• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I like you, Klob, I really do, you're very talented, but I think you're in the wrong here. It's okay to misunderstand stuff, but doubling down on it is just weird. Just because Avellone said the same in the past, it doesn't make Jason's info any less valid.

As for bringing it up before the showcase, it's probably pretty relevant, because some people here (not you) were saying some ridiculous stuff yesterday like if Avowed isn't at the showcase, it's because Starfield ate up its time, etc, because they couldn't seem to believe that there might be other reasons and Obsidian isn't the perfect, efficient machine they believe it to be.
Come on lol. A lot of those posts, including the "Starfield ate up its time" post were obviously jokes....

Neo_ladeen

Jul 26, 2020
I expected MORE HYPING LESS BICKERING when I got here you guys. Let's ease out a little bit. This show is for our entertainment after all!

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Last year was such a disappointment! I did a very good score at their quiz game, and they gave me a bunch of gear shop credits that I couldn't use, because there is no gear shop in Brazil. :'(

MS is much US centric. This year, at least, all of their console sweepstakes were were available for almost every supported region!

Indeed, didn't do particularly well tho :P

Over here we don't even have rewards for example, pains me to read how great they are and everyone should do them etc etc.. and I can't even do them to begin with.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I think we all know what Microsoft IP we want to come back.

ErJriXp.jpeg

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
lmao @ doubting jason schreier, he's basically the only professional in the gaming investigative journalism

some starfield hype recap

jschreier

Press Sneak Fuck
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to sum up a few things and then get to work. (gotta cover Not E3!)
  • My understanding, based on conversations with multiple people close to Obsidian not named Chris Avellone, is that Avowed has gone through multiple reboots and lost/replaced several directors and leads last year. As I said on Twitter, that's why I don't expect it to be out any time in the near future. I did not say "the game is going through development hell and will never come out." But it has certainly had some real issues.
  • As it turns out, Avellone was the first to mention in public that the game had lost directors. Given his history, people were understandably skeptical. But when he said on Twitter that the game keeps losing leads, he was not lying.
  • Anyone suggesting that I'd use Avellone as a source after he was accused of sexual misconduct by four women can fuck right off. I hope y'all understand what a sickening allegation that was, and why it'd have gotten me so riled up, especially given my history of reporting on him and other sexual misconduct issues in the games industry.
  • I have no idea if Avowed will be at the show today. I personally would love to see it! (And if it ends with a "2023" release window I'll laugh pretty hard imagining how around this time next year there'll be a blog post announcing that it has slipped to 2024.) I'm more optimistic for the rumored Disco Elysium-style game. Cannot wait for that one.
  • Ironically, this whole thing started in a reply to a tweet I wrote about how excited I am for this conference. Which remains true. I think there'll be many more games I'm personally interested in today than there were at the Keighley thing last week. I know there's an inexplicable belief among Xbox fanboys that I don't like their favorite brand, but here in the real world, Psychonauts 2 was one of my favorite games of last year and I absolutely love that I'll be able to play everything that's announced today on my PC.
See you all later!

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
User Banned (2 weeks): Extreme hostility to other members
I always thought you were just a harmless if zealous Xbox fanboy, Klobrille, but blatantly and willfully twisting around my comments to suggest that I'd source and support someone who has been accused of sexual misconduct by four women is a real scumbag move. In reality, I haven't said a word to Chris Avellone since sending him a request for comment on that story in June of 2020. To suggest that I'd use him as a blind source after everything that came out is incredibly insulting and completely false. If I were you I would stick to photoshopping collages of Master Chief and Doomguy rather than trying to go after a reporter because he suggested that all may not have been going perfectly at one of your favorite company's studios.
Why are you speaking on Avowed troubles hours before the show?

You go out your way to be a a**hole and its why many people (developers included) don't like you. We still remember when Neil Druckmann called you out on Twitter and looks like you learned nothing since then

0dah

Apr 27, 2022
Planet Kreet
Good morning.

