• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
  1. Banjo-Kazooie Remastered (a la Crash Bandicoot, Spyro)
  2. Story-driven, 3rd-person Halo RPG
  3. ODST turn-based tactics game
  4. Ninja Gaiden Black Remastered and a sequel
  5. Perfect Dark reboot that's a cross between Uncharted/Tomb Raider and Deus Ex
  6. Viva Pinata and Shadowrun on my phone!
  7. A 3rd person action-RPG like The Witcher but set way in the future with traversal and player freedom like Sunset Overdrive (not necessarily bouncing and grinding around, but smooth and swift movement that factors into combat)

dark gritty mass effect type sci-fi rpg please.

Johnohno

Hero of Bowerstone
Nov 6, 2017

bildschirmfoto2019-02xokko.png

Whatever they are looking at here - Darrell looks very happy about it ... :D

Quick, run the bottom right corner of the laptop screen through some magic image processing to see what they're looking at :P

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Besides what we know, what games would you guys like going forward and beyond 2019? Just stuff that you'd love and that could be done.

Personally these are my picks:
- A sequel for Quantum Break. Unpopular opinion, but it was my favourite new franchise from Microsoft this generation.
- ODST Battle Royale.
- New RPG set in the Roman Empire.
- Sunset Overdrive 2.
- Forza Horizon Japan.
- New Action/Adventure IP a la Tomb Rider and Uncharted, with focus on exploration.

Perfect Dark reboot that's influenced by Dishonoured or Deus Ex.
Banjo Threeie that's like the 3D Mario games.
A successor to Kameo.
WW II stealth game.

Deleted member 268

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
its possible they are making modifications to the slipspace engine for use in their current project.

It's possible, but highly unlikely at this stage considering how Halo Infinite is still close to 2 years out (assuming a Q4 launch) and Slipspace is actively being developed alongside it.

MS seems content with most of their studios working with whatever they're most comfortable with, which right now would be UE4, but I can definitely seem them rolling out Slipspace as a shared tech amongst studios down the line if that's what they want. That's something I would imagine is 5-10 years down the line though.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
it will probably see announcements and info once PS5 as Scarlett consoles are shown. UE4 is doing really well though so I dont think they are in a rush tbh.
Yeah I still feel that the surface is just being scratched in terms of what UE4 can do. Look at the improvement between Gears 4 and the snippet we've seen of Gears 5.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
I highly doubt The Initiative is building their own engine from scratch. Mega-studios like 343i have the resources to do that. Initiative is still building a team.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not even sure why, but when I think of The Initiative my head canon says they're making Shangheist...

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Black Tusk and Shangheist remain my biggest "what if" in gaming ever.

We'd probably be looking forward to Shangheist 3 by now.

I'm secretly hoping that former devs on Shangheist are now working on the Perfect Dark reboot somewhere.

Deleted member 53021

Banned
Feb 3, 2019
What do we know of the slip space engine so far after the halo infinite reveal?..it had some amazing graphics in that reveal..I bet it will be powerful when it's done..any info on that front?

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
Black Tusk and Shangheist remain my biggest "what if" in gaming ever.

We'd probably be looking forward to Shangheist 3 by now.

I'm secretly hoping that former devs on Shangheist are now working on the Perfect Dark reboot somewhere.
Other than Black Tusk/The Coalition, I don't know if there's any other studio MS had at the time that would be more capable to take on Gears.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Besides what we know, what games would you guys like going forward and beyond 2019? Just stuff that you'd love and that could be done.

- A sequel for Quantum Break. Unpopular opinion, but it was my favourite new franchise from Microsoft this generation.
- ODST Battle Royale.
- Sunset Overdrive 2.
- Forza Horizon Japan.
- New Action/Adventure IP a la Tomb Rider and Uncharted, with focus on exploration.

Going to slap a few in there myself.

- Halo 3rd Person RPG
- Phantom Dust with cloud driven MP, and open world campaign.
- Banjo Theeie or reboot the original
- Forza Japan (Horizon)
- Shadowrun by Obsidian
- Adventure/Action set in mythical China
- Crackdown reboot with massive focus on story and RPG mechanics

space_nut

Oct 28, 2017
NJ
What do we know of the slip space engine so far after the halo infinite reveal?..it had some amazing graphics in that reveal..I bet it will be powerful when it's done..any info on that front?

