• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Just to reiterate: "I have no idea whether the game will be shown off today, but it went through a major leadership change last year and has been rebooted multiple times."

As for why there might be conflicting information, remember how all the other 'Xbox insiders' were confident that Starfield was coming out in late 2021? When you get your information from people who work on the PR, marketing, or publishing side at Microsoft, it's going through different filters than when you get your information from people who are directly working on the game.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
If they announce a bunch of CGI trailers with no release date today I'm going to just go back to play Weird West on Game Pass lol

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Interesting. So many people have said they have seen gameplay of it and said it look great. Many claim a trailer was supposed to be shown last year I guess they were wrong
What they might have seen could be an early vertical slice of the game, and if the game has been rebooted several times already and changed leadership, that demo may not even be relevant anymore.

Looks like a 2024 game now at the earliest, but I don't mind the wait. 2023 looks stacked already as it is. If Obsidian is giving us Pentiment and Grounded in the meantime, that's good enough.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Just to reiterate: "I have no idea whether the game will be shown off today, but it went through a major leadership change last year and has been rebooted multiple times."

As for why there might be conflicting information, remember how all the other 'Xbox insiders' were confident that Starfield was coming out in late 2021? When you get your information from people who work on the PR, marketing, or publishing side at Microsoft, it's going through different filters than when you get your information from people who are directly working on the game.
Thanks for the insight, Jason. It's good having some reliability since Xbox leakers have been a bit spotty lately.

scatterbrain

Apr 29, 2022

Is Carrie Patel still directing?

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Information
Ok, so since I apparently have no respect for myself or my limited free time, I went back and spoilered everything.

So from this point on, if you're discussing the contents of Jason's tweet, please spoiler your posts.

Thanks.

(also I highly appreciate Jason clarifying without actually naming the game in any of his posts 😅 )

May 27, 2021

When did the last reboot happen? Was it when Patel became director?

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019

I don't know what we will see in this showcase but I'm ready to be surprised.

First times we don't know at least 60% what will be in the showcase in terms of FP content

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
I feel like josh sawyer wears the big boy pants at obsidian and anything he doesn't lead has problems. (like the outer worlds which imo isn't a very good game)

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Halfway to a new OT before the conference, lawd have mercy.

Also I've successfully avoided all spoilers except the impossible ones. 🪕

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil

Yeah, I trust more on your word than most of "insiders" who gets more things wrong than right.
If they don't show Avowed today I just get curious to know what really happened to a game that supposedly started development back in 2018, announced in 2020 to not be ready to show gameplay.

I know that games goes through different iterations until they hit

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Bethesda carrying like
TVVHoLo.png

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019

We know at least since June 2021 that the game go in "Content completion" phase, so basically full prod ? The leadership change happens end 2020/Jan 2021 (Carrie pattel & New Art Director), Jez, klo and others see gameplay from March 2021.

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017

Have you heard anything about Fable?

I don't know if any reboots have happened since then, but yeah there was a big reboot at the end of 2020/beginning of 2021 when a bunch of the directors moved/were replaced.
Well Jez Corden got footage last year after the reboot and things seem smooth sailing since then. And "Reboot" development doesn't ofc mean "lol let's scrap EVERYTHING and start anew including art assets" which is dumb.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020

i appreciate your input, jason. thank you for posting.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
By the way, Chris Avellone ended up being right, after all. He said months ago that Avowed has been losing many important devs in leadership positions, but people didn't want to believe him, saying that he was just bitter.

MrTomato

Jan 20, 2022
Well Jez Corden got footage last year after the reboot and things seem smooth sailing since then. And "Reboot" development doesn't ofc mean "lol let's scrap EVERYTHING and start anew including art assets" which is dumb.
Seeing some footage of a game that "seems smooth" is not really trustworthy either. I've seen plenty of demos that seemed great, but then had issues and took longer than expected.
Not saying that this is the case here, but I would not take someone's impressions as gospel

May 27, 2021
By the way, Chris Avellone ended up being right, after all. He said months ago that Avowed has been losing many important devs in leadership positions, but people didn't want to believe him, saying that he was just bitter.

A. We saw some shuffling around on Linkedin so that wasn't hard to ascertain B. Avellone is incredibly bitter about anything related to Obsidian though and C. Fuck that sexual assaulting piece of human wastage

Status
Not open for further replies.