• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2020
I could totally see Indiana Jones in first-person. Sort of like Call of the Sea, mostly about solving puzzles, with a sprinkle of gunplay in there, and the whip mechanics from the last DLC of We Happy Few.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
I could totally see Indiana Jones in first-person. Sort of like Call of the Sea, mostly about solving puzzles, with a sprinkle of gunplay in there, and the whip mechanics from the last DLC of We Happy Few.
From Machine Games? IDK. I feel like Indiana Jones will be this huge, cinematic roller coaster ride, with set-pieces up the wazoo. Kinda like RE8, but less moldy.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
My big question for the Indiana Jones game is do they try and get Harrison Fords likeness.

(No point getting him to voice act as he'll phone it in)

Or risk an Avengers type backlash on the characters look.

I almost feel like if you don't do Harrison you actually need to get another big name actor that would be believable as playing them in a film - rather then a fake generic Indy.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
My big question for the Indiana Jones game is do they try and get Harrison Fords likeness.

I almost feel like if you don't do Harrison you actually need to get another big name actor that would be believable as playing them in a film - rather then a fake generic Indy.
Who's playing Indy in IJ5?

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
1. What is your craziest desires from Microsoft at this E3?

Microsoft and Sega have entered into an unprecedented partnership to publish and localize Japanese games for the west, including Xbox and PC. With Segas localization expertise and Microsofts funding and technical assistance.

The first team to benefit from this program will be Level5, with Inazuma Eleven Ares, Yokai Watch 4 and Megaton Musashi ports all announced for Xbox and Steam, launching on Game Pass day one. More to come! (I dug deep for this one, but you wanted craziest)

2. What game or logo will be on Phil's t-shirt?

DmC. That's DmC, not DMC(real talk this is one of my favorite parts of the shows)

3. Who do you want to see at the show that make you super excited? (Director, actor, ...)

Shinji Mikami

4. What 3rd party game you want to see as Xbox exclusive?

I don't really care, but I'm going to say Beyond Good and Evil 2 here just because it'd increase the chances of the game ever coming out.

5. Your dream studio to be acquired?

Mistwalker. Give them security and give Xbox JRPGs. Cherry on top would be the announcement that after part 2 of Fantasian releases on Apple Arcade "Fantasian Complete Edition" will be coming to Xbox, with general QOL improvements, voice acting, and "hand drawn" animated cut scenes.

You asked for dreams, I certainly went with dreams.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

It's not Indy without Ford

Mar 19, 2020
I wonder what the reason is (and if it could be easily fixed) that 360 games can't be streamed from console. There are so many 360 games that lend themselves to that.

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
GOD. Microsoft is too quiet!

come on. lets have fun.

3. Who do you want to see at the show that make you super excited? (Director, actor, ...)

just keep your expectation in check. this is just fun.
1. Purchases Sega or Rockstar. Outside of that, New Viva Piñata or Reboot Too Human
2. A Japanese developer, Sega or Squenix maybe.
3. No one particularly from TV or Film, maybe Gabe Newell.
4. Realistically some EA game or Rockstar. But 3rd party exclusives are shitty, id rather hear acquisitions or 3rd party for everyone. Dont pussyfoot around.
5. Rockstar

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018

come on. lets have fun.

1. A new Banjo Kazooie
2. PGR
3. No one.
4. Splinter Cell
5. Remedy Entertainment

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I wonder what the reason is (and if it could be easily fixed) that 360 games can't be streamed from console. There are so many 360 games that lend themselves to that.

My guess would be something to do with the licensing, like maybe it counts as a distribution channel so they'd have to sign new contracts or something. I can't imagine it's anything technical that can't be overcome.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
I'd like to think if someone approached Ford about being in a video game he'd tell them to fuck off and go back to smoking weed.

Dec 21, 2018
I know we all already know but with this point of view it's hurt.

3DS style 😅 (she sold very well when the games started to be released)

Unfortunately it's accurate for the time being. Thankfully in around 2 years they should have a constant stream of releases, and with enough studios producing games that quarterly 1st party releases may not be an unrealistic expectation.

With the amount of studios they have, they ought to be able produce top quality games in all genres. Ideally MP players will have fresh games, and primarily SP players will have a steady stream too.

UpwardRapier

Jan 22, 2020

come on. lets have fun.

