• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
as i said before what the benefit Xbox owner will get if there games go tho other platform...
Because you get to play the games natively without streaming, which is a pretty big deal for all but the most causal gamers I'd imagine. I suspect many will try Game Pass on Switch and then later buy an Xbox to play the real thing. Either way Microsoft benefits because Game Pass and xCloud remain a closed platform.
Wish airplanes had free wifi
I imagine streaming halo mp would be pretty iffy to even if I had a good connection
Free of not, airplanes are not going to give you the low latency, consistent and reliable connection you are looking for to play much at all :)

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Because you get to play the games natively without streaming, which is a pretty big deal for all but the most causal games I'd imagine. I suspect many will try Game Pass on Switch and then later buy an Xbox to play the real thing. Either way Microsoft benefits because Game Pass and xCloud remain a closed platform.
well let's hope you are right, Still i have my doubt

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Ok guys hypothetically speaking. I'm nearing the end of Crackdown and wondering about the future of this franchise.
Which studio would be ideal to take on (assuming acquired) Crackdown and push in a new direction. What would be the best direction for the series.

Honestly, I think Sumo really nailed the feel of it, and now that they've proven they know what Crackdown is and how it works, I'd love to see them build Crackdown 4 on that foundation. Obviously there is some stuff that needs fixing, driving for example could use a lot more attention, and I'd love to see more melee options added like swords or exploding rocket gloves. A sequel or a really sizable DLC would give them the chance to do stuff like that, plus add more story and other features.

I get wanting to bring Crackdown internal, but I really think Sumo is the best choice for it, and I don't see them getting acquired, there's too much fat on that steer.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Moon isn't for sale, Thomas keeps repeating this very recently but nobody listens.

And it's Ori and the Blind Forest getting the Switch port, which is a clever way of hooking people in to the franchise before the Xbox-exclusive sequel - which they'll either need an Xbox/W10PC to play, or to subscribe to Game Pass on their Switch.

No one is for sale...until someone drops a briefcase full of cash on their front desk. That's why no one listens because anyone's mind can be changed for the right price.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
God please don't acquire Sumo. Sumo, Remedy, Crytek and Quantic Dream are the 4 studios MS should stay away from.

Oct 25, 2017
Senior Software Engineer
Redmond, Washington, United States

Microsoft Studios is looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience with unit testing and driving for better code quality to work with our 1st party studios by supporting them in their goals of delivering games as a service. You will be working directly with developers at each studio to evangelize the benefits of solid unit test practices and the impact that test driven development can have on the quality of our games and the speed in which we can deliver updates. You will have a direct impact on the next generation of great games and experiences on our platforms.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/589478/Senior-Software-Engineer

Senior Software Engineering Lead, ForzaTech - Turn 10 Studios

Microsoft's Turn 10 Studios, creator of the highly-acclaimed Forza franchise, is looking for an experienced C++ game engine developer to lead our efforts in sharing ForzaTech game engine technology. ForzaTech is the core engine code & libraries, authoring tools, and build pipeline that allow us to ship beautiful, photorealistic, 60fps, 4K, industry-leading games across multiple titles, studios, and platforms. The tech sharing effort requires intense coordination between multiple product teams. We are looking for someone who is strong technically, as well as great at communication and collaboration.

As the development lead for this team, you will work directly with the studio engineering leadership, as well as the engine teams on multiple products to develop and share technology between our games. This requires a strong understanding of our hardware platform architecture, as well as common high-performance engine components such as rendering, streaming, tools, physics, animation, resource management, etc. You'll also benefit from good knowledge of game content pipelines, continuous delivery build systems, and best practices for shared development.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en...re-Engineering-Lead-ForzaTech-Turn-10-Studios

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Honestly, I think Sumo really nailed the feel of it, and now that they've proven they know what Crackdown is and how it works, I'd love to see them build Crackdown 4 on that foundation. Obviously there is some stuff that needs fixing, driving for example could use a lot more attention, and I'd love to see more melee options added like swords or exploding rocket gloves. A sequel or a really sizable DLC would give them the chance to do stuff like that, plus add more story and other features.

I get wanting to bring Crackdown internal, but I really think Sumo is the best choice for it, and I don't see them getting acquired, there's too much fat on that steer.
100% all this

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
I think the reality of the situation is that Xbox is 100% focused on services and that's fine. I'll enjoy having access to my Xbox games on my Switch. That being said, I am a bit concerned Microsoft will give up market share in the console space, but I don't think that's their concern any more.

Their seems to be a very obvious set of E3 announcements to make here, if this is true.

1) Banjo is coming to Smash. It'll admittedly be a bit of a tease because people will assume it's a new Banjo game.

2) Partnership with Nintendo. Game Pass and xCloud on Switch. Teasing a collaboration project.

