• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
PS4 is already a fantastic system and they removed 2 of the biggest bottle-necks, the CPU and Back Compat.

Can't wait for Xbox to show their next gen plans this E3.

Correct, the PS4 is a fantastic console and I have zero doubts the PS5 will be any different. I'm merely pointing out that I didn't see any hints that came out of left field that really surprised me.

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
We are already so close to E3, I hope nothing Xbox related gets leaked before the conference. I have waited for over 10 months. I got less than 2 months to go.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Scarlett's BC is across all 3 gens.
YOrZnGB.gif

Klobrille just sent me something that I can't elaborate on for security reasons, but it does appear to be legit to the best of my knowledge.
Anaconda, the flagship in the market, titled "Best Performance".

Damn what a crazy day! E3 draws closer folks!

We are already so close to E3, I hope nothing Xbox related gets leaked before the conference. I have waited for over 10 months. I got less than 2 months to go.

Same here, I hope nothing gets leaked at all.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Halo Infinite is definitely super planned for 2020 at this point. The Yboy will be a super mega computer. Minecraft movie still happening and still live action for some reason. Microsoft to acquire Hormel. Anything I miss?

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
Damn what a crazy day! E3 draws closer folks!

Same here, I hope nothing gets leaked at all.
Oh I'm sure things will get leaked, but I sure hope its limited.

A new controller or something? Sure, I'm fine with that being leaked.

Hopefully none of the software will get leaked though (or at least nothing not previously announced).

XVerdena

Oct 28, 2017
If anaconda is more powerful and at the same price of PS5, good

If it's more powerful and more expensive than PS5, not good

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
If anaconda is more powerful and at the same price of PS5, good

If it's more powerful and more expensive than PS5, not good
PS5 can be more powerful and more expensive than Lockhart, but cheaper and less powerful than Anaconda (or the same price)

I dont really see that as an issue. Xbox will have both the most expensive (or equivalent), and cheapest option on the market.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
I'm really curious about anaconda's load times now. You just know this will be a stat to compare the two in Future DF videos

Deltoid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
I don't see how Anaconda being more expensive than the PS5 can be an issue, as long as there's a cheaper option, which is what everyone is expecting...

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
The only revelation in the PS5 reveal today was 3D audio. If it allows for a surround sound experience out of TV speakers that'll be really great for me.

Otherwise the lack of numbers means the reveal was nothing new to me.

At least we know that PS5 is an APU. If the Anaconda is non-apu then it has better perf by default.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I do wonder if the Anaconda is much more powerful then the PS5, how expensive will it be?

A lot of chatter around the internet is the PS5 is looking to be 499. Will Anaconda match that, or go to the danger price of 599?

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
I hate when the thread gets this way. We start getting hyped about speculating about nothing and wondering what the nothing means. I go through and try to find what we are hyping about and there is nothing. ThePS5 stuff was baffling though. Why talk about it like that so soon. What is happening today?! I just don't understand!

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I hate when the thread gets this way. We start getting hyped about speculating about nothing and wondering what the nothing means. I go through and try to find what we are hyping about and there is nothing. ThePS5 stuff was baffling though. Why talk about it like that so soon. What is happening today?! I just don't understand!

There are new consoles imminent from Sony and MS. They will likely be powerful and expensive and have fancy gubbins inside.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
The hype is about insiders claiming that Anaconda is going to be the most powerful console, that's pretty much it.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
If you think PS5 Specs is interesting, then insiders with a good track history claiming Xbox is even more powerful would be interesting as well.

Not sure why you would consider that nothing.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
It'd be crazy if MS releases the more powerful console at the same price as PS5 and then launches a stripped down budget console as well.

Wonder if they'd take the hit on the higher end model...

Jan 4, 2018
I was thinking, with E3 at the beginning of june, does it lean tonight's will be the last IX preE3?

Idk if they'll have much more to announce in the following 7 weeks (yup, only seven weeks!)

If there's still one in may and there's anything mid/big (GP Ultimate would be big in my eyes, as it would be the disk-less Xbox, release for Gears POP would be mildly exciting but exciting nonetheless) on both may's and tonight's I can't imagine the hype the weeks before E3 hahaha

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Who would even know enough about both consoles to make that kind of judgement? Not many people in the world could have that info.
Watch my wording. I said "MS aims to" have the most powerful console on the market. I don't need to know anything about PS5 if this is written in their own roadmap.

I'm not a clairvoyant. Not even the companies themselves today know the -exact- raw numbers they will hit in over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.