• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IF Sony goes for Take Two then I agree MS should pursue Ubisoft.

Ubi have no reason to, they are constantly outperforming themselves each time, all their franchises are glowing and they can't seem to do anything wrong.

I thought Capcom or Sega would be picked up by MS at some point but with Capcom resurging that's not likely to happen.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
I think a ton of acquisitions make sense for Microsoft. That would be good for no one. People would lose jobs. They have way too many employees in sectors that Microsoft would struggle with and it would generally be a nightmare for a lot of people. Don't do that to Yves or the Ubisoft crew!

I highly doubt they fought off Vivendi only to turn around and be acquired by Microsoft. I would also imagine you'll be hearing a ton about Ubisoft in six days at the Google Games presser.
1200x800.jpg

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
How do you think this turns out for you

Well, eventually the answer will be yes, and that will be a good day.

Yep, Bethesda is the one publisher I could potentially see getting purchased, but even that seems like a massive stretch at the moment.

I believe Bethesda is owned by Zenimax already, so they'd have to either be willing to sell or Microsoft would have to be willing to buy Zenimax outright. See my above post about redundancy.

Ubisoft has already shown they don't really want to be acquired, and Microsoft isn't in the business of hostile takeovers, otherwise they'd probably own Bioware and Respawn right now.

MS is not going to spend 11 billion on acquiring a company for gaming purposes.

I mean, they spent 2.5 billion for Minecraft, which was just one game. I don't think Microsoft will acquire a publisher, but it's not because they aren't going to spend money on gaming, it's because it wouldn't be worth it.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
why are people evening giving this take-two stuff a thought. It would be the equivalent of Microsoft's buying EA, activision,Ubisoft, and take-two. So... not happening.

Mington

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Dec 22, 2018
It will be Google/Amazon who snap up a publisher first.

MS being in third

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
What a time to be alive, Google stepping into the picture.

I get the feeling MS have ramped up their efforts in gaming was Google and Amazon more than anything because of their financial reach.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Buying a publisher doesn't make sense on many fronts for Microsoft. #1, aside from overlap in marketing people, is that Microsoft is taking some different approaches to marketing in general. With Game Pass and Mixer, I get the feeling they'll cut back on traditional marketing.

That money buying EA or Ubi Soft could be used to fund a lot of mega projects. Hire a lot of top end industry talent. Too much of the cost of buying a publisher is paying for storefronts/launchers, publishing positions and IP.

Personally looking forward to seeing if Microsoft can establish their own IP. With Game Pass and now opening up to the PC user base, they'll have more than enough eyes on their products to generate mindshare if the products are good.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PS Now has made me a lot more positive towards streaming as it works really well, at least on my laptop and my PC (Bloodborne on PC is dope).

However, I see MD keeps talking about streaming on the commute. It's gonna be expensive as hell with 4G.

Oct 25, 2017
Buying publishers doesn't make any sense to any of the big three. Fuck the idea of them buying publishers. The amount of people getting fired would be insane.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
I think people have taken the notion of MS having "infinite money" and ran away with it in crazy directions.

What was the last studio MS aqcuired, InXile? The indie studio that just put out a Bard's Tale IV, a game that's probably not selling well on Xbox anyways? Oh, that means MS is totally gearing up to buy Sega and Rockstar, 'cause those companies are totally of the same magnitude, right?

It's just silly. I know MS is looking for talent, and that all they want, and all we want, is the best for Xbox, but people need to chill out. There's no huge brain drain happening in the industry, and MS is not aiming to hold a monopoly on all video games.

Last edited:

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
It will be Google/Amazon who snap up a publisher first.

MS being in third

Google, maybe, Amazon, less likely but maybe. Amazon definitely already has publishing in house, but it's not huge so they could probably merge it with some existing publisher.

