• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
So other than Echo Generation, Balan Wonderworld, Psychonauts 2 and The Gunk, there are no games that interest me. Maybe Avowed but it's too soon to form an opinion. I guess Xbox games are not for me but fans must be happy atm.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not getting the negativity, in all honesty. There were a lot of games there that look like they could end up being pretty great.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's some games coming here that I'm excited for and will certainly play but I was expect a LOT more gameplay than what we got so that's pretty disappointing.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
I was watching this as someone with a capable PC, and to be honest there wasn't much there I am interested in that was shown. Halo maybe, Avowed maybe, Fable definitely, that's probably it.

RedEther

Jan 7, 2018
Just fable and everwild for me was interesting this show was extremely underwhelming

I'll stick with my PC

Zoon

Oct 25, 2017
This one had more games I liked than the Sony event.
Everwild, Avowed, Darktide, Fable vs Project Athia, Kena, Horizon 2
Still both events were quite disappointing. The only game that seemed "next-gen" to me was RE8. I guess we either have to wait a couple of years or I expected too much from the bump in specs.
Curious though, where were all the big third parties? Ubi and EA had their own events but what about the rest?

AngryMoth

Oct 25, 2017
Very underwhelmed, I really thought they would have more to show at this point. Only thing that really really caught my attention was Everwild.

I kinda expected them to have something more visually impressive than the PS5 reveal but nothing that showed actual gameplay came close. That Hellblade teaser they showed initially is really looking like just a proof of concept piece that the game will never live up to considering how much better it looks than every other next gen thing that has been revealed and how far away the game seemingly is.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
meh show, but can we give them some props for all the POC being represented in the games?

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
Well... That was boring. Literally nothing looked like a step up from current gen, including Halo Infinite. Whether that was the stream quality or not I don't know but not a single thing looked interesting or unique to me.

Looks like a continuation of their current strategy... Bank on Halo, Forza, Gears and multi-platform games to drive sales then relying on some lackluster exlusive indies to fill out the catalog. Massive error on their part to even include Hellblade 2 in this, that initial announcement blew peoples minds now they just solidified that it's at least 3 or 4 years away not being able to show a damn thing.

kaputt

Oct 27, 2017
Everwild looks incredible.

In my view the Xbox showcase was better than Sony's. I'll probably buy a PS5 though, usually prefer their exclusives, but great to see the focus on Gamepass, best subscription service I have right now.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Medium and Ratchet and Clank still being the only 2 really "next gen" looking games kinda sums up my feelings on next gen currently (not trying to bash either game, they both look fantastic), I just can't really muster up much excitement for either console and I'd usually be super sold by now. The main reason I'm getting a PS5 is because I have a lot of stuff on the PS4 and faster loading, but even that's moved into I'll buy eventually, instead of soon.

The showing was fine and if I was actually interested in getting a XSX anytime soon I'd say pretty good, but I'm not interested in getting a XSX anytime soon and it did nothing to change it.

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
What a crazy show. I cannot begin to imagine how they managed to show nothing that looks next-gen in 60 minutes.

- Barely any gameplay other than Halo.
- CG teasers with little to go off.
- In-engine teasers with little to go off.
- Current-gen trailers that don't give us much more to go off.
That is for me the problem the games sound good but show something that excites some detail about raytracing that makes people talk about the next weeks, some crazy battle with thousands of enemies, launch conferences used to be about that show me what will be special. I know fable show me something just telling me you are doing a fable game says nothing.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
There was just nothing on the level of Miles Morales or Horizon here imo. And everything that looks good (Fable, Forza, etc) seems to be years away with no gameplay.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God that was soooo bad, they should've probably kept quiet for a while or at least not hype this one up. Such an utter disappointment, it's basically just a glorified gamepass ad as usual

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
That was incredibly poor. As a format holder that's been talking soooooo much, bought all these studios and they gave us this?

The first Xbox showing was bad enough but a one that was focusing on first party was such a big letdown. I can't say I was excited for any of that sadly.

I'll just keep my One X for longer and play 99% of those games. Invest in an Series X in a few years when actual next gen games land from their studios.

While there's still time to show things from now until launch, 2 shows have already been bad so I don't know if I can be expected to be blown away any time soon.

