• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing State of Decay 2 again. Still awesome and incredibly addicting. Sounds like a new map is coming soon if I am reading the subreddit correctly. Also sounds like they announced the state of decay 1 map will be dlc later this year.

Lots of small qol and polish improvements have hit the game the last 6 montbs it seems too.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Is there a possibility that with the push through xCloud to reach mobile and such, that Xbox starts pursuing games that traditionally have been Nintendo's domain? Not just "mobile games", but games like Wooly World or Paper Mario or any 3DS game? Is there room for your phone to be your first "console"? I don't know how many casual gamers are going to boot up their phone to play Gears, but maybe there's a midpoint that would be a good entry place for people that will help them ramp up into more full-featured experiences? MS is definitely not geared up for that now and I don't see much speculation along those lines (except maybe Viva Pinata), but it seems like it could be a smart move to prepare for now? Maybe?

I think that can happen, but it's a weird place, because Microsoft isn't trying to really push mobile, as much as they're trying to eliminate the concept of device exclusion. X-Cloud should allow players to play on whateved device they want wherever and whenever. It kind of depends how the library works, tied to gamepass vs all your purchases vs a different list entirely, but I do think Microsoft will be branching out a lot more this gen with games of all kinds of tones and styles, both internally and with second party / third party partners.

I always thought the Hero dolls from Fable were a good cast for some fun little arcade games, but I guess if they were to target younger audiences that would be bad, because then these kids may want to play Fable and... That's probably, that's probably not gonna go over great with their parents.

Last edited:

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does Crackdown 3 really need a sequel? It's not a prestige name or anything, seems like they'd be better off trying a new IP or something.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
Does Crackdown 3 really need a sequel? It's not a prestige name or anything, seems like they'd be better off trying a new IP or something.

I think there's a lot they can do with Crackdown as an IP. Each of the games have always seemed like an afterthought which sucks because I think given an internal team, a non-turbulent Dev cycle, and the current leadership at Xbox, Crackdown could be a major tentpole for Xbox Game Studios.

That's a lot of ifs though.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think there's a lot they can do with Crackdown as an IP. Each of the games have always seemed like an afterthought which sucks because I think given an internal team, a non-turbulent Dev cycle, and the current leadership at Xbox, Crackdown could be a major tentpole for Xbox Game Studios.

That's a lot of ifs though.
I guess I'm always into moving on if a franchise doesn't have strong enough of an identity. There are things you could do with every franchise. But does the franchise command it? A clear example is Killzone - you could do more things with that franchise, but when the series isn't really that interesting or inspiring, I don't see the reason to bother. There are much wider horizons (hey!) to explore.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
Started playing State of Decay 2 again. Still awesome and incredibly addicting. Sounds like a new map is coming soon if I am reading the subreddit correctly. Also sounds like they announced the state of decay 1 map will be dlc later this year.

Lots of small qol and polish improvements have hit the game the last 6 montbs it seems too.
SoD2 gets a bad rep. It's honestly better than the first in nearly every way, and the first is one of my favorite games of the 360.

I only wish zombies wouldn't spawn near enclaves. So annoying trying to read dialog or trade, only to be rudely interrupted by a couple of zeds.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
SoD2 gets a bad rep. It's honestly better than the first in nearly every way, and the first is one of my favorite games of the 360.

I only wish zombies wouldn't spawn near enclaves. So annoying trying to read dialog or trade, only to be rudely interrupted by a couple of zeds.
i didn't play much of the first one until I read about the sequel, didn't really follow games on 360 closely back then but I loved it. And yeah the 2nd one is even better. Game is right up my alley. My favorite type of game genre these days is sim. And SOD2 is a really good zombie survival Simulator. Mix and Max situations and Mechanics and see what happens. Always a fun time.

Also has base building, another favorite genre of mine.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
I like the wishlists and seeing everyone's ideas. Here are mine.

343 - Halo: Infinite will theoretically be the end of the current Halo trilogy. For their next project, I would like to see 343 do something that mixes it up, maybe even just as a one-off. Switching up the genre would be really interesting, even if it was a smaller project with a faster development cycle or with a limited team and not the whole studio. I personally think the idea of a shorter narrative experience based on one of the more interesting Halo novels or a "Rogue Squadron" equivalent with a Crimson Skies spiritual successor in the Halo universe with a story campaign and a few online multiplayer modes are great ideas.

