• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Game was super rough when it first launched, if I remember correctly. Crashed on me a bunch, was long to load, and bad framerate.

Going to download it and try it tonight. Love casual games for achievements on PC.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Remember back when I said Electric Square is working on a Forza game "99.9%"?

Well, it took some time lol, but that was correct.

lbznfsoqpfs21.png
giphy.gif

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The circle of life.
Also I'm not sure yet if I should be hyped about the Lion King remake or not. Since we're off topic anyways

The original Disney movie is the first thing I remember seeing in the movies as a kid. Probably not the first thing I saw but it's one I have a clear memory of. My fiancé also has connections to that movie, thus we're seeing it practically by default. Looks good to me, very faithful, we'll see how it goes though.

As for Forza Street... I'm fine with this rebranding, though I yet have to play the game. I know people like to make fun of Microsoft's "every other game is Gears/Halo/Forza/Fable" thing, but Nintendo slapping Mario or Zelda everywhere doesn't generate the same hilarity, and it actually contributes to better sales on quality products from different genres. I don't think slapping Forza on an already Microsoft racer is a bad idea at all.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Super clever to release it on iOS and Android. Just like Gears Pop, this will easily rise brand awareness for the franchise as a whole, even if I understand these kind of games aren't what people want to see here.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super clever to release it on iOS and Android. Just like Gears Pop, this will easily rise brand awareness for the franchise as a whole, even if I understand these kind of games aren't what people want to see here.

It works in reverse, too. Recognizable brand names can often act as a "tell" in mobile app stores for what's hot garbage asset flip and what's not.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
I play the game daily, so I'm going to be happy to play the game on iOS also

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It works in reverse, too. Recognizable brand names can often act as a "tell" in mobile app stores for what's hot garbage asset flip and what's not.
Sure. That's true. But to be honest, the game isn't "hot garbage" imo. Graphically it looks pretty good, even if I agree that gameplay itself is rather basic and simple. But it kinda fits for a mobile game. Even the user ratings with 4 out of 5 stars are actually pretty solid.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure. That's true. But to be honest, the game isn't "hot garbage" imo. Graphically it looks pretty good, even if I agree that gameplay itself is rather basic and simple. But it kinda fits for a mobile game. Even the user ratings with 4 out of 5 stars are actually pretty solid.

I didn't mean to imply that it's garbage, just that it both boosts brand awareness and attracts people to the game already somewhat familiar with the brand that might otherwise never have tapped on "Miami street"

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I wanted to float an idea of a Forza game developed by the Motorsport team.

It would be called Forza Fusion or Forza Fuzion.

Premise: The track based Motorsport imagined 50-100 years from now or more as long as it allows the team to come up with crazy technological developments while acknowledging how it would be sold to racing fans in the future.

The reason i want it done by FMS is because i want it developed with the same crazy attention to detail (like affect of surface anomalies on different type or tires etc) so it seems plausible yet different. I also imaging that the team already has some insight on the development of Motorsport technology and can take it a probable path.

Some of the ideas that i came up could be sort of abilities, that can be earned or researched through the game.
  • speed thrusters sort of modified NOS (once per race)
  • nanobots for repair (once per race) OR
  • improved gyro pod for drivers (just replace pod within the body of the vehicle), moving independent of the body of the vehicle
    • this can possibly allow crazier scenarios, sort of destruction derby
    • each player has three vehicle bodies per race
    • justify crazy racing while maintaining safety of drivers (it might be future but health and safety hasn't gone anywhere)
  • break thrusters
  • omni-directional wheels
  • hidden geometry plus ways only visible under special headlights which have short duration of use
  • Hover mode for vehicles (only for certain models and can be used for short duration) when driving over puddles or icy conditions
  • races within neon clad city centers with race paths created through energy barriers, including crazy turns due to modified speeding and breaking technology
  • specially design updates on existing tracks to accommodate these futuristic vehicles
  • energy barriers around the car for guarding against an impact turn, but then it might impact the acceleration of the car since the energy usage will suddenly spike draining the batteries (if electric say)
  • and of course crazy light and body customisation which will have risk and reward. Something might make the car go fast but will make it structurally weak
    • you can select a soundtrack for your car which makes appropriate light changes as you are driving.
Once again all of that with a view of it being possible rather than fantastic because there will probably be arcade games which have these ideas/concepts.

Also, the racing to be done deep bass soundtracks rather than the normally MSP soundtracks.

What do you guys think?

