• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
Jeff basically said 2023 is the year of MS. 2021 and 2022 will be sorta tame in terms of their big AAA games.
Internal XGS teams need time which is why I was hoping Global Pub would have some stuff lined up. Hopefully the games that come out these next two years are great even if its not as many as people have hoped.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Could have sworn he said that the typhoon symbol was not for Avalanche which Jez has said the symbol has nothing to do the game nor studio.

rewatching now he seemed to be thinking of way to evade the question. 1:04:59 on XNC not sure if I can post the video content here.
Yeah, he makes it sound like Avalanche is working with MS but the Typhoon project isn't theirs.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Internal XGS teams need time which is why I was hoping Global Pub would have some stuff lined up. Hopefully the games that come out these next two years are great even if its not as many as people have hoped.
Ori 2 and Flight Simulator are Global Pub, right? Those were the two best games Xbox released last year, so they seem to be pulling their weight.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Quick someone check Satya's shelves for clues /s (am watching build)

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2020
I agree, I think the XGP team and Gamepass needs to be aggressive while the first-party stuff cooks. However, I think that many of the bigger games may not arrive until 2023 now and thats just the reality of it all.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree, I think the XGP team and Gamepass needs to be aggressive while the first-party stuff cooks. However, I think that many of the bigger games may not arrive until 2023 now and thats just the reality of it all.
Gamepass has been aggressive with Day One launches of MLB The Show 21, Outriders, and Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance. I'd expect it to continue.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Here's a hot take, I think Halo needs to have its own event just before E3. ala a BF or when COD is revealed usually a bit before E3. We've seen a Halo starting/ending Xbox's E3 and puts additional pressure on them to deliver. Instead have an event.

Why?

1. Halo gets ALL the spotlight
2. 343i can take their time with MP reveal with a 30 minute presentation introducing a few maps, few new weapons, armors, features and forge. Whereas in a joint xbox e3 show, Halo cannot really dive deep taking 20-30 minutes.
3. Bring in Ninja, Dr.Disrespect, Snipdown,Shroud etc. and premier Halo players/youtubers to create additional hype playing MP.
4. Introduce Halo eSports and show their commitment.
5. Get the hype flowing into E3.
6. Gives the chance to reveal maybe around 5-7 minutes of Campaign at E3 instead of 8-10 minutes.
7. Show a teaser for the Halo Showtime TV Series.
8. Tease a small 30 second Campaign clip.
9. Announce Halo 5 coming to MCC ( longshot)

What do you guys think?
I kind of agree. IMO, there's a pretty big chance Halo will be overshadowed by Starfield at this E3 if they actually show Starfield's gameplay, and Starfield will likely get all the headlines as a new big IP from the makers of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout which is also likely to be a XSX/PC exclusive. The exclusivity alone would be huge news, because there are lots of people who STILL don't believe that Bethesda's games won't be on PS5. It's obviously a good thing from Xbox's point of view, but for Halo, not so much. So Halo would benefit from its own "State of Play" kind of thing.

Mr Eric

Oct 28, 2017
Something found in the just released patch notes for FS2020 :

- Creation of an Xbox X|S dedicated page in the documentation, which gathers the latest info & best practices to port content on Xbox.
-A page with samples to illustrate model optimization has been added specifically for the Xbox, although the samples shown are relevant to everyone creating add-ons.

Looks like we will have some news soon. Looks also that Xbox One is not a part of the plan anymore...

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not going say anything till after E3 but I remember I told y'all Early 2021 will be a drought and y'all said no. Dint be surprised if 2022 is that same

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
I need to say that I'm a little bit confused with Jeff's statement that Avowed will not be ready for E3 as the info that I have is that "we'll have a trailer for our big game at E3" and "Avowed will be shown this year" and "game is in great shape, almost fully on schedule".

I didn't post it a week ago as you know how things can go crazy if you post anything.

Also, don't wanna speculate anything, as I know that Jeff has great record - it could be related to planning but game is in good shape and it will be shown this year. From the conversation I was convinced that it would be a gameplay trailer for E3. Now I'm pretty much confused.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018
Anytime Sony announces something yall go into full meltdown over here, everybody relax lol Xbox is doing fine

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I need to say that I'm a little bit confused with Jeff's statement that Avowed will not be ready for E3 as the info that I have is that "we'll have a trailer for our big game at E3" and "Avowed will be shown this year" and "game is in great shape, almost fully on schedule".

I didn't post it a week ago as you know how things can go crazy if you post anything.

Also, don't wanna speculate anything, as I know that Jeff has great record - it could be related to planning but game is in good shape and it will be shown this year. From the conversation I was convinced that it would be a gameplay trailer for E3. Now I'm pretty much confused.

👀👀

The Game is in full prod since +1 year now, I think we can get Gameplay Trailer.

+ if "game is in great shape, almost fully on schedule" it's true, that mean the game could be Ready for 2022 isn't it ? 👀

Oct 28, 2017

Interesting, thanks for the info. We have to wait and see.

Neural

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I'm not going say anything till after E3 but I remember I told y'all Early 2021 will be a drought and y'all said no. Dint be surprised if 2022 is that same
A drought in what regard? First parties? Probably, but there won't definitely be a shortage of games to play on Xbox, thanks to Games Pass. So I wouldn't call it a drought at all. It isn't even now.