Compulsion - I think Compulsion's next project should be a 2D-platformer to kind of get their feet wet under the XGS banner. I think that both Ori and Cuphead's futures are a bit up in the air, and 2D platformers have huge followings. I think something a bit darker with great environmental storytelling would be a good fit from Compulsion. Something like Limbo with a bit more focus on running and jumping could be a really good addition to the catalog.

inXile - This one is easy for me. I'd love for inXile to have two teams making RPGs with unique settings and gameplay. I think that the most likely scenario is one team works on AAA first-person RPGs and one team works on AA CRPGs. I think the balance of setting is really difficult between Playground, Obsidian, and inXile. I would like to see a nice mix of genres. Personally, I think a "supernatural" RPG set in a modern time would be really interesting. Sort of like Quantum Break, but with different powers and abilities. It'd also be a nice balance with Wasteland, Fable, The Outer Worlds, and Pillars of Eternity.

Obsidian - I personally think that the path for Obsidian is obvious. If Outer Worlds is great, I would like Microsoft to buy the publishing rights and continue the series. I'd also like to see Pillars of Eternity come back for at least one more game, although I wouldn't be disappointed if Obsidian moved onto a new IP.

The Coalition - Not unlike 343, I'd like to see The Coalition take a bit of a Gears breather after Gears 5. I'd like to see them work on a smaller, quicker project, either inside the Gears Universe or out. Others here have speculated that The Coalition could make a horror game based in the Gears Universe and I think that's a great idea. Something like The Evil Within with ties to the Gears universe would certainly get me excited. A bigger wish I have for The Coalition is that they get a second full team and work on another project concurrently with Gears. I think Rod is a great studio head and everything about The Coalition screams efficiency, so I'd be excited to see what they could do with more muscle.

The Initiative - I don't think The Initiative is making Perfect Dark, but it's a wishlist right. If I was picking which project they were doing, I'd do a science-fiction open-world Perfect Dark reboot where you play as Joanna Dark, who is a detective facing a new threat in the city that she serves. The gameplay could be similar to GTA with a city filled with things to do and new missions, but I would emphasize how vertical the city is and include flying cars. The lower levels of the city could be seedier and the upper parts could be quite posh. It could all feel very much like Minority Report.

Turn 10 Studios/Playground Games (Racing Team) - I think that Forza should mix up their formula a bit by ditching the Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon names (after one entry each to solidify the brand on next-gen). It would be really cool if every year, the theme of Forza was different. Maybe Playground could work on Forza Street one year, while Turn 10 made Forza Rally the next year. I just think they need to mix things up a bit and it'd be a good start.

Undead Labs - I love State of Decay 2, despite all of its limitations. I'd love to see them really get all those frustrating limitations ironed out in the next State of Decay. I'd also love a bit of a new setting for State of Decay 3. I'd love a nice mix of rural areas and a city that feels like a city and not just a small collection of buildings.

Xbox Global Publishing - I would love for Xbox Global Publishing to change their targets a bit. If you're going to make a AAA game, make sure it's worthwhile by investing in a quality studio and putting them in a position to succeed. I feel like their track record on the larger titles this generation has been a bit spotty. If they're not going to invest in quality AAA games, I'd actually rather see them increase the number of AA and A games they partner with. These projects are a smaller risk, but can turn into amazing games if you partner with passionate creators with unique ideas.

Mojang - I love the idea of Minecraft: Dungeons. I hope it gets a ton of support and still feels uniquely Minecraft. If it's well-received, I hope they have a really cool support plan to load it with new content as time goes on.

Ninja Theory - My wish for Ninja Theory is three teams, two teams that make narrative-driven singleplayer experiences like Hellblade and a third team that makes more traditional video games like Enslaved. This would give Ninja Theory a game every 12-18 months and would be great additions to the catalog. For the narrative experiences, I just want Ninja Theory to get weird with it, like they did with Hellblade. I thought that was a totally fun and unique experience. I personally would want a game in the vein of Hellblade where you play as a cult-leader and hear a voice in you head that your character mistakenly believes is god. For the more traditional game, I'd like to see an action-adventure game in whatever unique setting that Ninja Theory dreams up.

