• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Weird. The biggest issue I had with Gears 5 was that when I returned from Quick Resume the game wouldn't respond to my inputs. Maybe a new update broke the game?

When did the latest patch arrive?

We started the game last week so that's my only experience from the campaign, I did play some online multiplayer early this year and experienced no issues at the time at least

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
The creative director of Prey (Raphael Calantonio) is no longer at Arkane. His next game is Weird West, look it up!

Deathloop's peak player count is even lower than Prey's and Dishonored 2's. :| The game would have certainly benefited from the buzz created by the game ass userbase.

I am aware, though the bulk of the team is the same and Harvy and Raphael are very similar when it comes to their design goals

Id argue that the reason deathloops peak playercount is so low is because the pc version runs like shit for most people.

Ya I could see this. Does not run the smoothest

The Void Engine strikes again? At least Tango appears to have ditched the STEM Engine. Both Void and STEM have produced some beautiful graphics and environments, but every game using them has had performance issues on PC.

Shame that Void/STEM were based off IdTech 5 and not the vastly superior IdTech 6 and 7 engines.

Its mainly cause the game is using Denuvo much like Prey did. Both games have and had fps/stutter issues and once it was patched out of Prey, the issue was fixed.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
This video alone has me excited to finally own a Series X on Friday! I know people hype up Game Pass quite a bit but good lord, all of this in the middle of September?

Congrats man! Hope you enjoy it!

It's the best service to save us money in these hard times, and for grabbing games like Tales of Arise that takes long to come to game pass or get discounted etc.

Elano

Banned
Aug 4, 2021
I don't know how you can watch this and not get crazy excited about Redfall. Different genre and all that but Arkane Austin is so talented I'm stoked about what they'll be able to put together.

don't care, didn't ask when is arkane's next deus ex/prey/dishonored/system shock/thief/insert immersive sim here.
(i know arkane didn't make most those games)

/s

Mar 6, 2021
Saint Louis
Fake
5_qKkrSFC0g.png

https://mythicgames.net/product/solomon-kane-the-artbook/
unknown.png

unknown.png
ya, def did not really feel PoE, the dragon specifically looks nothing like a PoE dragon. Dragons in PoE have a separation between their wings and arms and actually stand upright on 2 legs. They are cool designs but def is not avowed.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
When did the latest patch arrive?

We started the game last week so that's my only experience from the campaign, I did play some online multiplayer early this year and experienced no issues at the time at least

Recently I guess? The thumbnail changed for Operation 8 or something. I beat the campaign and uninstalled it at december/january hehe.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
oxide-landscape.jpg

Not sure if this matters, but at Klobrille's link for Oxide games, it seems they've updated the page (I guess) to have this colored version of that image. Looks pretty cool.

To be fair, I think people have focused on AMD, but TensorFlow-DirectML just came out of preview, and MS worked with Intel and Nvidia too (which actually use Tensor cores in more hardware, I think). I wouldn't expect any gaming applications right away, but it's still very cool. And it might move us toward some level of standardization. We can hope.

dofolih

Banned
Aug 22, 2021
User Banned (permanent): Troll account, inappropriate use of pronoun options
Nov 2, 2019
Holy shit. I don't know HOW I missed that Evil Genius 2 is coming to consoles AND Game Pass on day 1?!?!

It's crazy. Tropico, Planet Coaster/RCT2, Evil Genius, and Two Point Hospital/Theme Hospital are my absolute favorite sim franchises and ALL of them have been/will be on Game Pass.

Also, I've never played Prey and when it was announced as an FPS boosted game I knew I had to save it for Halloween time. I played about 5 hours yesterday and am just blown away. MS really, REALLY found a gem in acquiring Arkane.

It's legitimately hard to figure out which Xbox Game Studios/Bethesda is the most talented. Playground/Arkane/Rare/iD/Obsidian/Double Fine/BGS/Coalition and there's studios like Compulsion/Undead Labs/Roundhouse/Alpha Dogs/Inititiave where we've not seen what their capable of post acquisition.

