• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
I would prefer Mass Effect 4 being made by another studio (Obsidian or CDProjekt) Bioware is currently stagnat with their stories and characters since ME3, every line of dialog of a Bioware game feels taken from a Marvel movie nowadays, Mac Walters sucks at writting and they wont fire him, so... Sell the fucking franchise if you dont want to change.
The Lore of Mass Effect should be preserved, but mature characters and stories are needed, Bioware cant give us that.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would prefer Mass Effect 4 being made by another studio (Obsidian or CDProjekt) Bioware is currently stagnat with their stories and characters since ME3, every line of dialog of a Bioware game feels taken from a Marvel movie nowadays

I think theres still potential there with Bioware. Inquisition had great moments with the main story and companion questlines. Trespasser dlc was also great. The collectathon open world did distract from those good parts.

danrbg

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
The called effect of Summit1g. He should be in the Inside Xbox.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Yea I doubt MS create a new studio until The Initiative are established and have shipped thier first game.

Hopefully in a few years Schofield gets his own studio

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Yea I doubt MS create a new studio until The Initiative are established and have shipped thier first game.

No new studios from the ground-up any time soon, sure. New teams within current studios though? Absolutely. And frankly, unless there's a certain individual you really wanna let loose as studio and project head, that's a way better way to do it.

Tsubasa

Apr 29, 2018
What do you mean with that horror is finally gaining popularity?

Survival horror wasn't quite popular last gen. SH Homecoming, Downpour, Alien Isolation and few more games. But this gen is selling quite well (not just survival, but anything horror-like). Vampyr, Call of Cthulhu and especially Outlast. I think the genre is being reawaken this gen. And Resident Evil 2 is going to bring more success and popularity to it.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Friday the 13th did well too before the rights issues killed it.

I would pay top dollar for a Freddy Krueger game.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the replies to that Drew Murray tweet whatever The Initiative were documenting was for internal eyes only. It's going to be a while before we hear from them.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
Survival horror wasn't quite popular last gen. SH Homecoming, Downpour, Alien Isolation and few more games. But this gen is selling quite well (not just survival, but anything horror-like). Vampyr, Call of Cthulhu and especially Outlast. I think the genre is being reawaken this gen. And Resident Evil 2 is going to bring more success and popularity to it.
Alien Isolation was this gen, 2014. Last gen saw Alien vs Predator, and the infamous Colonial Marines.

That won't be for quite some time. I don't think they'll build several up from scratch, but likely 2-3 between now and TI's game. Wait too long and the people who would be great to lead a new team could become unavailable.

Plus not all of them would have to be these mega AAAA studios. One or two could be smaller, AA-sized.

SoLDieN

Jan 17, 2018
España
It would be amazing an E3 with this xDDD.

o9DiF1x.gif

just joking.

Mington

Banned
Dec 22, 2018
The Reddit post has been taken down?

Doesn't seem to take you to it anymore

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
Probably nothing since I think Phil and Matt Booty would be handling aquisitions but it appears Aaron Greenberg and the Xbox CFO are visiting Microsoft France.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're in the Pre-Pre-E3 discussion season. I'm dying just to get to the Pre-E3 part of things. I need more spicy rumors, leaks, teases, and speculation that isn't the same 4 studios on every page. I need action. I need drama.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Outside of acquisitions or IP reboots, what are the biggest potential/dream announcements you guys would want in 2019?

Personally, Game Pass being 100% play anywhere is the endgame. I know it's in the cards, and an eventuality, but that just makes the wait for it more difficult.

Also Dreamcast BC, maybe in another universe

Jan 4, 2018
Probably nothing since I think Phil and Matt Booty would be handling aquisitions but it appears Aaron Greenberg and the Xbox CFO are visiting Microsoft France.
Yup, the head of Gaming at Xbox FR posted this yesterday
Although I don't think it means anything at all (regarding new games or studios). Probably just Satya doing the rounds of MS branches worldwide as would be normal for the boss of any other company from time to time

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia
Outside of acquisitions or IP reboots, what are the biggest potential/dream announcements you guys would want in 2019?

