• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I know they just released a game. But they seem to be operating on life support for a while with no new project announced.

And now she is not even appearing on a show dedicated to women despite being more well known than any other of them (at least for me, never heard or seen most of the ladies before)
Uh.. if you guys missed it, that wasn't every woman who works in Xbox. Obviously. That was just some of the key women who work on the production team for Inside Xbox. Shannon, Kiki, and Bonnie have nothing to do with Inside Xbox. The "new hosts" have always been producers on the show anyway, so it's not like they brought in outside talent. This says nothing about Shannon, who is still a visible presence at Microsoft.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
giphy.gif

Step outside the bubble. Small minority here who I am talking about but still. And some other people have said same thing. Specially when Microsoft started buying studios things got out of hand.

Let's agree to disagree.
Halo is Pokemon lvl in their respective home turf but Pokemon is bigger worldwide is an acceptable middle ground?

That said, and as one of the usual suspects when it comes to crazy theorycrafting, I appreciate your concern but it's not necessary.
I'm perfectly aware most of our theories are nothing more than wishful thinking.
But the thing is, it's fun.
And even with low spectations you can still be disappointed, might as well be disappointed because you dream big ;)

Do you understand that Pokemon is highest grossing media franchise in the world?

It's second best gaming franchise, ollu behind Mario.

So no. Halo doesn't come to close to Mario and Halo isn't event it's glory days anymore, although it can raise again with infinite being huge success.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Would love if Xbox does a big segment also at the PC show at E3. Where Spencer comes on stage and show what they will do for PC.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Do you guys think MS would let Sony buy Take Two and not do a counter offer? Or maybe counter by purchasing another big publisher. I'm curious if Xbox studio would react to Sony's purchases

Sep 26, 2018
People will buy the xbox console next generation. a pc to play a game like halo it's going cost me like £2000. i can't afford that kind of money.

Raider34

Banned
May 8, 2018
United States
Do you guys think MS would let Sony buy Take Two and not do a counter offer? Or maybe counter by purchasing another big publisher. I'm curious if Xbox studio would react to Sony's purchases
Silly rumor but Microsoft should really consider buying them you want Gamepass to be big get the content the casuals like you can let take two run the same only thing different is the games come to Gamepass day one you got 7.5 billion for gibhub then you can make a real investment into gaming the same for around 14-15 billion that gives you all the sports except football and boxing also you get gta,mafia,Max Payne,bully,red dead,bio shock and a host of others games would still be on other platforms so nobody can really complain about it just a win win for Microsoft and Gamepass owners but that's just my fantasy to be able to play a few more games I like for a monthly or yearly fee

Parker Petrov

Nov 1, 2017
Are you replying this for serious.
Btw is that thread being serious too lol.

If microsoft really wants that outer worlds exclusivity. This would be one way to ensure it. In all seriousness though. I dont think its likely but if take two is on the market. it makes more sense for microsoft then Sony. Civilizations on xbox and pc, NBA 2k in gamepass, etc. take two as a publisher has alot of good synergies that would work Microsoft's business strategy. Plus you get rockstar as your prestige studio.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
Silly rumor but Microsoft should really consider buying them you want Gamepass to be big get the content the casuals like you can let take two run the same only thing different is the games come to Gamepass day one you got 7.5 billion for gibhub then you can make a real investment into gaming the same for around 14-15 billion that gives you all the sports except football and boxing also you get gta,mafia,Max Payne,bully,red dead,bio shock and a host of others games would still be on other platforms so nobody can really complain about it just a win win for Microsoft and Gamepass owners but that's just my fantasy to be able to play a few more games I like for a monthly or yearly fee
Most of those IP aren't in active development, or take tons of years. They'd be better off buying 20 studios with the money it would cost to get Take-Two. Hell they'd probably be able to buy Bethesda with that kind of coin, or at least the rights to Todd Howard's soul.

This publisher talk is boring.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018

That rumor is almost certainly legless, Take Two publishes several well loved multiplatform franchises, a lot of their value is in them being multiplatform. Yes Sony could acquire Take Two and just keep those franchises multiplatform, see Minecraft, but still. Plus there would be so much redundancy created for Sony, they'd be buying a bunch of stuff they already have and then having to shut it down or canabalize it. A lot of people would lose their jobs.

Sony could acquire Take Two, just like Microsoft could acquire EA, but it'd be insanely expensive and so risky as to almost certainly not be worth it.

But let's imagine for a second it did happen, I don't think Microsoft would respond in kind, taking a huge risk just because a competitor is taking a huge risk is... well, risky. You may see Microsoft redouble its acquisition efforts, start acquiring studios even more rapidly, or starts acquiring / partnering with larger studios.

Maybe also if it was a hostile take over situation, like Vivendi tried of Ubisoft or EA has done in the past, you may see Microsoft offer to help them fight it off in exchange for something, maybe Take Two sells off some studios in exchange for major investment or something, or partner on exclusives, I'm just blue-skying this because I'm not a business expert, but you get the idea.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Most of those IP aren't in active development, or take tons of years. They'd be better off buying 20 studios with the money it would cost to get Take-Two. Hell they'd probably be able to buy Bethesda with that kind of coin, or at least the rights to Todd Howard's soul.

This publisher talk is boring.

Yep, Bethesda is the one publisher I could potentially see getting purchased, but even that seems like a massive stretch at the moment.

There's still a bunch of high quality indie studios out there for MS to look at. If I'm Phil, I'm looking at IO Interactive, Aurora44, and Frictional.

