• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
They burnt a lot of bridges with the single player for both H4 and H5. It makes more sense to add to a platform where things can be fixed atvwill then release instalments that can not be altered.

I think campaigns and new missions/content get added to Infinite, and there won't be a Infinite 2 at least for a generation

Hope you're wrong. It'd stop both technical advancement of the series and be a an awful way to tell a story. If we want something with frequent updates it can be MCC.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Hope you're wrong. It'd stop both technical advancement of the series and be a an awful way to tell a story. If we want something with frequent updates it can be MCC.

I think the tech advances as the game is based around SlipSpace.

Sea of Thieves is the template I think 343 follow. Graphical updates being a part as well

Daebo

Oct 26, 2017
Cincinnati
Not likely. But with the surface team working on next gen, and the way surface rolled out, I wouldn't mind lockhart being close if not equal to ps5 and anaconda basically being a PC, $600-700 range to start out.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
I really like those, although they do look a bit clinical. I would prefer to see company logos somewhere, if you can make them stand out from the background.

As for the power debate, it's too early to know anything for sure, things can still change, and they probably will. Even things like clock speeds that are going to be tuned once they make the first production test runs can make a difference.

But I've been thinking about something ever since the first info about Navi being a joint project with Sony came out. Could it be that MS and AMD are instead working on a separate line, with some advanced features that are only going to find their way into AMD's post-Navi products? Their partnership goes way back to ATI days, and they already did something similar with Xbox 360's Xenos. It would probably still be based on the GCN architecture, to make porting and BC less difficult. Of course, more advanced doesn't necessarily mean more powerful - Xbox One X's graphics system is apparently based on Polaris, while PS4 Pro incorporates some newer Vega features. Again, clock speeds and other things can make a big difference.

Another thing that crossed my mind is what if Microsoft decided to reach deep into their pockets, and announce that in the platform's first year all Scarlett games would be coming to Game Pass day one? Not just first party releases, everything, or at least most publishers and indies. It's a huge stretch, but it would certainly help with getting people into their ecosystem. A more realistic scenario would be them making deals with just some of the big publishers, that would still be quite impactful.

What if!

Last edited:

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
Is that any good to ruin E3 expectations and watching experience?
I don't think it's a good idea to talk about any studio acquisition now, and I promised so this month.
But what if I've been playing investigative reporter and tracked down some really juicy possible acquisitions. Do we want to stop talking about "Possibilities" in this thread?

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
But what if I've been playing investigative reporter and tracked down some really juicy possible acquisitions. Do we want to stop talking about "Possibilities" in this thread?
I could go for a mango flavored fruit snack. Let's have it! Spill the beans, you...

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
His podcast that went live this morning.

Also there should be a new trailer at E3 and there will be a battle royal mode but won't directly take from apex or fortnite. Will have it's own halo twist.
Hmmm this might deserve a new thread, Brad's record is pretty much spot on.

Their BR mode is probably going to heavily involve AI enemies imo. ODST Firefight with romain baddies (to get better weapons) just sounds fun

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
His podcast that went live this morning.

Also there should be a new trailer at E3 and there will be a battle royal mode but won't directly take from apex or fortnite. Will have it's own halo twist.

Been saying it for long, Halo is one of the existing FPS franchises where a BR made way too much sense for it not to happen. They already have big and "alive" battlefields in Halo 5. There's already the basics with the shields, the health packs, the weapons to pick up, the two-weapon system, the co-op modes, etc. to not have to take too much away from the Halo experience. It's gonna be good if true.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
the ring could be a halo ring breaking apart so the map is actually smaller

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean forced like Forstbite, just an option for other MS studios to use if they don't want to use UE4/Unity

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean forced like Forstbite, just an option for other MS studios to use if they don't want to use UE4/Unity

I feel like that's probably a given. I don't see why MS/343 would block other internal teams from using it, especially seeing how MS/Rare really wanted everyone to use their water tech.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Yes, which I am positive will be MS's Frostbite.
It would be great if they all moved on to a single engine though, but ONLY if the new engine is not only powerful but also versatile, meaning not made just for halo games.
My personal reasoning for this is that one of the huge benefits is the ability to pull out engineers from different studios in order to work on critical projects, like the way EA pulled engineers from Bioware to work of FIFA when it was needed.
Now granted, this benefited FIFA and fucked Bioware something fierce, but from what I understand it was because Frostbite was an unwieldy mess, which is why I think that the design of the engine would play a critical role as to whether or not this type of scenario would be beneficial or detrimental to MS studios as a whole.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Hmmm this might deserve a new thread, Brad's record is pretty much spot on.

Their BR mode is probably going to heavily involve AI enemies imo. ODST Firefight with romain baddies (to get better weapons) just sounds fun

A Halo 'BR' that emphasises really big maps, vehicle battles, masses of AI threats etc could be really cool.

Just as long as it doesn't lose BTB and 4v4 :)

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Halo, Will you recapture my love?
Yes you can, if play everything right.

MC, Let's GO!!
Don't show his FACE !!!

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so what if the halo br is this years halo game.

In another timeline, I could see a F2p Battle Royale based on Infinite's game-play being released as a separate game, potentially earlier, but not this timeline.

They've kind of eased off of the "Halo game every year" thing, and 343 is really taking their time with Infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.