• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
So its save to say Gamebar is getting a big push on the PC side in terms how friends etc are handled. Dont think the Xbox app is gonna be pushed forward as the "storefront" for W10 gaming anymore.
All we need to know is how they gonna handle the buying etc. As that needs the biggest overhaul.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

I mean, going from what he said to what you said is a bit of a leap. We know literally nothing about the direction of the game, and all Matt said was that he's excited for it. I'm not disagreeing with you that Fable has a fan base, I don't think you'd believe me if I did, but think Fable is still miles away from a reveal, anything more than a tiny little tease.

Showing a next gen Fable is more valuable than wasting resources on a tech demo, imo. If you're gonna show a trailer of something anyway.

I don't think Playground would be the team to show a tech-demo, since they're probably working on Unreal, if Microsoft wanted to show off new tech and hardware, I'd expect either 343i or Turn10 to be the ones to do it, and if they want to show a demo of Unreal on new hardware they'd probably have The Coalition light it up.

Last edited:

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
I not expecting a Fable tease until E3 2020. Didn't they just hire a bunch of the team last year? I still think it's a 2021 or 2022 release at the earliest.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Please god no tech demos, either show the game or don't show anything at all, people don't have the time or patience to listen to devs waffle about nothing on stage, last year was a prime example of how to do a conference just stick to that.

Nope i love tech demos, and if its PG's next game then hell yeah!!

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
I mean, going from what he said to what you said is a bit of a leap. We know literally nothing about the direction of the game, and all Matt said was that he's excited for it. I'm not disagreeing with you that Fable has a fan base, I don't think you'd believe me if I did, but think Fable is still miles away from a reveal, anything more than a tiny little tease.

I don't think Playground would be the team to show a tech-demo, since they're probably working on Unreal, if Microsoft wanted to show off new tech and hardware, I'd expect either 343i or Turn10 to be the ones to do it, and if they want to show a demo of Unreal on new hardware they'd probably have The Coalition light it up.

"Take" and "Direction" is pretty much a synonym. If anything Matt's actual comment is more exciting.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

But again, I don't know how this will mirror in raw numbers.

I expect Anaconda to be more expensive than PS5, hence they can put in more power, with Lockhart being the cheaper alternative.

Out of curiosity, if Sony goes 499, do you think MS would still go higher just so they can put in more power?

I ask because I had the expectation Sony would go 399 again. But after yesterday's reveals, I'm less sure of that.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Out of curiosity, if Sony goes 499, do you think MS would still go higher just so they can put in more power?

I ask because I had the expectation Sony would go 399 again. But after yesterday's reveals, I'm less sure of that.
As long as Lockhart is comparable in power to the PS5 and cheaper, then Anaconda can be priced at whatever the heck MS wants.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017

Lockhart gives them room to go for what they want. I also think its why they're experimenting with a discless Xbox, to cut price down.

Lockhart at $400. Anaconda could be $500, $550, or $600. It wont be suicide like the PS3's launch because Lockhart is coming to. For all we know, Lockhart could be $500 and Anaconda could be $600. Not too long to go.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I can see them showing a pg tech reel similar to what they did for HI with something that is distinctly fable at the end. then later do a in depth dive it

Something that could never happen time but what if lockhart is as powerful as the ps5 and anaconda is more powerful then both. lol

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
"Take" and "Direction" is pretty much a synonym. If anything Matt's actual comment is more exciting.

I mean I guess you're not wrong, but what Matt said doesn't imply any special knowledge or anything, to me it just says he's excited to see what Playground will do with Fable. No offense to Matt, but him being excited about Fable doesn't mean anything more than any other fan of Playground or of Fable being excited about Fable.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah these are no doubt Surface related just from the color tone and the obvious Windows logo.

Left one: probably related to the Surface Studio. Perhaps you can buy a Surface Monitor and in the future only upgrade the base to upgrade the spec?

Right one: upgraded Surface Dock Station?

