• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

itsrealfood

Oct 25, 2017
Appreciate the heads up on this! Was able to redeem a spare 12month gold code I had sitting around before signing up for Ultimate. Seemed to work out well!

Smidget

Oct 27, 2017
Got it to work! Redeemed up until 9/2021 with some codes I had around and then upgraded to this for $1 :) Thanks posters!

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
Has anyone tried adding more months to your Xbox live gold and see if it extends the payment date?

So I tried redeeming my 3 month gamepass code I had from a Microsoft Rewards thing and they reduced the amount to 2 months of ultimate. This was through the store on my laptop. I'm assuming it's possible to add to ultimate.

Is anyone able to get this to work with the Omega build?

I think it's only available for Delta(the tier above omega) and above.

kdmgman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda confused, if I only have xbox live gold and not game pass will it still extend or do I game pass as well to take advantage of this?

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
Open the Xbox Insider Hub app on your Xbox One and go to Insider Content. You should see the option to join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I joined and I am now subbed until 3/13/2020 for $1 a month.

xERnLpC.png
How come yours says you will be charged $1 a month and not the normal price?

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
I'm kinda confused, if I only have xbox live gold and not game pass will it still extend or do I game pass as well to take advantage of this?

To take full advantage of this option it would be better to have live and game pass imo

ex: if you have 10 months of gold left, then you'll have 10 months of ultimate(which also means you'll have 10 months of game pass as well). where as if you had 10 months of gold + 2 months of game pass, you'll have 12 months of ultimate(which would technically mean you extended your gold sub by 2 more months and gamepass an extra 10 months)

kdmgman

Oct 27, 2017
To take full advantage of this option it would be better to have live and game pass imo

ex: if you have 10 months of gold left, then you'll have 10 months of ultimate(which also means you'll have 10 months of game pass as well)

but if i had let's say 10 months gold and 3 months of GP it will be 13 months of ultimate?

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Not working for me. Nothing in the Insider app (just hit lvl 5) or by searching the store :(

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
lol

I'm set until June 2022

thanks

Edit:
I had one year of Gold left, and two years of Game Pass.
This was a freaking great conversion!

Garcia el Gringo

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I did Game Pass Ultimate the moment it was available to Insider Alpha and barely had any Gold/GP previously when I was also not aware of the savvy conversion thing. My Game Pass Ultimate sub goes until 7/31/19 before I can renew for $1.

Let me know if anyone finds a way to better take advantage of it in its Insider testing phase if ya unfortunately already subbed without maximizing-maximizing it! I mean, I don't expect anything whatsoever and am happy with what I've already gotten with GPU as an Insider, but I'm curious.

Sevvybgoode

Oct 29, 2017
I managed to do this and I only had 2 months left of gold but gamepass until December. Now covered until the start of next year for both.

Wonder what happens if you renew gamepass or gold subs now?

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
So I currently don't have Gold and only 2 months of GamePass, so by joining I'm only going to get 2 months of Ultimate for $1? So to get the best out of this I need to drop $60 on a year of Gold?

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I attempted this last night but I couldn't find the option in the inside program to consolidate both. I'm gonna look again tonight when I get home. This is too good to pass up. I'll get like 10 months worth if they stack and I can do it.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any good Xbox Live 12 month gold deals out right now before I do the conversion?

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Alright...

So when I go to that section, I don't see it at all as an option and...

When I try to do it this way, it specifically says only the first month will be $1. I do have Game Pass until next year, but I don't currently have Live. Is that screwing me up here?
None of this works for me, I just can't find any mention to GPUltimate anywhere and I'm insider Level 3 (just reached lol). Any ideas? Might it be because I'm in Canada?
You need to actually enroll your console in a preview ring, you do this from the inside app. After that, you have to be sure to force the update by going to settings > system > update, or sometimes it will update on it's own shortly after you join a ring. After that, search the store for Xbox Game Pass, and Ultimate should show up. The Game Pass Ultimate promo was NOT in my insider app.

I have the delta update, subbed to both live and gamepass, and still dont see the Ultimate option anywhere, not in the insider hub, and not in the store? Any ideas - what am I missing here?

EDIT: OMG IT WORKED! Note: it was NOT in the Insider hub (as a previous poster pointed out)

Ok here's what I had to do. Go into the Store, search for gamepass ultimate, subscribe to the $1 option, it gave me a warning about upgrading membership (i already had both gold and gamepass), confirmed it, and done! Have an ultimate sub until 2021 or something.

Last edited:

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
So I tried redeeming my 3 month gamepass code I had from a Microsoft Rewards thing and they reduced the amount to 2 months of ultimate. This was through the store on my laptop. I'm assuming it's possible to add to ultimate.

I think it's only available for Delta(the tier above omega) and above.

