• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Calisto Protocol showing up would be so damn good.

Wonder if theres a chance Dragon's Dogma 2 is announced? Xbox revealed DMC5 on stage previously.

Maybe Archetype Entertainment's Sci Fi RPG is ready to be shown.

Last year's event just didnt bring it with the big AAA 3rd party games.
Oooh, DD2 is a good bet, though I'm not sure Itsuno's team is ready just yet. Remember how long it took DMC5 to go from rumored to announced?
And I feel like the main reason Xbox didn't have many 3rd parties last year was was because of E3's cancellation and Summer Game Fest interfering with their planning. That shouldn't be the case this year, but you never know.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Oooh, DD2 is a good bet, though I'm not sure Itsuno's team is ready just yet. Remember how long it took DMC5 to go from rumored to announced?
And I feel like the main reason Xbox didn't have many 3rd parties last year was was because of E3's cancellation and Summer Game Fest interfering with their planning. That shouldn't be the case this year, but you never know.
I wonder if the whole "Every game will on Game Pass or F2P" came before or after their line up was decided. Did they do that because 3rd party's couldnt get ready in time or did they do it because that was their plan from the start?

Either way the pandemic screwed up basically everyone's plans.

If Capcom has their own show(idk) maybe they'd just put it their instead if they show it at all.

I can see something from Sega being announced, as they lack their own event (while capcom, SQE, bamco don't).
Relic will be there with AoE4.

I wonder if Creative Assembly has another game outside of the Total War series in the works. They only have made Total War games since Halo Wars 2 in 2017.

I have no clue about Sega's Japanese studios to even guess if they have anything to show. Is this the year Persona comes to Xbox?

Last edited:

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
yall think MS maybe gets the marketing deal for Lost Judgement or does that series just go without a marketing deal this year, because I doubt Sony is interested tbh.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
I can see something from Sega being announced, as they lack their own event (while capcom, SQE, bamco don't).
Two-Point Campus and more Lost Judgement for sure.
The new Sonic game maybe *fingers crossed*
Still reeling from Balan Wonderworld, so trying not the get my hopes too high

yall think MS maybe gets the marketing deal for Lost Judgement or does that series just go without a marketing deal this year, because I doubt Sony is interested tbh.
IDK about marketing rights, but if Xbox staff are working on the Series X port like they did Yakuza: LAD, then I'll bet they'll want to showcase their work.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
IDK about marketing rights, but if Xbox staff are working on the Series X port like they did Yakuza: LAD, then I'll bet they'll want to showcase their work.
I think it would pay Microsoft well, associate the Yakuza/Judgement brand as much as they can with Xbox, and really just double and triple down on that relationship with Sega.

Perhaps even get the remaster of the first Judgement into gamepass.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
So the rumor about Xbox buying an IP they bought Dead Space and gave it to the coalition right?
After the huge success of the recent RE games and their little single-player experiment with Jedi: Fallen Order, I think EA may be reevaluating the Dead Space IP. Might be worthwhile for them to make a sequel...

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Just watched last year's Halo Infinite gameplay trailer again and I'm absolutely not sorry to say that the gameplay and gunplay were top notch a FULL YEAR ago. This shit is gonna be fire.

Cannot wait to play this mf.

Jasonofindy

Oct 27, 2017
It won't happen, but I'd like to see NetherRealm announce their next game at the Xbox event. I'd love to see it on GamePass day 1. (even if unlikely)

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I cannot wait to see what Typhoon is….soooo intrigued by that and I'm pleasantly surprised little to nothing has leaked concerning the game.

My curiosity is really piqued on it…

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
VDniorB.gif

Last edited:

Grunty

Oct 28, 2017
Gruntilda’s Lair
I made some additional adjustments after going through the comments and some suggestions from solis74. Some stuff added, some things moved around. As of now, I think this is a fairly accurate look at what is guaranteed, likely, and unlikely to he shown at the showcase based on everything we've been hearing from insiders for awhile now plus some current unknowns/rumors & speculation and potential Game Pass announcements:

Guaranteed
  • Halo Infinite
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Starfield
Likely
  • Project Omen
  • Project Typhoon
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Flight Simulator
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Cross Fire X
  • Age Of Empires 4
  • Stalker 2
  • Grounded
  • Fallout 76
Unlikely
  • Everwild
  • Fable
  • Avowed
  • Perfect Dark
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Hellblade 2
  • Indiana Jones
  • Gears 6
  • Project Dragon
  • State Of Decay 3
  • Age Of Empires 2
Currently Unknown/Rumored
  • Wolfenstein 3
  • The Outer Worlds 2
  • Project Mara
  • New Game From Hideo Kojima
  • New Game From Zenimax Online
  • New Game From Compulsion
  • New Game From Inxile
  • New Game From The Coalition (Not Gears)
Potential Game Pass Announcements
  • Battlefield 6
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Ubisoft +

Last edited:

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I m happy for royal for people that didn't play it. But i hope we are getting new japanese games and not always late port gamepass.
like ys 9 for me would be better, it's just on ps4 , the pc port and switch port are for july, it could have been nice a xbox port with gamepass on same time.

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
So the rumor about Xbox buying an IP they bought Dead Space and gave it to the coalition right?
You really want that talented team to take on another established IP? I'm not opposed to it but I'd so rather see them create something first. Gears alone has shown they have some solid ideas, I think they need to create a IP so they can explore their creativity.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
It's always difficult and creatively constricting to work on an established IP that you haven't created: dealing with the fans expectations and ideas about what the IP should be, and constantly walking the line between pleasing the old fans and making something new, being careful not to break the established lore that you didn't create--it all sounds exhausting, to be honest. Unless the studio outright wanted to work on an established IP and the IP is ridiculously popular, I'd rather they all just make new IPs.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
You really want that talented team to take on another established IP? I'm not opposed to it but I'd so rather see them create something first. Gears alone has shown they have some solid ideas, I think they need to create a IP so they can explore their creativity.
Yes.

Taking one of the best technical developers who also have industry leading 3rd person gunplay and pairing it with a beloved dead IP would be awesome.

Dead Space is probably coming back as a remaster trilogy though.

Jan 4, 2018
Finally caugh up!
Is there a general thread for game suggestions? I'm in dire need of a first person story driven puzzle game, have their been any bangers this year I might've missed?
I've seen you got a few suggestions already, but you might want to take a look at Operencia (not sure if still on GP) and Bard's Tale IV
Are pc games like civ , planet coaster they type games ever going to be pc playable on Xbox we think whether through plugging in a keyboard and mouse or xcloud and kb and m? I feel I miss out on these type games massively and it's the one thing tempting me to get a pc which I hope is solved this gen.
I don't understand the question, both your examples are already on Xbox (and Stellaris, Frostpunk, Cities: Skylines, Two point hospital...)
Unless you want Xbox to start moneyhatting other games, or paying devs for "anti-exclusivity fees" to not skip Xbox, there's not much they can do. The big thing that will happen is, as Xbox gains more mindshare and closes the gap with Sony, those deals will become more and more expensive for Sony to do, which means we'll start to see less. So hopefully games like Starfield and Halo: Infinite are super popular, and Game Pass continues to grow, that should hopefully make Sony's moneyhatting strategy far less effective
The best counter I would think is making sure every moneyhat Sony does cames to GP on day 1 of the exclusivity ending, so it creates an expectation on people of "why buy it now at full price when I can play it for "free" in a few months?"
I also believe that Wolfenstein 3 (if it's being developed) will be multiplataform. It's, supposedly, the end of the saga, I don't see MachineGames and Microsoft locking it on Xbox, at least permanently.
I don't really care, but I hope it's not multi if only because if it is we'll never see the end of the "are Bethesda games still gonna come to PS?" discussion
Just think it's funny that Jim Ryan came out with the "We Believe in generations" after all the headlines bashed Xbox for saying "1st Party games will be Cross Gen for first couple years" because they knew the adoption rate for the systems.