But Microsoft will not be buying a publisher, Microsoft is a publisher, maybe they buy a small indie type publisher, run them as a regional part of MSGP or something, but there's wayyyyy too much kit to mix for them to buy and absorb a publisher of any size and renown.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
I think a ton of acquisitions make sense for Microsoft. That would be good for no one. People would lose jobs. They have way too many employees in sectors that Microsoft would struggle with and it would generally be a nightmare for a lot of people. Don't do that to Yves or the Ubisoft crew!

I highly doubt they fought off Vivendi only to turn around and be acquired by Microsoft. I would also imagine you'll be hearing a ton about Ubisoft in six days at the Google Games presser.
1200x800.jpg
It would be good for me, GTA 6 in Gamepass! The only reason I'd care for any publisher acquisition, 'free' games and potential revivals IP I love.

Slowsonic

Feb 25, 2018
More unlikely things have happened, but Sony buying a 10 billion dollars game publisher would be quite towards the top of that list.

we talking about wipe out company's almost entire cash reserve to purchase an asset almost generated to decrease in value in short term because of losing access to other platforms, overlapping publish wing.

if they do this, they will lose the capacity for any other major acquisition/investment for the ENTIRE Sony Corp for a considerable amount of time.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
More unlikely things have happened, but Sony buying a 10 billion dollars game publisher would be quite towards the top of that list.

we talking about wipe out company's almost entire cash reserve to purchase an asset almost generated to decrease in value in short term because of losing access to other platforms, overlapping publish wing.

if they do this, they will lose the capacity for any other major acquisition/investment for the ENTIRE Sony Corp for a considerable amount of time.

They wouldn't need another acquisition for a very long time, about a generation's length.

Parker Petrov

Nov 1, 2017
Why whould Microsoft spend 50B to buy 1 company (EA) when they can just open 100 studios with that money.

Makes no sense.

Opening a studio doing from scratch isn't guaranteed to be successful. Plus you forget companies like Microsoft and google have money sitting around. So let's say google or Microsoft buy take two. In order for them to consider it a good investment they only have to net out more profit then the money would generate just sitting there.

Plus while A company like a microsoft may not buy a publisher unprovoked they do to stop a competitor from purchasing a Strategic asset. LinkedIn was purchased to stop salesforce from buying them. They'd rather use the strategic asset themselves then let a competitor have them.

itchi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's really hard to justify those huge acquisitions because as soon as Take-Two are acquired they lose a ton of value from no longer being on every platform. Gone are the days of GTA being the largest entertainment release so essentially they would be heavily overpaying. It makes far more sense to build small studios up, not the other way around. I also think EA is a terrible acquisition as half of their valuation comes from FUT microtransactions.

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
It's really hard to justify those huge acquisitions because as soon as Take-Two are acquired they lose a ton of value from no longer being on every platform. Gone are the days of GTA being the largest entertainment release so essentially they would be heavily overpaying. It makes far more sense to build small studios up, not the other way around. I also think EA is a terrible acquisition as half of their valuation comes from FUT microtransactions.
They probably wouldn't lose too much if bought by Microsoft, due to them wanting Gamepass on everything and anything. Not saying it will or should happen, it'd probably be a Minecraft situation again. Although GTA would be a big system seller as an exclusive, and would bring many into their ecosystem who might have been on Playstation otherwise.

All I know is I want Bully 2.
There are much cheaper ways to buy IP than a Publisher, look at THQ Nordic
They really should make a new Destroy All Humans, one that's as good as Pandemic's first two.

Aug 23, 2018
It's really hard to justify those huge acquisitions because as soon as Take-Two are acquired they lose a ton of value from no longer being on every platform

Ironically, this is why it would make more sense for MS to buy them rather than Sony. At the very least those 2k (edit: Take-Two!) games will be on Xbox, PC, GamePass and whatever platform supports xCloud streaming. At best they do what they did with Minecraft and just continue releasing it natively on everything. Sony is much more likely to just lock the games on PS5. And MAYBE streaming.

That being said, I definitely don't think either of these companies are buying a major 3rd party publisher nor do I want them to.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
the new Xbox Game Studios logo in Sea of Thieves is sooooo nice.

