• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you like the OT title?

• Yes

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 16.9%
  • It's not my first choice, but...

Votes: 88 14.4%
  • Stop being so elitist

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • What's with this poll, anyway?

Votes: 71 11.7%
  • [screaming]

Votes: 68 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGamer92

Oct 25, 2017
Have Microsoft officially said their doing a showcase for E3? It seems like most people assume they are since they're associating themselves with it, but I don't know if anything official has been said.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
This is totally off topic and old, but I saw this yesterday - it's a race between two of the top Ori WotW speedrunners for AGDQ 2021. And it is amazing to watch start to finish. It's really cool, if you need something to just put on in the background lol.

This was cool! And they're a cute couple, fun shot with a dog butt in the foreground XD.

I'm curious about this "what we film is what goes in the game". Definitely seems like Tameem's push for realism, and it certainly seems like a challenge to implement successfully in a game. I hope they find the way to integrate it and make it fun and/or engaging and/or meaningful.

snake2531

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if this has been answered or if I'm asking in the wrong topic but I'm playing Jedi: Fallen Order and every time I turn my XSX on it tells me there was a profile change and kicks me back to the main menu, usually with lost progress. There is only one profile on my system and I never have any guests playing. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
I'm curious about this "what we film is what goes in the game". Definitely seems like Tameem's push for realism, and it certainly seems like a challenge to implement successfully in a game. I hope they find the way to integrate it and make it fun and/or engaging and/or meaningful.
The original game's combat was pretty basic. If they're translating some of those moves into combat then this will be quite a technical feat and a vast improvement over the original. We know NT have the artistic chops and to be honest, if the visuals are anywhere close to the trailer then it will be amazing. This was a really cool video seeing Melina train and transform.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
The original game's combat was pretty basic. If they're translating some of those moves into combat then this will be quite a technical feat and a vast improvement over the original. We know NT have the artistic chops and to be honest, if the visuals are anywhere close to the trailer then it will be amazing. This was a really cool video seeing Melina train and transform.
Your quoting something I didn't say. Did you copy and paste over my initial message?

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Thank God those Square rumors were bullshit. The last thing we need is more major publishers getting bought out and big-name franchises getting locked behind the walled gardens of either console, potentially screwing millions of people out of playing them.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Thank God those Square rumors were bullshit. The last thing we need is more major publishers getting bought out and big-name franchises getting locked behind the walled gardens of either console, potentially screwing millions of people out of playing them.

I do think it's a matter of time until we see a few large publishers get picked up. In the US in particular, with the upcoming change to the corporate tax rate companies are going wild on acquisitions. I would expect that to show up in gaming sooner rather than later.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018

Well buckle up cause it won't be the last of it lol

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

079.png

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017

OMG no one is screwed out of anything. You can just buy what every platform the game is on

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Yeah man I can't even imagine what would happen if big Square Enix franchises were locked behind a walled garden of a single console and screwing millions of people out of playing them.
Like can you imagine that?
How crazy would that be....

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Yea..that would suck to be locked out of a major franchise just because a platform holder threw a ton of money at Square to keep games exclusive to a platform

could you imagine

EDIT: someone beat me to it 😂

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Yeah man I can't even imagine what would happen if big Square Enix franchises were locked behind a walled garden of a single console and screwing millions of people out of playing them.
Like can you imagine that?
How crazy would that be....
Wait one second. Is my sarcasm detector actually working? Is it possible I saw this post for what it is? Sarcasm? Inconceivable!

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018
Forza Horizon 4 #7 on the Xbox NPD charts, two and a half years after release. Pretty crazy. Also, I strongly suspect that Microsoft's first party games have brought in more revenue via direct sales since the "all our games on GP day 1" than in the 3 years prior to that.

I'm very intrigued by the campaigns in AOE4, the campaigns in AOE2 were so dull (maybe they improved in the add-ons), I always liked the idea of leading armies as historical figures but the execution was subpar. Relic on the other hand has done so many engaging RTS campaigns, maybe they'll succeed.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
New 007 GoldenEye by IOI for Xbox Series X|S and New Nintendo Switch, I'm calling it now.

(just put a lot of rumors together, I'm bored)

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't Square outright say they are not for sale?

I wouldn't take too much notice what SE said. They are a public company so of course they are for sale for the right price, unless there is a share holder or group of share holders who can block a sale for whatever reason or frustrate it, which is what happened with Ubisoft.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018

Some people expect that MS is more likely to buy a publisher than just add studios due to not stretch the management of XGP and Bethesda too soon. Add a publisher, they simply become a third self-operating branch and it integrates cleanly.

Dec 31, 2017
May for FM8 play testing 👀
That game is going to be such a visual powerhouse honestly! Imo that will be the best looking game the year it releases, Turn10's tech is one of the best in the business, never has a FM title not impressed me visually (as well as the following year's FH). I hope there's also a current gen version as I'm deploying overseas soon and only bringing my One X with me for 6 months.

Dec 31, 2017
The platforms for the game are already announced. It's PC and Series X|S. And if the in-engine trailer is anything to go by it will be way to much for Xbox One X to handle.
/cry
Oh well, at least it'll be waiting for me at home when I come back! Was thinking of picking up a series S but then I won't have any need for it to be honest when I get back home as I kept the One X upstairs for Blu-ray/media and Minecraft for the kids (they'll use the Series X while I'm gone).

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't take too much notice what SE said. They are a public company so of course they are for sale for the right price, unless there is a share holder or group of share holders who can block a sale for whatever reason or frustrate it, which is what happened with Ubisoft.
You don't have to take mega corporations at their word lol, this type of thing happens all the time, where a company denies being for sale then ends up being sold.

Fair point, not the first time we've seen this kind of response.

I wonder what a SE acquisition from MS would look like. It would certainly solve their 'Japan' problem in swoop.

Out of interest anyone know what SEs marjet cap is at the moment? Also what are their subsidiaries/studios?

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Fair point, not the first time we've seen this kind of response.

I wonder what a SE acquisition from MS would look like. It would certainly solve their 'Japan' problem in swoop.

Out of interest anyone know what SEs marjet cap is at the moment? Also what are their subsidiaries/studios?

You said it already. The acquisition would significantly expand Xbox's presence in Japan and also add even more studios to produce content for Game Pass. It would also allow Xbox to slot the publisher into their structure in the same way as Bethesda.

I am not sure about the number of studios it would add, but the market cap is around 7 billion, so an offer of around 8-12 billion would probably force the board's hand and ok the sale.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft was close to buying Square in the beginning. I can see that they would be interested again if the opportunity ever arose. I definitely wouldn't say it wouldn't make sense for Microsoft. There would just be a ton of competition for them.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
I'm not sure when "next-gen" is going to kick in on Xbox. Whatever game comes after Halo Infinite, I suppose. Maybe Starfield, maybe Hellblade 2. Not sure.

I'm not sure when the definition of 'next gen' changed to 'must be first party and must not have a version on previous gen consoles'

Either way, Flight Sim should be launching within the next few months. And that's as 'next gen' as it gets.

Munki

Apr 30, 2019
I'm not sure when the definition of 'next gen' changed to 'must be first party and must not have a version on previous gen consoles'

Either way, Flight Sim should be launching within the next few months. And that's as 'next gen' as it gets.
Featurewise, you can add "Quick Resume" to that list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.