• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
shinobi602 still positive about the July event? Really curious what they will do. I dont think they will talk hardware at all.
Think its gonna be really games focused.
They're absolutely going to bring the heat in July - without spoiling anything. There's a lot to show.
Well that's why I said currently, their presentation wasn't very clear.
Indeed, but there's a lot of supposition in that post as to 'why'. Probably best to wait until the full launch roster's announced before thinking timed exclusives are because there isn't much at launch or Mile Morales is the anchor.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
All of that was impressive. Loved the sheer chaos going on. Never played or will play R&C game but appreciate the tech on display. The physics and collisions made me gasp.

Yup. I used to withhold judgement of him, even his apathy towards Xbox, I summed it up as it's just not his thing, but that statement was extremely disappointing, as if he was gleeful at some kind of point scoring against MS. Given how he can sway opinion it was irresponsible, but I guess I put too much stock in his objectivity.

It looked great but I did expect a bigger leap for Ratchet. I don't know. Not long ago I saw the remake of R&C and that already looks superb. But maybe I need to see it side by side.

They're absolutely going to bring the heat in July - without spoiling anything. There's a lot to show.

Indeed, but there's a lot of supposition in that post as to 'why'. Probably best to wait until the full launch roster's announced before thinking timed exclusives are because there isn't much at launch or Mile Morales is the anchor.

Oh boy, oh boy!

Would you happen to know if MS has it planned for early, mid or late July?

Chuck795

May 7, 2020

Shinobi is a cheerleader for both sides and I am totally here for it!

Biosnake

Oct 25, 2017
That Sony event made it even harder to wait for the Xbox July event. You forget how fun it is to watch these events.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Awesome. Its great MS is finally in the position to show alot. Talking about first party really.

i hope it's early july like the first week. of course that coincides with july 4th so maybe it cant be. maybe 2nd week. anyway earlier the better.

i still dont see how lockhart can fit in here. they've either got to announce that separately in june. july just seems too late, this is stretching all credibility to believe in lockhart i dont care what anybody says if it hasn't been announced in june.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018

I also think that it might make sense for Sony to not have a massive launch lineup. The PS5 will be sold out at launch no matter what, and people trust that Sony will have great games, so why waste big exclusives at the start when you don't need them yet?

Xbox is in a position where they need to start with a bang.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Your a star, don't know how we'd manage without you :)

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Just imagine if Playground Games & Ninja Theory share Character model tech with U5.

And Fable Reboot come with visual like this :

1589439479-ex6qhpewoaelsjr.jpeg

kestutis-rinkevicius-queen-final.jpg

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
All of that was impressive. Loved the sheer chaos going on. Never played or will play R&C game but appreciate the tech on display. The physics and collisions made me gasp.

yeah, i found the extended gameplay bit to be the most impressive thing of the show as the world detail, both on background scenery but especially on foreground stuff and characters, was astounding. coupled with the ray tracing on display and the sheer number of particles (among other effects!) made everything look really "solid" or cohesive. goes a long ways to completing the CGi look. its really what i was hoping for, but not sure i should expect, for next gen. feeling really really good now :)

Deleted member 69222

User requested account closure
Banned
May 14, 2020
Hope July has a nice surprise like the new R&C. I really, really, envy PS fans for that.

Xbox has so many IPs that appeal to everyone of all ages. Rare alone has about fifty.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
The launch lineup hasn't been revealed yet.
I'm sure there are plenty of 3rd party titles yet to be revealed for launch. But I can't imagine there's much left to show from 1st or 2nd party - yesterday's event what the place to show those games, so I'd be confused if there were still unknown 1st/2nd party launch titles yet to be announced.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
It's going to be really interesting to see how everything shakes out with pricing. I would have thought the base PS5 would launch at $499 with the digital edition coming out $50 cheaper but there's a lot of speculation and discussion that the digital version might be the one that launches at $499 which if that's the case then I think Microsoft is going to throw a freaking party.

I also think it kinda puts Lockhart in jeopardy. I've seen some comments that Lockhart was likely a contingency plan is Sony was going for that $399 price point again and now that it seems like there's no chance of that happening maybe Lockhart just isn't necessary anymore. Even less so if Microsoft decides to go all in and undercut the digital edition of the PS5 from the get go.

I don't know, it's just a lot of speculation but if it's a scenario where the base PS5 is $549, digital PS5 is $499 and the XSX is $449 then I don't see how Lockhart ever sees the light of day. Even in a scenario where the digital PS5 is $449 and Microsoft matches it with XSX I'm just not sure that Lockhart needs to be a thing.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be really interesting to see how everything shakes out with pricing. I would have thought the base PS5 would launch at $499 with the digital edition coming out $50 cheaper but there's a lot of speculation and discussion that the digital version might be the one that launches at $499 which if that's the case then I think Microsoft is going to throw a freaking party.