In less than 2 hours, gamers from here will join others from around the world. And you will be witnessing
the largest most epic scifi open world rpg in the history of mankind.
Mankind......that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty console and PC differences anymore...

We will be united in our common interests for GAMES.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 12th of June and you will once again be hyped... for a new single player open world RPG, not from any studio but from Bethesda Game Studios, from Todd Andrew Howard.

We're gaming for our right to live, to feel immersed.

And should we be hyped the day, the 12th of June it will no longer be known as a regular Sunday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!
We will not vanish without getting hyped!
We're going to live on!

We're going to play Starfield..."

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Thread went from 0 to 100 because today they are going to announce 1 vs 100

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
People all complain about Avowed but when the Starfield Greatness will be showed it will not be a problem anymore 😂😂

Oct 25, 2017
  • My understanding, based on conversations with multiple people close to Obsidian not named Chris Avellone, is that Avowed has gone through multiple reboots and lost/replaced several directors and leads last year. As I said on Twitter, that's why I don't expect it to be out any time in the near future. I did not say "the game is going through development hell and will never come out." But it has certainly had some real issues.
  • As it turns out, Avellone was the first to mention in public that the game had lost directors. Given his history, people were understandably skeptical. But when he said on Twitter that the game keeps losing leads, he was not lying.
  • Anyone suggesting that I'd use Avellone as a source after he was accused of sexual misconduct by four women can fuck right off. I hope y'all understand what a sickening allegation that was, and why it'd have gotten me so riled up, especially given my history of reporting on him and other sexual misconduct issues in the games industry.
  • I have no idea if Avowed will be at the show today. I personally would love to see it! (And if it ends with a "2023" release window I'll laugh pretty hard imagining how around this time next year there'll be a blog post announcing that it has slipped to 2024.) I'm more optimistic for the rumored Disco Elysium-style game. Cannot wait for that one.
  • Ironically, this whole thing started in a reply to a tweet I wrote about how excited I am for this conference. Which remains true. I think there'll be many more games I'm personally interested in today than there were at the Keighley thing last week. I know there's an inexplicable belief among Xbox fanboys that I don't like their favorite brand, but here in the real world, Psychonauts 2 was one of my favorite games of last year and I absolutely love that I'll be able to play everything that's announced today on my PC.
See you all later!

Thanks for always doing great reporting, Jason! It's completely understandable why that would get you rilled up and you are absolutely on the right here. Hope you have a great weekend :)

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
See you all later!
Thanks!
Always appreciate the info Jason.

😭

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
See you all later!
Ok so we know Avowed might be a while out still. Thanks for dropping by.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
See you all later!
Appreciate the tidbits before the show

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
See you all later!

Interesting to hear. Thank you for still posting Jason!

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
See you all later!
Thanks Jason 🙏

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Good morning.

In less than 2 hours, gamers from here will join others from around the world. And you will be witnessing
the largest most epic scifi open world rpg in the history of mankind.
Mankind......that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty console and PC differences anymore...

We will be united in our common interests for GAMES.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 12th of June and you will once again be hyped... for a new single player open world RPG, not from any studio but from Bethesda Game Studios, from Todd Andrew Howard.

We're gaming for our right to live, to feel immersed.

And should we be hyped the day, the 12th of June it will no longer be known as a regular Sunday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!
We will not vanish without getting hyped!
We're going to live on!

We're going to play Starfield..."
Your day today, 0dah! ;)

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
See you all later!
Thanks for all the info you posted, and clarifying everything. Appreciate the work you do.

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
Really? I got so much money with Rewards here in Brazil, and our program is nothing compared to the Rewards program in the US.

Really, Portugal support is just that bad.

People have no idea how much we suffer here, every xbox user in Portugal should get a trophy when there's sony and nintendo with no end push.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
See you all later!
Damn even if they say 2023 we better not get too hype 😭😭

Nonetheless, thanks for the insight Jason.

Smitch

Unshakable Resolve
Apr 21, 2022
See you all later!
Thanks for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.