• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Reviews are bullshit, uncharted 4 had a big momentum than vanished while gears 4 still has a big playerbase

ehh I know that uncharted has a MP but thats not what the game is about compared to Gears... of course gears would have more players now. That doesn't mean uncharted didn't review better, sell better or is generally a better game (all things that are generally believed to be true).

and I am a big fan of Gears of War 4.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
In addition to discussing next-gen, it would be nice if we could just get one small peek at what a next-gen Xbox game will look like.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Seems like Bethesda /Zenimax has been playing around with game pass a bit, putting newer and newer games on there. I'm thinking they're going to be launching a new game on game pass day one. Maybe the next Wolfestein or Doom Eternal. Mark it, I'm going all in.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Seems like Bethesda /Zenimax has been playing around with game pass a bit, putting newer and newer games on there. I'm thinking they're going to be launching a new game on game pass day one. Maybe the next Wolfestein or Doom Eternal. Mark it, I'm going all in.

If Arkane is really making a game heavily inspired by The Crossing, that would probably be the best candidate. Still feels very unlikely to me.

Apr 6, 2018
ehh I know that uncharted has a MP but thats not what the game is about compared to Gears... of course gears would have more players now. That doesn't mean uncharted didn't review better, sell better or is generally a better game (all things that are generally believed to be true).

and I am a big fan of Gears of War 4.
I'm just tired of a comparison between a tps and an action game with occasional shooting sequences. Plus Uncharted is the emblem of what I hate in modern gaming

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
I will continue to maintain that if executed properly, Gears could become a huge franchise on PC. It seems to have so many of the trappings of a major PC title (high skill ceiling, challening 'hardcore' gameplay, numerous modes/flavours of play, great fit for Esports, etc.)

Design a competent singleplayer (in its own right - not just to tick a box), keep the skill-based competitive multiplayer, implement some casual modes, overhaul the progression system (or in other words, less egregious microtransactions), chuck it on Steam, and add mod/map-maker support.

Apr 6, 2018

One thing I REALLY love in SoT is that every single element added has something unique, a gimmick that ties it to the rest of the game in a particular way.

I will continue to maintain that if executed properly, Gears could become a huge franchise on PC. It seems to have so many of the trappings of a major PC title (high skill ceiling, challening 'hardcore' gameplay, numerous modes/flavours of play, great fit for Esports, etc.)

Design a competent singleplayer (in its own right - not just to tick a box), keep the skill-based competitive multiplayer, implement some casual modes, overhaul the progression system (or in other words, less egregious microtransactions), chuck it on Steam, and add mod/map-maker support.
IDK about the map maker, gears has to tie every element of the map to animations, devs always talk how it's way more difficult to design a map for that franchise, maybe it will be done maybe not.
One thing that pc gamers don't enjoy in gears is that the skill is more in the movement than in the aim, I've played with several pc gamers friend and all of them claimed that the gameplay was designed to be a console shooter rather than a pc one. Of course there are many succesful pc tps, like the division 2, but none of them requires the skill movement of gears.
About the sp, obviusly better than not(although I stated severl times that the competent way that 5 took is a scam) but for the success of the competitive scene is pretty irrelevant

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
I was looking at blue dragon ( idek why just was) and came across this old article about blue dragon
http://gamesbulletin.uk/xbox-head-says-never-say-never-on-blue-dragon-sequel/amp/
Blue Dragon already had two direct sequels.
Blue_dragon_awakened_shadow.jpg

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Aug 26, 2018
Can't even imagine how FH5 will look on next gen hardware :) There's still the second DLC for FH4 to come out. Do we have any idea what it might be like? I'm hoping for something akin to the Hot Wheels DLC

They will have 3 years unlike previous entries when they launch in Fall 2021.

I predict Japan, Story Mode and RTX goodness.

However, the 2 DLCs they do usually won't be enough since its a longer time between the games, they need to keep pushing lot more content updates well into 2020 atleast which I'm confident they will.