They are doing custom ones per game it seems. Shit is gonna look sooo clean

Sexyphobe

Banned
Aug 14, 2018
On one hand I'd love to see Microsoft reboot a bunch of Ubisoft or EA IP, and get them on Gamepass.

On the other hand there's plenty of IP Microsoft already owns/may own with future studio acquisitions that I wish they'd focus on.

On the other, OTHER hand I want Obsidian to make a Futurama game. They already have John Dimaggio on speedcall with Gears/Marcus Fenix, so that's one voice actor down. Or maybe a Futurama easter egg in Gears of War 5?

Oct 25, 2017
25 more jobs today ( 03/13/19 )

Senior Software Development Engineer - 343 Industries
Redmond, Washington, United States
343 Industries, the studio developing Halo games, is looking for a Senior Client Engineer to join Halo Infinite's Live team, building the core user experience that glues the various Halo modes together. We are seeking a talented, experienced generalist that relishes the opportunity to work on an iconic franchise and help it live and breathe as a service for years to come.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/597109/Senior-Software-Development-Engineer

Outsource Producer - 343 Industries
343 Industries is looking for an Outsource Producer to help manage the development of efforts across external co-development partners. Qualified applicants need to be highly organized with strong communication skills to successfully manage development teams and ensure the timely delivery of quality content. This individual will manage day-to-day project operations, align development partner and internal resources, and maintain adherence to product vision and quality. Executing on a project and vision takes many traits, but above all stand teamwork, leadership and a dedication to excellence.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/548955/Outsource-Producer

Senior Program Manager - 343 Industries
343 Industries, the studio developing Halo Infinite, is looking for a talented, passionate, and effective Senior Program Manager to join the team building the Slipspace engine to power Halo Infinite. As a Senior Program Manager, you will drive the product development for Halo Infinite on PC. Come be part of a studio that pushes boundaries of technology, creativity and imagination. A studio that is player obsessed. A place where teammates seek to amplify each other.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/560546/Senior-Program-Manager

Software Engineer II - Turn 10 Studios
Microsoft's Turn 10 Studios, creator of the highly-acclaimed Forza Motorsport franchise, is looking for an experienced C++ game developer to help deliver the next generation of Forza Motorsport titles. If hired, you will be on a multi-discipline feature-team, working directly with designers, producers, testers, and other developers to deliver high quality features to our customers. We are looking for someone that has well-rounded experience in different areas of game development.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/563974/Software-Engineer-II-Turn-10-Studios

Senior Software Design Engineering Lead - Turn 10 Studios
The developer behind the highly acclaimed Forza franchise, Turn 10 Studios, is looking for a Software Design Engineer Lead to drive efforts to expand scalability and efficiency across our build, content pipeline and tools systems. As a member of the Core Engineering team, you will be responsible for designing and building highly scalable, distributed, reliable, business critical systems that process terabytes of data every day using hundreds of compute cores and GPUs. Here is an opportunity to define and deliver a modern continuous delivery pipeline.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en...tware-Design-Engineering-Lead-Turn-10-Studios

Senior Producer - Turn 10 Studios
The Senior Producer is accountable for delivery of project milestones and ensuring the team consistently delivers value to our players. The role's primary responsibilities include using metrics to influence team priorities, coordinating deliverables across multiple teams, disciplines, and development partners, as well empowering the team to create an amazing experience for our players.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/585461/Senior-Producer-Turn-10-Studios

Software Engineer - Mojang - Minecraft
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and fosters a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. We are looking for a developer to join our player experience team and help contribute to the evergreen experience of Minecraft.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/544069/Software-Engineer

Senior Software Engineer - Mojang - Minecraft
Software Engineer 2, Minecraft

Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. The Minecraft team is looking for a developer to lead and drive the timely delivery of next generation game technology and foundations.

