• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Let either Obsidian or inXile have a shot with Shadowrun por favor. Saw someone mention that on Twitter when the acquisitions were announced and now that's all I want.

Oh boy, Shadowrun project on a large scale would be one of my dream games. Especially by Obsidian!
I've thought that IP had huge potential for an open world narrative game. Imagine blending gunplay with a magic system.

castaction

Oct 28, 2017
I just looked and the XGS thread is now at 98 pages in OT4, while the Sony FIrst Party thread is at 96 pages in OT4 (actually 3 because they jumped it)
Just goues to show how invested Microsoft is in First Party and pushing content. Really hope they continue to push first (and second) party content.

Love that they can grow. Would like to know how big all of the XG-Sstudios are in terms of headcount.
EDIT:
They should update their website: "Being a part of one of the few remaining independent developers in the world creating role-playing games is only the start! "

With the studios sharing tech i hope they can just focus on making great games and not messing with tech so much. Would love for better animations in XGS games.

I really love Sea of Thieves - can't wait for the rumored Mega update. If the rumors and hints are true this will give us most of this:
  • The Arena!
  • Fishing and/or bow chasers, Cooking and Potions
  • Improved Quest/Voyage System
  • Pets and pet interactions
  • "Captain/Legend" Update
  • Different consumables
  • And more...
I can't wait for the 20th of March to know what will be in the MEGA update!
Yep me too, i hope to see more clothe and customisation too

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
The marketing for Metro Exodus is amazing. The latest trailer reminds me of the type we used to get for Xbox, Finish the Fight and mad world etc.

4A as I've said before just need to be acquired

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda crazy the X is getting by what it looks like alot of native 4k games,
Crackdown 3, Metro, Division 2, Anthem, , DMC 5.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Slightly off topic but Pillars of Enterity is coming to PS Now this month, hopefully it makes its way to GP at some point.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
FYI: The Wreckinng Zone Technical Test is available for download in the Insider Hub. Microsoft says the playtests will start in 3 hours. Download is 5.27 GB.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
The marketing for Metro Exodus is amazing. The latest trailer reminds me of the type we used to get for Xbox, Finish the Fight and mad world etc.

Also the Lost Odyssey trailer, man there was a minute there during the Xbox 360 gen where Microsoft was absolutely killing it with licensed music in commercials.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
how is there skill with lock on aim with crackdown?

im curious

Aiming is only one way to test skills. You can test them in many other ways as well.

I'm sure we'll quickly discover that people aren't equal in Crackdown 3.There'll be players better than you, just as there'll be players worse than you.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
how is there skill with lock on aim with crackdown?

im curious

I still maintain that a game as vertical and dynamic as Crackdown would be damned near impossible without lock on. Plus it kind of levels the playing field between PC and consoles. I guess PC players will still have an easier time hitting with the hip fire, but you're not gonna see a lot of people snapping headshots I'd imagine

Apr 6, 2018
On Inside Xbox, Matt Booty mentioned all studio heads are in Redmond this week.
Missed that part
All the studio heads were meeting in Redmond this week. Give them a chance to share insight, technology, studio concerns... whatever.

Would kill to be a fly on the wall as they discuss each studios roadmap and future plans.
Me too
Likewise, Nintendo makes their money on software and, soon, services too as Nintendo Online grows. So why on earth would Nintendo allow xCloud on Switch? That doesn't generate any money for them. They haven't exactly been proactive in even getting Netflix etc on Switch.

The benefit of Switch's closed ecosystem is that Nintendo makes money on everything. xCloud is a closed ecosystem that only Microsoft benefits from.
Than why N allowed Ubisoft and Capcom to stream re7 and odissey in japan?
Josh Sawyer (design director on Pillars of Eternity) is also in Redmond for the meeting Matt talked about.

Remember a few months ago when someone said that Sawyer wouldn't tollerate not being indipendent? OMEGALUL
I'm excited to see 343i's new tech. The SlipSpace engine looks amazing from the natural scenes they've shown

And I don't know if we're prepared to see FH5 in japan on next gen hardware
I can't wait to have that chapter in japan so people will stop asking it
I can imagine the Forza guys asking everyone who is going to need car tech to a room of silence lol.
Playground ?
Well Halo can get some advice. :P
CE warthog sessions are painful, still reach, 4 and 5 are good enough
Nice
So with Crackdown 3 featuring that cloud-powered tech, what IP/franchise do you folks think they'll bring that tech to?
A pacific rim tie in
Jokes aside, I see the tech in warzone 2 for halo
On projects I've been involved with yes but I won't comment on any specifics not shared publicly by the development teams.
in which known projects you have been involved? just to ask
I just looked and the XGS thread is now at 98 pages in OT4, while the Sony FIrst Party thread is at 96 pages in OT4 (actually 3 because they jumped it)
Just goues to show how invested Microsoft is in First Party and pushing content. Really hope they continue to push first (and second) party content.

Love that they can grow. Would like to know how big all of the XG-Sstudios are in terms of headcount.
EDIT:
They should update their website: "Being a part of one of the few remaining independent developers in the world creating role-playing games is only the start! "

With the studios sharing tech i hope they can just focus on making great games and not messing with tech so much. Would love for better animations in XGS games.

I really love Sea of Thieves - can't wait for the rumored Mega update. If the rumors and hints are true this will give us most of this:
  • The Arena!
  • Fishing and/or bow chasers, Cooking and Potions
  • Improved Quest/Voyage System
  • Pets and pet interactions
  • "Captain/Legend" Update
  • Different consumables
  • And more...
I can't wait for the 20th of March to know what will be in the MEGA update!
I'm interested in the new shape of the ship(pun intended), why changing the bow? I hope it's not for cannons but something else.
About the kitchen, back in july when they updated the barrels for the cursed cannonballs they said that it was needed for more resources that are still missing...
Pets are confirmed.
Still why players have both a ghost and a skelton version?

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just looked and the XGS thread is now at 98 pages in OT4, while the Sony FIrst Party thread is at 96 pages in OT4 (actually 3 because they jumped it). Just goues to show how invested Microsoft is in First Party and pushing content. Really hope they continue to push first (and second) party content.

Personally, im not a fan of either OT being constantly skipped or made into a new topic and believe both should still be OT2. It's just ridiculous to me is all. Yeah, there's more conversation here but that's because the vast majority of it is just speculation, hopes, dreams and assumptions. Only the minority of what's posted here are actual facts. Same for the PlayStation topic. It's why I barely post in either. I want facts, not rumors and speculation. I know what Sony has game wise for the rest of the gen and chatter won't increase until Days Gone releases. Here, very little of interest for me until E3, Gears 5 and more importantly, next gen which is when im expecting to see the games that all the acquired studios will be working on.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

4A as I've said before just need to be acquired

Agree with this but im personally hoping that THQ Nordic acquires 4A Games as I want to see THQ Nordic become a top five or top three third party publisher and 4A Games can definitely help them achieve that.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
tfv1zy7om6f21.png

Redid the 1st first party banner, again feel free to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.