I also think it kinda puts Lockhart in jeopardy. I've seen some comments that Lockhart was likely a contingency plan is Sony was going for that $399 price point again and now that it seems like there's no chance of that happening maybe Lockhart just isn't necessary anymore. Even less so if Microsoft decides to go all in and undercut the digital edition of the PS5 from the get go.

I don't know, it's just a lot of speculation but if it's a scenario where the base PS5 is $549, digital PS5 is $499 and the XSX is $449 then I don't see how Lockhart ever sees the light of day. Even in a scenario where the digital PS5 is $449 and Microsoft matches it with XSX I'm just not sure that Lockhart needs to be a thing.

i think lockhart makes more sense if sony is at 499 (digital or full fat)

also, i think sony's digital console is in response to lockhart

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018

The more expensive the PS5, the more likely we are to see Lockhart. It would be utter waste to not release it with the worldwide economy being as it is if the PS5 is $449 plus.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
i think lockhart makes more sense if sony is at 499 (digital or full fat)

also, i think sony's digital console is in response to lockhart

I don't think it is in response to it. When you consider that article last year about Sony struggling to keep the costs of the PS5 down, I just think the PS5 is going to be 499 and Sony wants a version of the PS5 to be closer to 399.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I know the key factor for Lockhart is price, but size can also be a really big selling point considering how big the other consoles are.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
My Thoughts:
Was not happy to see timed exclusives from Bethesda and Square Enix.
Otherwise, I thought the show was brilliant and hope Xbox takes some positive queues from it.
All in all, happy that both sides are bringing some heat.

CANNOT WAIT FOR JULY!

i would really like this to be true, with T10

doing PGR5

I was waiting for you to say T10 doing Fable lol

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
I'm going to be a little surprised if Sony doesn't mention a Gamepass equivalent in the next year. They could be putting themselves in a position to get crushed by the value MS adds. If MS has 3 to 5 or so compelling games on Gamepass day one that is a massive value for an early adopter. Buy your $500 (hope it's not $600) box and have Halo, Forza, Everwild, insert title, insert title, Ryse 2 for 10 to 15 dollars day 1. Or better yet MS gives GP for free for a month or 2 with purchase. I mean.. that's a compelling offer. How can you ignore that?

Deleted member 69222

Banned
May 14, 2020
I'm going to be a little surprised if Sony doesn't mention a Gamepass equivalent in the next year. They could be putting themselves in a position to get crushed by the value MS adds. If MS has 3 to 5 or so compelling games on Gamepass day one that is a massive value for an early adopter. Buy your $500 (hope it's not $600) box and have Halo, Forza, Everwild, insert title, insert title, Ryse 2 for 10 to 15 dollars day 1. Or better yet MS gives GP for free for a month or 2 with purchase. I mean.. that's a compelling offer. How can you ignore that?

They already have PS Now, but they don't release 1st party titles on it day one. And when they eventually get added, they don't stay forever.

Sony already makes lots selling millions of copies of pretty much all their games. But maybe in the future if Game Pass proved to be a great investment for MS and really changed the game, they might consider upgrading PS Now.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I'm sure there are plenty of 3rd party titles yet to be revealed for launch. But I can't imagine there's much left to show from 1st or 2nd party - yesterday's event what the place to show those games, so I'd be confused if there were still unknown 1st/2nd party launch titles yet to be announced.

Silent Hill, WiLD, the new studio game

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I always ask myself... what is global publishing doing? Phil said they're going to be a big factor.

I look back at E3 2013 and what do I see? Four major Global Publishing games. FOUR! Killer Instinct, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Quantum Break. (ok so maybe from MS perspective, KI was minor... but for me it was major!)

Imagine if they have four major games on top of Fable, Halo, Forza, Initiative game, Everwild, Hellblade 2, Project: MARA? Plus we might have an early reveal of the obsidian game?

on top of this, this isn't even scratching the surface of XGS as for the following couple years they'll have Coalition, Compulsion, Undead, Forza Horizon, InXile, Double Fine maybe?, Mojang as well... we don't know what they're doing outside of Minecraft yet.

MS might be in position to absolutely unleash and still have tons in the tank right behind it.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
I was actually rather shocked to be honest that Gran Turismo 7 didn't look any better than that as a PS5 next generation ground up racing game. Of course it looked really good, and yes I watched the full 4K version of the trailer after the fact too. But I have full faith after watching that reveal in a Forza Motorsports 7 Series X enhanced version beating the look of that game at Series X launch, and maybe that is the Xbox plan while the true next generation Forza experience is still being worked on for further out?
one more time I will have to ask, who is spreading all these rumors that series x will have an enhamced forza 7 and not the brand new forza 8?

let me remind you guys some facts, and hopefully people will set their minds straight:

Start of December 2019, Forza Motorsport Creative Director Chris Esaki states that previous week they had their first studio-wide test of the new forza motorsport, then goes on to describe "some things under the hood" in what he calls "a vastly expanded experience".
things like new tire system, new suspension system, new pressure system amongst "many other things" as he said.