Software Engineers take end-to-end ownership for development and quality of products and services that delight customers and add strategic value to Microsoft. They evaluate requirements, estimate costs, and design and implement products and services. They define and implement the quality criteria for their products and services, using measurements and insights to understand and validate the quality of experience for customers. They manage and improve the engineering process, manage risks, dependencies and compromises, and integrate software into broader ecosystems and/or products and services.

As an experienced software engineer you work with peers across disciplines (Art, Design, Production, and Test) to build robust features on a predictable schedule and at high quality. You identify technology opportunities, risks, and prototyping new techniques to create high quality player-focused games.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/488129/Senior-Software-Engineer

Principal Program Manager - Mojang - Minecraft
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. The Minecraft team is looking for a producer to lead and drive the timely delivery of next generation game technology and foundations.

You are a seasoned principal program manager who has worked with teams of engineers, designers, and artists to create high quality player-focused games. You love bringing definition to complex technology projects and are an expert at navigating ambiguous spaces. Your technical expertise and attention to detail enables you to identify risks, drive development with predictability, and challenge how we work to continuously improve. Relationships and teamwork are important to how you inspire and lead the teams to deliver their best work. You are a team player that does what it takes with no ego. You also have an intolerance for mediocrity and are unafraid to take a stand on what you believe is right.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/544819/Principal-Program-Manager

Senior Program Manager - Mojang - Minecraft
Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and brings together a community that is among the most active and passionate in the world. Minecraft is also increasingly used in the classroom to support learning across a wide range of subjects. The Minecraft: Education Edition team is looking for a Senior Program Manager with a passion for education and an entrepreneurial spark to join us in our mission to empower teachers and students with Minecraft. This is a unique opportunity to change how people teach and learn, and to influence and shape education for the long-term.

You are a Senior Program Manager who is passionate about delivering great experiences and support to customers. You will use your technical capabilities combined with customer engagement skills to deliver a seamless – even delightful – experience onboarding and using Minecraft: Education Edition. Using your strong customer empathy and passion for listening to feedback, you will drive continuous improvement in both product and onboarding through beta programs, adoption programs and customer support. You will bring a sense of urgency to solving blockers to deployment or usage, in collaboration with cross-organization engineering teams. You do not need to be a Minecraft expert to succeed in this unique and fun role – though you may become one!
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/583431/Senior-Program-Manager

Does the idea of a fast-paced, continually evolving, customer-centric environment focused on making amazing gameplay experiences excite you?

The Studios Quality team at Microsoft is looking for an experienced Software Engineer with a history in, and a real passion for, software quality that wants to make a big impact on the future of the Minecraft Franchise. Minecraft inspires millions to create together, connects people across the globe, and features a community of the most active and passionate players in the world. Our customer base grows every day and our technology, methods, and frameworks need to grow with it. To continue being the best we must hire the best.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/571127/Software-Engineer

Principal Program Manager - Xbox First Party Studios
Do you have a passion for gaming and the future of entertainment? Are you excited about the technology that drives innovation in the digital entertainment space? Do you want to work on multiple products that entertain millions of people across the globe on any given day? If so, Xbox First Party Studios is seeking a highly motivated and qualified Principal Program Manager to help drive strategic central projects for Xbox First Party Studios.

We are seeking a candidate that thrives on a challenge and can maintain composure while helping deliver products to market in a fast paced and exciting environment. We are looking for an execution-oriented program manager who will act as an accelerant for organizational change to help Xbox First Party Studios find efficiencies and scale in multiple areas of the business. Desirable candidates will have strong technical and collaboration skills in either game platform and/or game production experience and will work across organizational boundaries in support of the broader Xbox First Party Studios organization.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/578644/Principal-Program-Manager

Principal Security Program Manager - Xbox First Party Studios
Do you love Games? Are you passionate about the future of the industry? Are you a seasoned security professional that wants to help shape how Xbox First Party Studios addresses security concerns? If so, we are seeking a highly motivated and qualified Principal Program Manager to help drive strategic security initiatives for Xbox First Party Studios.

