• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Stride

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm replying Quantum Break and i can't stop asking to myself ¿What the hell were the reviewers thinking while playing the fucking game?

Hating on anything Xbox related was still cool....hell I still feel reviewers from some websites are still unnecessarily harsh towards Xbox exclusives.

Quantum Break was a solid game, I literally replay it every year in hopes it will finally register my "complete all of Quantum Break" achievement, I did all that on my second playthrough but it didnt register, so every time I try playing the game again hoping something will click internally and the game will just shoot me the achievement.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
how does the initiative only have 2 openings?
They don't even have an idea to start working on yet? I guess no game from them until 2025...

Hating on anything Xbox related was still cool....hell I still feel reviewers from some websites are still unnecessarily harsh towards Xbox exclusives.

Quantum Break was a solid game, I literally replay it every year in hopes it will finally register my "complete all of Quantum Break" achievement, I did all that on my second playthrough but it didnt register, so every time I try playing the game again hoping something will click internally and the game will just shoot me the achievement.
Quantum break was honestly a great game. The gameplay felt good and the story was good.
Problems... it was really short, there wasn't enough encounter variety imo, the last boss fight was contrived. In my opinion the TV stuff wasn't needed at all and just ate up a lot of the budget.

One of the things making a sequel unlikely is that I doubt MS will want to put that effort into a TV show again.

Colossal Moo

Jan 13, 2018
Lol that CD3 review thread is still going. I am proud that i never went into that thread.
Let me guess the "discussion" isnt really about CD3 anymore?

I haven't been in the thread but if I had to guess, here are some of the "important" and "legitimate" topics which are being discussed:

A) Is Crackdown 3 1,000 or 1,000,000 times worse than Big Rigs?
B) We know Xbox has a "horrible" first party. Is it worse than the NGage's?
C) Is there any PS1 game which had worse graphics than Crackdown 3's?
D) Now that Crackdown 3 is out, which 2019 PS4 game are you going to buy?

Oct 27, 2017
How do you know it's going to bomb? One of my huge problems with a lot games discussions is people do not actually play games or even wait for hard data before declaring a game a success or failure. If you are looking for a AAA single player FPS, Metro is one of your few options. I don't know if it will be a good or a bad game but I would be very surprised if the game is terrible or even mediocre.
I have nothing against metro and I don't think it's a bad game. I just thick the odds are stacked against it and I don't think it will find success. On the console side it's facing apex and to a lesser extent Anthem next week. Both are multiplayer games that will find their audience.

It also comes out the same day as far cry and while I don't think that game will do gangbusters, it's a bigger brand and it has its fans.

Last edited:

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
I haven't been in the thread but if I had to guess, here are some of the "important" and "legitimate" topics which are being discussed:

A) Is Crackdown 3 1,000 or 1,000,000 times worse than Big Rigs?
B) We know Xbox has a "horrible" first party. Is it worse than the NGage's?
C) Is there any PS1 game which had worse graphics than Crackdown 3's?
D) Now that Crackdown 3 is out, which 2019 PS4 game are you going to buy?

E) Does this beat "Bubsy 3D" for worst 3D controls?
F) Will being associated with Xbox destroy Terry Crew's career?
G) Does Microsoft know you're supposed to pay reviewers to write positive reviews?
H) Is "fun" really a code word for "Quality Genocide"?

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
With CD3 out now, what else do we have coming this year / expected to come other than Ori? Shit's pretty bleak atm.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Battletoads, Gears of War 5, and I'd assume whatever Forza game is next?
No Forza this year. Turn 10 turned FM7 into a live service and still updates it every month. They're promising the March update will be the biggest one yet.

And, really, it doesn't make sense for them to rush out a Forza Motorsport this year when next gen is next year and a theoretical FM8 is a major showpiece for new hardware.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
With CD3 out now, what else do we have coming this year / expected to come other than Ori? Shit's pretty bleak atm.

Gears 5 and Ori 2 seem very likely to be released this year. Dlala (devs for Battletoads) seemed very confident in releasing the game this year, but Battletoads wasn't mentioned on the 2019 lineup in the Xbox Wire article. We'll see how this will go.