Many good days ahead for Xbox owners, Game Pass subs, and wallets everywhere.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
So I've been busy for the past few days and most observations about the leaked NVidia database have already been made, but I thought I would point out a few that I haven't really seen listed:

- Project Oxide/Project Indus both have Oxide listed as the game developer, so there's no real doubt that yeah, they are developing the Project Indus that Jez talked about.

- There are two seasons listed for As Dusk Falls, which I don't think has been publicly stated. I don't know if this is more of a DontNod style episodic release schedule or what, but I thought it was interesting that there was a Season 2 listing as it's own thing.

- There is a listing for "Microsoft Allegiance" in there, which for those who don't know was a space RTS game developed by Microsoft Research in 2000 (Wikipedia) and while it did get a community lead Steam release in 2017, I'm not really sure that's reason enough for it to be in this database. Could be just the Steam release but it could also be related to a potential reboot of the game. After XGS's recent revivals of Age of Empires and Flight Simulator, it's obvious that they're interested in their legacy PC IP for reboots, so I can definitely see Allegiance being part of that.

Honestly Xbox's stuff was pretty run of the mill, but a few things about Bethesda's leaks were interesting:

- Omen actually was (well, presumably) Redfall's codename. Whoever leaked that was legitimate and worthwhile. It was relatively easy to guess vampires, but Omen was correct.

- While codenames aren't often public so it could be nothing, it's worth noting that Machine Games has two projects listed: Platinum (which is claimed to be Indiana Jones on the document) and Relic. No idea what Relic is and there's no guarantee it isn't just Wolfenstein Youngblood/Cyberpilot/2 but I felt it was worth mentioning because I found it interesting.

- Zenimax Online has two unknown listings visible: Kestral and ZOE (and ZOE - Engine.) Kestral definitely sounds Sci-Fi, and I think ZOE is probably the name of the engine being used for ESO.

- Both Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 have listings in this leak. While this could be absolutely nothing, to me it implies that there is likely some level of work happening on TES 6 as of this database and will probably release relatively quickly after Starfield. I'm team 2025 for TES 6 damn it.

Nov 8, 2017
While codenames aren't often public so it could be nothing, it's worth noting that Machine Games has two projects listed: Platinum (which is claimed to be Indiana Jones on the document) and Relic. No idea what Relic is and there's no guarantee it isn't just Wolfenstein Youngblood/Cyberpilot/2 but I felt it was worth mentioning because I found it interesting.

I will be assuming that's the imminent wolfenstein 3 and will not be taking any questions at this time. Don't try to disabuse me of my lovely delusions pls.

Sep 8, 2019
There's also Arkane Austin and Project Blacksky which sounds familiar.
Hibiki must be Tango's second game right?
Starfield - Genesis
TESVI - Guardian

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
So I've been busy for the past few days and most observations about the leaked NVidia database have already been made, but I thought I would point out a few that I haven't really seen listed:

- Project Oxide/Project Indus both have Oxide listed as the game developer, so there's no real doubt that yeah, they are developing the Project Indus that Jez talked about.

- There are two seasons listed for As Dusk Falls, which I don't think has been publicly stated. I don't know if this is more of a DontNod style episodic release schedule or what, but I thought it was interesting that there was a Season 2 listing as it's own thing.

- There is a listing for "Microsoft Allegiance" in there, which for those who don't know was a space RTS game developed by Microsoft Research in 2000 (Wikipedia) and while it did get a community lead Steam release in 2017, I'm not really sure that's reason enough for it to be in this database. Could be just the Steam release but it could also be related to a potential reboot of the game. After XGS's recent revivals of Age of Empires and Flight Simulator, it's obvious that they're interested in their legacy PC IP for reboots, so I can definitely see Allegiance being part of that.

Honestly Xbox's stuff was pretty run of the mill, but a few things about Bethesda's leaks were interesting:

- Omen actually was (well, presumably) Redfall's codename. Whoever leaked that was legitimate and worthwhile. It was relatively easy to guess vampires, but Omen was correct.

- While codenames aren't often public so it could be nothing, it's worth noting that Machine Games has two projects listed: Platinum (which is claimed to be Indiana Jones on the document) and Relic. No idea what Relic is and there's no guarantee it isn't just Wolfenstein Youngblood/Cyberpilot/2 but I felt it was worth mentioning because I found it interesting.