If I remember correctly, on a stream 343i did the guy who made the reveal trailer said it looks even better now because some things were place holders and more graphical features got activated since revealed

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I highly doubt The Initiative is building their own engine from scratch. Mega-studios like 343i have the resources to do that. Initiative is still building a team.
Indeed. But I suspect Slipspace will be shared with the other first party teams. Phil said that higher framerates would be a differentiator next gen and Slipspace has been designed for exactly that purpose. But we'll need to see Halo Infinite out the door first.

I think it's confirmed that PG's RPG is using UE4?

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
Indeed. But I suspect Slipspace will be shared with the other first party teams. Phil said that higher framerates would be a differentiator next gen and Slipspace has been designed for exactly that purpose. But we'll need to see Halo Infinite out the door first.

I think it's confirmed that PG's RPG is using UE4?

Not confirmed but a lot of job listings for the 2nd studio required UE4 experience, which makes sense especially as NT, Rare and Obsidian ( for the Outer worlds) are using UE4, good potential for revelant tech sharing (lighting, facial animations, water, dialogue wheels/ options etc).

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Other than Black Tusk/The Coalition, I don't know if there's any other studio MS had at the time that would be more capable to take on Gears.

They didn't have anyone. If not Black Tusk, they would have been sitting on a 100m investment that would necessitate finding an external partner they could trust or investing millions more in a new studio.

They could have also missed their chance to land Fergusson, though perhaps he would have been open to starting a new studio altogether.

However it turned out, I don't blame MS one bit, and I think Gears 4 was awesome so there's that.

Damn that Shangheist teaser didnt age well.

I'm still very intrigued by it and mourn the loss of what appeared to have been a spy thriller action game.

Oct 27, 2017
it will probably see announcements and info once PS5 as Scarlett consoles are shown. UE4 is doing really well though so I dont think they are in a rush tbh.
Yeah I still feel that the surface is just being scratched in terms of what UE4 can do. Look at the improvement between Gears 4 and the snippet we've seen of Gears 5.

Agreed, I think UE4 has some serious staying power if Epic wants to continue investing in it barring a technological breakthrough in engine tech that would warrant them breaking off 4 and going into UE5. I could see Epic continuing with UE4 for an additional generation and unveiling UE5 sometime around the mid-2020s.

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017

I believe Slipspace is using remanents of the old Blam engine.

Which could be limiting for other franchises.

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017

- ODST Battle Royale.
- Sunset Overdrive 2.
- Forza Horizon Japan.

- I'll echo sunset overdrive 2 (my favorite new IP of the gen, one of my favorite games ever), and while i liked quantum break, i'd greatly prefer a return to alan wake.
- "uncharted" crimson skies. while the game world is very much consistent with the franchise and planes, much of the game i'd like to see is played from a cinematic 3rd person on foot.
- "deus ex-lite" perfect dark, focused on gadgets, stealth, and player choice
- return to ryse but with a much deeper combat system. through in more mystical beats/gods. this could be the xbox god of war.
- shadowrun rpg

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I remember correctly, on a stream 343i did the guy who made the reveal trailer said it looks even better now because some things were place holders and more graphical features got activated since revealed

Not to be a Debbie downer, but I wasn't particularly blown away by the Infinite demo. It looked fine, but nothing mind blowing and certainly felt current-gen. So I would absolutely hope it looks better now behind the scenes.

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Damn that Shangheist teaser didnt age well.
same thoughts.

id rather have another splinter cell back to its roots vs what i seen there. (not like you can even tell what it would be from that teaser tbh, just a guy zip lining in and kicking a person standing guard and an animation of how a bullet is triggered...you could say it could be a thriller or just another rainbow six game. maybe a hitman clone lol )
im glad they moved onto gears and are showing off their amazing talent. i am really excited to see their work on gears 5. this is going to be so good. 4k, hdr and atmos. mmmmm baby

Deleted member 13645

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming Phil and Xbox really does want Crackdown to be one of their big franchises going forward, I wonder who will handle the development of a Crackdown 4. Would they give it to one of their internal studios now that they have more to work with, or would they stick with Sumo Digital for it?