Acido

Oct 31, 2017
If this was a mid gen stream it would've been great, but I feel like with a new gen coming, what people really want to see is gameplay. We're 4 months away from the launch and from the games that are supposed to showcase the new hardware we have only seen Halo

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Really underwhelming presentation for me...

Happy to see gameplay from Halo but that didn't really have the showing I expected from their main title...

Forza being just a lacklustre trailer was disappointing, thought that would be the other big showpiece for this conference alongside Halo.

Fable and Avowed are things to keep an eye on, but 30sec CG trailers were a let down in terms of reveals.

Everwild is probably the standout from that show, and even then we really didn't get a idea of what that game is.

Felt like GamePass was the main messaging for this whole conference really.

nullZr0

Alt account
Banned
Mar 2, 2020
Its obvious from this show that if you didnt have your MOCAP/PCAP work done before Covid, then your game is a year behind. Fable is a Covid casualty.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
Pretty underwhelming and uninspiring. Did nothing to make me consider buying an X series. So many grey and dark games. Phantasy Star was almost like coming up for air when it those blue skies appeared. Im probably more critical than most as someone who normally spends his time on Nintendo and Sony machines, but it just felt very 2013. Everwild trailer looked great though.

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
Microsoft presented absolutely no reason for people to buy an Xbox Series X this year.

They did, however, provide many reasons why people should subscribe to Game Pass.

This is the new normal for Microsoft, and until we (and I include myself in this) get used to this, we'll keep getting disappointed.

sugarmonkey

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So now posters who had less than zero percent interest in buying into Xbox are showing up to announce that the show was garbage and now they are holding off. Lol

TuMekeNZ

Oct 27, 2017
Auckland, New Zealand
Can't see them winning to me PS gamers over with that showing. Phil said he felt really good about what they had after the Sony show... I know its his job to feel good but man, what a let down. To many trailers for all the interesting stuff, and all those were Series X and above only so I guess we can put the "generational exclusives are bad" and "old gen doesn't hold back new gen" to bed, since it seems most of the XGS teams chose to ditch X1.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
I dont know, i liked it. Could have been better though. Wasnt thrilled with Halo. Looked like an xbox one game.....which it is.

How does gamepass work? Is it a subscription that lets you play the games only as long as you have it or do you get to keep the games if your a subscriber?
It's the Netflix of video games
Does netflix let you keep the shows?

Only while you're subscribed and content filters in and out. Also there's a differnce between GamePass and GamePass for PC, content doesn't always mirror each other.

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
Such toxicity in this thread as expected.
I am not seeing toxicity here

ms and sony both did an awful job at marketing their new consoles. both console are planned for release in less than 4 months and we still don't have an idea about the price or launch line up.

people didn't like their approach and are just vocal about it.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
STALKER 2 was the most exciting thing for me..... been waiting a long, long time for that. Loved the original + Call of Pripyat.

MrDeveus

Apr 26, 2019
jeebus the narrative is insane

Sony shows:
CGI footage most the show
They have less games
Barely any actual gameplay

yet for some reason people think it was miles better?

i just don't know what people want, that was a great show. EVERYTHING they showed is coming to gamepass.

Sep 19, 2019
Hamburg- Germany
9/10 show.

Was really surprised to see a trailer for State of Decay 3.

Fable was just awesome and there were only 2 or 3 games I didn't feel. Cant wait for Series X sitting in my living room.

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
this gen is going to be a small step forward i guess, not a leap. Neither Sony or MS ever showed anything that was like WOW, the closest thing we got was that Unreal 5 Demo of all things. shame

Slashkice

Oct 27, 2017
Man that was underwhelming. The lack of gameplay really hurt the show, and the absence of any big announcements just made it worse. A short CG teaser for Fable as their end-of-show zinger was an odd choice.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I thought that was a super solid showing, and it definitely would have sold me on Game Pass if I were on the fence for some reason.

It did not sell me on a Series X though... Maybe sites like DF will have head to head comparisons closer to launch that really sell the hardware. For now, I saw a conference that makes Series X look compelling in a year or two.

Maybe I'm just getting more cynical with age, but it is what it is. Kudos to the Xbox team for a great showing. Even more kudos for everything shown being on Game Pass and therefore XCloud.