• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

teemoisfun

Mar 19, 2021
Brazil
It's been too long and I'm ready for it. 🐻 🐦 🧩

tenor.gif
Banjo-Kazooie, but BotW? /s

Last edited:

ZombieC

Alt Account
May 24, 2022
So now instead of looking at phil's shelf we will look at his achievement story for clues???

Icky Thump

Oct 30, 2017
Information
As we draw closer to the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase, taking our seats on the hype ship isn't the only thing we have to look forward to. A generous thread regular reached out to me, intending to do a giveaway in the week leading up to the Showcase. They wish to remain anonymous, and just want to do something cool for the community, so between June 5th and June 11th, you can look forward to a giveaway every day, with the prizes starting small and ramping up.

As I say, the giver wishes to remain anonymous, but they are a regular in this thread and will surely read all your replies, so be sure to offer a thanks for them doing something cool for our community in the run-up to the Showcase!

This is awesome. Best thread ever.

Amazing how all the people who do nothing but talk about games seem to know so little about them. I quit listening to basically all of them because the constant awful takes and misinformation from people who should know better was just frustrating me

*michael scott bangs hand on table thank you gif* Honestly this is why I quit most podcasts too. Era FTW. I liked the bombcast but after the band broke up I can't get excited about any of it.

wow 343 is quite large and still a disappointment
Positive vibes.

It makes no sense 😭

How do you nail everything and just flop on content and live service.
POSITIVE VIBES!

Thought I bought my ticket, Titania must have found a problem with my paperwork to leave the planet. Resubmitting. Great job with Figments at the bottom BTW - holding us all together! Appreciate the hard work!

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't pay 343 any mind lol. I be watching y'all on the sidelines . Played infinite for two matches and was like yup halo ain't for me still

Frieza

Oct 25, 2017
Just the fact I will spend hours & hours to just create my character 🥶🔥 The fact that there will be different races 🥶 The fact that there will have different Class and hopefully the double class system of POE2 🥶 the fact that there will have Background system 🥶

The fact that Combat system will be unique with these sign & High quality Animation system 🥶

3712036-avowed.jpg

The itemization, economy & crafting of Fantasy setting 🥶🔥 The Unique Art style of Eora 🥶🔥 Not that classic fantasy art style 🥶🔥
Avowed will be special without a doubt.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Just the fact I will spend hours & hours to just create my character 🥶🔥 The fact that there will be different races 🥶 The fact that there will have different Class and hopefully the double class system of POE2 🥶 the fact that there will have Background system 🥶

The fact that Combat system will be unique with these sign & High quality Animation system 🥶

3712036-avowed.jpg

The itemization, economy & crafting of Fantasy setting 🥶🔥 The Unique Art style of Eora 🥶🔥 Not that classic fantasy art style 🥶🔥
That Avowed animation looks insane. If Obsidian can nail first person sword combat I might go crazy.

Jan 4, 2018

Old tweet, no idea how accurate the numbers are, but DAYUM. Found it on the twitter account of the UR person linked above.

I think there are some inaccuracies here. Like Machinegames smaller than Roundhouse, Rare bigger than Playground, etc.

In terms of Linkedin numbers strictly we have this (but it's not really reliable because some are likely inflated like Blizzard, King.. some should be bigger like The Coalition, Tango Gameworks, etc. It may give a very rough idea though).
  • - Blizzard: 5382
  • - King: 2760
  • - Mojang: 839
  • - Infinity Ward: 564
  • - Treyarch: 563
  • - 343 Industries: 541
  • - Sledgehammer Games: 500
  • - ZeniMax Online: 494
  • - Beenox: 458
  • - Bethesda Game Studios: 418
  • - Raven Software: 385
  • - Playground Games: 347
  • - id Software: 300
  • - Obsidian Entertainment: 272
  • - Rare: 263
  • - Arkane Studios: 259
  • - High Moon Studios: 236
  • - Demonware: 226
  • - Turn 10 Studios: 177
  • - The Coalition: 174
  • - MachineGames: 155
  • - Ninja Theory: 134
  • - Toys for Bob: 132
  • - Undead Labs: 117
  • - inXile Entertainment: 113
  • - Xbox Game Studios Publishing: 99
  • - Compulsion Games: 86
  • - Digital Legends: 77
  • - Double Fine Productions: 75
  • - The Initiative: 48
  • - Alpha Dog Games: 21
  • - Tango Gameworks: 11
  • - World's Edge: 8
  • - Activision Shanghai Studio: page merged with Activision
  • - Solid State Studios: page merged with Activision
  • - Roundhouse Studios: no page
But from a report, Activision's proper numbers as of December 31, 2021 were:
- Activision : ~3528
- Blizzard : ~3920
- King : ~1666
- Other : 588

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I got out of the barber and saw 8 notifications and I'm like oh fuc what did i do

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
Is the Wolf 2 DLC worth getting? I watched the Youngblood cutscenes and when they say you're the daughters of the man who killed Hitler I was like 🤨

edit: wait the DLC isn't even BJ focused. Did I miss something lol

Yeah, surprisingly, it happens in between games 😅 Though with the things BJ tells the twins near the end of Youngblood (I'm assuming you've watched all the cutscenes?), I am expecting the third game to have some timey-wimey shenanigans that ends up undoing it so they can get it right this time

The only reason I could see for making Wolfenstein The New Order free on EGS is…..tbuild hype FOR WOLFENSTEIN 3, TO BE SHOWN OFF AT THIS YEARS XBOX SHOWCASE! JUNE 12, 12PM CENTRAL. YOU'LL PAY FOR THE WHOLE SEAT BUT YOU'LL ONLY USE THE EDGE

I already have a ticket for the hype ship, but I want one for this ride, too.