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming Phil and Xbox really does want Crackdown to be one of their big franchises going forward, I wonder who will handle the development of a Crackdown 4. Would they give it to one of their internal studios now that they have more to work with, or would they stick with Sumo Digital for it?

I think it is fair to say that we prob wont see CD4 for a long time.

And if CD does come back, I suspect a reboot is the way to go.

Noble

Oct 27, 2017

Hmm good question... I wouldn't know.
But I doubt they give it to multiple game studios again.

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather developers just use what they are comfortable with instead of some arbitrary enforcement of internal tech.
Fully agree
I believe Slipspace is using remanents of the old Blam engine.

Which could be limiting for other franchises.
It almost certainly is. No one actually builds an engine from scratch, it makes no sense.

If you guys are interested in teams being able to get out games in a timely matter, using UE4 for just about everything makes the most sense. There's a reason we talk about how "efficient" it seems The Coalition is while 343 is taking their time with Halo, the answer is the engine. 343 has to spend time and resources investing in the engine tech while teams like the Coalition don't have to do that as much.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Not confirmed but a lot of job listings for the 2nd studio required UE4 experience, which makes sense especially as NT, Rare and Obsidian ( for the Outer worlds) are using UE4, good potential for revelant tech sharing (lighting, facial animations, water, dialogue wheels/ options etc).

Obsidians other project is also using UE4. Playgrounds RPG was hiring for UE4 experience, and the target engine could always change, but I kind of doubt it.

I think it's funny how so many people are already saying Crackdown is done and the game hasn't even come out yet. It could still do really well, or garner a huge vocal cult following, Gamepass could change the definition of success and even if it's critically panned, as long as the service has high subs it'll get played and Crackdown 4 could be a chance to fix every criticism about Crackdown 3.

Some bad previews, and even bad reviews, could mean dick all. I mean, Michael Bay made 5 Transformers movies. Five.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

I don't get both of these arguments tbh.

State of Decay isn't critically acclaimed, yet one of Xbox most successful franchises. Same for Sea of Thieves. No one is doubting these franchises will get further games/support, no?

And no, a hypothetical CD4 doesn't need a "reboot". Why?

The "Orbs" are strongly connected to the Xbox mind share. I can only see CD3 being a success, it seems to be the perfect Game Pass game.

Whatever they will do with the franchise next though - I'm sure they will learn from their marketing mistakes around the whole cloud topic.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Obsidians other project is also using UE4. Playgrounds RPG was hiring for UE4 experience, and the target engine could always change, but I kind of doubt it.

I think it's funny how so many people are already saying Crackdown is done and the game hasn't even come out yet. It could still do really well, or garner a huge vocal cult following, Gamepass could change the definition of success and even if it's critically panned, as long as the service has high subs it'll get played and Crackdown 4 could be a chance to fix every criticism about Crackdown 3.

Some bad previews, and even bad reviews, could mean dick all. I mean, Michael Bay made 5 Transformers movies. Five.
I don't get both of these arguments tbh.

State of Decay isn't critically acclaimed, yet one of Xbox most successful franchises. Same for Sea of Thieves. No one is doubting these franchises will get further games/support, no?

And no, a hypothetical CD4 doesn't need a "reboot". Why?

The "Orbs" are strongly connected to the Xbox mind share. I can only see CD3 being a success, it seems to be the perfect Game Pass game.

Whatever they will do with the franchise next though - I'm sure they will learn from their marketing mistakes around the whole cloud topic.

Hey, am personally excited for CD3. I have shown my enthusiasm. I just personally will be surprised MS tackles CD again in a short time.

I see SOD3 coming out quick because Undead now is part of MS and the increase budget should produce superior results.

I don't see a scenario where CD will be outsourced again. Unless MS is about to acquire Sumo or someone else who will personally invest in it.

Too many questions. Too many variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.