Jan 4, 2018
That rumor is almost certainly legless, Take Two publishes several well loved multiplatform franchises, a lot of their value is in them being multiplatform. Yes Sony could acquire Take Two and just keep those franchises multiplatform, see Minecraft, but still. Plus there would be so much redundancy created for Sony, they'd be buying a bunch of stuff they already have and then having to shut it down or canabalize it. A lot of people would lose their jobs.

Sony could acquire Take Two, just like Microsoft could acquire EA, but it'd be insanely expensive and so risky as to almost certainly not be worth it.

But let's imagine for a second it did happen, I don't think Microsoft would respond in kind, taking a huge risk just because a competitor is taking a huge risk is... well, risky. You may see Microsoft redouble its acquisition efforts, start acquiring studios even more rapidly, or starts acquiring / partnering with larger studios.

Maybe also if it was a hostile take over situation, like Vivendi tried of Ubisoft or EA has done in the past, you may see Microsoft offer to help them fight it off in exchange for something, maybe Take Two sells off some studios in exchange for major investment or something, or partner on exclusives, I'm just blue-skying this because I'm not a business expert, but you get the idea.
Well, T2 value is around 11b, while Sony's is a little less than 60b
Considering they'll have to pay more than the value for the aquisition it means they'll have to spend around 25% of what they're valued at, wich would be equivalent of going all-in, and given the current market situation they have no need to put themselves in a dangerous position like this.
As for MS responding to that huge risk taking a huge risk, to be an equivalent risk MS would need to buy Activision, Square, Capcom, Konami, Sega, EA, CDPR and they still won't be risking as much relative to the whole company as Sony would in this case.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Considering they'll have to pay more than the value for the aquisition it means they'll have to spend around 25% of what they're valued at, wich would be equivalent of going all-in, and given the current market situation they have no need to put themselves in a dangerous position like this.
As for MS responding to that huge risk taking a huge risk, to be an equivalent risk MS would need to buy Activision, Square, Capcom, Konami, Sega, EA, CDPR and they still won't be risking as much relative to the whole company as Sony would in this case.
https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-03-13-about-those-rumors-sony-is-buying-take-two
If this ends up being true it would give MS even more reason to go wild with their acquisitions.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
what does that mean then?
lets see this conversation so far ...

Shannon wasn't in inside xbox!
HEY look, they posted a new job in MSGP

and the trajectory of this seems to go this way :
(negative narrative so far with any positive information for xbox)
"well that means she is getting fired because lets face it, crackdown 3 is bomba and its all her fault"
and another cycle begins .. sigh
If Crackdown 3 was her "fault" then she is more than welcome to stay as far as I'm concerned. Love the game and I hope the negativity by the press does not sway Ms into stopping doing those kind of games.

But it's weird, we are seeing big movements from all the studios, except MSGP. I mean it makes sense Ms starts focusing more on internal studios, but all that silence is strange when everything else is super ultra transparent.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
Microsoft's pockets are so deep its fucking insaaaaaaaaane

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
If Crackdown 3 was her "fault" then she is more than welcome to stay as far as I'm concerned. Love the game and I hope the negativity by the press does not sway Ms into stopping doing those kind of games.

But it's weird, we are seeing big movements from all the studios, except MSGP. I mean it makes sense Ms starts focusing more on internal studios, but all that silence is strange when everything else is super ultra transparent.

i dont think so, but its something ive seen mentioned a lot in threads, including this one. just pointing out a fact that anything and almost everything has a huge negative conversation. could be the best thing ever for gamers, but then it just tangents into "what about this!?" .. its really tiring. i think this is the first time ive really utilized my ignore button a lot more than in the past and at the previous place we dont mention anymore. im sure plenty of people have me on ignore too.

Aug 26, 2018

I really believe Ubisoft would be the best fit for MS. They can buy them for less than 9 Billion and will get a lot of value but they have a LOT of Employees though.

Look at the franchise power they have:

• Ghost Recon
  • Rainbow Six
  • AC
  • Far Cry
  • The Division

All of these games are 5 Million Sellers atleast and having them as exclusives would be amazing.

Rainbow Six and The Division also gives them the eSports and Twitch audiences they desire and they are one of those companies that does GaaS right.

If not Capcom would also be good with their own amazing franchises:

• Resident Evil
  • DmC
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Street Fighter
They give them a coveted AAA Japanese Studio and would really boost their value.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
why hello there.

are you doing something you aren't supposed to be doing
I mean...I was about to open an incognito tab and uhh take care of some important business.
not sure why an orange mascot just walked into my room to watch me tho.

I can see Microsoft purchasing Bethesda, Capcom, Square Enix, CDPR etc. Those smaller publishers are something that I can see Microsoft buying, if they wanted that is.
it would be pretty fuckin insane if they did something like that.
They could, they have the money but I just see them sticking to studios like Ninja Theory and Compulsion.

Deleted member 43077

Banned
May 9, 2018
I really believe Ubisoft would be the best fit for MS. They can buy them for less than 9 Billion and will get a lot of value but they have a LOT of Employees though.

Look at the franchise power they have:

• Ghost Recon
  • Rainbow Six
  • AC
  • Far Cry
  • The Division

All of these games are 5 Million Sellers atleast and having them as exclusives would be amazing.

Rainbow Six and The Division also gives them the eSports and Twitch audiences they desire and they are one of those companies that does GaaS right.

If not Capcom would also be good with their own amazing franchises:

• Resident Evil
  • DmC
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Street Fighter
They give them a coveted AAA Japanese Studio and would really boost their value.
I just dont see this type of deal ever happening.

I just dont dream big enough Era im sorry. I have failed you.

Status
Not open for further replies.