New Ms. Marvel Xbox Series S console and wireless controller:

MIC075-ms-marvel-1920x1080px-nyc_JPG-6d039ce7d75a4541afec.jpg

Love the controller!

Ooh, that looks cool!

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Yeah, surprisingly, it happens in between games 😅 Though with the things BJ tells the twins near the end of Youngblood (I'm assuming you've watched all the cutscenes?), I am expecting the third game to have some timey-wimey shenanigans that ends up undoing it so they can get it right this time

I already have a ticket for the hype ship, but I want one for this ride, too.

Ooh, that looks cool!
Yeah i watched the cutscenes. I was surprised they went that direction but the series is already bonkers so I'm in for the ride. I can't imagine them making this a plot point and not having the player experience it lol

WOLF 3

0dah

Apr 27, 2022
Planet Kreet
I think there are some inaccuracies here. Like Machinegames smaller than Roundhouse, Rare bigger than Playground, etc.

In terms of Linkedin numbers strictly we have this (but it's not really reliable because some are likely inflated like Blizzard, King.. some should be bigger like The Coalition, Tango Gameworks, etc. It may give a very rough idea though).
  • - Blizzard: 5382
  • - King: 2760
  • - Mojang: 839
  • - Infinity Ward: 564
  • - Treyarch: 563
  • - 343 Industries: 541
  • - Sledgehammer Games: 500
  • - ZeniMax Online: 494
  • - Beenox: 458
  • - Bethesda Game Studios: 418
  • - Raven Software: 385
  • - Playground Games: 347
  • - id Software: 300
  • - Obsidian Entertainment: 272
  • - Rare: 263
  • - Arkane Studios: 259
  • - High Moon Studios: 236
  • - Demonware: 226
  • - Turn 10 Studios: 177
  • - The Coalition: 174
  • - MachineGames: 155
  • - Ninja Theory: 134
  • - Toys for Bob: 132
  • - Undead Labs: 117
  • - inXile Entertainment: 113
  • - Xbox Game Studios Publishing: 99
  • - Compulsion Games: 86
  • - Digital Legends: 77
  • - Double Fine Productions: 75
  • - The Initiative: 48
  • - Alpha Dog Games: 21
  • - Tango Gameworks: 11
  • - World's Edge: 8
  • - Activision Shanghai Studio: page merged with Activision
  • - Solid State Studios: page merged with Activision
  • - Roundhouse Studios: no page
But from a report, Activision's proper numbers as of December 31, 2021 were:
- Activision : ~3528
- Blizzard : ~3920
- King : ~1666
- Other : 588
I think Bethesda Game Studios has 420

you know...

lit

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

Old tweet, no idea how accurate the numbers are, but DAYUM. Found it on the twitter account of the UR person linked above.

It's sobering to think that Blizzard's new game output since Overwatch (in 2016!!) has been a dogshit remaster (Warcraft), a solid remake (Diablo 2), and just now a mobile game (Diablo Immortal).

I know they have a few games coming within a year or two, but come on Blizzard.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
It's sobering to think that Blizzard's new game output since Overwatch (in 2016!!) has been a dogshit remaster (Warcraft), a solid remake (Diablo 2), and just now a mobile game (Diablo Immortal).

In fairness to Blizzard, most developers don't have teams dedicated to supporting 3-4 existing projects while also having several teams creating new ones.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Honestly, I don't think a Banjo 3 will ever happen. It's one of those IPs that are stuck on "nostalgia" land, and the one attempt at something different got demolished by the community.

Mario did M64 and then every 2/3 years came up with a new game. They constantly re-invented themselves and the expectation now is just that the games will be fun. Banjo expectation seems to be almost of a "banjo 1 remake".

For Banjo 3 to work they would need to basically copy the Mario games and then add the Banjo charm (which would put them behind whatever the next Mario is). It just seems a hard sell for a studio...

I never grew up with Banjo so take this post with that into account.

What do YOU guys want out of a Banjo 3? How do you envision it?

ZombieC

Alt Account
May 24, 2022

I still dream that microsoft will revive heroes of the storm 😔

Jan 4, 2018
Between games, Infinity Ward's global footprint has grown. They've been busy:

In addition to their main campus in Los Angeles' San Fernando Valley, the studio expanded to Mexico, continued to grow in Poland, and even started up operations in Austin, Texas, over the past three years. Teams of professionals across three continents all working together, along with partner studios, are harnessing the collective creativity that players will soon experience later this year with the release of Modern Warfare® II:

For Joel Emslie, Studio Art Director, Modern Warfare II represents one of the most "ambitious, beautiful, bombastic, melt your face off game Infinity Ward has ever created." In Joel's opinion, the game "is this studio's magnum opus and it's the type of game I've been waiting to be a part of my entire career."

Reveal June 8

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Imagine it being a tease 🤣 Does Phil envision us as absolute weirdos who track what he plays?

Don´t give me hope.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Is the Wolf 2 DLC worth getting? I watched the Youngblood cutscenes and when they say you're the daughters of the man who killed Hitler I was like 🤨

edit: wait the DLC isn't even BJ focused. Did I miss something lol
I loved Wolf 2 and found the DLC VERY VERY hard to finish. Standalone stories that were cool ideas but poorly executed. The gameplay felt weirdly unbalanced. I actually stopped playing after first and came back to finish them like a year or two after.

They reminded me of Far Cry 5 DLC. Cool idea, but man were they hard to finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.