• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parker Petrov

Nov 1, 2017
I personally think Microsoft won't do a big game like that without co-op or some multiplayer functionality.

I think Microsoft will definitely do Single Player narrative game with rpg elements. Phil has said he likes single player games and I think they see a definate need. I don't think it will be all they do like sony. But i do think we will see games in that vein.

Dantero

Jan 23, 2018
Even tho it's apparently debunked, can someone who's read it copy/paste or write a summary? I'd appreciate it

Gears 5 Gameplay:11.10.19 (X/W10)
Gears Tactics Trailer:2019 (X/W10)
Playdead IP: Sci-Fi 3D Adventure, Xbox Gamepass,Spring 2020
Ori and the will of the wisps Gameplay Trailer:
Spring 2020, Gamepass (X/W10)
Battletoads Gameplay Trailer: Holiday 2019, Gamepass (X/W10)
Borderlands 3: Gameplay,September 2019
Brink Gameplay Trailer: Release 2020
Dinio Crisis Gameplay Trailer: Release 2020
Jedi fallen Order Gameplay: Holiday 2019
Fable Albion Collection Trailer: Xbox Gamepass, Spring 2020, (X/W10)
Fable Reboot Teaser: Xbox Gamepass (X/W10)
Forza Horizon 4 DLC: Holiday 2019
Sea of Thieves DLC: Holiday 2019
The outer worlds Gameplay: Xbox Gamepass, Holiday 2019

New studio acquisition

Bleeding Edge Gamplay Trailer: Xbox Gamepass, Holiday 2020 (X/W10)
New Rare IP Teaser: Xbox Gamepass (X/W10)
Dead Rising 5 Gameplay Trailer: Xbox Gamepass, Holiday 2019
ReCore II Trailer: Xbox Gamepass, Holiday 2020, (X/W10)
Cyberpunk 2077 Gameplay: Spring 2020
New CD Projekt Red IP Teaser
Age of Empires IV Gameplay Trailer: 2020, Xbox Gamepass, (X/W10)
Splinter Cell Reboot Trailer: 2020
Halo Infinite Trailer: Xbox Gamepass, Holiday 2020 (X/W10), Beta Holiday 2019

Xbox Scarlett Teaser
2 new consoles, Holiday 2020

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
I think Microsoft will definitely do Single Player narrative game with rpg elements. Phil has said he likes single player games and I think they see a definate need. I don't think it will be all they do like sony. But i do think we will see games in that vein.
I personally think Microsoft is going to make games with options. Single-Player, Co-op, PvP, PvE all rolled into one nice little package, like Forza, Halo, Gears, and Sea of Thieves.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Even tho it's apparently debunked, can someone who's read it copy/paste or write a summary? I'd appreciate it

Microsoft has bought Nintendo and is upgrading the Switch to the power of an Xbox One X.
They've Resurrected David Bowie to do the soundtrack to Half Life 3, which is now exlcusive to XCloud.
Anaconda will be free if you trade in a PS4 and Reggie Fils Aim will deliver it by hand.

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017

The exciting thing for Xbox fans should be that they continue to be healthy enough to even have modest growth when they are arguably at their low point in terms of way behind this gen with console sales and first party not getting fired up fully here until Ori, Gears 5 and into next year with Halo and such. All of the new studios starting to make content and things like xCloud and such should only raise things up for everything on the Xbox gaming side. You would think that they were dead completely when you listen to fanboys.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I personally think Microsoft is going to make games with options. Single-Player, Co-op, PvP, PvE all rolled into one nice little package, like Forza, Halo, Gears, and Sea of Thieves.
I hope not. MS should allow all their devs to make the games they want to make. Not every game needs multiplayer and not every game needs single player. Some games will in fact be made worse by trying to cater to SP and MP gamers at the same time.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018

CyYAQyX.png

FMI7qNm.png

Mns9NZJ.png

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
What if PG is working on the Horizon Zero Dawn style game that the job opening was describing a year or two ago?

I think about this job posting occasionally, but I wonder, what does "Horizon Zero Dawn Style" mean to people?

Like other than the obvious "open world action RPG", which is definitely what this game is gonna be, that job description always weird to me. Maybe it means like, set in a verdant post apocalypse, which could be cool.

I assume the next Fable will be set around or before the same time as the first game, but there's a cool opportunity for like, a post-industrial kind of magic and nature vs technology story line, druids fighting steam punk bulldozers. I'm in to it.

