• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
I expected a lot more than the last Xbox event but this event...was just slightly more than that. Highlights were The Gunk and Psychonauts 2, for one main reason, no CG trailer and all gameplay. And I suppose for Everwild cause that artstyle was lovely and charming.

D- event for me.

Oct 30, 2017
Best show of the summer so far in my opinion. Had a walkthrough style gameplay for Halo which looked amazing. Had gameplay snippets for a ton of other games. The Medium, Stalker 2, The Gunk, PSO 2 all looked amazing too, I can't wait for all of those. A smidge disappointed with the Fable Teaser, but I am just happy its confirmed to be Fable. Much better show than the PS5 one.

Gamepass FTW!

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Soul Reaver did that, no?
It depends on how far it goes. If it's through out the game, that's cool. It seems like the world is the same area which helps, give me a Titan Fall 2 time shift segment where you go in time to flip between the same environment at a later or earlier date.
IIRC the premise is that the entire game is like that. Which is impressive from a technical and art standpoint imo.

JetBlackPanda

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Echo Base
I really don't get all the hate. Microsoft embracing gamepass on PC is awesome. I can play so many more games I wouldn't have before.

PS5 + PC (and switch) FTW moving forward.

barjed

Project Lead
Verified
Aug 31, 2018
No JP presence outside of the new (is it?) PSO. And they said this is the most diverse line-up yet. Bleh. Super disappointed.

Avowed was the highlight for me, since it's Obsidian and it's an rpg but even that comes with a somewhat bitter realization Pillars 3 will probably never happen.

Good showing of the European studios in general with my fellow Poles showcasing the very promising Medium.

The biggest disappointment was Halo. It feels like the most by the numbers and safest sequel you could imagine. I know that it's probably a meme by now but it's clearly missing the Bungie touch.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
What a crazy show. I cannot begin to imagine how they managed to show nothing that looks next-gen in 60 minutes.

- Barely any gameplay other than Halo.
- CG teasers with little to go off.
- In-engine teasers with little to go off.
- Current-gen trailers that don't give us much more to go off.

manuvlad

Mar 26, 2019
The "major" news about Halo is that it is an open-world game now. So, 343 is one generation behind here. I bet that it will have a battle royale too.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Self-sabotaging, disjointed and a almost a troll showing really.
73126.jpg

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Say what you will about Halo looking "outdated" (it looks fine for open world and on par with something like Destiny), at least they fucking showed up and bothered to show gameplay. Can't believe Microsoft made the same mistake twice.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Thought it was better than Sony's June showcase. Lots of awesome games. Everything on gamepass... what a sweet fucking deal. Halo looked clean and smooth, now to go watch the 4k version.

And sounds like they're holding some stuff back for later in the year.

I just don't get the hate... except the fact it's Xbox, but still.

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Everyone is missing the point.

Gamepass was the show

And yet it still doesn't impress me. Sure it's a nice collection of titles that look good enough (based on CGI concepts lol), but with gaming is a lot different than netflix. I play a few titles and really invest in them, rather than binging a bunch of decent content.

Nothing here has me feeling I must sign up. Plus, even if something did I'd probably just wait to grab that one title on steam.

Mula

Banned
Jan 18, 2019
in my opinion it was as bad as the xbox one unveiling. i just say crackdown cgi trailer

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
I was super disappointed... Halo did not impress graphically, but at least is an open world. Hellblade 2 had no gameplay and that was my biggest letdown.

At least there are some good games that I'm excited about there, but yeah, I'm looking forward to xCloud with Game Pass instead of looking for an Xbox.

Funky_Monkey

Oct 31, 2017
I thought it was much like the PS5 event. Really liked the variety of games shown, but wished there was a little more gameplay. The State of Decay 3 demo really hooked me and Everwild looks so gorgeous.

For me the PS5 event hit home better, but I've grown up in the PS environment, I'd imagine those who grew up in the XBOX environment would probably feel the reverse. Really excited for next-gen.

Juryvicious

Oct 28, 2017
Amazing show. On top of the 3rd party stuff that wasn't shown that we know is in the pipeline, it sold me an Xbox Series X. Gamepass continues to look sweet.

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
About the same as the Sony conference imo. Underwhelming overall but still hopeful for next gen
Yeah, that's how I feel.

I do appreciate that Sony showed more gameplay, but I have to imagine the games are roughly just as far out. Microsoft's third party reveals were more interesting to me, but their first party showing really suffered from being mostly in-engine trailers.

TBH it looks like launch period for both consoles will be pretty anemic. There's almost nothing I'm particularly excited for from anyone the rest of the year.

Really hoping Silksong comes this year because it'll probably be my GOTY.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was really awful, just genuinely terrible. Psychonauts 2 is the only thing I want, I need to see more of Fable.

Halo Infinite looks really unenjoyable. We've been fighting the same enemies for how many years now? 20 almost? I quit Halo 5 because it got old but an entire open world of that shit? Pass.

I really went into this with an open mind, I wanted to feel that bubble of Halo joy swell up inside but... this just ain't it.

CGI trailers galore.

Too many talking heads.

Just not good enough, Microsoft are going to take AGES to get their first party good.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
  • Halo made me shrug my shoulders.
  • The Rare game looks good. Or should I say, the world looks good. Not sure how it'll play. Not in the mood to kill cute animals.
  • State of Decay 3 is disappointing in the sense that it'll never come close to looking like that.
  • The Medium looks neat still.
  • Forza okay.
  • I don't even remember the rest and that's problematic considering I just finished watching it.
I wanted more gameplay, damn it.

Oh wait:
  • I remembered Jack Black singing for Psychonauts 2. I was fine with that.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Whta a crazy show. They managed to show nothing that looks next-gen in 60 minutes.

- Barely any gameplay other than Halo.
- CG teasers with little to go off.
- In-engine teasers with little to go off.
- Current-gen trailers that don't give us much more to go off.
It wasn't for Next Gen exclusively, it was for the whole xbox ecosystem

The value of Gamepass is insane and this pushed me to finally decide that I want an XB1X

ShivereZ

Banned
Jun 10, 2020
Mauritius
I think saying this stream was worst than the previous would be an exaggeration... It wasn't a bad show and Halo looked pretty good but it wasn't impressive. There was a good mix of games.

That said... I could not see anything that showed the 'power' of the Series X. A lot of CGI trailers... I would give the show a 6/10. I think the Sony format was better...

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
it's nuts to me that the XSX lineup of first party titles is so barren after the last few years of the XBO was left so barren so they could focus on making XSX games

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
it's kinda sad that their biggest game is another halo and it doesn't look next gen at all. not graphics wise and not gameplay wise. it just looks like a more prettier looking halo 1. the obsidian rpg might be good but they didn't show much, not a second of gameplay means i can't get excited for it.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
Saving that "one more" for Fable is just... Like is Fable really a "one more thing" kind of name drop? Lol

Kuni

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm outside of potentially AVOWED nothing really called out to me there personally, Sony's stream appealed to me more personally. Halo in particular I was surprised at how current gen it looked but I guess that makes sense since it needs to run on Xbox One?

I'm totally confused now about what games are cross gen and what aren't. I was under the impression everything would be running on Xbox One for the next few years but some games XSX\PC only?

That said I'll happily check out a few of the games shown on PC Games Pass, incredible value.