Then, you got this years CDC, where Turn 10 gave lectures about art at 100mph and real time ray tracing from Matt Collins and Diego Garzon

wccftech.com

Forza Motorsport Dev Turn 10 to Talk Raytracing at GDC 2020

Forza Motorsport developer Turn 10 Studios will be talking about ray tracing techniques and implementations at GDC 2020.

Now, Turn 10 have been developing like clockwork, almost anybody who knows the basics could predict the week of even the day of their next motorsport or horizon release.
Reading 10 times per day that Forza Motorsport 8 "probably will be a late 2021 game" makes my nerves tingle :)

Who is the source for this blasphemy? Bring him to me!

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

Sony already has a Game Pass equivalent with Playstation Now, ever since they allowed users to download games in addition to streaming its been pushing towards that.

They're definitely still nervous about it though, they have yet to make a really big third party push and even with their first parties they're trickling them out cautiously and for limited times. Understandable, maybe next Gen is when they'll embrace the model though, especially if they don't break ahead massively in sales right out of the gate.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
A long Halo Infinite gameplay demo starting off immediately after Chief jumps out from last e3 would win the next gen intro wars for me. So much has me hyped for both consoles Ratchet and Clank last night was so good I just imagine that kind effort being put in to a new Banjo or Conker.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
They already have PS Now, but they don't release 1st party titles on it day one. And when they eventually get added, they don't stay forever.

Sony already makes lots selling millions of copies of pretty much all their games. But maybe in the future if Game Pass proved to be a great investment for MS and really changed the game, they might consider upgrading PS Now.
I really think Sony could lose marketshare if they let MS provide this option without truly jumping in that ring. It's a bigger factor to the start of next gen than people are giving it credit for. Seriously, so many games are going to be available to early adopter for a reasonable sub price. PSNow just isn't the same.

Shawt21

Banned
Apr 26, 2020
Some of y'all are so sensitive, it's just video games. Aaron Greenberg doing his job offends y'all, can't mention that Jason Schreier seems biased without people getting upset and more doom and gloom for Microsoft.

It's fine, Sony had a good show, not revolutionary and Microsoft will have a good show. Calm down.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
A long Halo Infinite gameplay demo starting off immediately after Chief jumps out from last e3 would win the next gen intro wars for me. So much has me hyped for both consoles Ratchet and Clank last night was so good I just imagine that kind effort being put in to a new Banjo or Conker.
I so want that to start. Doors open, Chief jumps out and you ODST style fight your way down to the surface. All seemless, no cutscene clips, just pure game play as you land down.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Some of y'all are so sensitive, it's just video games. Aaron Greenberg doing his job offends y'all, can't mention that Jason Schreier seems biased without people getting upset and more doom and gloom for Microsoft.

It's fine, Sony had a good show, not revolutionary and Microsoft will have a good show. Calm down.
Video games are serious business

Deleted member 69222

Banned
May 14, 2020
I really think Sony could lose marketshare if they let MS provide this option without truly jumping in that ring. It's a bigger factor to the start of next gen than people are giving it credit for. Seriously, so many games are going to be available to early adopter for a reasonable sub price. PSNow just isn't the same.

Game Pass is a great selling point, but the PS brand is still powerful and popular all around the world.

Although I do expect the gap between Xbox and PS in terms of sales to be a bit smaller than it is now.
PS5 will continue to have its popular 1st party games, and Series X will provide a great value alongside high quality XGS titles. Next gen will be much more interesting than the current one.

Last edited:

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017

Quick clarification, you feel that there will be a lot more "exclusive" games announced for launch for PS5? Because I would imagine most would be third party (which users seem to be occluding from their launch lists).

Also, congratulations on the game, it looked great and I hope it's a blast to play :)

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
People will be upset as they wait for the likely headliner and see hopefully other col stuff before it?
Not buying it. If they are huge fans, they have waited years for footage. Casual fans have a huge showstopper to look forward to and might see other things they like.

The very end can be something else but I think Halo towards the end makes more sense than opening with it.

I disagree. I've been waiting to see the next Halo for years. I know gameplay will be at the next show. Until Halo isn't shown, I'm going to keep asking "man where's Halo?" whenever a non-Halo game pops up.

And that's just going to take away from other games. You should open with it, and then show off other games and new games in the pipeline.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
The more expensive the PS5, the more likely we are to see Lockhart. It would be utter waste to not release it with the worldwide economy being as it is if the PS5 is $449 plus.

Yep, totally agree. It seems a lot of people aren't aware we're heading into a recession and whilst entertainment products are generally considered recession-proof, having a new lower-cost product on the market is going to be welcome to a lot of people out there. Xbox needs to have a good showcase of what Lockhart can do though, prove that it's indeed a step-up from current-gen consoles and hold its own against the PS5/XSX. Not an easy task.

Status
Not open for further replies.