plus another 10 they give you. So your subscription would expire roughly around February 2021

Wait, so does this apply if you're only subscribed to GP? I only have GP right now, and not gold.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
So uh.. how do you become an insider? And if I only have game pass will it still work? (Think I got it till like Jan 2020 lol)

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
This makes me wonder if they'll end up consolidating everyone who has Game Pass + Xbox Live Gold into Game Pass Ultimate.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
So uh.. how do you become an insider? And if I only have game pass will it still work? (Think I got it till like Jan 2020 lol)

Should be an app that you can search for on your xbox called "Xbox insider program."

If you are able to get it, then you don't have to worry about not having gold. It isn't required.

Edit: The OP also said it may be available to the public so you can search for Xbox gamepass Ultimate and see if it's available for you

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Alright...
Open the Xbox Insider Hub app on your Xbox One and go to Insider Content. You should see the option to join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I joined and I am now subbed until 3/13/2020 for $1 a month.

xERnLpC.png
So when I go to that section, I don't see it at all as an option and...
Apologies. There is no link per say.

Here are the instructions:

1. Go into Microsoft Store on Xbox One (not sure for PC)

2. Search Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

3. Opt in, they will charge you $1 and will consolidate your remaining Game Pass and Live Gold months into the same # of months of Game Pass Ultimate. Up to 36 months. This is open to insiders and was also listed in the fine print of the sale starting today. IIRC, when Ultimate officially launches, it will come with Game Pass PC.
When I try to do it this way, it specifically says only the first month will be $1. I do have Game Pass until next year, but I don't currently have Live. Is that screwing me up here?

OP
OP
DeoGame

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Alright...

When I try to do it this way, it specifically says only the first month will be $1. I do have Game Pass until next year, but I don't currently have Live. Is that screwing me up here?
Said the same for me. When I went into my account, it said next payment due April 2020.

Vasto

May 26, 2019
Alright...

Here is the link about it from Xbox Wire. Not sure if its still available and did not see a end date.

Nyteshade517

Oct 25, 2017
Just to clarify, you went ahead and did it and when you went to check your account it showed your next payment wasn't due until April 2020?

It says it's a 1 Month thing but the description of the item says it converts your remaining Gold & Game Pass time into the one new sub + the month you are paying $1 for. So for me I had almost a year of Gold left + a couple weeks of Game Pass and now my subscription is for Ultimate with all of that time plus that extra month for $1 through about the end of July next year. I made sure to double check my account after I did it to be safe.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
It says it's a 1 Month thing but the description of the item says it converts your remaining Gold & Game Pass time into the one new sub + the month you are paying $1 for. So for me I had almost a year of Gold left + a couple weeks of Game Pass and now my subscription is for Ultimate with all of that time plus that extra month for $1 through about the end of July next year. I made sure to double check my account after I did it to be safe.
Yeah, I bit the bullet and tried it. Had just Game Pass until either March or April next year. Now it says my next charge isn't until October 27th. So all worked out!

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Weird mine went from 12/18/19 to 12/18/19. Am i missing something? If i buy a year of gold off amazon does it bump it?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, searching on the store does work.

I remember looking for it in the insider app and I could never see it despite being in the delta tier so couldn't combine my sub.

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
Great timing. My game pass was set to expire this month and now I have it for almost a year for just $1. Great deal and thanks for the heads up.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
thanks for the heads up, was pretty irritated i missed my chance last time. good up for 3 years now.

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
Because I am lazy ;) and isnt Insider where you test stuff and it messes up your dashboard and what not...and is this available in Canada etc etc...

Not necessarily

There are tiers and as you get more involved you can choose (the exception of the alpha tiers) to move up or stay in the lower tiers to only get the "safest" updates

1. Alpha skip ahead- invite only these people get the buggiest version, there may be apps exclusive to this and the apps can be unstable
2. Alpha- invite only. still buggy
3. Beta - you can reach here if you reach level 5 and a tenure of 3 months. The people who get a less buggier version than alpha
4. Delta - you can reach here if you reach level 2 and have a tenure as an insider for 1 month. At this point, there shouldn't be that many bugs
5. Omega - where everyone starts. The safest of updates and is, for the most part, the final build before it becomes public.

And yes it's available in Canada just search the Xbox insider app and you'll be able to download it.

B3N1

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a level 5 insider from way back, but opted out a few years ago, as updates were coming and going at a crazy pace (I think I was in Beta ring).

Opted back in to Delta (could only choose Delta/Omega), got the update, rebooted, went to the Store, and got the XGP for 1 CHF there. So it's definitely not US only.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Because I am lazy ;) and isnt Insider where you test stuff and it messes up your dashboard and what not...and is this available in Canada etc etc...
You can be an insider and not have your console get the preview updates, that's what I do. But you do have to enroll your console in the preview updates if you want this offer, as far as I can tell.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
None of this works for me, I just can't find any mention to GPUltimate anywhere and I'm insider Level 3 (just reached lol). Any ideas? Might it be because I'm in Canada?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Has anyone tried adding more months to your Xbox live gold and see if it extends the payment date?

B3N1

Oct 27, 2017
None of this works for me, I just can't find any mention to GPUltimate anywhere and I'm insider Level 3 (just reached lol). Any ideas? Might it be because I'm in Canada?
Is your console enrolled to the insider updates? While I was an insider, but still on the old dash, the Store didn't show XGPU at all.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Is your console enrolled to the insider updates? While I was an insider, but still on the old dash, the Store didn't show XGPU at all.
I solved it! I think it was because I was enrolled but not on the Delta version. I only got one month though, doesn't let me stack it like some people here have done. Is it because I only had a one month Gold subscription left?

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
You need to actually enroll your console in a preview ring, you do this from the inside app. After that, you have to be sure to force the update by going to settings > system > update, or sometimes it will update on it's own shortly after you join a ring. After that, search the store for Xbox Game Pass, and Ultimate should show up. The Game Pass Ultimate promo was NOT in my insider app.

B3N1

Oct 27, 2017
I solved it! I think it was because I was enrolled but not on the Delta version. I only got one month though, doesn't let me stack it like some people here have done. Is it because I only had a one month Gold subscription left?
As it states before you approve the subscription, your XGPU validity will be the current XBL + XGP months, maxing out at 36 months.
For me, i had 10 months of Gold (from April) and 2-ish months of XGP (3-months 1CHF offer) left, and i'm set until 2020 June with XGPU, so the math does seem to add up.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
As it states before you approve the subscription, your XGPU validity will be the current XBL + XGP months, maxing out at 36 months.
For me, i had 10 months of Gold (from April) and 2-ish months of XGP (3-months 1CHF offer) left, and i'm set until 2020 June with XGPU, so the math does seem to add up.
I see. Well, I'm sure the deal will be back soon for everyone else (or something similar), I'll take better advantage then. Thanks for the info!