- Zenimax Online has two unknown listings visible: Kestral and ZOE (and ZOE - Engine.) Kestral definitely sounds Sci-Fi, and I think ZOE is probably the name of the engine being used for ESO.

- Both Starfield and Elder Scrolls 6 have listings in this leak. While this could be absolutely nothing, to me it implies that there is likely some level of work happening on TES 6 as of this database and will probably release relatively quickly after Starfield. I'm team 2025 for TES 6 damn it.

Great post. My only issue is why do you think Kestral sounds sci-fi? A kestral is a type of falcon, I'm picturing more medival/fantasy setting based on the codename.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Yea, in the opening shot of the reveal trailer, I laughed a bit because the book that Layla is reading has Omen right there.

image.png

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I'm gonna guess ZOE is Zenimax Online Engine maybe? Probably a new in house engine for their next project. That'd be neat.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Great post. My only issue is why do you think Kestral sounds sci-fi? A kestral is a type of falcon, I'm picturing more medival/fantasy setting based on the codename.
Falcon=flying. Kestrel is sometimes a nickname used for spaceships/fight planes. I remember Faster Than Light having a Kestrel base ship.
Besides, we know ZOS's next MMO isn't medieval: they advertised for a vehicle designer and mentioned NPC- and player-controlled vehicles. So I think the theory that ZOS might be developing a MMO in Starfield's universe just like they developed a MMO in TES's universe might be correct.
Maybe something like what Star Citizen promised to be?

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017
Why wouldn't Hibiki be Ghostwire?

Don't know but I think since Tango is working on multiple games and Ghostwire is listed there I think it's the other one.

Many games have multiple listings, it's not implausible that Hibiki was indeed Ghostwire's codename. Without a comment from somebody in the know we couldn't really make an assumption there about it being Ghostwire or a separate project.

The word "Hibiki" can contextually mean "sound", "reveberation", "echo" or "noise", which I think thematically does fit well with the idea of it being Ghostwire. It's reminiscent to me of the Japanese film Pulse in the fusion of supernatural ghost stuff with technology.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Gears Triple Pack (5, Tactics and Hivebusters) is a steal on Xbox Game Deals. I like owning GP games when they go for sales.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Last we heard was a credible estimate of around 6.5 million I believe. Given that the number for PS5 at that point was 10 million it looks like really solid growth for Xbox - but yeah, wish we got more recent numbers to see how it's going as supply begins to catch up.
And I think we've been hearing that supply has gone back down severely the last two months after the supply spike after E3. And if PS5 isn't just going at full capacity, it makes sense that they might have increased production around their big show. Big ol shrug.

It was in that I didn't want to outright say "Hey it's Battlefield, right?"

Somehow this offended people
HOW DARE YOU!!

To be fair, a solid, strong winky face would have been a good all around addition there, I think.

😘

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Shite take of the week:

Instead of chasing Marvel, MS should let Rare develop Disney games. Kingdom Hearts without Nomura cheese?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.
The less overlapping the better for both testing.
Yeah. More people to test always better.
Also way Halo is doing these pre testing of MP is so refreshing always. I mean we are used to flighting these days. But compared to the other "betas" of games.
Halo is atleast tested properly and has affect on launch

P40L0

Jun 12, 2018
Italy
Yeah. More people to test always better.
Also way Halo is doing these pre testing of MP is so refreshing always. I mean we are used to flighting these days. But compared to the other "betas" of games.
Halo is atleast tested properly and has affect on launch
Absolutely, a lot of player feedback for Infinite got addressed even from flight to flight, while other will be addressed on launch and some after.
It took years, but 343i actually put in place a very transparent and efficient testing process and a true constant conversation with its players, which is great.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Has the Backbone One never been officially released outside the US? I keep searching for it on amazon and other places but can never find it. There's a listing for it on the German Microsoft Store, but it just gives me an "estimated price" and no option to purchase the controller.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Has the Backbone One never been officially released outside the US? I keep searching for it on amazon and other places but can never find it. There's a listing for it on the Microsoft Store, but it just gives me an "estimated price" and no option to purchase the controller.
Is that the razer one? I see a razer on the Telstra store might be a kishi though

Status
Not open for further replies.