• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you like the OT title?

• Yes

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 16.9%
  • It's not my first choice, but...

Votes: 88 14.4%
  • Stop being so elitist

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • What's with this poll, anyway?

Votes: 71 11.7%
  • [screaming]

Votes: 68 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
Halo Infinite.
Starfield.
Forza Horizon 5.
Microsoft Flight Simulator for console.
Maybe, just maybe a XGS published title.

This would be a great year, and far removed from the talk that we wont see anything of significance until 2022.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Those claims were always wild to begin with.

Microsoft fumbling launch on the software front was one thing that was shocking, but to imagine that they would go an entire year with only Halo Infinite to look forward to was madness.
I agree and was very surprised a journalist basically said the games could come alongside a Series upgrade consoles. How out of touch can someone be and if he only meant Avowed, Fable and PD, then he should've been more clear judging by how often his comments were misinterpreted everywhere in such a case.

Jun 15, 2020
Halo Infinite.
Starfield.
Forza Horizon 5.

This would be a great year, and far removed from the talk that we wont see anything of significance until 2022.
And that's only first-party. Throw in PSO 2: New Genesis, Darktide, The Ascent, The Gunk, 12 Minutes.... gonna be goooooooood. Hell, it already is. Second Extinction is in 3 days!

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
I agree and was very surprised a journalist basically said the games could come alongside a Series upgrade consoles. How out of touch can someone be and if he only meant Avowed, Fable and PD, then he should've been more clear judging by how often his comments were misinterpreted everywhere in such a case.
This was before the podcast, sometime last year this was the prevailing talk of how Microsoft would be waiting until 2022 to start getting games out. I did not think that that would be the case.

And that's only first-party. Throw in PSO 2: New Genesis, Darktide, The Ascent, The Gunk, 12 Minutes.... gonna be goooooooood. Hell, it already is. Second Extinction is in 3 days!
It would have been a year for the ages had Bethesda not signed timed exclusive deals with Sony.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
speaking about releases, I am eager to catch a Xbox series x for me but am waiting for a new game to justify the initial investment.
When you guys think the Next major exclusive releases will come?
it doesn't need to be the super AAA, but games like the gunk, the ascent, flight simulator, etc...
do you guys think we will have exclusives only in the holidays or games are going to arrive earlier?

Once the release factory gets going they are going to be launching games very regularly. The dependence on the holidays will die the death it should have done in the early part of last gen and whilst games will get released in the holiday (because if they're done why not?) there they will be more evenly spread

Racos

Oct 27, 2017
If Starfield and Halo Infinite were both meant for 2020 then I wonder what was originally planned for Holiday 2021.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Halo Infinite.
Starfield.
Forza Horizon 5.

Psychonauts 2 may be a multiplat game, but it's also a XGS game.

If Deathloop and Ghostwire were timed exclusives, it would have been easily the best Xbox year ever lol. Shit, it probably is without those two if all the others actually happen this year.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
Psychonauts 2 may be a multiplat game, but it's also a XGS game.

If Deathloop and Ghostwire were timed exclusives, it would have been easily the best Xbox year ever lol. Shit, it probably is without those two if all the others actually happen this year.
Knew I was forgetting something.

By the way, it just shows how far Xbox has come.

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
I think there will be changes, but it will be more a evolution than a revolution (=reboot). This is a difficult balancing act imo, because as you said you need to keep things fresh, but at the same time imo making to many changes can lead to the perception falling of a cliff. After all FH3-4 got so many fans and are so well received, because the underlying formular rocks. Changing that is very risky, especially when a franchise like FH is getting more popular with each entry using the current formular.
This would be a much needed and appreciated change. Another cool addition would be motorcycles. 👍

I'm expecting motorcycles, they already teased before in some exhibition how cool they are, and it's the natural step to be like PGR. And this time they got one more year to work on it.

