• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017

idioteque

Nov 8, 2017
If Halo is crossgen then that kinda worries me really. I'm hoping they are aiming for an experience that isn't possible on the Xbox One OG.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
I finally sat down and sunk some real time into Sea of Thieves and man.....it is really fun.

I've dabbled with it here and there, super glad I gave it some time and effort...def. has its hooks in me.

So much potential with it too...can't wait for the update and fishing!! Lol.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Y'all are crazy if you actually think Platinum are being bought by MS anytime soon.
The rumor doesn't say platinum is being acquired.
If Halo is crossgen then that kinda worries me really. I'm hoping they are aiming for an experience that isn't possible on the Xbox One OG.
Halo Infinite is already confirmed to be coming out on Xbox One.
Truly baffling you guys think a service releasing in 2019 at 10tf will beat two major consoles in 2020.

Just think about it lol...
Stadia isn't a consumer console though..

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Truly baffling you guys think a service releasing in 2019 at 10tf will beat two major consoles in 2020.

Just think about it lol...
Have you seen the cooling systems in data centers... I think not. I install them. Clocks can be much higher in a data center than in a consumer console that has strict thermal limits.

'V'

Banned
May 19, 2018
Why would Ubi do that? Naaaaaah.
What if Microsoft decided to fund the whole thing? Could also be a timed exclusive like RoTTR was. Who knows. I have a strong feeling either way from the various rumours and happens that there will be a Splinter Cell game in the next couple of years.

Splinter Cell was also the only game from the Walmart Canada leak last year that hasn't been confirmed yet.
I will be shocked if we don't get a SC game in the next few years.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Unless Lockhart aims to be a 1080p/60 console. But that seems weird and that will limit its long time support also with how 4k tv's are blowing up.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
People need to remember that, for Lockhart, price will be the key, and the Lockhart is not aimed at us, but the casuals, 4~5TF, SSD, Zen2 for 1080p gaming costing $299 (they should lock this at this price, IMO)~$349 with the new technologies is damn good deal, X is not aimed for 1080p, the X jump is all about Anaconda, not Lockhart.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If they really achieve $299 with the entry SKU to play next-gen FIFA, Call of Duty, Halo, Forza and so on ... I don't see anything stopping Xbox next-gen. That's a big if though, as that's a huge challenge.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
I don't really believe anaconda will be that many tflops higher than PS5. The difference can be abysmal, but as long as it is more than PS5 they can keep saying they have the most powerful console.

This isn't same as Pro vs One X. One X came over year later than Pro. These consoles are most likely releasing same time. I think PS5 and Anaconda are going to be close in tlflops and price.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Ya and it has a crap cpu, and crap storage. Lockhart would still have a massive 4-5x upgrade for cpu. Way better storage, and better ram. Besides the fact that 4 Navi tf's could actually outperform 6 Polaris terraflops. It would still be a big upgrade and be able to play next gen games. Meanwhile the X won't be able to play those games.

6tf is what was need to run Xbox one games comfortably at 4K. Next gen games are going to be built for ps5 and andaconda. Almost all games will run at 1800p-4K. 4-5 tf is what will be needed to run those games comfortably at 1080p.

4K takes up a ton of resources 6tf is need to run current gen games in 4K. 4-5tf will be able to run next gen games at 1080p.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
hmmmm..

i only see lockhart being successful with that low of a Tf number if the anaconda is the same price as ps5. (of course offering more)
no one is going to want to play the worse looking/performing 3rd party game on the Xbox entry level console vs the entry level console for sony. the playstation 5. we seen how that works out with this gen.

playing next gen games that dont play/look/feel nextgen will matter too.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
If they really achieve $299 with the entry SKU to play next-gen FIFA, Call of Duty, Halo, Forza and so on ... I don't see anything stopping Xbox next-gen. That's a big if though, as that's a huge challenge.