Interesting. I wonder if add 12 months of gold if it will prorate that to equal value in the UGP.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017
I attempted this last night but I couldn't find the option in the inside program to consolidate both. I'm gonna look again tonight when I get home. This is too good to pass up. I'll get like 10 months worth if they stack and I can do it.
It consolidates them automatically, when I was purchasing it, it just reads like you are getting this month free but after buying the end date will be your gold and Gamepass added together.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
It consolidates them automatically, when I was purchasing it, it just reads like you are getting this month free but after buying the end date will be your gold and Gamepass added together.
god damn thats a great deal. Im trying to level up my insider right now, level 4 at the moment.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
You need to actually enroll your console in a preview ring, you do this from the inside app. After that, you have to be sure to force the update by going to settings > system > update, or sometimes it will update on it's own shortly after you join a ring. After that, search the store for Xbox Game Pass, and Ultimate should show up. The Game Pass Ultimate promo was NOT in my insider app.
This didn't work for me. Downloaded Insider, did a bunch of the surveys and leveled up to level 3, enrolled in the update preview which then prompted an update, updated, went into the store and searched for Ultimate and... nothing.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
This didn't work for me. Downloaded Insider, did a bunch of the surveys and leveled up to level 3, enrolled in the update preview which then prompted an update, updated, went into the store and searched for Ultimate and... nothing.

Someone in here mentioned earlier it only works for Delta level insiders. So the only option if you just joined the insider program is to wait a month. 1 month in the program + level 2 or above makes you eligible for the Delta update.

I'd love to be proven wrong though since I'm in the same boat.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Me slow to the race on how this worked...thought I could keep stacking monthly subs for some reason lol. Now I get how it works after subbing, I'm only good through end of year but that's still better than where my gold expiring soon-ish would've left me so I count this as a pretty good savings. I didn't have any extra codes laying around anyhow so :shrugs

I'm also only level 4, I just searched for it in the store and it let me purchase it

Yeah it worked for me only on level 2.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I had knew wha this did before signing up. I would have a found a deal for live for cheap. I screwed up...

Last edited:

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Someone in here mentioned earlier it only works for Delta level insiders. So the only option if you just joined the insider program is to wait a month. 1 month in the program + level 2 or above makes you eligible for the Delta update.

I'd love to be proven wrong though since I'm in the same boat.
I'm in the Omega but lvl 5 and not had it a month yet so not showing for me. Hopefully it's still there or I'm eligible when the month rolls round.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Nice, now I see it. How long will this deal be valid for? I'll have enough reward points for 3 more months of live or game pass tomorrow...

Edit: actually I had enough today. I'm subbed through Jan 23rd 2021. Thanks OP!

Last edited:

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone who havent done this deal yet should probably extend their live as long as possible beofre activating.

Harle

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it doesn't appear for me.

I just joined to the preview, so will have to wait for a month to change from omega to delta.

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
I've been a member of Xbox Insider for over a year, but was at level 1 until today. I just did some surveys etc to reach level 4, and I opted in to the newest build, and installed it. I still don't see the option for the Ultimate Pass in Insider App or in the Store.

Any suggestions? I've restarted the Xbox and nothing changed either. I'm in the Omega build? Does that matter?

Oh no

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even need to install the newest build, as soon as I opted in for Delta updates via the Insider app Ultimate appeared in the search for me. Thanks for the heads up!

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I've been a member of Xbox Insider for over a year, but was at level 1 until today. I just did some surveys etc to reach level 4, and I opted in to the newest build, and installed it. I still don't see the option for the Ultimate Pass in Insider App or in the Store.

Any suggestions? I've restarted the Xbox and nothing changed either. I'm in the Omega build? Does that matter?

Possibly need delta update first?

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm also only level 4, I just searched for it in the store and it let me purchase it
I wish I had knew wha this did before signing up. I would have a found a deal for live for cheap. I screwed up...

Can someone explain lol?

I don't have Gold, but I have a 3 month XBL code in my email that I can use whenever. Should I buy a year of XBL Gold, add the 3 months, and then look for this? I'm a bit confused on what happens.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain lol?

I don't have Gold, but I have a 3 month XBL code in my email that I can use whenever. Should I buy a year of XBL Gold, add the 3 months, and then look for this? I'm a bit confused on what happens.

So basically if you have say 10 months left of Xbox live on your subscription. When you sign up for the Ultimate with the $1 deal it converts that 10 months of regular Xbox live into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Which is Xbox live+Game Pass that's regularly 14.99 a month. If I would have found 12 months of Live on sale for say $40 and used that beforehand. I would have been able to convert that into 12 months of Ultimate for $41 essentially. Probably needs to be explained to everyone in the OP. So your 3 month card of XBL is worth 3 months of XBL ultimate for $1...

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain lol?

It combines your two subs.

Ie if you have 1 month of Gold and 1 month of Game Pass you'll get 2 months of Ultimate.

So in other words, if you wanted to take maximum advantage of it, you'd make it so you've got a combined total of 36 months between your subs before you swap to the Ultimate sub.

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain lol?

It will convert whatever existing Gold and Game Pass you have into Ultimate, then add them together. So if you have 3 months of Gold and 3 months GP, you'll instantly get 6 months of Ultimate access added to your account (It will cancel out your current Gold/GP as they're included in the Ultimate). Best bet is to load up as much as you can then take the trial, I purchased 2 additional years of Gold and added it to my 6 months GP + 1 month Gold I already had THEN took the trial/conversion up, my Ultimate is now not due to expire until 30/04/2022

Also: Remember that if you follow my example, deactivate any renewal you have on Gold atm, as you get an additional month for turning it on. Do this each time you add a code (Turn off, add code, accept renewal, repeat) and they stack.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017

So before this I was already a gold and game pass member. When I go to extend gold, its 9.99 though.