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
anyone played Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy? its free with GWG
I know this is off-topic but the Xbox app (on Android anyway) is really bad. I just tried to redeem this game on the app but despite it being advertised for me as a game I can redeem for free, whenever I go to the store page for the game it doesn't give me an option to purchase it, it just says "Play on Xbox One" and when I press that it starts searching for Xbox consoles on my network which is pointless because I don't own the game or have it installed so I can't play it either way, and I'm not currently near my Xbox. I also redeemed Bomberman R and that went fine, I could buy it in the app and there were separate options for buying the game and playing it on Xbox One. I don't know if this is an issue specifically for back compat games but it's really annoying. I had the same issue with AC:Rogue earlier this month too.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I know this is off-topic but the Xbox app (on Android anyway) is really bad. I just tried to redeem this game on the app but despite it being advertised for me as a game I can redeem for free, whenever I go to the store page for the game it doesn't give me an option to purchase it, it just says "Play on Xbox One" and when I press that it starts searching for Xbox consoles on my network which is pointless because I don't own the game or have it installed so I can't play it either way, and I'm not currently near my Xbox. I also redeemed Bomberman R and that went fine, I could buy it in the app and there were separate options for buying the game and playing it on Xbox One. I don't know if this is an issue specifically for back compat games but it's really annoying. I had the same issue with AC:Rogue earlier this month too.

never tried that way before? just redeem it from my console.

Conor

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna make a poll for this but I don't think I can yet. With Keyboard and Mouse support now available and the Play anywhere programme, would anyone here be interested in playing traditionally KB+M PC games, Like Civilization, AoE, DotA 2, ones that wouldn't really work with a pad, on console if it was supported?

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
So happy that it seems many people are enjoying crackdown 3 from some of the responses here on, twitter and even YouTube comments section..from my experience from my higher education where u do a lot of reviews..you always do a review by gauging what you intend to review against a set of indicators that have similarities or something homogeneous about them...one I reviewer must be actually immersed in what he wants to review and that's the first flaw for these gaming websites and YouTubers..how the hell would you even review a game like crackdown 3 when u have no intention of playing it or getting immersed in the games world?...second you don't say you are reviewing crackdown 3 then expect the game to assume certain qualities of games from different genres or budget lines...in this sense these reviewer should have looked at what the early versions of crackdown had that made them resonate with fans and if these things were present in the crackdown 3 game n how it was carried forward into the game n how games in the crackdown 3 genre has evolved over the years and if the crackdown 3 game was able to uphold some of these identified evolutions but none of these were done but it was sole based on their sentiments not even taken into consideration the subjective element of gaming..it is great seeing the positive response after all the undeserved mob thrashing of the game on YouTube and other Platforms

Deleted member 48991

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
A successor to Metro that's based in the London Underground after the apocalypse has destroyed the U.K. would be amazing.

The tube is iconic what with Kings Cross.

Gameplay would be similar to Metro as well
They should collaborate with Splash Damage on that :o (Dirty Bomb from Splash Damage takes place in a post apocalyptic London - there is even already a map set in the Underground)

Apr 6, 2018
MS needs to buy 4A studios... they have super high level of technical prowess and story telling is great.
IDK, Ucraine is not the safest place in the planet, Russia in crimea, nazbol in the east of the country and the goverment supports officially neonazist troops.
I'm replying Quantum Break and i can't stop asking to myself ¿What the hell were the reviewers thinking while playing the fucking game?
It's sad that many msft games were doomed to became cult only after the release.
Agree in regards to Min. Far Cry 4 is my favorite game out of those that I have played which has been every one since Far Cry 3. I prefer the old formula and setup compared to the new one. The light RPG elements aren't bad or anything. They just don't fit with what Far Cry is meant to be.
They don't fit anything which is not a real full fledged rpg, rpg lite are only cheap ways to make the game longer and balancing the game quickly
First off, how long did this take you type? Second, its not forums its the entire gaming media... reviews are bad?
I'm obsessive and autistic, nevermind. I hurts me to don't reply everything.
I was just saying that if the core gamers hate it, doesn't mean it wont find its pubblic.
No matter your thoughts on Crackdown, or what method you bought to play it, we can all agree there are worse ways to spend your money. Like putting it into a Peter Molyneux Kickstarter.
Immagine a Todd Howard kickstarted
I have nothing against metro and I don't think it's a bad game. I just thick the odds are stacked against it and I don't think it will find success. On the console side it's facing apex and to a lesser extent Anthem next week. Both are multiplayer games that will find their audience.

