• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
This time it may be a few days but the next piece of DLC or worse, a full game is exclusive to GP for a week, then a couple weeks, then a whole month.

This type of actions make me want to unsubscribe to the service altogether.

I don't think that's the case. If it were, they wouldn't have referenced Xbox owners having access to it "soon".

While I totally see what you're saying, I'd be a lot more concerned if it weren't Xbox branded cosmetics and an obvious promotional thing. Maybe it's a slippery slope, but considering it's obviously something Xbox asked Psyonix to do and probably worked with them to do it, I'd say it's a bit early. Any DLC comes to game pass as a timed exclusive that isn't Xbox branded cosmetics and I'll be right there with you though.

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you think that?

Generally, going in to E3 we would have a lot of rumours flying around about potential acquisitions and also a lot of insiders talking about it, it's just been a really low key topic on the internet outside of this thread

Personally it wouldn't bother me, i think we'll see some surprises from MGSP, but i can't deny the expectation is there because of X018 and E3 2018

Based on? Seems like at least one is guaranteed.

Just a gut feeling, i'm not an insider or anything :P

why do you think there's at least one guaranteed?

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
Generally, going in to E3 we would have a lot of rumours flying around about potential acquisitions and also a lot of insiders talking about it, it's just been a really low key topic on the internet outside of this thread

Personally it wouldn't bother me, i think we'll see some surprises from MGSP, but i can't deny the expectation is there because of X018 and E3 2018

Based on them saying they're not done getting studios, and rumours of them being in talks with studios. The only reason there was talk of them announcing a studio acquisition at X0 is because Klobrille leaked it, and even then, nobody heard anything about Inxile.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017

I think MS is keeping a tight lid on everything for now and we already have insiders stating that acquisitions will be announced at the event.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Screenshot-2019-05-14-06-05-18-922.png

Exact same wording for Anaconda&Lockhart.

giphy.gif

hmmmmmm

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm on the fence about any new acquisitions. On one hand we know they have been talking to studios but on the other I haven't seen anything really substantial to show 100% we are going to see new studios this E3. Phil may want to focus on the previously newly acquired studios and give them a chance to shine before overshadowing them with even more studios. Either way we should keep our expectations in check but I'm excited. It will never happen but if they acquired CDPR I would attempt a backflip and hurt myself.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
I'm on the fence about any new acquisitions. On one hand we know they have been talking to studios but on the other I haven't seen anything really substantial to show 100% we are going to see new studios this E3. Phil may want to focus on the previously newly acquired studios and give them a chance to shine before overshadowing them with even more studios. Either way we should keep our expectations in check but I'm excited. It will never happen but if they acquired CDPR I would attempt a backflip and hurt myself.
I mean, the only studio we knew about before E3 2018 was Playground Games because of the senior staff listing or whatever it was on MS's website, I don't recall anything else leaking.

Klobrille (and others) have expressed that they find it highly likely we'll see an acquisition(s).

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
is The Game Pass ultimate deal over I'm in the Xbox Insider program but I don't see the icon for it

Status
Not open for further replies.