• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

New OT Title

• Xbox Game Studios

Votes: 277 36.5%
  • Xbox Studios

Votes: 122 16.1%
  • Xbox First Party

Votes: 62 8.2%
  • Xbox Game Studios + Bethesda + Activision

Votes: 112 14.8%
  • Xbox + Bethesda + Activison

Votes: 85 11.2%
  • Microsoft Gaming

Votes: 101 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Well there goes our chance at winning September NPD.

I can already hear the clickty-clack of clickbate headlines being written now when PS5 has a record September with PS5 Lite Spider-Man 2 bundles.

"Starfield couldn't save Xbox".

Time to doom about events yet to occur!
It would be true tho ☝️

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
Man, I would much prefer it being October or late September because it was going to be that one PS5 game I was going to pre-order. No way will I be done with Starfield then. It's a BGS game so I could easily put hundreds of hours into it first month. At least Spider-Man 2 will be shorter so it's much easier to get out of the way, so maybe I'd play it before my second (full) Starfield playthrough. I guess we'll see. Thankfully I will be off work for a full 3 weeks starting the week Starfield comes out.

bb1173

May 1, 2022
Holy Overreaction Batman!

I to judge my games on how well they sell. Starfield could be a 10/10, but if the NPD comes out and it isnt 1st, then its 0/10, trash game and gets thrown away!

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Petition to change the OT to "Xbox Game Studios & Bethesda Softworks Marketing and PR" so as to eliminate any ambiguity.

Apr 9, 2022
I just went to launch a game on the cloud and got told "Lots of people are playing! Wait time is about 3 minutes" so don't worry guys, business is booming right now!

For real though, first time I've had that come up.

HBC_XL

Apr 19, 2018
Vancouver
Spider-men are temporary, Starfield is forever.
Is the latter is anything like Skyrim then Tom Holland will be 60 before we see the last remaster it (for the time being...)

It'll l be fine.

That said, where is Xbox when it comes to marketing? I know it's 100% anecdotal, but as someone who subscribes to Xbox-centric YouTube channels, and only ocassionally seeks out Nintendo (Directs) and random clips from State of Plays, I can't tell you the last time I've seen an Xbox+Bethesda anything as an ad. Genuinely. I could watch every official Xbox-posted trailer and I would still have more YouTube time spent watching the first 5-seconds of whatever those recent Fire Emblem and Kirby games are.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Is the latter is anything like Skyrim then Tom Holland will be 60 before we see the last remaster it (for the time being...)

It'll l be fine.

That said, where is Xbox when it comes to marketing? I know it's 100% anecdotal, but as someone who subscribes to Xbox-centric YouTube channels, and only ocassionally seeks out Nintendo (Directs) and random clips from State of Plays, I can't tell you the last time I've seen an Xbox+Bethesda anything as an ad. Genuinely. I could watch every official Xbox-posted trailer and I would still have more YouTube time spent watching the first 5-seconds of whatever those recent Fire Emblem and Kirby games are.
I get Redfall ads on ResetEra dot com all the time

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Fuck all this

I'm the bad guy because I want Xbox to have a nice PR win for ONE MONTH after the ass kicking they've been taking lately.

I'm the asshole apparently.
You're not the bad guy, you're just too invested. It's Ryan McCaffrey "Xbox's presence at the Game Awards was a slap in the face" Syndrome.

Sometimes folks just need to take a step back and realize they're in too deep. This is one of those times

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox and Bethesda will announce a bajillion Starfield players in 24 hours and then who cares about units sold.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Just shamelessly sharing my new mug with you all, please pretend nothing happened.

vxBZMt0.jpeg

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The console war threads are really funny though. Twitter is a bit more fun because I dont get banned for bait posts though. Here im betting my account so I can post "Spidercels seething over Starchads" when Starfield scores half a percent more in metacritic.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
The console war threads are really funny though. Twitter is a bit more fun because I dont get banned for bait posts though. Here im betting my account so I can post "Spidercels seething over Starchads" when Starfield scores half a percent more in metacritic.
that's funny as fuck tho. i'd find a comment for the inverse amusing too tho

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
only to be met with.... "that's it? I thought it would be higher because of game pass" 😂

It does sometimes feel like people expect every user to try all 400 games on Game Pass every month, so they'll all have 25 million players every month. Sure, any specific game is free once you've payed for the subscription, but they're all free. All 400 or so games on the service.

If every player played one game every month and were divided equally amongst the games, you'd have something like 25 million divided by 400 = around 62000 players per game. Even if every player played three games every month, you'd still be below 200000 players per game on average in a month.

I'm a huge Souls fan and I still haven't gotten around to Wo Long. It's free, because I've already payed the $5/month Ultimate cost, but all the games on the service are free. That makes it very easy to get distracted by another game and once you get into another game, you might not want to interrupt that playthrough just because something else releases.

Oct 27, 2017
Iirc sometime last year there were a lot of reports about false suspensions.

During that time, my account was suspended too.

My up to that time perfect enforcement history didn't show anything, just like your screenshot, no functions on Xbox were limited, and the history still does not show anything.

When it happened I had not played any multiplayer in six months, I also did not interact with any other user, as my account is set to private.
Thank you for the clarification. The message is still coming up but if this has been an issue before, I'm not going to worry about it as no action had been taken. Thanks to everyone for the help.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020

It'll l be fine.

When you get your marketing budget cut it's typically for paid ads like YT for example. That stuff costs tons of money and when we heard that Xbox marketing division got some budget restrictions I bet it would be for those.

Capt Sensib1e

Banned
Jun 4, 2022
If I wanted to punch a low level street criminal 20 times to defeat them I'll play somethings besides Spider-man.

(come on game companies, Spider-man has super human strength)

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I genuinely want to know why it matters whether or not your favorite game hits number 1 or not. Other than tired console warring fodder, who would give a shit about which game does better? It's gonna be a bloodbath for our wallets regardless. Well, definitely my wallet that's for sure. $140 to two games, whew.

i give zero ....., September is shaping up to be great for GAMERS and folks enjoying their games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.