• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hav7n

Apr 2, 2018
There must be a reason why Sony didn't mention anything about memory, tflops, clocks on gpu and cpu, don't you think?

4GB more RAM and 2tflops more make Xbox One X superior console to playstation 4 pro even that both platforms are based on the same architecture. I don't downplay Sony cuz specs look impressive (especially SSD and loading times) but final product could be anything as far as power goes.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
There must be a reason why Sony didn't mention anything about memory, tflops, clocks on gpu and cpu, don't you think?

4GB more RAM and 2tflops more make Xbox One X superior console to playstation 4 pro even that both platforms are based on the same architecture. I don't downplay Sony cuz specs look impressive (especially SSD and loading times) but final product could be anything as far as power goes.

They didn't mention any numbers at all, did they? I doubt it's anything more than certain numbers being tweaked. Both PS4 RAM and X1 clocksprefs got changed closer to release.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017

yeah, because they would want to announce it directly from them.

More Butter

Banned
Jun 12, 2018
Watch my wording. I said "MS aims to" have the most powerful console on the market. I don't need to know anything about PS5 if this is written in their own roadmap.

I'm not a clairvoyant. Not even the companies themselves today know the -exact- raw numbers they will hit in over a year.

Man, i haven't even seen what you said. I'm just getting worn out because this next gen hype cycle seems to be going on and on. I'm ready for concrete info I'm ready to see new games. I'm just ready for E3.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Watch my wording. I said "MS aims to" have the most powerful console on the market. I don't need to know anything about PS5 if this is written in their own roadmap.

I'm not a clairvoyant. Not even the companies themselves today know the -exact- raw numbers they will hit in over a year.

I think both companies will try to eak out more power over the next year, but who will be willing to eat more of the cost of doing so, I think MS.

Oct 27, 2017
Knowing the PS5 specs it would be madness for Microsoft's Anaconda to be even more powerful. What would they even do with all of that power? Would devs be able to control it? Seriously though, exciting times ahead for E3 this year I wonder just how big a loss on hardware is Microsoft willing to stand even with the knowledge of a lower, mass market SKU to gain that edge.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
With MS going for the most powerful machine just imagine what devs they have will be able to push off O.o FH5, Gears 6, Halo Infinite, NT new game, FM8, Fable, and all the other dev ips!

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017

That makes good sense. Just to clarify, does this documentation indicate something along the lines of "Microsoft aims to CLEARLY have the most powerful console" on the market? as I believe that an earlier post of yours included the word "clearly" that I have highlighted?

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Knowing the PS5 specs it would be madness for Microsoft's Anaconda to be even more powerful. What would they even do with all of that power? Would devs be able to control it? Seriously though, exciting times ahead for E3 this year I wonder just how big a loss on hardware is Microsoft willing to stand even with the knowledge of a lower, mass market SKU to gain that edge.

I don't think it will be THAT more powerful.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
I mean this "powerful" thing doesnt come from the sky. I mean look at the Scorpio teaser and even more the reveal of Xbox One X. Spencer also said during that E3 that Xbox is associated with power and that was lost with the OG Xbox One. X was the first step. Next gen is the next one.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That makes good sense. Just to clarify, does this documentation indicate something along the lines of "Microsoft aims to CLEARLY have the most powerful console" on the market? as I believe that an earlier post of yours included the word "clearly" that I have highlighted?
Yes.

But again, I don't know how this will mirror in raw numbers.

I expect Anaconda to be more expensive than PS5, hence they can put in more power, with Lockhart being the cheaper alternative.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

But again, I don't know how this will mirror in raw numbers.

I expect Anaconda to be more expensive than PS5, hence they can put in more power, with Lockhart being the cheaper alternative.

Again, that makes perfect sense. Do you have any thought in terms of overall performance that Lockhart may be designed to be compared to the PS5? I am all in on Anaconda day one because I am crazy, but I still think that Lockhart option could be a compelling piece of their next gen strategy if done right.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
So Sony officially announces the PS5 along with some specs in April 2019, I assume MS will do the same come June 2019.
Do we think Sony will aim for Spring 2020 release to beat MS to launch?

Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Sup guys, any new.....s?

giphy-20-9.gif

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
with the Xbox One digital and disc drive sku's along with the new sku's for next gen. The Xbox ecosystem is going to hit every price point.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I simply don't know, sorry.