Playground Games (Fable Team) - I would like to see the team reboot Fable entirely (throwing out everything) and just make the game they want to make. I think part of the reason that it's been reported that it is and isn't Fable or that plans have changed is because Playground isn't doing something that would fit our expectations of Fable. I think they should keep the Fable name, but let Playground do whatever they want. The thing I personally would like to see most is a unique sense of scale. Giants that are giant, castles that seemingly pierce the sky, but still smaller details like bugs and rich terrain.

Rare - Like Ninja Theory, I would like to see Rare go forward with multiple teams and a mix of smaller and larger experiences. I actually think Rare has done a great job managing Sea of Thieves as a GaaS, but I don't find the gameplay loop to be particularly satisfying. I would like for their next large project to be a new GaaS, but something entirely original. They tweeted some of the other ideas they had when they were developing Sea of Thieves and I think the alternatives were really interesting. I'd love to see one of them put into practice. Developing games like that can take a long time. In the meantime, I'd like to see Rare work on a smaller new project, similar to Banjo or Kameo, that will appeal to a different audience, but fill an important need for the catalog.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017

Agreed. I made it through 2.5 runs and intend on going back when the DLC comes out.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017

I was waiting until the game was in prime form before really giving it a go. How was that DLC that was supposed to make the game harder? One of my initial complaints was the lack of tension I felt because zombies were generally not that threatening unless you let your guard down or got careless.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
I was waiting until the game was in prime form before really giving it a go. How was that DLC that was supposed to make the game harder? One of my initial complaints was the lack of tension I felt because zombies were generally not that threatening unless you let your guard down or got careless.
Can't speak for the dlc, but they upped up the difficulty in the main game the longer you play. Zombies spawn much more, and hordes actually feel like hordes. Carrying distractions like fireworks, or having another survivor accompany you is almost a need in several situations.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I believe they made hordes 3 times as big later in the game. I started a new community and have noticed more hordes than usual as well. And I believe they have said that a difficulty slider or whatever is coming soon. I think the only DLC they have really had is a siege mode, and some bonus items. Bunch of free updates though.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
Does the New Zealand trick still work for playing games early. And if I do that will I be put into New Zealand servers in multiplayer games?

How much early will I be able to play?

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, Amazon is the best deal in gaming. They have a ridiculous return policy (something like 30 days). So you can buy a game, beat it, return it and get all your money back.
We call that return fraud/abuse and it actually ends in merchants charging more for goods because they have to build into their business model people like you. This is sad.

SpinierBlakeD

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
We call that return fraud/abuse and it actually ends in merchants charging more for goods because they have to build into their business model people like you. This is sad.
If GameStop and Best Buy didn't have such scummy buy back programs I might not have to do it this way. But when I beat a game I know I won't play again, my options are A) give it away. B) sell it to GameStop for $10 so they can turn around and sell it for $55 or C) Get a full refund. I'm just doing what I gotta do.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

343 - Halo: Infinite will theoretically be the end of the current Halo trilogy. For their next project, I would like to see 343 do something that mixes it up, maybe even just as a one-off. Switching up the genre would be really interesting, even if it was a smaller project with a faster development cycle or with a limited team and not the whole studio. I personally think the idea of a shorter narrative experience based on one of the more interesting Halo novels or a "Rogue Squadron" equivalent with a Crimson Skies spiritual successor in the Halo universe with a story campaign and a few online multiplayer modes are great ideas.

Compulsion - I think Compulsion's next project should be a 2D-platformer to kind of get their feet wet under the XGS banner. I think that both Ori and Cuphead's futures are a bit up in the air, and 2D platformers have huge followings. I think something a bit darker with great environmental storytelling would be a good fit from Compulsion. Something like Limbo with a bit more focus on running and jumping could be a really good addition to the catalog.

inXile - This one is easy for me. I'd love for inXile to have two teams making RPGs with unique settings and gameplay. I think that the most likely scenario is one team works on AAA first-person RPGs and one team works on AA CRPGs. I think the balance of setting is really difficult between Playground, Obsidian, and inXile. I would like to see a nice mix of genres. Personally, I think a "supernatural" RPG set in a modern time would be really interesting. Sort of like Quantum Break, but with different powers and abilities. It'd also be a nice balance with Wasteland, Fable, The Outer Worlds, and Pillars of Eternity.