3) Banjo 1 and 2 Remake trailer for the game later this year. Developed in collaboration by Rare and Nintendo.

4) Banjo 3 Tease. Again, developed in collaboration by Rare and Nintendo.

Book it!

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Senior Software Engineer

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/589478/Senior-Software-Engineer

Senior Software Engineering Lead, ForzaTech - Turn 10 Studios

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en...re-Engineering-Lead-ForzaTech-Turn-10-Studios
Ive been considering going back to school for software engineering but I think Ill be a little late.

They should have shared forza tech with Sumo, that crackdown driving is brutal.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I think the reality of the situation is that Xbox is 100% focused on services and that's fine. I'll enjoy having access to my Xbox games on my Switch. That being said, I am a bit concerned Microsoft will give up market share in the console space, but I don't think that's their concern any more.

Their seems to be a very obvious set of E3 announcements to make here, if this is true.

1) Banjo is coming to Smash. It'll admittedly be a bit of a tease because people will assume it's a new Banjo game.

2) Partnership with Nintendo. Game Pass and xCloud on Switch. Teasing a collaboration project.

3) Banjo 1 and 2 Remake trailer for the game later this year. Developed in collaboration by Rare and Nintendo.

4) Banjo 3 Tease. Again, developed in collaboration by Rare and Nintendo.

Book it!
Who from nintendo is going to work on Banjo? It certainly cant be retro or the mario team.
Id love this to happen but if they do make a multiplat banjo 3 i hope it has high quality tech for the one x and is not just a switch game with 4k, rare are actually effective developers for visuals.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
curious if its just the game pass catalog coming to switch and not the entire xbox library. Nintendo is probably only ok with just that small catalog with cut from sales.

but Microsoft has already said every game on xbox one will be capable of streaming with no additional work by the devs, will probably need to opt in though. but it would be cool to have all of my games on the switch, and not just game pass stuff.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Who from nintendo is going to work on Banjo? It certainly cant be retro or the mario team.
Id love this to happen but if they do make a multiplat banjo 3 i hope it has high quality tech for the one x and is not just a switch game with 4k, rare are actually effective developers for visuals.
Rare would have to do the heavy lifting (to avoid the problem you mention), but Nintendo could absolutely lend internal talent without dedicating an entire team.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
Yes but Moon is a unique studio of developers all working from home around the world, who all value their independence. It's a real unique situation.

Every independent studio values their independence..until its time to make payroll and keep the lights on. I don't see how them being spread out everywhere means anything. It's not like MS would force them all to move or change their structure

Most likely this deal would basically be "We fund your games, you can make them on Switch, we own the IP"

Although TBH you don't really need to be bought out for that deal since that current situation would be occurring right now if Ori gets a Switch port

This is so true. Everyone has a price. It's just about if that price makes sense for both parties.

Yup but the more I think about it, the current situation probably suffices. Microsoft funds Moons game, takes ownership of the IP like Ori and allows Moon to put their games on the Switch

Actually this current lineup works fine, there really isn't a need for a buy out.

Deleted member 50969

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
As long as Xbox console and Xbox PC are the only place we can play these games natively I'll be supporting the team for a long time. Allowing your services to be on the other console isn't bad because streaming doesn't compromise anything.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
all I know Is Xbox live better be going free soon
It's inevitable if you look at the different places and how people will be playing the platform. The idea that in five years you could be playing Xbox titles on PC, streaming on mobile, potentially streaming on something like Switch, but if you played them on Xbox hardware you'd have to pay a sub to play them while you don't on every other platform is baffling.

Xbox Game Pass and/or Xcloud will be the subscriptions, not paying for multiplayer on Xbox hardware.
curious if its just the game pass catalog coming to switch and not the entire xbox library. Nintendo is probably only ok with just that small catalog with cut from sales.

but Microsoft has already said every game on xbox one will be capable of streaming with no additional work by the devs, will probably need to opt in though. but it would be cool to have all of my games on the switch, and not just game pass stuff.
Just Game Pass titles first might be a first wave of that. That said, I have no idea who this youtuber is and if they have a history of having reliable sources, so it's all a grain of salt at this point.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
It's inevitable if you look at the different places and how people will be playing the platform. The idea that in five years you could be playing Xbox titles on PC, streaming on mobile, potentially streaming on something like Switch, but if you played them on Xbox hardware you'd have to pay a sub to play them while you don't on every other platform is baffling.

Xbox Game Pass and/or Xcloud will be the subscriptions, not paying for multiplayer on Xbox hardware.