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
Does anyone have the link to the MS new sound technology they made that uses ray tracing for sound bouncing around like real life? Interesting sony confirmed they are using ray tracing for sound and month ago we saw MS made technology for it. Guessing next Xbox will do it as well :)

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have the link to the MS new sound technology they made that uses ray tracing for sound bouncing around like real life? Interesting sony confirmed they are using ray tracing for sound and month ago we saw MS made technology for it. Guessing next Xbox will do it as well :)

Windows Sonic?

https://www.howtogeek.com/356481/how-windows-sonic-spatial-sound-works/

What is Spatial Sound?
As Microsoft's developer documentation puts it, Windows Sonic is a "platform-level solution for spatial sound support on Xbox on Windows." Application developers can use spatial sound APIs to "create audio objects that emit audio from positions in 3D space." All applications can take advantage of this—new UWP apps, traditional Windows desktop applications, standard PC games, and Xbox One games.

This is exactly the data that Dolby Atmos-enabled receivers need to mix their spatial sound, so Windows Sonic enables full Dolby Atmos support in the latest versions of Windows 10. When paired with a Dolby Atmos-enabled receiver and speaker system, sounds you hear can be positioned in 3D space—vertically as well as horizontally—for an improved surround sound experience.

So, for example, if a sound is coming from above you and to your right in a movie, TV show, or video game, the upwards-firing or ceiling mounted speakers on the right side of your room will place the sound in that location—assuming you have Dolby Atmos.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I don't understand why anyone would reasonably expect a Fable trailer/teaser (or whatever their AAA open-world Action-RPG is today). You are basically preparing yourself for disappointment. This is what they said:

Ralph Fulton said:
"And yeah, the second studio is growing, (...) they're doing some great stuff already, but it'll be a long time before we talk about what they're doing – and I think they're enjoying that ability at the moment." - Ralph Fulton, Playground Games.
https://www.fullthrottlemedia.co.uk/article/forza-horizon-4-ralph-britain

The article is from October 2018. "A long time" isn't 9 months.

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ

Not that it was something from their research division and had a video that showed sound waves bouncing in real time in different rooms and around walls to the player. So if characters were talking down the hall around the corner you would realistically hear the sound according to your position instead of placed sound bits designers would put around the map. This would make sound in games realistic and also less work for designers to go around a map and manually add sound properties for every room

Oct 25, 2017

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
The only tech demos we are getting this E3 is probably from 343i with the new slip space engine. I bet it will be running off early anaconda hardware.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
I don't understand why anyone would reasonably expect a Fable trailer/teaser (or whatever their AAA open-world Action-RPG is today). You are basically preparing yourself for disappointment. This is what they said:

https://www.fullthrottlemedia.co.uk/article/forza-horizon-4-ralph-britain

The article is from October 2018. "A long time" isn't 9 months.

Can't help but feel that Phil interview from yesterday will bite them come E3 because of the expectations people will now have thinking that all the new studios to have something brand new to show, when we all know that simply isn't the case.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
People should stop hearing what they want to hear, then. If they show two games from two of the new studios, the conditions are satisfied. PR is a tricky game and companies do fuck up, but people should take responsibility for their own stupid hype.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Can't help but feel that Phil interview from yesterday will bite them come E3 because of the expectations people will now have thinking that all the new studios to have something brand new to show, when we all know that simply isn't the case.
He said exactly that though. He said some studio will take years.

https://youtu.be/5QHJ-QpFdMg?t=4731

1:18:51

It's rather obvious not all studios have something to show (even if most of them will).

hav7n

Apr 2, 2018

I do expect higher end Xbox to be 100$ more expensive than PS5 and lower end to be 100$ cheaper.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
Fade to black.
An english womans voice says "ello chicken chaser"
Fade up from black with the fable logo, and Teresa's voice saying "And so our story continues"
Playground Games logo.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Man I'm super curious as to what they show for Infinite...a story teaser? CG trailer? Multiplayer hint? Actual gameplay?

I imagine the big blowout will be next year's E3 so I can see a short story teaser...

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i think well get a story teaser with and mp trailer with the beta dates for HI

Status
Not open for further replies.