Xbox 360 vs PS3 and see how that went. It isn't only about price. Sony have currently huge momentum and PS4 BC is something that can easily keep people in Sonys ecosystem. People don't need to hurry buy new gen consoles because of BC.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
But it will have been 3 years when Scarlett launches and it doesn't cost its launch price as it is now plus its bundled.

Lcokhart should really be aiming for specs similar to PS5
Anaconda should be a massive step up otherwise only have one console type at launch.
Than there would be no point in having 2 consoles for Microsoft. If ps5 is 399$ and andaconda is 499$ than it's likely to only be 15-30% more powerful. Why even make Lockhart if it's that close in specs and price.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
hmmmm..

i only see lockhart being successful with that low of a Tf number if the anaconda is the same price as ps5. (of course offering more)
no one is going to want to play the worse looking/performing 3rd party game on the Xbox entry level console vs the entry level console for sony. the playstation 5. we seen how that works out with this gen.

I think the SSDs and next to zero loading times in a $299 console alone will feel next gen and will make people more than happy with Lockhart.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Xbox 360 vs PS3 and see how that went. It isn't only about price. Sony have currently huge momentum and PS4 BC is something that can easily keep people in Sonys ecosystem. People don't need to hurry buy new gen consoles because of BC.
They will have a console that will offer the best performing games. Games will play best on Xbox according to their aim.

It's about giving the people choice. And again, experiencing next-gen gaming at $299 and thus likely a freaking $100 advantage over the competition would likely win them next-gaming.

Again, all just theoretically. Hitting $299 is an insane challenge.

Linkified

Dec 24, 2017
Than there would be no point in having 2 consoles for Microsoft. If ps5 is 399$ and andaconda is 499$ than it's likely to only be 15-30% more powerful. Why even make Lockhart if it's that close in specs and price.

That is the point MS should really only have one spec for its next gen console and in the middle of next gen do the refresh.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
hmmmm..

They will still play the same and look the same minues resolution.

Lockhart is for consumers who don't have 4K tv's(the vast majority of the world) or don't care about graphics.

If Lockhart is 299$ and ps5 is 499$ and Lockhart is able to have the same games besides lower resolution it will sell extremely well. It would almost certainly sell better than andaconda.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
They will still play the same and look the same minues resolution.

Lockhart is for consumers who don't have 4K tv's(the vast majority of the world) or don't care about graphics.

If Lockhart is 299$ and ps5 is 499$ and Lockhart is able to have the same games besides lower resolution it will sell extremely well. It would almost certainly sell better than andaconda.
the world may not care but the vast majority of the world is now influenced from social media. this is the perspective i am coming from. i guess we can downplay the important factor of perception on items and how much they influence a lot of people who "dont care".
i see that there could be an issue and that getting it right will be very challenging.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
They will have a console that will offer the best performing games. Games will play best on Xbox according to their aim.

It's about giving the people choice. And again, experiencing next-gen gaming at $299 and thus likely a freaking $100 advantage over the competition would likely win them next-gaming.

Again, all just theoretically. Hitting $299 is an insane challenge.
I'm with you klob. If Microsoft is able to design the system correctly so that it truest plays the same games just at a lesser resolution and they market it right it's gunna be crazy.

It would be a loose loose for Sony. If they are 399$ than they would only be 100$ more than Lockhart but then andaconda would be a lot more powerful. If ps5 is 499$ and matches andaconda in specs it's bad for them because Lockhart would be 200$ less and playing the same games.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018

It's about giving the people choice. And again, experiencing next-gen gaming at $299 and thus likely a freaking $100 will win them next-gaming.

We were talking about 299$ entry console. I am not saying it is bad idea, it is good idea but it doesn't mean nothing isn't stopping Microsoft.

FIFA, COD and rest of the big games will come to PS4 and Xbox for several years even when new consoles come. And then people have to choose: Do i jump to new ecosystem or will i stay on old one and i can keep playing all the games i currently have? That's the biggest thing Sony have over Microsoft currently. PS4 and One didn't have this option when they launched so it was easy for people to jump from 360 to PS4 or PS3 to One.

Status
Not open for further replies.