• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Wow MS did it. I think they made the right decision for Hellblade 2 assuming they can show gameplay at TGA or something. They had a packed show, I kept thinking "wow, and we still haven't seen Halo" then "wow, and we still haven't seen Forza"

Great show.

Sep 7, 2020
More acquisitions are a matter of when, not if. So them not being at this E3 just means they weren't closed soon enough prior to recording, or just that they haven't closed yet. Plus there's still, presumably, XO21 where they could announce some this year. The fact they managed to have such a great conference despite not announcing any new acquisitions is awesome in itself. It's a great time to be an Xbox gamer
Yeah, I agree. Its a matter of when not if at this point. They are being aggressive and I would not be surprised if we hear something by the end of the year, same thing with Sony as well. Great times to be a gamer(Xbox, Sony, and Nintendo). I am SO HYPE about the future of gaming.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought the Premium Add Ons Bundle for FH5 which turns a GP version into the Ultimate Edition essentially. Can't wait.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
I'm sure they will come at some point yes, there's just to much smoke.

Yeah, right. But I gotta be honest: There are so many interesting games already announed they don't even need more studios. I mean, I take them but I don't know if it's even necessary. The Xbox release schedule is already full with fantastic games.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Wher is era settling on the show? To me they brought everything I was hoping they would. No acquisitions but man everything coming to gamepass and answering the exclusivity questions. Horizon launching this year. It was great

Fantastic show that didn't have a lot wasted time, being jam-packed with trailer after trailer. There were tons of games I'm looking forward to - Starfield, Outer Worlds 2, Stalker 2 and Redfall being highlights - and almost all of them landing on Game Pass day one.

9/10.

It would probably have taken a few acquisitions or demos of games like Fable, Perfect Dark and Avowed to push the score higher.

Last edited:

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Stalker 2 is showing as having a 180GB size. WTF?!
Flight Simulator: 110GB. Forza Horizon 5: 96GB. ???
Back 4 Blood: 72GB. Shouldn't games get their sizes decreased because of the SSD?

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Grubb just said on his GamesBeat podcast that Crossfire X is in development hell

Kinda not surprised. Remedy is probably trying to do some weird Remefy-style shit with a game that looks like a CoD clone. Could be leading to some head-bumping.

Though, you'd think if you were gonna hire Remedy for a game you would have an idea of what they make

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
Welcome to current gen? Or even last gen.

Gears 5 and Halo 5 were 100gig each or more. ARK is currently like 120gigs etc

Gears 5 is only 33.4GB without multiplayer.
Isn't 180GB a little weird? How are they gonna package it on discs? Reminded me of this:

mgs4xbox.jpg

NuFrontier

Apr 19, 2020
Color me entirely impressed by the Xbox/Bethesda Showcase! I can honestly say that while watching, my attention was always there, just waiting for something big to pop up and BOOM we get Halo Infinite Multiplayer, Forza Horizon 5 looking HELLA SWEET, Stalker 2, among others!

I'm even more compelled to grab a series X to place next to my PC, just for the balance haha.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Yeah, right. But I gotta be honest: There are so many interesting games already announed they don't even need more studios. I mean, I take them but I don't know if it's even necessary. The Xbox release schedule is already full with fantastic games.

They need more for GP to feed a constant stream of quality and diverse games coming to the service.

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017

because there needs to be more, from the perspective of a gaming subscription service

the less lulls they have, the better their retention and the higher the social media pressure (aka word of mouth encouragement) which further drives up subscribers.

That's why they need more studios. It's not the quality of the individual game, it's the quality and variety of the whole in terms of consistency.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
i mean there's the extended showcase in a few days, gamescom, tgs, game awards, potentially X021. lots of opportunities for more detailed showcases of games, acquisitions etc.

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
Need someone to make an updated game pass calendar because E3 one is missing games like Cris Tales.
This is what I've been keeping track, 78 games announced.

• Jun/21 - Dungeons & Dragons Dark Alliance (22)
  • Jul/21 - Cris Tales (20), Microsoft Flight Simulator (27, console), The Ascent (29)
  • Aug/21 - 12 minutes (19), Hades (13), Lemnis Gate (3), Psychonauts 2 (25), Skatebird (12)
  • Sep/21 - Aragami 2 (17), Sable (23)
  • Oct/21 - Age of Empires IV (28, PC), Back 4 Blood (12)
  • Nov/21 - Forza Horizon 5 (9)
  • Dec/21 - Shredders
  • 2021 - Among Us, Anvil: Vault Breaker, Art of Rally, Astria Ascending, Backbone (console), Dead Static Drive, ExoMecha (DLC/extra content), Gang Beasts, Halo Infinite (holiday), Hello Neighbor 2, Moonglow Bay, Nobody Saves the World, Omno, Scorn (fall), She Dreams Elsewhere, The Anacrusis (fall), The Riftbreaker, The Good Life, The Gunk, Undungeon, Victoria 3 (PC), Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
  • Apr/22 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (28)
  • Nov/22 - Starfield (11)
  • 2022 - A Plague Tale: Requiem, Deathloop, Eiyuden Chronicles: Rising, Ghostwire Tokyo, Party Animals, Redfall (summer), Replaced, Slime Rancher 2, Somerville
  • 2023 - Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes
  • TBA/TBD - As Dusk Falls, Atomic Heart, Avowed, Boyfriend Dungeon, Contraband, Craftopia, Edge of Eternity, Everwild, Fable, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Forza Motorsport, Library of Ruina, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Little Witch in the Woods, Perfect Dark, Phoenix Point (console), Project GR, Project Mara, Recompile, Senua's Saga: Hellblade II, State of Decay 3, The Elder Scrolls VI, The Legend of Wright, The Outer Worlds 2, The Red Lantern, Totem Teller, Vapor World: Over the Mind, Way to the Woods

Last edited:

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Man that Xbox presser gave me OG Xbox vibes. The games shown show an overall theme of what Xbox is about that I haven't seen in a long time.

