• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
Outside of acquisitions or IP reboots, what are the biggest potential/dream announcements you guys would want in 2019?

Personally, Game Pass being 100% play anywhere is the endgame. I know it's in the cards, and an eventuality, but that just makes the wait for it more difficult.

Also Dreamcast BC, maybe in another universe
Mercenaries 3, or 1 and 2 Remastered! EA plz.

Quantum Break 2! Also Microsoft to buy Max Payne and let Remedy reboot it or make 4.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
About the reddit leak.

1. The hardware is partially true
  2. Storage is true
  3. Raytracing is true
  4. Lockhart is not Streaming box
  5. Xbox SoC codename is Anubis, check AMD's plan
  6. MS AI is not a part of the hardware, in other words, never heard of TPU or ASIC like it
  7. How to implement Raytracing? See GDC 2019
  8. Why they make a decision like Lockhart? See GDC 2019
  9. Why there still no DevKit? After GDC 2019
giphy.gif

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
About the reddit leak.

2. Storage is true
  3. Raytracing is true
  6. MS AI is not a part of the hardware, in other words, never heard of TPU or ASIC like it

You're an insider?
Anyways, that all makes sense.
And I'm most hyped about the SSD (hopefully NVMe protocol).
That would also reduce the footprint further. Imagine a console without a disk drive and without a 2.5 inch HDD.
For more storage there is always the external option, that is already well proven to this point.

This all makes only sense tho if they go with 2 version at launch. The more expensive one and the core / arcade console.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting read, Sony taking the leap first kind of makes sense but Microsoft won't want to be too far behind because once that starts to roll out it will be hard for themt to catch up. I do believe Microsoft will want to keep the power advantage from now on. Releasing Halo, Forza and Perfect Dark all at once seems overkill.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
343 better understanding the Xbox One's online system (with changes to it since 2014) so that changes to MCC could be made, realizing that with Infinite still a ways off they need to give the fans something to hold them over/rebuild their image amongst the hardcore fans, and the overall initiative of the Xbox ecosystem being forward-thinking in terms of the future.
Anyone have a copy of what the Reddit post actually said or is that still the same thing that Thurrot discussed and semi-debunked?

Various 343i devs said that they really wanted to own up and fix their mistakes, but they were likely not getting the ressources from MS. Heck, they weren't even allowed to comment on it for a while, not even the Franchise Director and that means something.

With the Xbox One X and various improvements to API's, toolkits, things like "intelligent Delivery" and etc. they got the perfect opportunity to approach it again. I'm also fairly convinced that Phil Spencer's visit at 343i had something to do with it, too, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Either way, it's really really good that they acknowledged the issue and ultimately fixed it. Pretty good to see that they actually have a dedicated team to still work on it and deliver some good updates. It really means a lot to Halo fans and hopefully 343i/MS/Xbox have learned that they can't just half-ass a franchise like Halo anymore.

Amazing. I am glad it turned around. MCC is a special package. It was sad to see how the legacy of Halo was treated.

SiassaDavid

Jun 15, 2018
Vienna, Austria
Probably nothing since I think Phil and Matt Booty would be handling aquisitions but it appears Aaron Greenberg and the Xbox CFO are visiting Microsoft France.
I remember Joseph Staten visiting France a few months ago, too. To me this seems like a Microsoft Studios Global Publishing game in dev there we don't know about yet.
So are Dontnod and Asobo wich would be better picks imo both quality wise

I think it's not a Microsoft Studios Global Publishing game but talk with Dontnod about an aquisition. Life is Strange (LiS), LiS Before the Storm and LiS 2 being on GamePass Day 1 are a sign. They are an indipendent developer with 3/5 games they developed on GamePass.

On another note - Do we know something about the Bandai Namco Game they are working on?

I really loved Remember Me and Vampyr - they are a studio that makes consistantly good games.

EDIT: Bandai Namco Game is Twin Mirrors - but the project after is "confidential"...

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Outside of acquisitions or IP reboots, what are the biggest potential/dream announcements you guys would want in 2019?

Personally, Game Pass being 100% play anywhere is the endgame. I know it's in the cards, and an eventuality, but that just makes the wait for it more difficult.

Also Dreamcast BC, maybe in another universe
Same answer as always: Banjo-Threeie / Banjo-Kazooie+Tooie remake

Edit: Woops. Didn't read the "IP reboot" part. Hmm. Then I'm going with the new lore/story quests coming to Sea of Thieves in 2019 being part of a larger single player friendly campaign.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's not a Microsoft Studios Global Publishing game but talk with Dontnod about an aquisition. Life is Strange (LiS), LiS Before the Storm and LiS 2 being on GamePass Day 1 are a sign. They are an indipendent developer with 3/5 games they developed on GamePass.

On another note - Do we know something about the Bandai Namco Game they are working on?

I really loved Remember Me and Vampyr - they are a studio that makes consistantly good games.

I been thinking about this too. It all makes sense..

They are very talented, and their games are perfect for GamePass.