1. MS acquires WB interactive
2. It's gotta be Halo
3. Kojima announcing a Xbox partnership
4. Elden Ring or GTA 6 for the meltdowns
5. If we're not talking about publishers then Remedy would be my top choice with IOI being a close second.

Jan 4, 2018
1. A Hellblade 2 release date and an announcement that a second large team at Ninja Theory is making an exclusive Star Wars game

Since they already worked on a Star Wars game, I continue to think that a Star Wars Game by Ninja Theory featuring Asajj Ventress (dark apprentice of Count Dooku) using Unreal Engine 5 would be a perfect match.

Her story (tragedy, torments, redemption..) fits so well with their storytelling that we've seen in Hellblade. And with their huge focus on combat in Hellblade 2 (it seems), combats with light sabers and Force abilities (if done well as it's something challenging) would be epic.

ife2y.jpg

main-qimg-d008bdf1067ef027016157a4a858cca3

5547643-ventress%20lose%202.gif

www.gamespot.com

Dream Star Wars Games We Want And Who Should Make Them

Here are the Star Wars games we most want to see made and the studios we want to handle development.
An RPG Starring Asajj Ventress By Ninja Theory Or Obsidian Entertainment
My favorite Star Wars character is Ahsoka Tano--her evolution into a talented Jedi before becoming a traveling rōnin-like figure is stellar. But a very close second for me is Asajj Ventress, who almost feels like the dark foil to Ahsoka. Her story is one of tragedy, one that leads to her becoming the personal assassin and dark apprentice of Darth Tyranous/Count Dooku. And much like Ahsoka, Asajj is cast out by her allies and pursues a more neutral path between the dark and the light, becoming a bounty hunter. If Ahsoka is the story of finding purpose after leaving the Jedi, then Asajj is the story of finding purpose after leaving the Sith.

Getting a video game about Asajj Ventress covering her story following her failed attempt to assassinate Dooku and her decision to become a bounty hunter sounds awesome. Asajj is a fascinating character. She's a good person, but the trauma of her abusive upbringing has compelled her to keep even her closest allies at arm's length. Though Asaji knows she's stunningly beautiful, she only flirts with others as a means of disarming them, not because she believes someone would genuinely want to be with her.

Though Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order touches on it with Cal Kestis, Star Wars video games do very little to explore the trauma of folks growing up and living through war. It's a huge part of the novels and TV shows that just haven't crossed into the games yet, and Asajj's story presents an ideal way to finally dig into that. Plus, she's a badass bounty hunter with Force powers and such a commanding presence that she can charm or threaten her way through most problems without needing to draw her weapon--the ideal protagonist for a narrative-focused action RPG. I'd love to see Ninja Theory or Obsidian Entertainment take a stab at a game like that, especially if the studio works with writer Katie Lucas and author Christie Golden to capture the right tone for the game's story--both made Asajj Ventress into such an incredible character throughout The Clone Wars, Kindred Spirits, and Dark Disciple. -- Jordan Ramée, Associate Editor

Mar 19, 2020
My guess would be something to do with the licensing, like maybe it counts as a distribution channel so they'd have to sign new contracts or something. I can't imagine it's anything technical that can't be overcome.
A bummer, but that sounds about right. I somehow fell into Sonic Adventure 2 and would like to raise my Chao and n the go haha.

eDIGI

Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

come on. lets have fun.

1. Partnership with sega on panzer dragoon orta sequel.

2. Killer Instinct

3. Kojima or Hideki Kamiya

4. Something from square

5. Moon Studios

NippleViking

May 2, 2018

come on. lets have fun.

1. Xbox Live Gold is dropped, MP is now free
2. It's probably going to be Halo
3. Danny Devito or Paul Rudd
4. I hate money-hats, but provided the circumstances behind it are tasteful, I'd love a Kotor Remake
5. Platinum by a mile

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair

come on. lets have fun.

1. Same as it has been for a long time now: Banjo-Kazooie. It's time for the bear and bird duo to return.

2. He'll be wearing a special shirt to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Xbox.

3. Craig Duncan and/or Gregg Mayles to briefly speak of Rare's legacy and how they are dedicated to keeping their old IP in players' mindsets just as much as they are about creating new IP. Then #1 (Banjo) is shown.

