• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
Can someone tell me how changing the name of the Microsoft Plaza to the Xbox Plaza is significant. Also I suppose we will here about E3 on April inside Xbox.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
You're right I rewatched the demo and the way she used the left stick is so weird it messed with my mind, but it's not fake.
Like, they literally zoomed in on her playing the game. You don't zoom in if youre planning to be deceptive about marketing your product. That demo was real, and from what I can tell it was console quality with very little lag. Pretty crazy stuff.

Jan 4, 2018
The way some of y'all are talking about this subject comes off as harsh and some bullying ( in the console war sense). The one person said they didn't want to play on PC anymore and play on their Xbox. If that's what they prefer, why tell them to go to PC? If Xbox is gonna be a global brand like it wants to be, they should do more localization in smaller markets. A lot of people prefer consoles over oc, so let them have THEIR choice. Everytime I see this topic brought up it's like some of y'all try to gang up on people with different opinions than yourself. " what, you don't like choices" " it's not about plastic boxes anymore " " why wouldn't you want them to make more money for games".... just calm down with that shit any actually try to others opinions on the matter .
I agree that there's other ways to tell people you think they are wrong without making it seem like you're also implying they're stupid and of course everyone has its preferences and no one should tell anyone else "then you should play on PC" (or any other system for that matter).
That said, it's also true that if in a zone consoles have little penetration making games available where players are means more exposure, MS noticing they have customers in the zone and thus better localization efforts and with cross-play bigger player pools for online games, so there's really no downside for console players if the games are released on PC too, as with MS current strategy of getting Xbox (console) and PC ever more closer we all get to benefit from the bigger userbase
If what matters is how many people play your games then, I repeat, you may as well go third party. Release them on PS4 and switch and you will have tons of users playing your games.
What matters is how many people play your games in your ecosystem (XBL)
As an individual you do have all those options to access xbox platform regardless of where you are, just because of a certain option is less popular than another, it doesn't mean it's not available.

they are at the moment working on getting more 1st party games on xbox platform, as well as increase value for the game pass, which of these things the console gamers are missing out?

Your complaint is sound like by expanding their ecosystem to PC, it dimish the reason for people with a gaming PC to buy xbox console, but isn't that the whole point? that the people already have a piece of hardware capable to run Xbox games don't have to buy another hardware, that they can jump into the ecosystem right in.

Also, expand xbox ecosystem to more hardware is not equal to treating console games less, this is such an zero-sum mentality, a bigger xbox ecosystem/community is absolutely beneficial for everyone on xbox, regardless which hardware they are on, it would lead to more games and more robust service.
Also, people need to realize that is immensely more beneficial for MS if you spend 300 on games than on getting the hardware

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
Like, they literally zoomed in on her playing the game. You don't zoom in if youre planning to be deceptive about marketing your product. That demo was real, and from what I can tell it was console quality with very little lag. Pretty crazy stuff.
Thing is most won't give them benefit of the doubt, the beta whenever that happens is the going to be thing that people look to see if it actually works.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

So yea. The xCloud demo clearly was legit and on top no additional input lag recognizable, although FH4 isn't really a game where you could see input lag anyway.

What impressed me was the general quality of the running game so. Looked super crisp and console-like without any artifacts - at least from what you could see by the off-screen-camera.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Can someone tell me how changing the name of the Microsoft Plaza to the Xbox Plaza is significant. Also I suppose we will here about E3 on April inside Xbox.

It's not significant. It's an interesting marketing plan, but the Microsoft Theatre will still be the Microsoft Theatre.

The plaza between the E3 convention centre and the Microsoft Theater will be named Xbox Plaza. Don't think anyone will notice when they walk there.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Chill dude. Halo is big, but it isn't that big.
You are always complaining in this thread, whether it is about enthusiastic opinions or pipe dreams, always trying to downplay someone, i ask why.
Back on topic, Halo IS THAT BIG.
Do some research or something ffs, get out of your bubble, Halo 3, Halo Reach and Halo 4 were the best selling exclusives of all time in NA until last month, theres a premium TV series on the way, first than most videogame behemots, in His prime Halo was able to gather this crazy crowd

I dont know what else yo say, If thats not pokemon levels to you i dont know what else is.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

So yea. The xCloud demo clearly was legit and on top no additional input lag recognizable, although FH4 isn't really a game where you could see input lag anyway.

