• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting thread, mainly for the continued Nintendo + Microsoft rumors.

• Robertson can't talk about Scalebound in specifics because of legal issues. *Clarified here
  • The decision to cancel Scalebound was a mutual one between PlatinumGames and Microsoft.
  • One of the biggest reasons it was cancelled was the tech could not run the vision for the game. Bringing it back on even weaker hardware seems a strange decision.
  • Scalebound was a very personal project for the team. Picking it up when many folk who worked on it have left (and apparently more are planning on leaving) seems against PG's studio culture.
  • No reason for Microsoft to sell Scalebound as it would do damage to Microsoft. Showing that they were incapable of making the project happen but NIntendo could.
  • Robertson heard Nintendo and Microsoft are working on big things together.
  • Doesn't think PlatinumGames has the money to buy Scalebound.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017

Also this thread is interesting. Talks about why Scalebound wont be revived, and big things coming for Nintendo/Xbox.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/li...tinumgames-and-ms.100877/page-3#post-18122043

You linked to a reply lol, yeah i know what you try to say.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/li...s-mutual-between-platinumgames-and-ms.100877/

• Robertson heard Nintendo and Microsoft are working on big things together.
How big, what kind of big things i wonder.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
nintendo and microsoft working together brings joy to my ears

Perhaps getting the adaptive controller over to the switch platform? One step at a time

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo should just build their online infrastructure on Azure.

Samurai G0SU Adaptive Controller for Switch would be a nice one too. Also, maybe they're bringing games like Ori or Rare classics to Nintendo consoles.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if Microsoft and Nintendo shared a stage at E3 the same year Sony skips it
Man, Xbox has so much potential within the Microsoft it's still mind-boggling it has been internally overlooked for so many years... it's the perfect touch point to the MS ecosystem for so much people.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I know microsoft would get money if xbox live was on switch but what would nintendo get out of it?
Better online?
All xbox games on switch?

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
Not a regular here but I would like to say Crackdown 3 is definitely better than it's scoring idicates.

Seeing people in this thread and otherwise all over the internet talk about how they're losing faith in next-gen Xbox games over this and that actually doesn't make sense. A game that started development 5 years ago and was part of a wave of exclusives thag were almost entirely cancelled has very little in my mind to do with what's to come.
Mate only few people in this forum came to throw their tantrums in the way you..many of us here have great hope in next gen and beyond and it's overwhelming

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
I hope Scarlett is out by next march. I think sales are going to fall off a cliff this year. It did 101k units January npd.... 235k the year before. I think it's time.

The tech (Navi and zen2) will be ready to go anyway. If they can have infinite + ninja theory game + Forza Motorsport 8 ready... I say do it. Especially with cyberpunk being early 2020.

If think waiting till November next year is too long away with faltering Xbox sales.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
I hope Scarlett is out by next march. I think sales are going to fall off a cliff this year. It did 101k units January npd.... 235k the year before. I think it's time.

The tech (Navi and zen2) will be ready to go anyway. If they can have infinite + ninja theory game + Forza Motorsport 8 ready... I say do it. Especially with cyberpunk being early 2020.

If think waiting till November next year is too long away with faltering Xbox sales.
March launch would've been cool but all signs point to Fall 2020.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018

I really need that next gen console in my veins. I can't wait for better load times on my old games. I've been putting off on buying a PC because those consoles are coming hopefully next year.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018

But they don't care about Xbox sales anymore, if they are putting Xcloud and GamePass on Switch and Smartphones i don't see Microsoft in a hurry to launch the NextBox, Surface tablets dont sell shit and they keep making them.

Jun 22, 2018
But they don't care about Xbox sales anymore, if they are putting Xcloud and GamePass on Switch and Smartphones i don't see Microsoft in a hurry to launch the NextBox, Surface tablets dont sell shit and they keep making them.
Surface products actually have a respectable market share, so that's a pretty terrible comparison to make.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
If they go from moving (these are guesses) 8 million units in 2018 worldwide to 4 million units in 2019 they will care. That would be a pretty big indicator than the Xbox one is dead, and new consoles are needed.

Of course they care more about engagement with gamepass and xplay So they probably arnt anticipating that they move 100 million consoles next generation. But if andaconda and Lockhart only sell 5-10 million units you can bet ur ass they are gunna care.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Xcloud runs on Xbox Hardware. They will want the next xbox in those datacenters soon. Mass Producing them makes the whole process cheaper too.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Xcloud may not run on actual Xbox hardware. It may be custom built server racks with many instances of the Xbox CPU/GPU, or just entirely emulated on other server hardware.
true. but you'd think it would be cheaper to use existing hardware that has been mass produced. I think they mentioned in the announcement putting 4 xbox motherboards in one rack.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
The more I thought about it, the more I think it makes sense for AOEDE to go into Game Pass and for them to say when 2DE is coming and that it's launching into Game Pass.

Those are Inside Xbox level announcements, I think.
well yeah. no one should expect 4 unless they wanna be dissapointed. 2DE and maybe more infor on 3DE or the best bets tbh. outside of 1DE coming to gamepass

Deleted member 48991

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
true. but you'd think it would be cheaper to use existing hardware that has been mass produced. I think they mentioned in the announcement putting 4 xbox motherboards in one rack.
I'm sure they are experimenting with various configurations, including using actual Xbox hardware. Having a more homogeneous infrastructure is beneficial as they can have a higher peak capacity and is more future proof (having your server configuration tied to the console generation might be a burden). Azure already has GPU's for Machine Learning/Deep Learning purposes, but those are not optimized for gaming. To me what Microsoft is doing with XCloud is just as interesting as what they are doing with studios.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017

Not directly, but this tweet is still pretty much a blank statement on reviewers in general.

I don't disagree with the idea that watching streams is a good way to decide if you want something or not, especially with live service games like this, but yeah, the tweet above (a blank statement) is quite silly, especially considering they have marketing rights over the game.

I agree with his statement here, and I think it's the reality for plenty of gamers these days.
Only updates every Saturday iirc.
It updates daily. However, it doesn't appear to be "most played today". I think just based on keeping my eye on that list that it's a last 7 days rolling average metric. New games seem to appear a few days after they come out and climb on the list and usually peak a week after release.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Here's what I would love to see XGS do in 2019 regarding developer acquisitions:

Create a Nordic Game Hub around Mojang by acquiring 2 of the following 3:
  • Remedy
  • PlayDead
  • IO Interactive
Add to current hub locations by adding:
  • Relic
  • Turtle Rock
What are your thoughts?
Would love for them to pick up Remedy. Seriously doubt it though...

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Let's turn this thread back to XGS acquisition rumors and upcoming game predictions.

I'm starting the rumor here first, Microsofts going to acquire Level-5 and Mistwalker, along with Dontnod and The Behemoth.

Additionally, Obsidians next project will be a spiritual successor to Vampire the Masquerade. The next Perfect Dark will be a sci-fi immersive sim in the style of Deus Ex, taking place in a single massive mega city, heavily inspired by the works of William Gibson and Issac Asimov. Finally InXile is working on an action RPG based in the world of the classic novel Tuck Everlasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.