We are seeking an execution-oriented program manager who thrives on a challenge. Desirable candidates will have strong technical and collaboration skills as well as experience leading large scale security projects. This person will work across organizational boundaries in support of the broader Xbox First Party Studios organization.

As the focal point for security for Xbox First Party Studios you will be responsible for interpreting, negotiating, and implementing security policy/standards/requirements across all our studios as well as the broader MS Security community to improve our overall security posture. You will engage with platform and security partners to both learn and drive deep awareness on issues impacting Xbox First Party Studios business. An ideal candidate would bring experience, perspective, and expertise from other game studios or complementary industries.
[/quote]
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/578661/Principal-Security-Program-Manager

Software Engineer - MSGP
Software Engineer
Microsoft Studios Global Publishing

Microsoft Studios Global Publishing is looking for passionate, game and technology industry veterans to help us drive new entertainment franchises with some of the best partners from around the globe. This is a rare opportunity to join a creatively driven team of people, develop exciting new projects, and take advantage of the newest technology available with backing and support from across Microsoft. Join the team driving AAA game development that sets the standard for entertainment across a growing family of devices including Xbox and Windows 10.

Wanted! Software Engineer.

Must have a strong background in release/sustainment engineering. We're looking for a Software Engineer who can create and maintain tools and infrastructure to support the development, release, deployment, and sustainment of our extensive and diverse portfolio. The ideal candidate has a passion in this space, understands first party development, enjoys collaborating with internal and external partners, and has a record of accomplishment for delivering high quality results.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/479209/Software-Engineer

Senior Software Engineer - MSGP
Microsoft Studios Global Publishing is looking for passionate, game and technology industry veterans to help us drive new entertainment franchises with some of the best partners from around the globe. This is a rare opportunity to join a creatively driven team of people, develop exciting new projects, and take advantage of the newest technology available with backing and support from across Microsoft.

Join the team driving AAA game development that sets the standard for entertainment across a growing family of devices including Xbox and Windows 10.

Wanted! Senior Software Engineer. Must have experience in software engineering for AAA games. We're looking for someone with strong communication skills and a self-driven approach to work. The ideal candidate understands first party development, enjoys collaborating with internal and external partners, and has a track record for delivering high quality software. A qualified applicant must have five or more years of experience with C++, experience shipping multiple AAA console or PC games, and demonstrate proficient technical skills with game engine systems and engineering.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/390363/Senior-Software-Engineer

Senior Software Development Engineer - Xbox Live
Are you interested in working on world-class technical challenges, applied to the fun world of gaming? Do you want to work with a group of passionate, fun people on unleashing game developers and community creativity?

Xbox Live is the leading gamer network spanning console, PC and mobile games and is central to Microsoft's gaming strategy; its services power the breadth of social gaming experiences with Xbox Live clubs, achievements, leaderboards, community hubs, game hubs, game activity feed, and much more. Xbox Live has an exemplary future as it expands to serve many more scenarios where consumers, and creators interact with each other.

We are looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer for the Xbox Live team who is smart, highly motivated, independent and innovative. In this role you will need to be passionate about building experience in the mobile and pc space while also building highly reliable, secure and scalable services that enable tens of millions of gamers to play online every day. You will work in the Intelligence & Growth team for Xbox Live that has a bold charter of driving more MAU to the platform, and we need you to help us take that next step. You will be driving insights, and building new features on XLens platform. We will bring these innovations everywhere gamers are – PC, mobile, web, Xbox console and beyond.

In this role, you will be in a unique position to deeply impact Xbox Live's future and growth, as well as help partner teams like Game Pass, Mixer and PlayFab reach their goals.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/527561/Senior-Software-Development-Engineer

Principal Software Engineering Lead - Xbox Live
In Xbox Live we strive to bring rich gaming experiences to developers and users. Our team is looking for a Software Engineering Lead who is passionate about team culture and game technology. As a leader in this group, you would help us build software for the developer community and light up Xbox Live experiences for a whole new population of gamers.