What impressed me was the general quality of the running game so. Looked super crisp and console-like without any artifacts - at least from what you could see by the off-screen-camera.

so, examples like this one (and the other in the other thread) demonstrate that it doesnt have to be fake, not that it was definitely real. now, obviously, that makes it much more likely to be real than not - but just pointing that out. in fact, if it WERE fake, this would be an easy way to make sure controller inputs didnt have to have a direct 1:1 visual match (for the sake of argument, i am convinced it was likely real now btw). either way though, it was a horrible demo potentially executed that way specifically to make any judgment about lag virtually impossible.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
It was weird not seeing Shannon when they showed all women of Xbox.

Does MSGP even still exists? It's gone completely silent and more recent partnerships have been handled internally buly the teams (battletoads and Gears Pop/Tactics)

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
They were the ones in charge of Crackdown 3.
I know they just released a game. But they seem to be operating on life support for a while with no new project announced.

And now she is not even appearing on a show dedicated to women despite being more well known than any other of them (at least for me, never heard or seen most of the ladies before)

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
I know they just released a game. But they seem to be operating on life support for a while with no new project announced.

And now she is not even appearing on a show dedicated to women despite being more well known than any other of them (at least for me, never heard or seen most of the ladies before)
They are still working on the AoE4 project and Ori 2. I know she was part of video were Bonnie Ross was inducted into the Hall of Fame. Maybe she was just busy or something.

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019

Is someone punching a speed bag behind him. How can a controller be that loud? My god he needs to relax

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
So According to Brad Sams Microsoft is going to mandate that all Xbox games must work with XCloud

Isn't that kind of the point? Everything they've showed us and said of XCloud is that it's just Xbox hardware running in data centers. There's optimization and an application layer, but the games are still running on Xboxes. So doesn't every Xbox game already inherently work on XCloud? Licensing and additional input modes not withstanding.

Jan 4, 2018
I think it will be all Xbox games must work with Xbox as a platform.

Meaning, if they ever bring Xbox natively to pc (which there are many evidence that they are trying) it will have the same games as well.
With how "cool" they've been lately with giving devs all the options they can I'd be surprised if they mandate anything.
I think it's more likely that they simply told devs that going forward games published on Xbox will be made available to any system able to access the platform.
Mandating (ordering) something is not the same as giving a heads-up in case some dev is not comfortable with that because they have other plans.

The most strange thing is Shannon is one of the "founders" of the women in gaming initiative so it was indeed strange for her not to be there, but I think the most possible reason is simply being too busy (At least I hope she is hahah)

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019
can anyone one give me a summary of inside xbox yesterday?...on the other hand are we still having this "exclusive argument" here again..jheez get a grip..xbox is now an ecosystem..i thought the discussion has been done on this severally..people regurgitating same points over and over again even after people offering them reasons not to be concerned is getting boring

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

very cool tech!

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
It was weird not seeing Shannon when they showed all women of Xbox.

Does MSGP even still exists? It's gone completely silent and more recent partnerships have been handled internally buly the teams (battletoads and Gears Pop/Tactics)

I don't know... Bonnie Ross was another founder, and she wasn't there. Hell, they even had Halo news.

It could just be that they wanted to give some focus to people within Xbox that we aren't familiar with, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
You are always complaining in this thread, whether it is about enthusiastic opinions or pipe dreams, always trying to downplay someone, i ask why

Because people sometimes say crazy stuff and they believe that crazy stuff. Then they get disappointed when the harsh truth hits them.

Halo isn't even close to Pokemon (nothing is pretty much).

