• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
I'm more interested in who they acquire this year then last.

Last year MS mostly protected investments with who they bought. PG and Undead etc.

This year anyone bought I don't think we will see coming
Yeah I agree with this seems most of the studios that were been sounded out in terms of speculation like typhoon,4A has been refuted now speculation ms and clues seems dry so I agree that Microsoft and Xbox game studios will shock the masses with the next studio acquisition..hopefully it gets a petition of hurt started...can't wait

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Please, tell me any game in Obsidian history that is better that the souls or bloodborne in combat, story and lore.
They approach games very different. Soulsborne is about Combat and challenge. Obsidian's games are about story and choice.

Soulsborne barely has a story unless you follow lore. That was like when Destiny got eaten alive for its story being non-existent, but then a few people talked about its lore being good. Its just not what people are playing those games for.

Theyre good for different reasons, and Im not really sure why we are comparing the two as if theyre similar.

Oct 27, 2017
Please, tell me any game in Obsidian history that is better that the souls or bloodborne in combat, story and lore.
If I need a 3 hour YouTube video to breakdown the story and lore of a game sorry but no it's not good. I find bloodborne lore very interesting too bad I need to take a college course on it to explain and extrapolate ideas because it's not in the game

Jan 20, 2019
If I need a 3 hour YouTube video to breakdown the story and lore of a game sorry but no it's not good. I find bloodborne lore very interesting too bad I need to take a college course on it to explain and extrapolate ideas because it's not in the game

If you pay attention to the game, you dont need to watch a youtube video, and you can easy break the story of bloodborne in 10 to 20 min video. The lore, takes more time that that because there is a lot going on.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That strange moment you see people in the Xbox Game Studios thread comparing Bloodborne with Fallout New Vegas and you realize: damn, people are getting thirsty for leaks.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
BT4xl7L.jpg

Interesting...could this be the new PVP experience we've heard about?

OMG sorry been away what game is this suppose to be?!

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't think lore/story is that simple. I think the From games have great lore, but the games obscure a lot of it, some of the fine details are either not there or have to have educated guesses made. I love the style of it but it's not really comparable to Obsidian style lore, they're different beasts. Lore in a Dark Souls is quite a bit different from Obsidian games like Pillars of Eternity, where the lore is much more presented to the player.

When there's that much lore you have to ensure that there's no contradictions, that timelines make sense, that there's not big glaring holes that pop up when you start to dive a little deeper into concepts, etc. Both approaches are great, but the way Obsidian games handle lore is going to have its own set of challenges due to just the vast amount of lore that exists, that's a lot of different plates to juggle and keep in sync, you're having to create an entire world and history. From's more abstracted form of lore can avoid some of those challenges because it paints with a much larger brush and doesn't have to get down into the weeds of the lore as much. So while the From games will share the challenges I mentioned, it's going to be quite a bit different. Due to that I don't think it's as easy to just straight up compare lore since they're going for pretty different things.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
There is a huge opportunity for Obsidian with good financial backing to really establish themselves as one of the two or three best RPG developers out there with BioWare faltering. They have always been really good, just not had as much in terms of funding and time.

Yes. With Boyarski and Cain back and Josh Sawyer staying, they have the people at the top to have two strong teams with enough support.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
This post is a little reminder that Age of Empires is still a big Microsoft IP. The amount of concurrent players Age of Empires 2 has is still nothing short of impressive.

k65xGeS.png

Meanwhile the Age of Empires 4 trailer is nearing 10 million views.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
This post is a little reminder that Age of Empires is still a big Microsoft IP. The amount of concurrent players Age of Empires 2 has is still nothing short of impressive.

k65xGeS.png

Meanwhile the Age of Empires 4 trailer is nearing 10 million views.

Hope they hold off the release tho until the store is in decent please.

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Oh, that wasn't just a random glitch that propelled the cars?
No, I used the launcher gadget. It's generally used to make you jump higher, but it will launch anything up into the air! Including cars and pedestrians that happen to cross it.

You can see me use it here. And there's a pedestrian flying into the air early in the clip. And a fail where I launch a car right on top of myself.

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Do we know who is composing for Gears 5? The Gears 4 ost did nothing for me. I would kill for them to bring back Kevin Reipl, no other game in the series touched the atmosphere of the Gears 1 ost.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
LOL thread is still going. Damn

anywho, i think they will announce testing of xcloud on the s10 5G. maybe the first mobile device?

Status
Not open for further replies.