Once most of these titles get further in development Xbox will be extremely healthy and unique as a platform.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Color me entirely impressed by the Xbox/Bethesda Showcase! I can honestly say that while watching, my attention was always there, just waiting for something big to pop up and BOOM we get Halo Infinite Multiplayer, Forza Horizon 5 looking HELLA SWEET, Stalker 2, among others!

I'm even more compelled to grab a series X to place next to my PC, just for the balance haha.

jump in :)

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Something interesting to note about the conference is they actually showed 30 games, there was no ID@Xbox indie montage, they actually showed full trailers for every indie they showed, which is the first time Xbox has ever done that.

Oct 29, 2017
Ehh that's relative to gaming tastes. As someone who likes action games I saw nothing at today's Xbox show that looked appealing. Just saw a bunch of RPGs and shooters with Battlefield and Halo being the standouts.

There is alot of overlap in the genres that Xbox Game Studios target and unfortunately non of these studios are doing games I want to play. No KI, no action games, no Japanese games.

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
Man that was a show. MS really feel like they have a clear direction for the first time.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
This is what I've been keeping track, 78 games announced.

• Jun/21 - Dungeons & Dragons Dark Alliance (22)
  • Jul/21 - Cris Tales (20), Microsoft Flight Simulator (27, console), The Ascent (29)
  • Aug/21 - 12 minutes (19), Hades (13), Psychonauts 2 (25), Skatebird (12)
  • Sep/21 - Aragami 2 (17), Sable (23)
  • Oct/21 - Age of Empires IV (28, PC), Back 4 Blood (12)
  • Nov/21 - Forza Horizon 5 (9)
  • Dec/21 - Shredders
  • 2021 - Among Us, Anvil: Vault Breaker, Art of Rally, Astria Ascending, Backbone (console), Dead Static Drive, ExoMecha (DLC/extra content), Gang Beasts, Halo Infinite (holiday), Hello Neighbor 2, Lemnis Gate (summer), Moonglow Bay, Nobody Saves the World, Omno, Scorn (fall), She Dreams Elsewhere, The Anacrusis (fall), The Riftbreaker, The Good Life, The Gunk, Undungeon, Victoria 3 (PC), Warhammer 40,000: Darktide
  • Apr/22 - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 (28)
  • Nov/22 - Starfield (11)
  • 2022 - A Plague Tale: Requiem, Deathloop, Eiyuden Chronicles: Rising, Ghostwire Tokyo, Party Animals, Redfall (summer), Replaced, Slime Rancher 2, Somerville
  • 2023 - Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes
  • TBA/TBD - As Dusk Falls, Atomic Heart, Avowed, Boyfriend Dungeon, Contraband, Craftopia, Edge of Eternity, Everwild, Fable, Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Forza Motorsport, Library of Ruina, Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII, Little Witch in the Woods, Perfect Dark. Phoenix Point (console), Project GR, Project Mara, Recompile, Senua's Saga: Hellblade II, State of Decay 3, The Elder Scrolls VI, The Legend of Wright, The Outer Worlds 2, The Red Lantern, Totem Teller, Vapor World: Over the Mind, Way to the Woods

awesome thanks

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
On some positive news, Marvelous is back on xbox with rune factory and story of seasons.

They didn't release anything during the xbox one era, but used to during x360.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda surprised MS didn't want to make a bigger deal of getting Rune Factory and Story of Seasons on Xbox finally. Hopefully they eventually start see those franchises day & date.

Bito

Jan 30, 2019
Absolutely crazy to me they pulled off an amazing show and didn't show Perfect Dark, SOD3, Fable, Forza Motorsport, Indiana Jones, Wolfestein 3, Hellblade 2, TES6, Avowed or IOI rumored game. The wealth of IP they have is insane.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Fantastic show that didn't have a lot wasted time, being jam-packed with trailer after trailer. There were tons of games I'm looking forward to - Starlight, Outer Worlds 2, Stalker 2 and Redfall being highlights - and almost all of them landing on Game Pass day one.

9/10.

It would probably have taken a few acquisitions or demos of games like Fable, Perfect Dark and Avowed to push the score higher.

any acquisitions would have been 11\10 for lol

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The acquisitions are probably coming soonish, but I definitely thought we'd hear of one or two today with all the talk from literally every insider this past week.

hopefully we've learned to ignore some of these "insiders"

(I don't give them credit for simultaneously claiming something will and won't happen)

Last edited:

NuFrontier

Apr 19, 2020

Can we talk about how BEAUTIFUL shredders looks?! It's about time we see a polished snowboarding game back on the Xbox! Amped was dope and Shredders is just SAWEEEET!

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
just watched the Forza Horizon 5 feed in 4K, Jesus Christ. This is the first game that is on par with the unreal engine 5 demo, the best real game graphics I've ever ever seen. This game alone makes the conference as it shows the potential Series X has visually going forward.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
I thought the Outer Worlds 2 trailer was mildly amusing but some of the reactions to it make it incredibly funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.