• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Title suggestion

• New year, new engine, old habits

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • Half a galaxy away

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • Keeping it (un)real

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Subtitle Writer's Union Endorsed

Votes: 14 7.0%
  • High on Hopium

Votes: 68 33.8%
  • We're in the (Collective) Bargaining Stage

Votes: 60 29.9%
  • [X] Other console

Votes: 30 14.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
news.xbox.com

Help Shape History with Ara: History Untold’s Technical Alpha 2 - Xbox Wire

Hi all, Michael Califf, Lead Designer on Ara: History Untold here! On behalf of the entire Ara team at Oxide Games, we wanted to share a huge thank you to everyone who has expressed their excitement about the game since we revealed it at the Xbox and Bethesda Showcase back in June, and to...

new images in the article. game looks really good.
I really wish Insiders could talk about the game, because it's not just the visuals here that are really good.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
news.xbox.com

Help Shape History with Ara: History Untold’s Technical Alpha 2 - Xbox Wire

Hi all, Michael Califf, Lead Designer on Ara: History Untold here! On behalf of the entire Ara team at Oxide Games, we wanted to share a huge thank you to everyone who has expressed their excitement about the game since we revealed it at the Xbox and Bethesda Showcase back in June, and to...

new images in the article. game looks really good.

That looks like a good game.
I can't wait to play it in 2025!

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
starfield had 15mn of gameplay and gets periodic content, how is that no marketing?

also zelda comes out may next year and we know next to nothing of that game, same with many titles

anyways bethesda employees said on their discord that ppl worry too much, ofc noone is going to believe them because the default with bethesda is to assume they are liars x)

indeed

Oct 12, 2020
IMO
August smaller 1st party game we dont know about yet
september Forza
October Redfall
november starfield.

I just feel delays and another year of waiting incoming

I hope im wrong especially about redfall

Well, that is one hell of a Fall release schedule if things do end up being pushed. And if it is what it takes to get these games into their best possible form, so be it. Xbox has really hit on the quality aspect of what 1st party games they've released this gen. But it also adds fuel to the Xbox "waiting" narrative that is by now, very, very tiresome to a lot of folks.

Basically I'm giving Xbox a few months into the new year to lay out some of their 2023 plans. If they remain quiet on that front, then your guess is as good as mine as to what is going on.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
starfield had 15mn of gameplay and gets periodic content, how is that no marketing?

also zelda comes out may next year and we know next to nothing of that game, same with many titles

anyways bethesda employees said on their discord that ppl worry too much, ofc noone is going to believe them because the default with bethesda is to assume they are liars x)
I think Starfield has been shown off enough, all that's missing is a release date.

But putting that aside, we're talking about a new IP vs a sequel. TotK will likely be very similar to BotW, they don't really have to show a lot.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I dont think Forza or Redfall slip past spring. Forza has never been delayed publically, that team always delivers, and Redfall was supposed to come this past summer, so they'd have had almost a year delay by the end of spring. Also they started ramping up marketing with gameplay snippets on twitter pretty frequently. Starfiled I do expect to move to the fall, maybe between Sep - Nov

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
so we can put the is e3 bigger then tga arguments to rest now. tga 103m xbox e3 2.1m.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
so we can put the is e3 bigger then tga arguments to rest now. tga 103m xbox e3 2.1m.

Its been like that for years now, it was never an argument :P Any show, The Game Awards dwarfs. I imagine why to some extent that is why Sony has started showing some stuff there, when originally they stayed clear of E3 and whatnot.

dglavimans

Nov 13, 2019
I like E3 though.. But the gaming industry how it is now should be able to handle multiple shows of E3 and TGA caliber a year

TGA this year stomped it all though. Crowd had E3 level hype I haven't seen in years and I missed that so much

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
The 100 m figure is very misleading though. If you're comparing the stream on youtube on each channel, it's 4.1 million xbox showcase 2022, 5 million game awards. They get to 100 million by adding every stream together, every person who scrolls past it on twitch etc. It's bigger, but 100 vs 2 million is just not accurate

Jul 10, 2020
Doesn't matter the metrics, Xbox shouldn't have skipped it even IF they are having something soon.

Hell IF they are having something soon, they could have announced it there.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
why does a $40 turtle beach controller feel significantly better than my elite 2 for aiming? I'm convinced Microsoft has a serious deadzone issue because this Tuttle Beach feels instantly more responsive. more responsive than the regular series x controller too.

the ergonomics outside of paddle placement are a bit iffy on it, it's definitely a cheaper feeling controller but fuck it, I'm switching over for competitive shooters.

Im kinda annoyed the awkwardness has been controller related this whole time.

Kiryu957

Sep 26, 2020
Theres no way the divide is that big lol. Did we even get a number for total viewership for xbox. If the xbox youtube stream had 2.1(not exactly sure how much after 7 days) while tga has 5m now, Thats a 2x increase not 50x .