Obsidian - I personally think that the path for Obsidian is obvious. If Outer Worlds is great, I would like Microsoft to buy the publishing rights and continue the series. I'd also like to see Pillars of Eternity come back for at least one more game, although I wouldn't be disappointed if Obsidian moved onto a new IP.

The Coalition - Not unlike 343, I'd like to see The Coalition take a bit of a Gears breather after Gears 5. I'd like to see them work on a smaller, quicker project, either inside the Gears Universe or out. Others here have speculated that The Coalition could make a horror game based in the Gears Universe and I think that's a great idea. Something like The Evil Within with ties to the Gears universe would certainly get me excited. A bigger wish I have for The Coalition is that they get a second full team and work on another project concurrently with Gears. I think Rod is a great studio head and everything about The Coalition screams efficiency, so I'd be excited to see what they could do with more muscle.

The Initiative - I don't think The Initiative is making Perfect Dark, but it's a wishlist right. If I was picking which project they were doing, I'd do a science-fiction open-world Perfect Dark reboot where you play as Joanna Dark, who is a detective facing a new threat in the city that she serves. The gameplay could be similar to GTA with a city filled with things to do and new missions, but I would emphasize how vertical the city is and include flying cars. The lower levels of the city could be seedier and the upper parts could be quite posh. It could all feel very much like Minority Report.

Turn 10 Studios/Playground Games (Racing Team) - I think that Forza should mix up their formula a bit by ditching the Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon names (after one entry each to solidify the brand on next-gen). It would be really cool if every year, the theme of Forza was different. Maybe Playground could work on Forza Street one year, while Turn 10 made Forza Rally the next year. I just think they need to mix things up a bit and it'd be a good start.

Undead Labs - I love State of Decay 2, despite all of its limitations. I'd love to see them really get all those frustrating limitations ironed out in the next State of Decay. I'd also love a bit of a new setting for State of Decay 3. I'd love a nice mix of rural areas and a city that feels like a city and not just a small collection of buildings.

Xbox Global Publishing - I would love for Xbox Global Publishing to change their targets a bit. If you're going to make a AAA game, make sure it's worthwhile by investing in a quality studio and putting them in a position to succeed. I feel like their track record on the larger titles this generation has been a bit spotty. If they're not going to invest in quality AAA games, I'd actually rather see them increase the number of AA and A games they partner with. These projects are a smaller risk, but can turn into amazing games if you partner with passionate creators with unique ideas.

Mojang - I love the idea of Minecraft: Dungeons. I hope it gets a ton of support and still feels uniquely Minecraft. If it's well-received, I hope they have a really cool support plan to load it with new content as time goes on.

Ninja Theory - My wish for Ninja Theory is three teams, two teams that make narrative-driven singleplayer experiences like Hellblade and a third team that makes more traditional video games like Enslaved. This would give Ninja Theory a game every 12-18 months and would be great additions to the catalog. For the narrative experiences, I just want Ninja Theory to get weird with it, like they did with Hellblade. I thought that was a totally fun and unique experience. I personally would want a game in the vein of Hellblade where you play as a cult-leader and hear a voice in you head that your character mistakenly believes is god. For the more traditional game, I'd like to see an action-adventure game in whatever unique setting that Ninja Theory dreams up.

Playground Games (Fable Team) - I would like to see the team reboot Fable entirely (throwing out everything) and just make the game they want to make. I think part of the reason that it's been reported that it is and isn't Fable or that plans have changed is because Playground isn't doing something that would fit our expectations of Fable. I think they should keep the Fable name, but let Playground do whatever they want. The thing I personally would like to see most is a unique sense of scale. Giants that are giant, castles that seemingly pierce the sky, but still smaller details like bugs and rich terrain.