This team builds a gaming SDK and associated experiences that run across all platforms that Xbox Live reaches. Experience with native, cross-platform development is important and the breadth of our reach represents an opportunity to work across many technology stacks. Success in this area requires great communication and collaboration as new features depend on coordination across internal and external teams coming from service, client, and game groups. Beyond this, guiding a far-reaching SDK team means making challenging choices between short-term gains and long-term technology commitments.

This is your chance to bring gaming scenarios to life across all devices, while adding huge value to the Xbox business.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/551863/Principal-Software-Engineering-Lead

Senior Software Engineer - Xbox Live
This team builds a gaming SDK and associated experiences that run across all platforms that Xbox Live reaches. Experience with native, cross-platform development is important and the breadth of our reach represents an opportunity to work across many technology stacks. Success in this area requires great communication and collaboration as new features depend on coordination across internal and external teams coming from service, client, and game groups.

This is your chance to bring gaming scenarios to life on devices that nearly everyone has, while adding huge value to the Xbox business.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/579458/Senior-Software-Engineer

Xbox Live, the leading gamer network spanning console, PC and mobile games, is central to Microsoft's gaming strategy. Xbox Live provides the breadth of social gaming experiences with Xbox Live clubs, friends, chat, messaging, community hubs, game hubs, game activity feed, and much more. Xbox Live has an exemplary future as it expands to serve many more scenarios where consumers, and creators interact with each other.

According to Microsoft Gaming EVP Phil Spencer: "The number of people in the last 30 days that have engaged with an Xbox Live game on either Windows or Xbox 360 or Xbox One is the critical factor for our team to gauge our success". Monthly Active Users (MAU) is reported to Wall Street during the quarterly earning calls. We have an audacious goal to substantially increase Xbox Live MAU across devices and platforms. Do you want to be among the front runners to deliver this mission? Do you ideate in the consumer space followed by meticulous engineering? Do you thrive in a competitive product landscape and lead with innovation? If the answer is yes – the Xbox Live team is looking for you.

We are looking for an engineering leader to run the Xbox Live Social Services team. In this role, you will lead a passionate group of 8-10 engineers building services that drive social experiences for gamers on PC, the Xbox console, and mobile. You will create scenarios that will make Xbox Live the best community for all games by collaborating with the design and client teams to turn ideas into reality.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/598147/Principal-Software-Engineering-Lead

Xbox Live, the leading gamer network spanning console, PC and mobile games, is central to Microsoft's gaming strategy. Xbox Live provides the breadth of social gaming experiences with Xbox Live clubs, achievements, leaderboards, community hubs, game hubs, game activity feed, and much more. Xbox Live has an exemplary future as it expands to serve many more scenarios where consumers, and creators interact with each other.

According to Microsoft Gaming EVP Phil Spencer: "The number of people in the last 30 days that have engaged with an Xbox Live game on either Windows or Xbox 360 or Xbox One is the critical factor for our team to gauge our success". Monthly Active Users (MAU) is reported to Wall Street during the quarterly earning calls. We have an audacious goal to substantially increase Xbox Live MAU across devices and platforms. Do you want to be among the front runners to deliver this mission? Do you ideate in the consumer space followed by meticulous engineering? Do you thrive in a competitive product landscape and lead with innovation? If the answer is yes – the Xbox Live team is looking for you.