Personally, Game Pass being 100% play anywhere is the endgame. I know it's in the cards, and an eventuality, but that just makes the wait for it more difficult.

I wouldn't mind if the 'build your own controller' was expanded to include Australia.
It'd be huge news if they started rolling stuff out day & date worldwide next gen... as opposed to US first, then UK, then other countries as the mood strikes them.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I have a question for all of you.

Seeing MCC getting updates in 2019 is just incredible. This game was dead. It is now not only fully alive, it is better than ever.

Do you think MS dedided to fix the game to rebuild the trust with the Xbox ecosystem, was it to push it on Gamepass, or was it simply the stars aligning at the perfect time?

The 180 with this game is just astonishing. Just lunacy to even fathom what MS was thinking of the Halo franchise a few years ago.

hmqgg

Nov 1, 2017
About the reddit leak.

1. The hardware is partially true
  2. Storage is true
  3. Raytracing is true
  4. Lockhart is not Streaming box
  5. Xbox SoC codename is Anubis, check AMD's plan
  6. MS AI is not a part of the hardware, in other words, never heard of TPU or ASIC like it
  7. How to implement Raytracing? See GDC 2019
  8. Why they make a decision like Lockhart? See GDC 2019
  9. Why there still no DevKit? After GDC 2019

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
About the reddit leak.

2. Storage is true
  3. Raytracing is true
  6. MS AI is not a part of the hardware, in other words, never heard of TPU or ASIC like it
We in there. :)

Mington

Banned
Dec 22, 2018
About the reddit leak.

2. Storage is true
  3. Raytracing is true

And the info about acquisitions and games?

Jan 4, 2018
Erm... Quantic Dream is from France.

*run*
So are Dontnod and Asobo wich would be better picks imo both quality wise and "don't get messed with (alleged) harrasment/toxicity problems"-wise too
Seeing how they have distanced themselves from Tim Soret (The Last Night) makes me seriously doubt they want to be linked to that kind of thing

One Night

Jun 6, 2018

Most of my dream announcements are IP reboots, but them aside:
  • Halo turned-based tactics game like Gears Tactics or XCOM
  • The Last Night releases this year
  • More OG Xbox and XBLA titles come to backwards compatibility

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
About the reddit leak.

2. Storage is true
  3. Raytracing is true

Well people wanted drama. Let it begin.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018

Seeing MCC getting updates in 2019 is just incredible. This game was dead. It is now not only fully alive, it is better than ever.

Do you think MS dedided to fix the game to rebuild the trust with the Xbox ecosystem, was it to push it on Gamepass, or was it simply the stars aligning at the perfect time?

The 180 with this game is just astonishing. Just lunacy to even fathom what MS was thinking of the Halo franchise a few years ago.
343 better understanding the Xbox One's online system (with changes to it since 2014) so that changes to MCC could be made, realizing that with Infinite still a ways off they need to give the fans something to hold them over/rebuild their image amongst the hardcore fans, and the overall initiative of the Xbox ecosystem being forward-thinking in terms of the future.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a copy of what the Reddit post actually said or is that still the same thing that Thurrot discussed and semi-debunked?

Various 343i devs said that they really wanted to own up and fix their mistakes, but they were likely not getting the ressources from MS. Heck, they weren't even allowed to comment on it for a while, not even the Franchise Director and that means something.

With the Xbox One X and various improvements to API's, toolkits, things like "intelligent Delivery" and etc. they got the perfect opportunity to approach it again. I'm also fairly convinced that Phil Spencer's visit at 343i had something to do with it, too, but that's pure speculation on my part.

Either way, it's really really good that they acknowledged the issue and ultimately fixed it. Pretty good to see that they actually have a dedicated team to still work on it and deliver some good updates. It really means a lot to Halo fans and hopefully 343i/MS/Xbox have learned that they can't just half-ass a franchise like Halo anymore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.