4. This one is tough, but I guess the new Timesplitters.

5. Iron Galaxy so Killer Instinct would more than likely come back again.

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
Without Drew Murray, it feels The Initiative is extremely silent. Is there anyone apart of that studio that has a consistent social media presence? Would be nice to get a tidbit from them every now and then.

Laver

Banned
Mar 30, 2018

come on. lets have fun.

1. 5+ 1st party AAA gameplay presentations at the conference.
2. Banjo-Kazooie
3. Sven Vincke announcing Larian is going to work on KOTOR3 after Baldur's Gate 3
4. Jet Set Radio 3 and Splinter Cell. OG Xbox throwback
5. Not many studios left out there many after Embracer and Tencent scooped up everything in sight. Probably Asobo.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019

come on. lets have fun.

Alright crazy hopes and dreams for MS time:
  1. Nintendo/MS colab on Banjo Three. Developed by Nintendo comes to switch and Xbox Gamepass. MS gets the rights and Ninja theories second team starts to develop a Dr. Strange game.
  2. Phil comes out and under the blazer is a shadow run shirt
  3. Koji Igarashi shows up to talk Bloodstained 2 and...
  4. Announce the next sequel to Castlevania symphony of the night as an Xbox exclusive.
  5. Phil announces Capcom is now a part of the Xbox family.
I don't expect any of this to happen but the meltdowns would be legendary.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017

New AAAAA (that's 5 A's !) IP revealed.
"THE FIRST OF THEM": 3rd person story driven action game.
Somewhat reminescent of another popular IP but Sci fi/cyberpunk.
Shooting, stealth, action, psychic powers (think GITS + AKIRA, both in themes and aesthetics). A surrogate brother/sister relationship going on between the main characters, travelling across Neo Japan.
It's an entirely original concept, i swear.

The old Konami logo
Kojima
None, why would I. Ok GTAVI just for the meltdowns.
Some small but talented team that could use MS funding their next project. Can't think of anyone specifically right now.

Jun 15, 2020
Jeff Grubb is live on Twitch with the Game Mess show talking about Halo. Kind of spicy stuff.
  • Microsoft seems interested in catering to "Halo-ass Halo fans". He thinks non-fans will just see it as "more Halo" and thus he's worried the reception might be bad.
  • He expects E3 to be multiplayer-focused.
  • If they do new multiplayer modes like Battle Royal, that'll probably be down the road, this will probably be things Halo fans know and love like Capture the Flag at launch.
  • Doesn't expect a huge, long deep dive into Halo at E3. They're busy finishing the game, not E3 assets, which take a lot of time away from development.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Jeff Grubb is live on Twitch with the Game Mess show talking about Halo. Kind of spicy stuff.
What I expect personally as well.

We've had 3/4 glimpses and peeks at SP now, they may as well let the other stuff campaign offers go undiscovered until launch.

Let's see some improvements/changes to MP, maybe how the co-op campaign and F2P element functions etc.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if they fully focus on old skool Halo that could bring the series fully back to the top.
But he maybe thats not needed for them i guess.

We better see some SP footage tho at E3. They cant really not to after the delay.

Jun 15, 2020
Not sure if they fully focus on old skool Halo that could bring the series fully back to the top.
But he maybe thats not needed for them i guess.

We better see some SP footage tho at E3. They cant really not to after the delay.
I think the days of Halo being in the position it was in 2004 is just impossible these days. Nothing is in that spot except GTA, Minecraft, Animal Crossing, CoD, and Fortnite. It's a different market now. And that's ok.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
It can be really bad if they don't show some campaign, not like 10min if they don't want but at least a little cutscene with some gameplay ( like gears 5 2018 ).

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
  • Microsoft seems interested in catering to "Halo-ass Halo fans". He thinks non-fans will just see it as "more Halo" and thus he's worried the reception might be bad.
  • If they do new multiplayer modes like Battle Royal, that'll probably be down the road, this will probably be things Halo fans know and love like Capture the Flag at launch.
  • Doesn't expect a huge, long deep dive into Halo at E3. They're busy finishing the game, not E3 assets, which take a lot of time away from development.
Good. Established games should worry about galvanising their fanbase rather than watering down the product. Especially if this is a long tail release which needs engagement constantly

Status
Not open for further replies.