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
f06c8f2021925ce2d4a0b0198b01b862.png

has anyone seen this before? it says: consider the following hypothetical videogame subscriptions:
and then you have the family plan(already confirmed real) and another plan that basically says 6 month old first party games for 3€ a month

a friend sent it to me so i have no source xD

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
seems like normal market research surveying. I wouldn't be surprised if a "non day one" sub service on the cheap became a thing. It's basically the EA Play of Microsoft first party in that sense.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017

has anyone seen this before? it says: consider the following hypothetical videogame subscriptions:
and then you have the family plan(already confirmed real) and another plan that basically says 6 month old first party games for 3€ a month

Other services have a similar tier, like "Ubisoft+ Classics" and the base EA Play.

€ 3 a month is very cheap, especially considering it seems to include online multiplayer. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been surveying multiple price points.

I fully expect something like this (a first-party only tier of Game Pass, whether with a six month delay or not) to basically replace Live Gold in the not so distant future.

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
Other services have a similar tier, like "Ubisoft+ Classics" and the base EA Play.

€ 3 a month is very cheap, especially considering it seems to include online multiplayer. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been surveying multiple price points.

I fully expect something like this (a first-party only tier of Game Pass, whether with a six month delay or not) to basically replace Live Gold in the not so distant future.
also it has "advertisements before the game", forgot to mention that. fits with their recent ad patents

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

This is very interesting.

So the 2.99 Euro "Game Pass Lite" would give you:

- a library of all Xbox first-party games (6 months after release)
- online multiplayer

- download only
- ads before a game (from the library)

Is it just me or does this basically sound like... An Xbox Live Gold replacement.

Last edited:

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
This is very interesting.

So the 2.99 Euro "Game Pass Lite" would give you:

- a library of all Xbox first-party games (6 months after release)
- online multiplayer

- download only
- ads before a game

Is it just me or does this basically sound like... An Xbox Live Gold replacement.

They seem to be trying to bridge the gap between the money from live gold and dropping it. I think this seems reasonable.

Dropping Gold altogether is just too much money going out of the window. But using it to lever people into full fat Gamepass whilst actually saving the end user money each month is clever.

They try it out for a few months. Enjoy the Gamepass games, get annoyed by the ads, then convert/upgrade.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
That all looks great for a Gold replacement at that price, but what is the point of ads before launching a game? And how would that even be integrated, like a Twitch ad...?

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ads before launching a game...? Seems... ill advised.
I mean it's 2.99 giving you access to online multiplayer + a pretty large library of all first-party games, which means Xbox Game Studios + Bethesda + (ABK). I think that's very reasonable.

They'd fix many "problems" here. No need to release those bad XBLG games every month and you give your first-party library extra attention. And you give people a taste of Game Pass, if you like what you play and you don't want ads, go for the higher tier. If you only sub for online multiplayer and don't care for the library, you won't see ads anyway. Win-win to be honest.

I really, really like the idea. This seems like a clever solution to the ancient Gold concept to me.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2020
Ads before a game are a double edged sword.

For 2.99, it would mostly appeal to your CoD/Madden crowd who would probably never seem them, unless they dabble in the GP-Lite.

So there may be some blowback on ads, but the target market for lower priced tier probably would not see them that often.

You can't really show ads between games of Madden/CoD.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I mean it's 2.99 giving you access to online multiplayer + a pretty large library of all first-party games, which means Xbox Game Studios + Bethesda + (ABK). I think that's very reasonable.

They'd fix many "problems" here. No need to release those bad XBLG games every month and you give your first-party library extra attention.

I really, really like the idea.
I think it's a fair price, for sure, but I think an EA Play style $5 a month for just the late library would be better? and make online free for all *cough*. Just the thought of seeing an ad play when launching an application seems like a bad idea. I can understand seeing an ad play when you launch an ad on a streaming tier like if they put stream your owned games with basic Game Pass + ads, and Game Pass Ultimate is streaming ad free?

But locally installed apps seeing ads before launch feels wrong. I can see it getting a lot of consumer backlash because people are kinda used to seeing ads prior to streaming content, not launching content. It is cheap though, I'll give it that.

Jul 10, 2020
The days of free multiplayer for anything but F2P games are long gone.

So yeah, you can play Fortnite for Free, but CoD/Madden your always gonna have to pay for that.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Jul 10, 2020
Not on PC. Even more ridiculous, games like Sea of Thieves have free online on PC too

MS/Sony/Nintendo are scamming us lol

Microsoft started it with Gold, but PS4 and Sony's success of making paid online required for multiplayer games that are not F2P sealed the deal.

I knew free Multiplayer was truly dead when Nintendo jumped on board with their Online.

Status
Not open for further replies.