It also comes out the same day as far cry and while I don't think that game will do gangbusters, it's a bigger brand and it has its fans.
I'm more scared for anthem right now
gears 5 and Pop, maybe tactics, battletoads, maybe age of empire 2 definitive edition, maybe the ninja theory new ip which is in work since 2014(we assume that it will release before 2020 due to its current gen nature).
Plus Wasteland 3 is a given on gamepass, and maybe even the outur wolrds.
Then we have the post launch support for other titles:
Fh4 second dlc
cuphead delicious last curse
Sea of thieves mega update
We Happy few dlcs(scheduled 3 dlcs)
Something about state of decay
I was gonna make a poll for this but I don't think I can yet. With Keyboard and Mouse support now available and the Play anywhere programme, would anyone here be interested in playing traditionally KB+M PC games, Like Civilization, AoE, DotA 2, ones that wouldn't really work with a pad, on console if it was supported?
AoE1de and Rise of nation were spotted months ago

Last edited:

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
absolutely.

Oct 25, 2017
now just missing the R to complete Rockstar on the pancakes

giphy.gif

Aug 26, 2018
No Forza this year. Turn 10 turned FM7 into a live service and still updates it every month. They're promising the March update will be the biggest one yet.

And, really, it doesn't make sense for them to rush out a Forza Motorsport this year when next gen is next year and a theoretical FM8 is a major showpiece for new hardware.

Frankly, I would have liked FH5 to take the mantle for the showpiece for Scarlett in 2020. FH5 with its diverse seasons, locations and PG/Turn 10 Engine have really surpassed FM, so I would hope its FH5.

FM8, even if it is really good has limited legs compared to what FH5. There is a reason FM7 still has no " X Million players" announcement because its not as big as it once was.

Simply put, FH5 will sell consoles in Europe ( Thats why its bundled) whereas FM8 won't.

Oct 27, 2017
Frankly, I would have liked FH5 to take the mantle for the showpiece for Scarlett in 2020. FH5 with its diverse seasons, locations and PG/Turn 10 Engine have really surpassed FM, so I would hope its FH5.

FM8, even if it is really good has limited legs compared to what FH5. There is a reason FM7 still has no " X Million players" announcement because its not as big as it once was.

Simply put, FH5 will sell consoles in Europe ( Thats why its bundled) whereas FM8 won't.
Having it come the next holiday still works well because MS can rely on halo infinite to carry the weight at launch and the first holiday can rely on Horizon 5 and maybe a fable etc instead of Motorsport

Aug 26, 2018
Having it come the next holiday still works well because MS can rely on halo infinite to carry the weight at launch and the first holiday can rely on Horizon 5 and maybe a fable etc instead of Motorsport

To quote Former Xbox head, Peter Moore: " The first to 10 Million wins".

MS needs all the arsenal it needs to start big, hit all the right notes at launch. Doesn't get bigger than FH and Halo releasing in Fall 2020, FM will blow minds with RTX, DLSS, Bells & Whistles at E3 but will it sell consoles?

I like FM and I really like FM7 doing GaaS right but FH is bigger and bigger is what Xbox needs in Fall 2020.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
i think FM really needs a refresh. i dont expect (but dream about) more of a real world physics push and motorsports feel, complete with career progression and rules, but the same formula just feels so stale these days. something ala gt sports, as maligned as that was at launch, would be welcomed by me.