Sony has to switch gears because of the lack of consoles in the market because of the chip shortage, its a smart business move just wish all the people who complained about Xbox would come out now and acknowledge they were right.
We'll probably never know, but to me there's no dubt it was always gonna be the case and not Sony being somewhat "forced" by circumstances
PlayStation boss not interested in making PS4 versions of PS5 games

I mean, they blatantly lied and MS were dragged over the coals for their stance. Some outlets are now trying to paint it as a "u turn" suggesting it's a new plan when in fact it was on the agenda from the get go.
Yup, pretty much
At the time I said that I thought they were both gonna do pretty much the same, the only difference being MS tells you "we'll make cross-gen games" and Sony told you "we'll make next-gen only games", but both will have bith kinds of games
Sony plays dirty af and it comes back to bite them in ass
Does it though?
I think they took the chance of firing some cheap shots at MS, knowing full well, they'll be doing the same, because they know it won't bite them in the ass.
There's complaints, of course, but a lot of peaople don't care, and for each complain you have another copment that reads like "yeah the circumstances made them do it" as if all they wanted was to do the best for their consumers and circomstances forced them to look for profit, when they were going after the profit since the beginning
Tldr; Sony don't care about the response because they know it won't amount to much and they already got their positive buzz moment
No problem, I agree with you about Steam being a bad idea. Especially when Game Pass is still in its early growth phase, as well as it currently being a loss leader.
I keep hearing that loss-leader argument and keep wondering where that came from.
As far as I know the onoy official statement we have is that GP doesn't make a profit
But not making a profit is not the same as loosing money
We also had an explanation of this. It doesn't make a profit because what would be profit is reinvested in the service to keep it growing
Has there been any official statement that I missed since then?

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I've upgraded today from a 49" LED to a 75" QLED. The 1080p Series X UI was not that noticeable on the 49" but it instantly jumps out on to the 75", it's noticeably fuzzy. I hope the Series X has a 4K UI soon, it's crazy that it doesn't.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Dead SPace coming back would be kinda funny with legally-distinct-Dead Space from the original dev also in development.

That said I could see EA going back to it since the IP still has goodwill and action horror stuff has fairly broad mass appeal.

nofriendo

Jun 4, 2019
Does it though?
I think they took the chance of firing some cheap shots at MS, knowing full well, they'll be doing the same, because they know it won't bite them in the ass.
There's complaints, of course, but a lot of peaople don't care, and for each complain you have another copment that reads like "yeah the circumstances made them do it" as if all they wanted was to do the best for their consumers and circomstances forced them to look for profit, when they were going after the profit since the beginning
Tldr; Sony don't care about the response because they know it won't amount to much and they already got their positive buzz moment

See thats the thing, the amount of positive buzz outweighs the negativity. Sony get to say shit like GoW 2021 even when there is no chance. It builds up hype for PS5 and later they confirm its delayed. Sure there were a few annoyed people but most folk were reasonable about it.

Exact same with "We believe in generations", its exactly the messaging that people wanted to hear then but had no basis in reality. MS get dumped on for saying cross gen etc then Sony can later come out and correct their messaging. Same again, some angry people but not too many.

It's actually quite good marketing :)

Jan 4, 2018
I made some additional adjustments after going through the comments and some suggestions from solis74. Some stuff added, some things moved around. As of now, I think this is a fairly accurate look at what is guaranteed, likely, and unlikely to he shown at the showcase based on everything we've been hearing from insiders for awhile now plus some current unknowns/rumors & speculation and potential Game Pass announcements:

Guaranteed
  • Halo Infinite
  • Psychonauts 2
  • Starfield
Likely
  • Project Omen
  • Project Typhoon
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Flight Simulator
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Cross Fire X
  • Age Of Empires 4
  • Stalker 2
Unlikely
  • Everwild
  • Fable
  • Avowed
  • Perfect Dark
  • Forza Motorsport
  • Hellblade 2
  • Indiana Jones
  • Gears 6
  • Project Dragon
  • State Of Decay 3
Currently Unknown/Rumored
  • Wolfenstein 3
  • The Outer Worlds 2
  • Project Mara
  • New Game From Hideo Kojima
  • New Game From Zenimax Online
  • New Game From Compulsion
  • New Game From Inxile
  • New Game From The Coalition (Not Gears)
Potential Game Pass Announcements
  • Battlefield 6
  • Persona 5 Royal
  • Ubisoft +

Imo, I think that Grounded (big update teased for late June) and Fallout 76 Steel Reign (releasing in July and already tested in the PTS on PC) are likely.

TESO's next-gen update has been delayed to June 15 so why not another trailer but I doubt it.

Age of Empires 2's Dawn of the Dukes is also planned for summer but I doubt we will see it at E3 as the game is very old.

Status
Not open for further replies.