• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Saw your thoughts on this in the last thread and I really like your thinking on things. Not sure how Kait would become the next queen if we're to still play as her though. Are you suggesting that she and JD will then become unplayable and that they'll introduce new characters to play as that we'll use to combat them later?

The usual structure of the Gears consist of three person group. Are you saying they'll make it a two person group going forward?
no, Im suggesting that in "gears 6" she will connect herself to the swarm in a attempt to save JD. and have Del/others with her to cut her out/save her if she can/cant save JD.

I think we would still play as Locust JD in 5/6 even after he turns evil. ala Raam's shadow.

it would add some cool dynamic story telling, and still show you JD's ongoing story.

----
as for the groups, I think it'll be hard core 2 person groups, with a small chance of adding others in as DB's (if somehow the campaign is 4 player co-op)
2 storylines that intertwine.
DEL and Kait semi open world, evolution
JD and MARCUS linear classic

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
JD being half Locust would be a great way to change up the gameplay.

Having the character be faster and stronger could see The Coalition implement Vanquish style mechanics to the franchise

Oct 26, 2017

Having the character be faster and stronger could see The Coalition implement Vanquish style mechanics to the franchise
dam, you just put this image in my head.

Gears 6 cold open
YOu play as Locust JD.
Leading the Assault on New Ephyra. and the swarm take the city.

that would honestly be amazing

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
no, Im suggesting that in "gears 6" she will connect herself to the swarm in a attempt to save JD. and have Del/others with her to cut her out/save her if she can/cant save JD.

I think we would still play as Locust JD in 5/6 even after he turns evil. ala Raam's shadow.

it would add some cool dynamic story telling, and still show you JD's ongoing story.

----
as for the groups, I think it'll be hard core 2 person groups, with a small chance of adding others in as DB's (if somehow the campaign is 4 player co-op)
2 storylines that intertwine.
DEL and Kait semi open world, evolution
JD and MARCUS linear classic

I'm liking the ideas even if I'm not sure they could be implemented well enough. The game could definitely use some shakeups and changes like what you're proposing though.

Ohhhhh! I like this idea.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017
Play the Mikami masterpiece Vanquish to get an idea as to how Locust JD chapters should play
now your giving me vibes to the one of the announcement trailers/media pieces for gears way back when.

Locust sprint, vaulting over cars firing the burst like a pistol.

I want it.

also lol

this is what Gear 1 debut trailer

dam. Games certainly have come a long way. lol

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
This thread may not even last to E3.

I am looking forward to seeing what MS does next.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mostly lurk on the Nintendo side, but I love my Xbox One X and am really pumped to see what MS has in store for E3. Obsidian coming in house makes me really happy, New Vegas was one of my favorite games of the generation, and I'm planning to dive back into Sea of Thieves soon.

WastedDeer

Oct 27, 2017
Yay new OT! Don't post much but love these threads as they are one of the only places where you can have and read some decent Xbox talk.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Hey guys they gave me this adress to find the thread, was it right or did i get lost in my way?

Last edited:

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New thread smell!

I just jumped back into Sea of Thieves last night with some friends and holy wow! Rare has improved the game to an insane degree. Near launch we'd often hit a weird lull where we'd run out of things to do before returning to an outpost. Last night we started one mission and played for 3 hours. Along the way we ran into NPC skeleton crews, the Meg, found countless messages in bottles, destroyed Mermaid statues, and played around in a rowboat.

Major kudos to Rare here. I can see this being a 9/10 game once they add in that story-related quest system and PVP.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
And a new OP again! Goddamn the last one went by stupidly fast. I tried to keep up with it but every time I'd look away, it'd be 6 pages down.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
Why were the popular OT subtitle suggestions ignored? EDIT: Just honestly asking. Good job with the thread :)

Anyways, this is exciting! OT4 already... road to E3 I guess!

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

The year of The Coalition. Gears 4 is installed on my PC right now. So I'll be ready to go in Q3/Q4.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
here's my Gears 5 Campaign prediction.
- Kait's segments are Multiple open world esqe explorable areas, Metro exodus meets god of war.
- JD's segments are classic gears, linear shooters

story prediction
- JD is so focused on Kait becoming the queen and betraying her friends he isn't paying attention to himself.
- JD's arm is infected with a Locust Retro Virus and by the end of 5 JD will have become a Locust General Raam style figure

Gears 6
- will explore if theres anyway to save someone who has become a locust.
- kait will willing become the queen to see if she can save JD

- Marcus, if he isn't dead, will have to kill his son, now turned Locust horde commander
I don't really see how Marcus killing his son and losing the only family he has left would serve as a satisfying end to this trilogy.

Apr 6, 2018
So extra details for the OP Kaironaut
-343) notable person: Tom French , Jeff Easterling, Chris Lee, David ellis, Nicholas Bouvier, Paul Crocker, Tim Longo&Troy Mashburn(they worked on republic commando)
-The Coalition) they are 350 according to this video(2:11) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHHzSdqJbZs&feature=youtu.be
-Rare) add to notable person Joe Neate and Mike Chapman and they are close to 250 according to linkedin and their website(linkedin list 236 devs and they have 17 jobs opened)
-Playground a&b) Gavin Raeburn (studio director), ralph fulton and grant orban (game director and designer on the fh saga), plus the new hired staff(someone had to browse gameindusty.biz)
-Ninja Theory) Tameen antoniades, Melina Jurgens, Nina Kristensen, their staff count is about 140 and no mentions of the senua studio.
-The Initiative) Drew Murray is a note worthy person.
-Obsidian) Noteworthy persons: Chris Parker, Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, Josh Sawyer
-InXile) add information on the new orleans studio and noteworthy person list: george zeits and Kevin Saunders

No mentions at all of elbow rocket, lift london and casual games?

Status
Not open for further replies.