Smash has sold over 12 million copies (that was end of January). So in just two months. Those lifetime sales are going to be crazy and Halo today doesn't even come to close what Smash can do.

Halo is big franchise in gaming, I am not denying that. Maybe it will some day rise to its glory days. MCC is going to sell really well on PC

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
so, examples like this one (and the other in the other thread) demonstrate that it doesnt have to be fake, not that it was definitely real. now, obviously, that makes it much more likely to be real than not - but just pointing that out. in fact, if it WERE fake, this would be an easy way to make sure controller inputs didnt have to have a direct 1:1 visual match (for the sake of argument, i am convinced it was likely real now btw). either way though, it was a horrible demo potentially executed that way specifically to make any judgment about lag virtually impossible.

I don't understand why they didn't use something like Halo 5 or Gears 4 to demo it. FH4 is maybe worst game to use as demo, FPS being best

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Because people sometimes say crazy stuff and they believe that crazy stuff. Then they get disappointed when the harsh truth hits them.

giphy.gif

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
I don't understand why they didn't use something like Halo 5 or Gears 4 to demo it. FH4 is maybe worst game to use as demo, FPS being best
That's exactly why is my thought. It's not ready for even public testing right now so they probably decided to show something that can demo the IQ but hide and small latency it may have.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Someone just posted a job opening related to MSGP though
what does that mean then?
lets see this conversation so far ...

Shannon wasn't in inside xbox!
HEY look, they posted a new job in MSGP

and the trajectory of this seems to go this way :
(negative narrative so far with any positive information for xbox)
"well that means she is getting fired because lets face it, crackdown 3 is bomba and its all her fault"
and another cycle begins .. sigh

Jan 4, 2018

Halo isn't even close to Pokemon (nothing is pretty much).

Smash has sold over 12 million copies (that was end of January). So in just two months. Those lifetime sales are going to be crazy and Halo today doesn't even come to close what Smash can do.

Halo is big franchise in gaming, I am not denying that. Maybe it will some day rise to its glory days. MCC is going to sell really well on PC
Let's agree to disagree.
Halo is Pokemon lvl in their respective home turf but Pokemon is bigger worldwide is an acceptable middle ground?

That said, and as one of the usual suspects when it comes to crazy theorycrafting, I appreciate your concern but it's not necessary.
I'm perfectly aware most of our theories are nothing more than wishful thinking.
But the thing is, it's fun.
And even with low spectations you can still be disappointed, might as well be disappointed because you dream big ;)

Jan 4, 2018
what does that mean then?
lets see this conversation so far ...

Shannon wasn't in inside xbox!
HEY look, they posted a new job in MSGP

and the trajectory of this seems to go this way :
(negative narrative so far with any positive information for xbox)
"well that means she is getting fired because lets face it, crackdown 3 is bomba and its all her fault"
and another cycle begins .. sigh
My thoughts were the exact opposite hahah
I would've liked to see her there because we haven't heard anything from her in a while and her being there might have prevented people wondering bad things about her

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
My thoughts were the exact opposite hahah
I would've liked to see her there because we haven't heard anything from her in a while and her being there might have prevented people wondering bad things about her
right many of us think like you but probably just lurk and then see the conversation of doom and gloom. never can have nice things for xbox, i mean there is a lot of good things from inside xbox but the focus is on what problem we can make out of it.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

Probably because Forza Horizon 4 came out most recently and is a graphical showcase. I don't think they are, at this point, as concerned about convincing people there won't be any lag. One that's hard to guarantee anyway, and two if they bigged that up on stage, great, but that only means there won't be lag on the wifi connection on the stage, which is who knows how good.

I think in the lead up to public trials they'll be more focused on showing that the games are in fact playable, and aren't being downgraded visually in order to work.

Public trials will be when we start getting real performance benchmarks and multiplayer latency impressions. Which to me is when that matters. I've always wished when a company demos a streaming service or a cloud service, they'd do it side by side with a speed test of the network, but like I said, I think that's not what they're trying to show yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.