Last edited:

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
[IDK about the map maker, gears has to tie every element of the map to animations, devs always talk how it's way more difficult to design a map for that franchise, maybe it will be done maybe not.
No doubt designing maps is exceptionally challenging, particularly for Gears where every vertical surface represents cover. Though this difficulty is purely a hurdle. If you put mod-tools in into the hands of an audience of millions, you're guaranteed to get some diamonds of design. But more importantly than competently designed competitive spaces, you'll get absurd concepts that a paid employee could never generate. Games like CSGO, TF2, Minecraft, and Black Ops 3 had an extremely long tail, and continue to generate millions of viral views purely through zany mod content.
One thing that pc gamers don't enjoy in gears is that the skill is more in the movement than in the aim, I've played with several pc gamers friend and all of them claimed that the gameplay was designed to be a console shooter rather than a pc one. Of course there are many succesful pc tps, like the division 2, but none of them requires the skill movement of gears.
Perhaps, but I still disagree. Gears 1 had a small but cult following on PC that predated this Esports and Twitch explosion, and it wasn't really an issue here.

I have heard these complaints before from PC players, but personally I believe they're misdiagnosing the problem, which is principally that Gears has an incredibly high skill floor. I don't think it's a hard game for PC gamers to play - it's that it's just hard game to get into period. When you first start in Gears multi you either spend your time shooting peas into bullet-sponge enemies from afar, or dieing instantly to a seemingly janky shotgun blast. It's super unfulfilling. I think many newcomers fall off Gears purely because the depth and nuance of the combat system isn't in your face.

About the sp, obviusly better than not(although I stated severl times that the competent way that 5 took is a scam) but for the success of the competitive scene is pretty irrelevant
I disagree, though mainly because I think you need to capture the casual market -> then you can build and sustain a competitive scene.. 'Come for the Campaign, Stay for the Multiplayer' is a tactic vindicated 100 times over. If you want to penetrate the mass market, a Campaign (or whatever is the fad at the moment e.g. BR) seems almost essential.

While a comical example, if Gears 5 were as well-received as The Last of Us, you'd be guaranteed an enormous PC audience.

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
I am in for MS to tease one or two nex-gen games. Then full gameplay next E3 or during a Scarlet reveal. We want games, everyone expects games, so give them.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Nice! I got new internet to my home and got "free" Xbox One S 1TB with it. Well I agreed for 2 year deal for that internet, but anyway! Finally i can play Xbox games at home and not on my friends and relatives.

Is there any gamepass deals going right now btw? I'm only planning using gamepass and maybe XCloud once it comes.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
"I want teams to work on whatever they want to work on, and it's okay for someone to be disappointed when it isn't something they wold be interested in."

Thank you for backing me up.

Guys, it's fine that Ninja Theory is making the game they want to make. But I am particularly disappointed if it's a multiplayer game because Hellblade is my game of the generation. I wanted to play their next single player narrative game to see how it would stack up to Hellblade.

However, someone else in the thread said Ninja Theory May be working on as many as 3 games right now; they have multiple teams.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Thank you for backing me up.

Guys, it's fine that Ninja Theory is making the game they want to make. But I am particularly disappointed if it's a multiplayer game because Hellblade is my game of the generation. I wanted to play their next single player narrative game to see how it would stack up to Hellblade.

However, someone else in the thread said Ninja Theory May be working on as many as 3 games right now; they have multiple teams.
They have multiple teams being lead by different people with different creative visions.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
With both this and the "all access" programme, it's pretty clear that these things are for testing out waters, next gen is probably where we see them doubling down on these things.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

This stuff gives me life man. I'm in a discord with several people that worked on the original Fable and every now and then a feature comes up that was planned for or removed from the original Fable, it's pretty wild.

I didn't know ex-LionHead devs were working on a new game. That's super cool to see!

If you love Fable, or if you love Stardew Valley, don't sleep on Kyneseed. I really hope it comes to consoles.

tbassett

Jan 8, 2019
So why release it? they want to change their Market towards more digital but with this price i don't think so

I'd think if it more as dipping your toe in the water. What kind of consumer reaction does it have. How many do they sell, etc. I'm a little disappointed with the price. Was hoping 199 myself.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017
This console should be $199 (it's not that far though) and include 3 months of game pass at least.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
I don't know why people rule out $199 at all.
This is 70€ below EU MSRP and the EU price includes VAT
So $199 for the US market is still possible. Also you get 3 great games.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
200 is reasonable. It is a question, though, of what MS is trying to do with this console. We really have next to no idea. Given how little they're advertising this, even though it's clearly been ready to talk about generally for a while, they don't necessarily want this to grab all of the attention and turn the industry over. I assume. But I don't know, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.