• hidden geometry plus ways only visible under special headlights which have short duration of use

that would be interesting to see.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
It seems like a perfect fit for mobile. A casual game to play every now and then and get some achievements along the way. This is exactly the kind of game I look for on mobile.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Has it improved since the launch? How are the achievements and so on?
Yep they have changed a lot since launch! The core game remains the same, so if you don't like that then you still don't like the game. They have overhauled pretty much everything market wise and upgrade wise though for the better.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Yep they have changed a lot since launch! The core game remains the same, so if you don't like that then you still don't like the game. They have overhauled pretty much everything market wise and upgrade wise though for the better.
Excellent, I'll jump on tonight to give it a try! I liked the gameplay, nice casual game on the go. But performance was a mess for me.

Thanks!

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
Since we're talking about mobile games again....

I still want Halo: Spartan Strike on Xbox One! I wonder what kept them from releasing it on console. Did Spartan Assault sell poorly on them?

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Is there a good Twitter account or somewhere to get Game Preview updates?

Just was curious...esp. excited for Hunt Showdown and interested when it'll hit GP...game looks awesome.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the Hunt Showdown release will be an Inside Xbox announcement or E3 drop. Really looking forward to playing it as well.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Considering how much of their E3 leaked last year (the verge were reporting about it as early as March iirc) and how things like Obsidian being acquired got out they're clearly coming down hard internally and making sure nothing gets out.
What leaked from their E3 presentation lat year? I remember it being pretty quiet...

Deleted member 19924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Watching the Gears 5 trailer again, I hope it doesn't get downgraded. It looks too good in that E3 pre-release kinda way.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Watching the Gears 5 trailer again, I hope it doesn't get downgraded. It looks too good in that E3 pre-release kinda way.

Meant to watch their E3 conference again over the weekend but binged on GoT for a refresher...gonna watch it again tonight probably, one of my fav. of all time. Can't believe I'm excited and hyped for Gears & Halo again.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I wanted to float an idea of a Forza game developed by the Motorsport team.

It would be called Forza Fusion or Forza Fuzion.

Premise: The track based Motorsport imagined 50-100 years from now or more as long as it allows the team to come up with crazy technological developments while acknowledging how it would be sold to racing fans in the future.

The reason i want it done by FMS is because i want it developed with the same crazy attention to detail (like affect of surface anomalies on different type or tires etc) so it seems plausible yet different. I also imaging that the team already has some insight on the development of Motorsport technology and can take it a probable path.

Some of the ideas that i came up could be sort of abilities, that can be earned or researched through the game.
  • speed thrusters sort of modified NOS (once per race)
  • nanobots for repair (once per race) OR
  • improved gyro pod for drivers (just replace pod within the body of the vehicle), moving independent of the body of the vehicle
    • this can possibly allow crazier scenarios, sort of destruction derby
    • each player has three vehicle bodies per race
    • justify crazy racing while maintaining safety of drivers (it might be future but health and safety hasn't gone anywhere)
  • break thrusters
  • omni-directional wheels
  • Hover mode for vehicles (only for certain models and can be used for short duration) when driving over puddles or icy conditions
  • races within neon clad city centers with race paths created through energy barriers, including crazy turns due to modified speeding and breaking technology
  • specially design updates on existing tracks to accommodate these futuristic vehicles
  • energy barriers around the car for guarding against an impact turn, but then it might impact the acceleration of the car since the energy usage will suddenly spike draining the batteries (if electric say)
  • and of course crazy light and body customisation which will have risk and reward. Something might make the car go fast but will make it structurally weak
    • you can select a soundtrack for your car which makes appropriate light changes as you are driving.
Once again all of that with a view of it being possible rather than fantastic because there will probably be arcade games which have these ideas/concepts.

Also, the racing to be done deep bass soundtracks rather than the normally MSP soundtracks.

What do you guys think?
Soooooo Speed Racer then? Haha, I loved the original series, and I will defend the Wachoswki movie to the ends of the earth. I would love a game in that visual style - crazy tracks, jumps, takedowns, but all with a touch of physics to ground it in reality. Hot Wheels expansion turned to 16. Yea, it would be cool to see Turn 10 take on an arcade track racer. It would be quite a departure from their wheelhouse though, I think. They'd have to work on destruction and making that feel good, two things they really haven't had to do/haven't been allowed to do in Motorsport.

The real question is whether the car people studio is actually willing to make a game that is so divorced from the daily joys of driving per se. Hard to know, but I agree it would be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.