Parker Petrov

Nov 1, 2017

I would hope other companies like microsoft would learn from what companies like EA have done in forcing companies to add multiplayer features in games that aren't mulitplayer games.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Playground has some new jobs posted for their new project and the listing specifically says, "You will join the team and project at an early stage..." Hopefully this will put the 2020/2021 rumors to bed. This really seems like a 2022/2023 title.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
ANY Insider (ahem Klobrile) please help me out. Everybody has been going on and on about 1st party and the new studios. I even think I figured out the possible 3 Phil might announce at E3); however what about MS Global Publishing. I'm not sure if that is still Mrs. Loftis' Team or not but they have been super quiet. In the past ( Ryse, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising(s), Zoo Tycoon, Lucky's Tale, Ashen, Below, etc. I'll even throw in Session, so usually I'm good at paying attention. Has anyone heard of any new future 2nd party exclusives, lately?

Last edited:

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
ANY Insider (ahem Klobrile) please help me out. Everybody has been going on and on about 1st party and the new studios. I even think I figured out the possible 3 Phil might announce at E3); however what about MS Global Publishing. I'm not sure if that is still Mrs. Loftis' Team or not but they have been super quiet. In the past ( Ryse, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising(s), Zoo Tycoon, Lucky's Tale, Ashen, Below, etc. I'll even through in Session, so usually I'm good at paying attention. Has anyone heard of any new future 2nd party exclusives, lately?
Nope. See you at E3!

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
This one is my favorite because the Fable trilogy collection already exists and is backwards compatible and on game pass.
It's not that farfetched imo. The possibility of a Fable Collection, that is. Not fake rumour about it being announced this year.

-They are remastering Halo Reach even though it already is backwards compatible.
-Fable II isn't available on PC
-There is a shit ton of improvements that could be made that the BC tech can't do.
-It gives Fable a retail presence again and can be used to help promote Fable Next / 4

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
-"Alpha team wants Playground's Fable to be Fable IV and Gold Team wants it to be a reboot, any questions?"
-

We can start a line and everyone on Gold team can tell me what they mean by reboot, and I will fight or not fight them each on a case by case basis.

Futuristic, technology driven? Oddly enough, that seems more a fit for a ReCore sequel (HZD style)

I'd be all over that, one of my favorite things about HZD is the enemy AI and how you never really feel any more powerful relative to them, you just learn how to handle them better. A ReCore prequel or sequel with some pointers from Horizons enemy and world design could be awesome.

It's not that farfetched imo. The possibility of a Fable Collection, that is. Not fake rumour about it being announced this year.

-They are remastering Halo Reach even though it already is backwards compatible.
-Fable II isn't available on PC
-There is a shit ton of improvements that could be made that the BC tech can't do.
-It gives Fable a retail presence again and can be used to help promote Fable Next / 4

Fair points, it would be really great to see Fable II on PC, I can't imagine them remastering the entire Trilogy just for that though, maybe they could do it as like a Halo 2 Anniversary edition and just remaster that one and package the others with it. I'd still be surprised, but it would be a good way to remind people of Fable.

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
-"Alpha team wants Playground's Fable to be Fable IV and Gold Team wants it to be a reboot, any questions?"
-
gold-team-rules-gif.gif
Something about fable's sense of humor really rubs me the wrong way. It would be nice if they could get a new fantasy action rpg going that has a different tone.

Not to mention it kind of feels like it ran its course, with the last fable branded thing not even getting out of beta

EDIT: so ive been kind of out of the loop on studio news and rumors: is there any indication that xbg is gearing up for a more steady pace of large releases this coming gen? I personally actually enjoyed most of the ones i played, and I don't really play that many games so it didnt particularly bother me, but its hard to argue the lineup wasnt pretty thin this time around in comparison to the other big guys

Deleted member 48991

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
A new Brink would be a big surprise. Splash Damage made the original, which didn't turn out so well (probably an understatement). Rumors on the old site said that SD had a falling out with Bethesda near the end of Brink's development because Bethesda tried to hostile take over studios with idTech4 experience (such as SD at the time, who worked on idTech4 games such as Doom 3 MP, ET:QW and Brink).

I think the concept and marketing for Brink was amazing though. If they decide to make a reboot, it would be cool if they could make an open world game set on the Ark. Are there any rumors / speculation (besides the probably fake leak) that would hint Bethesda is thinking about making a new Brink though?

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A new Brink would be a big surprise. Splash Damage made the original, which didn't turn out so well (probably an understatement). Rumors on the old site said that SD had a falling out with Bethesda near the end of Brink's development because Bethesda tried to hostile take over studios with idTech4 experience (such as SD at the time, who worked on idTech4 games such as Doom 3 MP, ET:QW and Brink).