Just Game Pass titles first might be a first wave of that. That said, I have no idea who this youtuber is and if they have a history of having reliable sources, so it's all a grain of salt at this point.
yeah I was skeptical of the source too. but game informer has since come out and said they have heard similar things from their own sources.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/0...ging-game-pass-and-published-titles-to-switch
game informer said:
In talking with our own sources, it has been suggested that the announcement of Game Pass on Switch could come as soon as this year.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
I'm going to say at some point Mario Kart will be playable on Xbox as well.

Mington

Banned
Dec 22, 2018
I'm more confident MS will acquire Relic and Creative Assembly as well.

Mington

Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Well Matt said Don't go ahead of yourselfs

meaning No...

So We get no benefit as Switch owners get

I don't see how it hurts Nintendo to port Mario Kart 8 to Xbox especially if it coincides with when they release Mario Kart 9.

Tens of millions of Xbox gamers would play 8 on the Xbox then buy Nintendo hardware to play 9.

I'm not talking all exclusives but I think Nintendo can make billions more in revenue if certain games come to Xbox as well

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
I don't see how it hurts Nintendo to port Mario Kart 8 to Xbox especially if it coincides with when they release Mario Kart 9.

Tens of millions of Xbox gamers would play 8 on the Xbox then buy Nintendo hardware to play 9.

I'm not talking all exclusives but I think Nintendo can make billions more in revenue if certain games come to Xbox as well
it will hurt their hardware(they think about it unlike MS)

I doubt Matt or any other know something about that...
maybe they do

Golvellius

Banned
Dec 3, 2017
if nintendo didn't publish their Games on Xbox....then don't kill your hardware

that mean you Accepted defeat like Sega before
It would be the opposite actually because this time they would put their ecosystem on Sony's hardware.

I hope you realize that this is something completely different than what Sega did after they stopped producing hardware (if not, try to think about it a little bit)

It would be a supreme victory for MS, and that's why Sony won't allow it.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
It would be the opposite actually because this time they would put their ecosystem on Sony's hardware.

I hope you realize that this is something completely different than what Sega did after they stopped producing hardware.

It would be a supreme victory for MS, and that's why Sony won't allow it.
i see the other way Around... it's a big Victroy to Sony not MS....Since they become the Only Hardware company left so they will sell the Hardware and Software and Still getting MS software

Mington

Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Nintendo would still sell millions of hardware regardless if thier exclusives are on Xbox as well and the same goes for MS.

There are Xbox fans and Nintendo fans who never buy hardware that isn't from thier fav brand.

But with games pass Nintendo and MS can reach them both and make billions from gamers who would never buy your hardware

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
I'd like to see Microsoft acquiring Relic from Sega. I need more Age of Empires in my life! And i do not care about Warhammer.

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo would still sell millions of hardware regardless if thier exclusives are on Xbox as well and the same goes for MS.

There are Xbox fans and Nintendo fans who never buy hardware that isn't from thier fav brand.

But with games pass Nintendo and MS can reach them both and make billions from gamers who would never buy your hardware

You can sell 15mil of Smash here!
Or
You can sell 30mil of Smash here!

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more confident MS will acquire Relic and Creative Assembly as well.

Creative Assembly is one of the most successful and lucratives studios for SEGA, i really doubt they would sell them off.

Relic though, i can see that happening. Dawn of War 3 was a disaster and CoH2 wasn't anywhere as good as the first one.

I doubt Matt or any other know something about that...

Matt has been pretty consistent with his infos. I don't think he got anything wrong from MS, ever.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Matt has been pretty consistent with his infos. I don't think he got anything wrong from MS, ever.
Pretty sure he said, multiple times, that Playground was doing a multi-platform game. Which, maybe at some point was true, but obviously shit changes.

Though I doubt Nintendo will be putting any games on Xbox, in the near term at least. Can see the industry getting there one day though.

Oct 25, 2017
Creative Assembly is one of the most successful and lucratives studios for SEGA, i really doubt they would sell them off.

Relic though, i can see that happening. Dawn of War 3 was a disaster and CoH2 wasn't anywhere as good as the first one.

I know...
I just doubt he knows everything or every fine detail of these things.

They are gonna sell 30M not matter what and the get that extra cash from the online service.

Yeah?
But they can make a partnership with Microsoft and their Azure Cloud / XCloud tech to put games in over 1,5bi Windows PCs, 40mil+ Xbox and billions of Smartphones out there.
Also Nintendo still can sell their console, their online service, their games, etc...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure he said, multiple times, that Playground was doing a multi-platform game. Which, maybe at some point was true, but obviously shit changes.

Though I doubt Nintendo will be putting any games on Xbox, in the near term at least. Can see the industry getting there one day though.

They were shopping around a multi-platform game initially, before MS had this dramatic change of tune and could invest more in first party stuff.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Love the MS x Nintendo partnership. I like Xbox services. I like Xbox Controller. Gimme that with some Nintendo cream on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.