Without any evidence I personally expect something like Lockhart $300 - 400 and Anaconda $500.

Yeah there's too many moving pieces to be able to definitively call anything right now, I would just be surprised to see either go above $499 and I wrongly thought Sony would go for $399. It's an interesting eighteen months ahead for sure, lol.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I hate when the thread gets this way. We start getting hyped about speculating about nothing and wondering what the nothing means. I go through and try to find what we are hyping about and there is nothing. ThePS5 stuff was baffling though. Why talk about it like that so soon. What is happening today?! I just don't understand!
Well. Small conspiracy theory. Imagine the FANTASTIC press they get today when MS releases their all digital console in a few hours. Sony has the awesome new stuff, while Microsoft is still trying to sell you the same old crap again. With less features! And a ridiculously high price! (hope not).

That's as good a reason as any to release some not very impactful news about your new console that everyone knows is coming. Personally, I'm not even that interested in the 3d audio. I mean. Xbox already has Atmos support. Both companies do 3d audio with VR (I think psvr supports it..) and MR. If we're listening to the MS Research stuff, Xbox is already working on spatial audio - getting able to map sound to the environment (in game!).

The one thing that really excites me is the SSD. But even so, we don't know what they did to make Spiderman load faster. It's this a super bespoke implementation? Will all devs see 19x improvements? Or will it be more like 1.75x in practice?

At this point, I'm very encouraged and excited for PS5. But Sony really didn't tell us anything. Which makes it not impossible that this is a counter play. I expect more of these shots in the coming months.

Kolbe1894

Oct 25, 2017
Well. Small conspiracy theory. Imagine the FANTASTIC press they get today when MS releases their all digital console in a few hours. Sony has the awesome new stuff, while Microsoft is still trying to sell you the same old crap again. With less features! And a ridiculously high price! (hope not).

That's as good a reason as any to release some not very impactful news about your new console that everyone knows is coming. Personally, I'm not even that interested in the 3d audio. I mean. Xbox already has Atmos support. Both companies do 3d audio with VR (I think psvr supports it..) and MR. If we're listening to the MS Research stuff, Xbox is already working on spatial audio - getting able to map sound to the environment (in game!).

The one thing that really excites me is the SSD. But even so, we don't know what they did to make Spiderman load faster. It's this a super bespoke implementation? Will all devs see 19x improvements? Or will it be more like 1.75x in practice?

At this point, I'm very encouraged and excited for PS5. But Sony really didn't tell us anything. Which makes it not impossible that this is a counter play. I expect more of these shots in the coming months.
You know, MS announce next gen console with vague details first lol.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
You know, MS announce next gen console with vague details first lol.
Lol yes. Not a dig at Sony. I think this is really smart. It takes what could be a very positive announcement for Microsoft that would threaten the traditional strengths of Playstation in relation to Microsoft going into the future, and makes it immediately less exciting than the far off New Thing from Sony.

I have no problem with companies building hype on nothing. We just have to be clear eyed about it.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
Seems MS is confident of their power.
With MS going for the most powerful machine just imagine what devs they have will be able to push off O.o FH5, Gears 6, Halo Infinite, NT new game, FM8, Fable, and all the other dev ips!
Yes very exciting. But nothing compares to these two words why I will be on Xbox gaming systems for a very long time. GAME PASS. It trumps everything else for me.

Deltoid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
no. pcie4 sshd is most likely. i hope xbox has a similar solution though, should be good, just not 19x good.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
I doubt they will go over $499, they will probably eat the costs for a while to prevent the price to be over $499. The money will come from the Lockhart + XGP subs.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Ugh. This feels like way too early for the next-gen hype cycle to start. We won't even have these consoles in our hand for another 18 months. I'd much rather see Microsoft and Sony focus on closing out this generation strong.

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure how anyone can see what happened with the Xbox One S and Xbox One X and not assume that at the very least, in the case scenario, Microsoft will match Sony in terms of specs in the next gen.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
so what do we think these unannounced titles could be??

during the briefing, you'll have a chance to check out everything from trailers for unannounced titles coming in 2019 and beyond

Also look forward to what ever else they drop before ;)

Stay tuned for more information in the coming weeks, as these are just a few of the activities Xbox has planned for E3 2019!

https://majornelson.com/2019/04/16/all-things-xbox-at-e3-2019/

Status
Not open for further replies.