I think the concept and marketing for Brink was amazing though. If they decide to make a reboot, it would be cool if they could make an open world game set on the Ark. Are there any rumors / speculation (besides the probably fake leak) that would hint Bethesda is thinking about making a new Brink though?

I feel like it would be far more worth it to avoid the name "Brink", even if you attempt to redo the game concept. There's just no reason to stay attached to the brand.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I feel like it would be far more worth it to avoid the name "Brink", even if you attempt to redo the game concept. There's just no reason to stay attached to the brand.

Does Bethesda still own the Brink IP? They've certainly shown they aren't afraid of making a completely different game with the same name even if that name isn't particularly strong. While I don't believe that leak is legit, that much wouldn't surprise me.

Something about fable's sense of humor really rubs me the wrong way. It would be nice if they could get a new fantasy action rpg going that has a different tone.

Not to mention it kind of feels like it ran its course, with the last fable branded thing not even getting out of beta

I'm contractually obligated to reply to this by saying "why bother calling it Fable if you're going to do that then?"

I actually rather enjoyed Fable Legends, and I still play Fable Fortune, but I don't disagree with you that leaving Fable to the past wouldn't be the end of the world. I fully don't mind if they never make another Fable, and honestly it feels a little like Lionhead's corpse isn't even cold yet. But if they're gonna make a Fable game, make a Fable game.

Deleted member 48991

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Personally I don't really like the name (in Dutch it means "town square", it's also one of the cheapest streets in Monopoly), but it's short, memorable and recognizable (albeit for the wrong reasons). They also rereleased it as a free to play game in 2017. It didn't seem to attract many players at that time (a couple thousand)...

Does Bethesda still own the Brink IP? They've certainly shown they aren't afraid of making a completely different game with the same name even if that name isn't particularly strong. While I don't believe that leak is legit, that much wouldn't surprise me.
They still own the trademarks, but they will expire in 2020.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
What a strange, but hilarious twist this thread has taken. I think there's a better chance of Phil Spencer dancing The Macarena on Xbox's E3 stage than Brink coming back.

I feel like whenever a company brings back an obscure IP, people always turn around and predict an even more obscure or irrelevant IP is coming back the next year. Yes, Bethesda bringing back Rage was a surprise, but that move is clearly the exception, not the rule.

EDIT: I'll admit, part of my inclusion of The Macarena was fueled by a personal dream I have that Xbox kicks off their E3 showing with all the studio heads and Phil and Matt on stage doing the Macarena. I'm trying to speak it into existence.

It's E3 2019. Microsoft's conference is about to begin as fans are eagerly cheering. The countdown hits one and fades to black. Then...

peter42O

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 21, 2019
Watching Dealer Gaming's podcast and they talk about Ninja Theory's new IP. It all sounds great but any chance that it can be played solo with AI companions ala Ghost Recon Wildlands? Or no chance in hell? Thanks.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
Hmmmm. The wording on this FanFest bullet point certainly is interesting. I know it's not likely what they mean, but they could be referring to an acquisition.

On the Giant Bomb stream last year, Phil mentioned not being sure what the reaction would be like to the new studios. After they were received so positively, I wonder if there's a chance Microsoft does a bit more with an acquired studio, if they announce an acquisition.

NS6hRj4.jpg

TruthSeeker

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Watching Dealer Gaming's podcast and they talk about Ninja Theory's new IP. It all sounds great but any chance that it can be played solo with AI companions ala Ghost Recon Wildlands? Or no chance in hell? Thanks.

I was thinking it would be similar to Gears of War-style... Single-Player driven story with AI team-mates that can also be controlled by other players as an option... Then maybe PVP multi-player completely separate from the campaign.

XBOX STUDIOS OT5 TITLE SUGGESTIONS
OP
OP
Figments

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Alright everyone. Now that we're nearing OT5, it's time to start throwing suggestions into the proverbial suggestion box of OT5 titles.

Some things to note going in for this preliminary submission round:
  • Duplicate submissions will be discarded. Be original, be unique.
  • Any submissions beginning with "Xbox |OT5|", "|OT5|", "OT5:" or similar will be discarded. Only the titles themselves, please.
  • Only one suggestion per survey submission or those entires will be discarded. Multiple suggestions will require multiple survey submissions.
Once we hit Page 390, I will send out another form with a maximum of five different options on it, consisting of titles chosen via random number generator. The title with the most votes by the end of page 399 will be declared the winner.

Here's the form.

Go nuts, you crazy kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.