We are looking for an engineering leader to run the Xbox Live Experiences team. In this role, you will lead a passionate group of 6-8 engineers building experiences for gamers on PC and the Xbox console. You will drive scenarios that will make Xbox Live the best community for all games by collaborating with the design and services teams to turn ideas into reality.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/566830/Principal-Software-Engineering-Lead

Senior Developer - Casual Games Studio
The Microsoft Casual Games Studio is a small but growing team that is focused on delivering the best casual games for mobile, the web, and Windows. We have big ambitions for the future of gaming on the web and are looking for an experienced developer to join us as we modernize and expand our team's portfolio of Microsoft Casual Games. We are looking for self-driven individuals who can improve existing products, design the long-term technical foundations for new ideas, and then take those ideas from goal definition through ship to repeated adjustments and iteration.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/548885/Senior-Developer

Senior PM Manager - Casual Games Studio
The Microsoft Casual Games Studio is focused on delivering the best casual games for Windows platforms, mobile, and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced Producer to join us as we support our Microsoft Casual Games on Windows, Web, iOS, and Android platforms.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/590577/Senior-PM-Manager

Principal Program Manager Lead - Team Xbox
Team Xbox is at the forefront of delivering the industry's best platform and experiences for both gamers and game developers. We work closely with industry leaders across hardware, software, services and our 1st and 3rd party game development partners to ensure Microsoft's platforms are designed and optimized to meet the needs of our most passionate fans and players, whether they choose to play on the Xbox console, their Windows PC or laptop, or mobile devices.

The Gaming Experiences and Platform (GXP) team is looking for an experienced Principal PM to lead our Console Experiences PM team. Our mission is to deliver an intuitive, accessible and engaging experience for all gamers on the Xbox console. As the Lead PM for the Experiences team, you will lead a strong and diverse team of PMs responsible for defining and delivering the core user experience on the Xbox One console, companion experiences, and future gaming devices from Microsoft. You will be directly responsible for the day to day execution and leadership of the Experiences PM team, inspiring and unlocking the creativity of our development and design teams, and collaborating closely with key partner teams including Game Pass, Xbox Live, and Mixer to ensure we are delivering a world class experience to all Xbox gamers across the world. Ideal candidates will have a strong track record of customer obsession and insights, delivering great user experiences, strong cross group collaboration across a diverse set of stakeholders and exceptional people management. If you are passionate about being at the forefront of the gaming industry and user experience, this is the role for you.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/583702/Principal-Program-Manager-Lead

Principal Program Manager - Playfab
Do you love games? Are you passionate about bringing best-in-class gaming solutions to game studios around the world? If so, now is your opportunity to join PlayFab!

PlayFab is a back-end platform for building, launching, and growing cloud-connected games. PlayFab can be used by game developers across all platforms, including console, PC, and mobile; and it features game services, real-time analytics for better understanding game players, and LiveOps to host live events, run experiments, and reward game players. PlayFab aims to help game developers of all sizes with customer acquisition, engagement, retention, and ultimately monetization.

PlayFab has achieved significant traction with more than 120 million MAU. We're looking for great people to help build our reach to more than 2 billion gamers worldwide!
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/593828/Principal-Program-Manager

Senior Program Manager - Xbox ATG
Do you have a passion for graphics technologies? Would you like to play a key role in driving the development, integration and light up of cutting-edge graphics and system features on the latest gaming platforms and services?

The Advanced Technology Group (ATG), part of the Xbox org, is seeking a passionate Technical Program Manager with expertise in graphics, GPU architectures, machine learning, and middleware engines (Unity/Unreal) to join our team.

ATG is at the heart of Microsoft's efforts to make games on our platforms the best they can be. We act as the voice of the game development community, working closely with our platform, publishing, and business teams across Microsoft to ensure we are providing the best platform for game developers across all disciplines.

You'll work with game development partners to achieve success on our platform and services as well as working as part of a collaborative developer ecosystem team focused on the success of our customers. You will partner with the Technical Director, supporting the Graphics and Systems engineering team and associated projects, as well as working closely with the Program Management Leadership to ensure alignment takes place within the developer ecosystem.
https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/576410/Senior-Program-Manager

giphy.gif

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
I am looking for a new job.
*checks CV*
Hmmmm.
Clearly destined to be a designer on Halo.
Nobody look at my CV ssshhh

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Are all theses senior positions brand new? Did these jobs really not exist before, or are people shuffling through the company?