Atisha

Banned
Nov 28, 2017
So happy that it seems many people are enjoying crackdown 3 from some of the responses here on, twitter and even YouTube comments section..from my experience from my higher education where u do a lot of reviews..you always do a review by gauging what you intend to review against a set of indicators that have similarities or something homogeneous about them...one I reviewer must be actually immersed in what he wants to review and that's the first flaw for these gaming websites and YouTubers..how the hell would you even review a game like crackdown 3 when u have no intention of playing it or getting immersed in the games world?...second you don't say you are reviewing crackdown 3 then expect the game to assume certain qualities of games from different genres or budget lines...in this sense these reviewer should have looked at what the early versions of crackdown had that made them resonate with fans and if these things were present in the crackdown 3 game n how it was carried forward into the game n how games in the crackdown 3 genre has evolved over the years and if the crackdown 3 game was able to uphold some of these identified evolutions but none of these were done but it was sole based on their sentiments not even taken into consideration the subjective element of gaming..it is great seeing the positive response after all the undeserved mob thrashing of the game on YouTube and other Platforms
Makes sense. Thanks for the breakdown. So i've been wondering how, the reviews bomb, but the overwhelming glut of players response is a chorus of cheers?

Deleted member 53021

Banned
Feb 3, 2019
Makes sense. Thanks for the breakdown. So i've been wondering how, the reviews bomb, but the overwhelming glut of players response is a chorus of cheers?
The key thing here is overwhelming glut of positive players response n I don't have to explain why something positive is a chorus for cheers...unless u tell me what players matters no more

Apr 6, 2018

All the FM sold extremely well, but they had to face a way harsher competition from other racing games, like project cars, gt, assetto corsa, dirt rally and so on.
Horizon had no rivals in its genre(the crew 2 and need for speed payback look like a pr stunt for the horizon saga).
Being a fucking showcase, the first racing in the generation would be a massive win. They just had to switch to a live service model instead of three games for generation(even if the xCloud thing makes the term "generation" outdated) and they will do fine.
Plus it will be the best showcase for scarlett at launch.
You got right
They moved the studio to Malta several years ago , So there is no concern if Microsoft decides to acquired them
ah fine for them.
I mean it's sad they had to move the entire business but at least they don't work in a militarizing country
i think FM really needs a refresh. i dont expect (but dream about) more of a real world physics push and motorsports feel, complete with career progression and rules, but the same formula just feels so stale these days. something ala gt sports, as maligned as that was at launch, would be welcomed by me.
Well I don't see sport games evolve rapidly. The thing is that they are bounded to their genre.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
Well I don't see sport games evolve rapidly. The thing is that they are bounded to their genre.

i disagree. you could have a massive shift in fm, if thats what they wanted. fm has shifted more and more to a jack of all trades, casual friendly sim, car collector game offering a variety of different things, some barely related to proper motorsport racing. i big shift back towards a real racing discipline(s), ala gt sport/pcars/asseto etc, would feel completely new/fresh.

Aug 26, 2018
All the FM sold extremely well, but they had to face a way harsher competition from other racing games, like project cars, gt, assetto corsa, dirt rally and so on.
Horizon had no rivals in its genre(the crew 2 and need for speed payback look like a pr stunt for the horizon saga).
Being a fucking showcase, the first racing in the generation would be a massive win. They just had to switch to a live service model instead of three games for generation(even if the xCloud thing makes the term "generation" outdated) and they will do fine.
Plus it will be the best showcase for scarlett at launch.

Honest question, you think even a fantastic FM8 at launch will sell consoles in Europe? If the idea is just to show the graphical chops, FH5 will be in no way inferior. FM7 is an 86% metacritic, which is quite good, still didn't sell anywhere near FH3/FH4 ( Maybe being on GP would have helped).

Xbox needs to be intelligent, FM7 launched alongside Xbox One X, how many consoles did it sell? I am probably wrong and FM might be fantasic and FH5 with 3 years of dev will do wonders but the hype of launching alongside a next gen console can't be the same.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It has a 77 open/meta critic which isn't bad at all. I personally rated it a 7.0/10 (good) as there's several things that I simply didn't like or enjoy. Wouldn't mind an actual sequel but at the same time, we're kind of getting that with Control.

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Reviews for it were solid, but Forza Motorsport 7 wasn't well-received by the community at launch. It wasn't as fully-featured, the economy wasn't balanced, it had blind car boxes, and they tried to screw over their biggest fans by limiting what the VIP pass did. It really wasn't until the November update that it felt like FM7 was where it should've been, but we're still waiting on big updates like race regulations.

Not that the Horizon series isn't a lot more popular, but FH4 didn't have these kinds of issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.