Classybro

Oct 27, 2017
Is Microsoft supporting PS5 with there multi platform games. Minecraft Minecraft Dungeons Psychonaughts are these games getting PS5 versions I Bellevue the Bethesda games are was but was curious as to other ongoing XGS studios games

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Is Microsoft supporting PS5 with there multi platform games. Minecraft Minecraft Dungeons Psychonaughts are these games getting PS5 versions I Bellevue the Bethesda games are was but was curious as to other ongoing XGS studios games
Only minecraft and the existing bethesda titles like Deathloop and ghostwire. That's the only expectation.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Psychonauts 2 will not come to PS5 natively.

The only reason it's coming to PS4 is because this version was promised during the Fig.co crowdfunding stage.

It'll basically a "Xbox Series X|S next-gen exclusive", if such a thing exists, with whatever improvements they'll make (I imagine higher FPS / resolution).

Platforms: Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, macOS, Linux

www.doublefine.com

Psychonauts 2

Razputin Aquato, trained acrobat and powerful young psychic, has realized his life long dream of joining the international psychic espionage organization…

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Well Psychonauts 2 isn't getting a PS5 version, that much I know.
Psychonauts 2 will be the fig platforms they committed to right? So ps5 for sure but 9th gen xbox only because they did not commit to a 9th gen playstation version?

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
I really really hope we see some gameplay of Avowed in June. I know the teaser suggested we're a ways away but in my heart of hearts I'm hoping we get to play it sooner rather than later.

Just finished playing the crap out of PoE 2 and man what a ride that was.
poe.jpg

I had so much fun that I'm gonna go right a wrong by going back and 100% the original PoE. This time I'm making a Pale Elf Bleak Walker Paladin( Herald of Rymrgand come to bring oblivion to the Drywood) I'm ready to make all the wrong choices lol. I hope Avowed gives players as many options as the first 2 games did. I'll miss the deep CRPG elements that you just can't do in a skyrim like game but it's worth it to see Eora in all it's glory in a next gen setting. Plus the lore is so good that I think a main stream audience deserves to get into it too. If Avowed isn't showed at all this year I'll be heartbroken.
both the Pillars games are great. I think if Avowed is received well, than maybe we'll get PoE3. But currently it seems like that PoE3 is a pipe dream.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
If Starfield and Halo Infinite were both meant for 2020 then I wonder what was originally planned for Holiday 2021.
I think the big AAA Game Pass deals coupled with Global Publishing titles were going to be the big hitters this year. And FH5?

I do wonder if Battlefield was going to be the big one this holiday. We'll know soon enough if BF6 comes to GP but if it is then I think that was going to be the play this holiday. Now it will be an absolute embarrassment of riches for 2021 if we get all of this.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
both the Pillars games are great. I think if Avowed is received well, than maybe we'll get PoE3. But currently it seems like that PoE3 is a pipe dream.
Would be cool and I think more likely since gamepass makes these games more viable, plus we need some pc centric games for gamepass. Honestly though, I'd rather have any game set in eora than none at all. I wouldn't be too disappointed with a lack of poe3 as long as avowed elevates the franchise.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Psychonauts 2 will not come to PS5 natively.

The only reason it's coming to PS4 is because this version was promised during the Fig.co crowdfunding stage.

It'll basically a "Xbox Series X|S next-gen exclusive", if such a thing exists, with whatever improvements they'll make (I imagine higher FPS / resolution).

www.doublefine.com

Psychonauts 2

Razputin Aquato, trained acrobat and powerful young psychic, has realized his life long dream of joining the international psychic espionage organization…
It's going to be a shitstorm on Era once more people are aware there won't be a PS5 upgrade or version.

Feb 15, 2019
So if that's true about Starfield supposed to come out last year, does that mean covid delay caused the game to become exclusive? Because Microsoft didn't officially buy Bethesda until this year, unless they paid for an exclusivity agreement before that. Kind of crazy to think about.

But I really hope that's true, BGS is my favorite game studio so I'm incredibly excited to see Starfield, and also as a major Elder Scrolls fan the sooner Starfield releases the sooner Elder Scrolls 6 is to coming out lol

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
I've been saying this for the past 5 years but E3 could be massive for Xbox this year! If we get Halo, Starfield, Forza Horizon, Psychonauts and a third party title this year with some trailers for next year and beyond - wow what a year.