Rare - Like Ninja Theory, I would like to see Rare go forward with multiple teams and a mix of smaller and larger experiences. I actually think Rare has done a great job managing Sea of Thieves as a GaaS, but I don't find the gameplay loop to be particularly satisfying. I would like for their next large project to be a new GaaS, but something entirely original. They tweeted some of the other ideas they had when they were developing Sea of Thieves and I think the alternatives were really interesting. I'd love to see one of them put into practice. Developing games like that can take a long time. In the meantime, I'd like to see Rare work on a smaller new project, similar to Banjo or Kameo, that will appeal to a different audience, but fill an important need for the catalog.

First of all, may I say, that's a hell of a post. Well done. I'm gonna try to respond to this with just as much pepper.

343i - I'd love to see them let Halo lie for a little bit, even just one game, and do something totally unexpected. Throw all of their resources at it and just go for broke, like Guerilla did with Horizon. Doesn't have to be an RPG like that, but a similar hard left from Halo.

InXile - for the most part, I'd like every studio to become capable of doing however many projects of whatever size they want. I'd also love to see InXile do a big AAA RPG inspired by like Buffy or Wayward, a mostly normal world inhabited by monsters and magic. I feel like it's a difficult thing to do, but it'd be awesome. I know InXile has 2 teams, I bet the AAA and AA split isn't too far off.

Obsidian - I think the way Private Division works is that Obsidian owns their IP, and any future entries would be all up to them. I don't think Take Two has any first refusal rights or anything, but I'm not sure. Obsidian is also working on a second project in very early stage, in Unreal engine, at the same time as Outer Worlds, I've gotten the impression that it's meant to be of a similar scale to Outer Worlds, but we won't really know until probably 2020.

Ninja Theory - I've never heard what I want from Ninja Theory articulated so perfectly as "get weird with it"

Playground - I think Playground should do whatever they want, agreed. If they want to make Fable they should make Fable, but if they want to do something completely new and different, they should do that and not call it Fable. I'm really excited for Fable to come back, I'm ready and I've been ready, but if it never happens I'll be okay. If Fable dies and we never go back to Albion, I'll be okay and won't love the franchise any less.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
If GameStop and Best Buy didn't have such scummy buy back programs I might not have to do it this way. But when I beat a game I know I won't play again, my options are A) give it away. B) sell it to GameStop for $10 so they can turn around and sell it for $55 or C) Get a full refund. I'm just doing what I gotta do.

You could just sell it yourself for $55 and not defraud anyone.

Its pretty amazing that you are blaming best buy and gamestop for YOUR scummy behavior towards Amazon.

SpinierBlakeD

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
You could just sell it yourself for $55 and not defraud anyone.

Its pretty amazing that you are blaming best buy and gamestop for YOUR scummy behavior towards Amazon.
Let's be real, what are the odds I find someone willing to buy a $55 used copy of a game?

Besides, I'm not defrauding anyone. There is a return option on Amazon called "no longer needed". I'm playing by the rules.

HughJayNus

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 29, 2018
Phil Spencer spent his Sunday evening playing Too Human o.O

I personally wouldn't mind seeing them give that IP another shot.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Let's be real, what are the odds I find someone willing to buy a $55 used copy of a game?

Besides, I'm not defrauding anyone. There is a return option on Amazon called "no longer needed". I'm playing by the rules.

If gamestop and best buy are selling them for $55, then obviously people must be willing to pay that much. With Craigslist, eBay, Facebook, etc, it's really not hard these days...

SpinierBlakeD

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
If gamestop and best buy are selling them for $55, then obviously people must be willing to pay that much. With Craigslist, eBay, Facebook, etc, it's really not hard these days...
If you're going to buy a used copy of a game, are you going to get it from a major, established brand? Or just some guy you don't know?

Splader

Feb 12, 2018

I bought Spiderman for 49.99 (CAD) through a preorder.

I then sold the game for 55 CAD.

If you buy smart, you can very easily game for cheap. Limit your buys to a few games a quarter (at most), take advantage of gamepass, and work on your backlog. Old games aren't any worse imo. Hell my most played game last year was Oblivion.

Worst case, look into gamesharing. Or you could just, you know, actually rent the game out for a week, beat it, and return it.

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018
So I take it we won't hear of anymore studio acquisitions until E3?