Sep 7, 2020
That and I think 2022 is when you'll get the next big studio acquisition announcement. I know it's been talked about for a while but there's obviously stuff in the works. Rand and Jez have commented as much dating months back. I'm not sure what is or isn't imminent, but I'd think 2022 would be the year they either announce another Zenimax type acquisition, or they roll out a wave of studios.
Honestly, I think it will depend on how 2021 ends. I do think they are always being aggressive with acquisitions but I don't know if another big studio/publisher is 1. looking to be bought like Betheseda was or 2. Fits the needs of what MS wants to do. I think WB would be great for them or Sony given the uncertainty regarding the merger and I don't want the devs to be shuttered but the IP ownership rights or publishing rights would need to be included to really get the most out of those acquisitions.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018

Didn't Jeff say he "thinks" Avowed wouldn't be there? Wish he'd be more clearer when he talks about this stuff.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018

I want you to be right.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018

Maybe it'll be shown at the game awards or some other show this year. MS have said they want to spread out their announcements etc.

Oct 25, 2017

Is Chris Parker still directing it?

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I think Avowed is lot closer than people think.

The outsourcing beginning Early 2020 and the team was already here (POE2 veteran with few new talent according to Megan Starks) + The universe is already here.

Game like Fable, Perfect Dark, Everwild need to build their team from near scratch

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

thanks for posting

sponger

Dec 7, 2018
👀👀

The Game is in full prod since +1 year now, I think we can get Gameplay Trailer.

+ if "game is in great shape, almost fully on schedule" it's true, that mean the game could be Ready for 2022 isn't it ? 👀

That's in line with late 2022/early 2023 target.

Is Chris Parker still directing it?

He was the only director since beginning - now is co-directing, as team is now structured in same manner as TOW2 team. It's not like there was any major roadblocks with him, it's only to ensure better coordination within the team. Will the team have more changes to the core team up to the release? We'll see.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018

May be they decided to have it at a later show. Xbox is also supposed to be at the summer gamefest show may be they decided to put it there.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

will be interesting to see just what gets shown??

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Yeah, Grubb implied that 2022 is going to be the banger E3. This year they won't show a second trailer for games already announced with a CG trailer when actual gameplay isn't ready to be shown. That probably eliminates most of the big stuff announced last year.

I'm still hyped for it though... I am expecting a few new announcements, Halo deep dive, surprise game pass announcements, and hopefully an in-engine Starfield trailer (not expecting a Todd demo til next year).

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I'd trust Grubb about no Avowed at E3. He's rarely wrong about Microsoft stuff. Avowed is unlikely to release sooner than 2023, so a gameplay trailer 2 years earlier makes no sense and another cgi trailer makes even less sense.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
If Horizon 5 is being revealed as rumors are pointing to there is 0 chance Forza Motorsport is going to be there. Even if Horizon 5 doesn't show up, FM looks to be super early in development and will not be ready to show anything based on last year's reveal.

Turn 10 was efficient before. Apparently their new tools allows them to work even faster. I'm counting on forza releasing content incomplete rather than waiting to get 500 cars and 30 tracks for launch. I think Microsoft will have a racing title to show off...and I'd rather have motorsport.

I swear this board paints a picture that every game is years away from even being shown...yet alone released.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
I'm hyped to be honest - even just seeing how Halo looks a year later is gonna be exciting. Add Starfield and at least one out of the other already announced games and I'll be happy

Parcas

Dec 12, 2017
Xbox will be fine. Xbox is not doing fine. Its a pretty sad state of affairs when you see Sony's 1st party releases in 20/21 vs Xbox.

I do start to feel like this is not so far from how I feel, I know there is some bright future down the line but the new stuff coming and unique experiences now in Xbox are totally lacking and there is nothing wrong with being vocal.

Microsoft has a great plan for a future that will eventually arrive but things really went south towards what will be at the end of the first year of the machine.

Gamepass is still amazing and wonderful but at the end of the day playing all games all day is not the next gen experience.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I'm hyped to be honest - even just seeing how Halo looks a year later is gonna be exciting. Add Starfield and at least one out of the other already announced games and I'll be happy
Yea from everything we're hearing it sounds like it's going to be a great show. I'm really excited to see what this Typhoon game is lol.

Fabtacular

Jul 11, 2019
My guess is that if FH5 is at E3 and releasing this year it's cross-gen and likely an outsourced title that's little more than a warmed-over refresh of FH4.

Would explain a lot about that game, including why we didn't see it in last-summer's showcase and why we're not getting a showstopper location.

Just my speculation / opinion.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
FH5 won't be in September...

Because it'll be in October to launch with a dia de Los muertos event shortly after

WarReadyVet

Jun 15, 2020
I do start to feel like this is not so far from how I feel, I know there is some bright future down the line but the new stuff coming and unique experiences now in Xbox are totally lacking and there is nothing wrong with being vocal.

Microsoft has a great plan for a future that will eventually arrive but things really went south towards what will be at the end of the first year of the machine.

Gamepass is still amazing and wonderful but at the end of the day playing all games all day is not the next gen experience.

I think this serves to highlight the importance of the Zenimax deal. What if you thought about the next few years for XBox and took away Starfield. Took away Wolfenstein. Took away the next Doom. That is often touted as their ace in the hole, but I think they needed it to stay afloat.

Last edited:

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
My guess is that if FH5 is at E3 and releasing this year it's cross-gen and likely an outsourced title that's little more than a warmed-over refresh of FH4.

Would explain a lot about that game, including why we didn't see it in last-summer's showcase and why we're not getting a showstopper location.

Just my speculation / opinion.
It's almost certainly going to be cross-gen. If FH5 is just FH4 but in Mexico id be very excited. I have no interest in driving around the UK, but Mexico is a gorgeous location.

Status
Not open for further replies.