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
Would be cool and I think more likely since gamepass makes these games more viable, plus we need some pc centric games for gamepass. Honestly though, I'd rather have any game set in eora than none at all. I wouldn't be too disappointed with a lack of poe3 as long as avowed elevates the franchise.
Honestly I just want to know what happens to the Watcher, the ending of PoE3 was pretty obviously sequel-bait

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Yeah, that would be the strongest quarter in Xbox history imo.

Halo Infinite
Starfield
Forza Horizon 5
Psychonauts 2 if it is pushed to Fall
Battlefield 6 on GP?

Just. Wow.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Sometimes it just hits me that both the companies in the Scrolls lawsuit is now owned by MS lol
Would never have believed you if you told me that in 2012 when it happened haha

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Yeah, that would be the strongest quarter in Xbox history imo.

Halo Infinite
Starfield
Forza Horizon 5
Psychonauts 2 if it is pushed to Fall
Battlefield 6 on GP?

Just. Wow.

If 2 half of 2021 look like this :

August :
Psychonauts 2
September :
Microsoft Flight Simulator - Xbox ports
Forza Horizon 5 Mexico
October :
Starfield
AOE4
November 15 :
Halo Infinite

With all third party deals, I can see XGP at +33M subscribers in December 2021.

Jamie

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I've been saying this for the past 5 years but E3 could be massive for Xbox this year! If we get Halo, Starfield, Forza Horizon, Psychonauts and a third party title this year with some trailers for next year and beyond - wow what a year.
I would say even without Horizon it would be a great year for first party titles. Obviously, Horizon would take it to the next level and I'm hoping with you guys that the 2020 rumors are true.

ImPacaTheCat

Mar 3, 2020
If 2 half of 2021 look like this :

August :
Psychonauts 2
September :
Microsoft Flight Simulator - Xbox ports
Forza Horizon 5 Mexico
October :
Starfield
November 15 :
Halo Infinite

With all third party deals, I can see XGP at +33M subscribers in December 2021.

I don't know. They kinda need to keep a constant flow of furst party games to Gamepass, don't they? Wouldn't it be better to spread these releases (FH5,Starfield,Halo) over some more months to avoid not having exclusive big first party games on the first months of 2022? I know they can get third party games to GP anyway, but just asking ...

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Playing Halo during Christmas time is going to be so cozy <3 Christmas lights, drab weather outside, everyone is vaccinated, add some gregorian chants and I'm happy.

I hope Nintendo/Sony also come out with a November/December banger and we can all be happy and dance around the Christmas tree.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I don't know. They kinda need to keep a constant flow of furst party games to Gamepass, don't they? Wouldn't it be better to spread these releases (FH5,Starfield,Halo) over some more months to avoid not having exclusive big first party games on the first months of 2022? I know they can get third party games to GP anyway, but just asking ...
We don't know how stacked 2022 might already be planned to be

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
[/QUOTE]

I've never liked the idea of spreading games out artificially. Just release the games when they're ready and move on.

We've just gone through a pretty long drought. Since launch, nearly six months ago, the only new thing Microsoft has put out is a 3 hour Gears 5 DLC. Game Pass has grown 30+% over that time period.

Hopefully production issues will be solved in the next six months. When that happens, Xbox needs to have some exclusives out the door to help fight the competition.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019

2022 could be also stacked.

+ these game will have long retention.

I think it's important to have this big PR win for end of 2021 after quiet debut

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
I would personally say no. If they need more games for early 2022, they can always go out and get them like Outriders and MLB The Show.

My personal opinion is there is stuff in the pipeline starting this Fall ad infinitum really. Wolf 3 is somewhere. Avowed to me is 2022. Possibly HB2. Forza Motorsport. Jez said the cyclone emoji was a game originally targeting 2022. I expect a few Global Publishing games in 2022. The two Bethesda games exclusive to PS5 will be coming over. And then they can definitely do more GP deals to fill out any gaps.

We eatin.

Mister_X

Aug 22, 2020
Damn if that's true then the 2nd half of this year is going to be massive for Xbox. Gamepass subscribers is going to blow pass 30 million before the end of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.