Let them make a proper sequel to Life Is Strange with Chloe and Max, and watch everyone buy it a Xbox or play it on PC. ;-)

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium

EDIT: Bandai Namco Game is Twin Mirrors - but the project after is "confidential"...

Bless Unleashed? It is a xbox mmo based on the Bless Online universe.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
Was watching a stream of the opening of Resi 2 and noticed the Microsoft Corp branded Simplygon logo splashed across the screen on at the start(First time ive seen it this way). Completely forgot they acquired this and Havok a while back

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
You're an insider?
Anyways, that all makes sense.
And I'm most hyped about the SSD (hopefully NVMe protocol).
That would also reduce the footprint further. Imagine a console without a disk drive and without a 2.5 inch HDD.
For more storage there is always the external option, that is already well proven to this point.

This all makes only sense tho if they go with 2 version at launch. The more expensive one and the core / arcade console.
He was verified:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mi...-sold-off-by-now.75600/page-114#post-15501471

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
About the reddit leak.

2. Storage is true
  3. Raytracing is true

Hi CBOAT.

Pitchfork

Oct 28, 2017
England
About the reddit leak.

2. Storage is true
  3. Raytracing is true
Myavatar.gif

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
About the reddit leak.

2. Storage is true
  3. Raytracing is true
I'm a bit dissapointed, i was hoping for the Microsoft AI thing to be true, also,. Wasn't Anubis the PS5 codename? I tought Anubis was not that powerful

Oct 25, 2017
About the reddit leak.

2. Storage is true
  3. Raytracing is true

NVMe?
giphy.gif

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Can't wait to see RT games on the next Xbox :)
I really hope it's true. RT would power the "next gen" graphical wow moments that would make it not seem like just another mid-gen style upgrade.

I can imagine devs doing some really cool shit with RT in time, and it being in home consoles will ensure devs don't treat it as just an afterthought for PC gamers too.

That said, there's been no rumours of any RT in NAVI as far as I'm aware? And it would be a pretty big deal if the next Xbox gets RT and PS5 doesn't. I guess we'll find out in March at GDC - if RT is a big focus there as part of DirectX, then it would indicate it is indeed likely coming to the next Xbox.

Oct 26, 2017
If microsoft does acquire RELIC, it would be fantastic. I've been saying for a bit they would be a fantastic studio for gamepass microsofts lineup and hinterland'

and honestly.

Microsoft should get in talks with GAMESWORKSHOP, if they can get the rights to make some 40k games, (Armageddon) as a TPS, i would loose my shit

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
I have a question for all of you.

Seeing MCC getting updates in 2019 is just incredible. This game was dead. It is now not only fully alive, it is better than ever.

Do you think MS dedided to fix the game to rebuild the trust with the Xbox ecosystem, was it to push it on Gamepass, or was it simply the stars aligning at the perfect time?

The 180 with this game is just astonishing. Just lunacy to even fathom what MS was thinking of the Halo franchise a few years ago.

Both MCC and SoT are incredible stories. It's demonstrating a new credibility from this Xbox gaming team.

In late 2017, Spencer was promoted and the gaming division received more money. They doubled down on Rare. Invested in MCC. Gave Crackdown more than a year of more development time. I think in the old world, MCC is left half broken, Crackdown gets pushed out as is and SoT would've disappeared into the background.

Difference is support from the top to invest whatever it takes to re-establish the brand.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
Why would the next gen console have less TFs than the X? Seems like a marketing disaster, even despite the obvious increased CPU.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Why would the next gen console have less TFs than the X? Seems like a marketing disaster, even despite the obvious increased CPU.
Well, he says we'll understand why at GDC.

My guess is that both S and X will have the same CPU etc - the only difference will be the output resolution. The Scarlet S will have whatever GPU is needed to match the Scarlet X but at a quarter of the same resolution. I don't see how else it would work.

I'm sure the marketing focus will be on the premium box though, just as the focus was on Xbox 360 Premium at launch and not Xbox 360 Arcade.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
If Anaconda pulls off Ray Tracing to compliment a Zen 2 CPU that will allow for next generation of physics, animations and AI, that's a hefty leap over even the X. Really wasn't expecting ray tracing until the mid gen refresh in 2023.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
dont see anything on that page that verifies hiim
Then stop using Resetera in peasant mode, and change your view to 100 posts per page, then the link will work.
Where an how is he verified/credible?
I've already posted the link to the post where he was verified above.

EDIT: Here's the link for those on the default 50 posts per page: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mi...-sold-off-by-now.75600/page-227#post-15501471
Just a quick note that we were able to verify this poster and the content of their posts.

Last edited:

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
About the reddit leak.

2. Storage is true
  3. Raytracing is true
verified insider huh

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Things are getting really interesting in here...after the Xbox One it was obvious MS was going back to the drawing board with a huge R&D budget... to make sure they deliver an amazing piece of hardware next gen and so far Scarlet looks to be something really special.

Status
Not open for further replies.