• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
For those who missed it (i.e. me). Got until next April. Would have extended longer but I'm not sure what my plans are for next gen. I want to support MS but I also know that it depends on how things land.

Anyhoo. Great deal.

Apologies. There is no link per say.

Here are the instructions:

1. Go into Microsoft Store on Xbox One (not sure for PC)

2. Search Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

3. Opt in, they will charge you $1 and will consolidate your remaining Game Pass and Live Gold months into the same # of months of Game Pass Ultimate. Up to 36 months. This is open to insiders and was also listed in the fine print of the sale starting today, so it may be open to the public. If not, join the Insiders program ASAP and do a few quick surveys to reach level 2, join the Xbox One Update beta program, and you should be able to test GP Ultimate. IIRC, when Ultimate officially launches, it will come with Game Pass PC.

Last edited:

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I assume have to be an "Insider" or something?

I recall people saying to look it up on the win 10 store, but it never worked for me. I'd be down to change my current Game Pass to Ultimate. lol

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I know, but OP just said he bought until April
The Game Pass page is just showing a normal $1 for the first month deal, no fucking clue what OP is talking about, none of these promotions have ever been stackable, they're either mistaken or full of shit

It's sure as hell not letting me extend my Game Pass for $1, it wants $9.99/month as expected

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I think I'm still an insider how do I change it to ultimate? And does this stack and where do we get the link?

Stopdoor

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Xbox does these promos all the time for currently unsubscribed users, including for Gold. Pretty sure it's targeted or new users, not wide-ranging?

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
looks like thread title was changed to remove ultimate, since that isnt what was offered.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
FYI, they've been doing this since Dec 2018. It will end in August. As long as you're not currently subscribed you can use the deal. No matter if you're a returning subscriber or new one.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Yeah, it looks like it's just the normal $1 for 1 month of GP they run all the time
Still not stackable, just like the others, no fucking clue what OP's talking about

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
This doesn't look like a more special deal than what they've been doing all the time. But I've been considering it, I mostly play on PC so do people think it makes more sense to see what they do with the PC game pass? I think that's what I'll do, wait until after their conference. But I am much more interested in game pass and they're streaming solution than I am in Stadia.

Vasto

May 26, 2019
I think I'm still an insider how do I change it to ultimate? And does this stack and where do we get the link?

Open the Xbox Insider Hub app on your Xbox One and go to Insider Content. You should see the option to join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I joined and I am now subbed until 3/13/2020 for $1 a month.

xERnLpC.png

Eternalgamer

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I bought Gamepass today even though I don't have an Xbox One hoping that Outer Wilds and Void Bastards would be compatible with the PC gamepass games.

It seems they arent, but now I'm holding out hope for Sunday E3 Gamepass PC info.

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Open the Xbox Insider Hub app on your Xbox One and go to Insider Content. You should see the option to join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. I joined and I am now subbed until 3/13/2020 for $1 a month.

xERnLpC.png
Thanks I don't see it yet but it looks like I had auto updates Turned off. I'm gonna start it again and see what happens

OP
OP
DeoGame

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Apologies. There is no link per say.

Here are the instructions:

1. Go into Microsoft Store on Xbox One (not sure for PC)

2. Search Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

3. Opt in, they will charge you $1 and will consolidate your remaining Game Pass and Live Gold months into the same # of months of Game Pass Ultimate. Up to 36 months. This is open to insiders and was also listed in the fine print of the sale starting today. IIRC, when Ultimate officially launches, it will come with Game Pass PC.

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
I need some clarification on how the consolidation works.

My Gold is up in August, my Game Pass is up in February 2020. If I pay the dollar, when is my renewal?

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
There's a Xbox Insider Hub for PC too. Going to check it out to see if the deal is contained in there too.

EDIT: Nope, not there at the moment. Might have to access an Xbox to get it.

OP
OP
DeoGame

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I need some clarification on how the consolidation works.

My Gold is up in August, my Game Pass is up in February 2020. If I pay the dollar, when is my renewal?
My understanding is that the renewal is up in April 2020. I had Gold up to March 29, 2020 and Game Pass up to July 4, 2019 and my new date is April 29, 2020

OP
OP
DeoGame

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
So going with how game pass ultimate works, it adds whatever time you have left and then stacks the same amount on top

For example, if in total I have 6 months of gold + 6 months of game pass then I will have 12 months of ultimate + another 12 months for joining. Meaning 2 years worth of Ultimate.

In your case you have 2 months of gold + 8 months of game pass. That will combine to 10 months plus another 10 they give you. So your subscription would expire roughly around February 2021

They double? Mine was straight to April. A mere consolidation.