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
the new Xbox Game Studios logo in Sea of Thieves is sooooo nice.

They are doing custom ones per game it seems. Shit is gonna look sooo clean

Can anyone make a gif of this, I haven't seen it yet. So the new logo will be specific to the game, that sounds very cool.

25 more jobs today ( 03/13/19 )

Senior Software Development Engineer - 343 Industries

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/597109/Senior-Software-Development-Engineer

Outsource Producer - 343 Industries

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/548955/Outsource-Producer

Senior Program Manager - 343 Industries

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/560546/Senior-Program-Manager

Software Engineer II - Turn 10 Studios

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/563974/Software-Engineer-II-Turn-10-Studios

Senior Software Design Engineering Lead - Turn 10 Studios

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en...tware-Design-Engineering-Lead-Turn-10-Studios

Senior Producer - Turn 10 Studios

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/585461/Senior-Producer-Turn-10-Studios

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/544069/Software-Engineer

Senior Software Engineer - Mojang - Minecraft

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/488129/Senior-Software-Engineer

Principal Program Manager - Mojang - Minecraft

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/544819/Principal-Program-Manager

Senior Program Manager - Mojang - Minecraft

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/583431/Senior-Program-Manager

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/571127/Software-Engineer

Principal Program Manager - Xbox First Party Studios

https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/job/578644/Principal-Program-Manager

Principal Security Program Manager - Xbox First Party Studios
Do you love Games? Are you passionate about the future of the industry? Are you a seasoned security professional that wants to help shape how Xbox First Party Studios addresses security concerns? If so, we are seeking a highly motivated and qualified Principal Program Manager to help drive strategic security initiatives for Xbox First Party Studios.

We are seeking an execution-oriented program manager who thrives on a challenge. Desirable candidates will have strong technical and collaboration skills as well as experience leading large scale security projects. This person will work across organizational boundaries in support of the broader Xbox First Party Studios organization.

As the focal point for security for Xbox First Party Studios you will be responsible for interpreting, negotiating, and implementing security policy/standards/requirements across all our studios as well as the broader MS Security community to improve our overall security posture. You will engage with platform and security partners to both learn and drive deep awareness on issues impacting Xbox First Party Studios business. An ideal candidate would bring experience, perspective, and expertise from other game studios or complementary industries.

That's a lot of growth. Holy shit.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Are all theses senior positions brand new? Did these jobs really not exist before, or are people shuffling through the company?

It's probably a combination of both. And it should be noted that these reqs won't necessarily be filled by outside hires. Lots of companies will put a req out while also looking within the company for someone to fill it, and if they find an internal hire before they hire someone else they'll close it. That's happened to me at Microsoft in the past where they have a job, I'm a couple interviews deep, and in the middle of the process they fill the role internally and close it.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably a combination of both. And it should be noted that these reqs won't necessarily be filled by outside hires. Lots of companies will put a req out while also looking within the company for someone to fill it, and if they find an internal hire before they hire someone else they'll close it. That's happened to me at Microsoft in the past where they have a job, I'm a couple interviews deep, and in the middle of the process they fill the role internally and close it.
I think the law requires job postings to be up a certain amount of time even if they have already filled it with an internal candidate. so yeah a lot of these have already been filled before they even post them.

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah that's normal sometimes reqs already be filled

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
We don't know, but if those minecraft positions are new, would that point to expansion of the core game, work on dungeons, or maybe something else entirely?

Redesigned83

Jul 9, 2018
Jade going to Google hurts me a little, I thought for sure if she was going to leave a studio she basically just started it had to be for a cozy new position at MS, never thought Google was in play.

I hope just the rumor of Sony going after Take-Two reinvigorates MS thirst for high quality studios and perhaps pushes them to close some deals that they may have been procrastinating on. I think it's just become apparent Google plans to swing for the fences, even if it's their one and only at bat.

I think it would be a nice little jab if they show up at E3 and take Sony's normal time slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.