Thank God MS isn't bothering with doo doo studios like Typhoon. Hope they still snag IO, Turtle Rock, Moon and maybe 4A and maybe create a new big AAA studio.

Jun 22, 2018

Lol. No longer needed doesn't mean you've sufficiently used it and are done. It means you ordered it, but decided you don't need it and haven't used it.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
So I take it we won't hear of anymore studio acquisitions until E3?

Thank God MS isn't bothering with doo doo studios like Typhoon. Hope they still snag IO, Turtle Rock, Moon and maybe 4A and maybe create a new big AAA studio.
It's still bizarre that you're calling Typhoon 'doo doo' based on pretty much nothing.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
Someone put up the Klobb signal or the Hngg signal.

We need some deets

SpinierBlakeD

Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Lol. No longer needed doesn't mean you've sufficiently used it and are done. It means you ordered it, but decided you don't need it and haven't used it.
To be fair, I hardly ever actually return something (I'm the guy that replays games several times). Only games I returned recently was Detroit Become Human and Shadow of the Tomb Raider because I was sufficiently dissapointed in both.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
From Crackdown's official Discord, apparently: Crackdown 3's Wrecking Zone will not support lobbying with friends.

kd9rlvnbvsf21.png

That's... really odd. Although I'm not sure if this is an actual developer or official, so I'm taking it with a grain until I know for sure. Just something I saw on Reddit.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019

I would love a game that carries on the vibe of Sleeping Dogs. That city could have been much more detailed and full, but it felt like much more of a grounded and real location than GTA ever did. Sounds like there's a bit of the Deus Ex setting and aesthetic with the class separation, which could be pretty cool too. There is definitely something interesting about having a character along the lines of later Sam Fisher, separated from their agency but still driven to take action in their own way.

Deleted member 53021

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 3, 2019

Microsoft owns the Outer worlds ip so they don't have to buy it like you say..it's already theirs

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
They have a mountain of IP they could use to be fair. Phil probably does this often to see what can be used.
He should be playing Shadowrun.. >.<

The rumour in the BC thread is that Too Human is coming to BC, and that was first stated days before Phil started playing it. Frankly, I'd love another Too Human more than almost any other IP in their back catalogue, but I doubt that's realistically possible. At least Deadhaus Sonata seems to be taking some notes from it.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
From Crackdown's official Discord, apparently: Crackdown 3's Wrecking Zone will not support lobbying with friends.

kd9rlvnbvsf21.png

That's... really odd. Although I'm not sure if this is an actual developer or official, so I'm taking it with a grain until I know for sure. Just something I saw on Reddit.
this blows if its official. Guess campaign will do

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017

kd9rlvnbvsf21.png

Like i said in the other thread. This like a Nintendo thing to do not a MS who had made tons of these games. Just shows imo Wreckin Zone is just finished in time. Wich is kinda sad.
We get a technical test a week before release, campaign preload is up but Wrecking Zone not. No info on progression system and now this also. I agree the MP is more fun then i thought. But this shows what a mess CD3 has been imo. Like i said a couple of weeks ago. I am also at the point of yeah just release Crackdown so we can move on really. As the game feels like its the last game from "old xbox"

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like i said in the other thread. This like a Nintendo thing to do not a MS who had made tons of these games. Just shows imo Wreckin Zone is just finished in time. Wich is kinda sad.
We get a technical test a week before release, campaign preload is up but Wrecking Zone not. No info on progression system and now this also. I agree the MP is more fun then i thought. But this shows what a mess CD3 has been imo. Like i said a couple of weeks ago. I am also at the point of yeah just release Crackdown so we can move on really. As the game feels like its the last game from "old xbox"

Yeah, MS did well to make us think that Crackdown 3 was basically done for a while and they've just been refining it, and while that may be true for the campaign, by the scope and the features of the multiplayer it really looks like they've made that part pretty much last minute. Nothing like the year or so of the Sea Of Thieves alphas and betas or how Halo games often get tested out well over a year before their actual release, too. Oh well, my expectations are probably fair for Crackdown 3, I expect more of what made CD1 great but I don't think it's gonna be a modern or a particularly great game per se. Worst case scenario I'll keep on staying addicted to Apex Legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.