• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
tpjaqmsuz5n21.jpg

so I think gears 5 is def this year. full blowout this E3 me thinks.

Great News! Gears 5 baby!

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
We've already seen gameplay of it? It's a strange racing game with weird qte gameplay and looks of mediocre mobile quality. Not sure why it exists.
I'm not saying we haven't seen it. It's been in the marketplace forever. I'm saying MS has never publicallly acknowledged it's existence, and it's obvious the game is built for mobile

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure, nothing on Twitter regarding the announcement too, maybe a dev update from Joe Neate as usual with a Trailer.

Really hoping for a quick release, don't want to wait for months for this update from the date of announcement.
the content they tease (and have been testing) won't be out right away. They just released a patch yesterday.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/release-notes/1.4.5

doesn't have much of the stuff they are testing in it.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Given that we know Turtle Rock had some level of communications with MS about a purchase, the timing of Turtle Rock's announcement of a new game is curious. Here's my thought – they have been working on this new title for some time and signed a deal w/ WB in 2018, planning to do an E3 announcement/push for it in 2019. However, talks w/ MS start and eventually lead to a purchase. Now they have a problem. They have an unannounced game by another publisher in the works. My thought is the announcement dropped low-key on message boards was to get the info out, so come E3 they don't have to announce a new multiplatform game and acquisition in the same breath, leading to LOTS of confusion and questions.

Philosopher

Sep 5, 2018
Given that we know Turtle Rock had some level of communications with MS about a purchase, the timing of Turtle Rock's announcement of a new game is curious. Here's my thought – they have been working on this new title for some time and signed a deal w/ WB in 2018, planning to do an E3 announcement/push for it in 2019. However, talks w/ MS start and eventually lead to a purchase. Now they have a problem. They have an unannounced game by another publisher in the works. My thought is the announcement dropped low-key on message boards was to get the info out, so come E3 they don't have to announce a new multiplatform game and acquisition in the same breath, leading to LOTS of confusion and questions.
This makes a lot of sense especially considering how lackluster and devoid of any real substance their announcement for Back4Blood was

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
So I am new to the microsoft/xbox world, what is this talk of a stream? akin to a nintendo direct?
well Microsoft has hour long live shows once a month called Inside Xbox on your favorite video platform, if that is what you are curious about.

But no, there is no stream today. Just a Sea of Thieves YouTube trailer with future features is expected to be posted today.

Jan 4, 2018
Yeah I dont think Microsoft should be too worried about Stadia as of this moment. I made a video about it yesterday, but Google really had a jam packed conference but it was mostly talking about features. They showed a few first parties, and announced 1 first party, and maybe theyre going to show more this Summer. We need to wait and see.

Xbox though is already poised to enter cloud streaming in a big way with nearly two decades of experience with hardcore gamers, 13 first party studios, and Xbox Game Pass.

We know XCloud is targeting 10ms latency with 10mbps download at 1080p (i believe). We didnt really hear what Stadia is targeting because they left out some of the most important details. I tested google Streaming back in October, and it worked well, but this is targeting 4k at 60fps. I may be able to get high value with my computer, but Im not so sure with mobile devices.
Totally agree with you.
Also, as promising as some of their features sound, taking advantage of them means making a game that's likely only capable of running on Stadia since as far as we know no other platform has that kind of MP and split-screen, scalability... (Xcloud might have it, but since games would have to be able to run in a single hardware instance (console and PC) I think they'll have to use it in a more traditional way, they can't make a game that NEEDS multiple blades working in unison
Makes me think in a way in VR/AR, a cool concept that can be great but that risks (at least in the beginning) not being used in any meaningful way

Fantastic News with Vampyr coming to GamePass, nearly bought it yesterday

I'm so proud of myself

Vampyr marks the first time I manage to wait for a game I'm moderately interested in to come to Game Pass without buying it before hahah
I'm not saying we haven't seen it. It's been in the marketplace forever. I'm saying MS has never publicallly acknowledged it's existence, and it's obvious the game is built for mobile
Maybe the reason is the same why they dropped the Forza branding that the game was supposed to have.
Between this and the fact that they haven't advertise it much and just let it fade into oblivion makes me think they're not satisfied with the game and don't want to face yet another "MS makes mediocre games" wave of comments now that they're slowly building goodwill and hype with next-gen/Xcloud not too far away

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Cuphead just got announced for Switch. Nintendo straight up thank "our friends Microsoft" in the video. Surreal.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Deus Ex seems like further confirmation that Square is in to the whole game pass idea. Not as big of a deal as say Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy, but Square has put some pretty big games in to game pass, even some fairly recent ones with Just Cause 4 and Life is Strange.

Vampyr is also cool. One because I really wanted to play it but haven't bought it yet, and two because it's another Dontnod game on gamepass, Life is Strange could be attributed to Square, and Vampyr was published by Focus Home, but seeing both of those game as at once... Just saying, Dontnods a pretty cool outfit.

Cuphead just got announced for Switch. Nintendo straight up thank "our friends Microsoft" in the video. Surreal.

That's nuts, what a world. Cuphead is self published though isn't it? Does Microsoft own the IP? I always assumed they just had a timed deal so when Cuphead came to other platforms it would be out of their hands, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.

Last edited:

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
I am starting to think that Microsoft is very well positioned to get a lot of gamer mindshare at the start of next generation as truly being "for the gamers" when you consider all that they are doing to provide options to play games in multiple ways as opposed to Google with their streaming only option and Sony with their console only option.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Awesome that Live support is confirmed. Wonder if the achievement list will be separate (like Minecraft on Switch) or not.

I guess this pretty much confirms that Ori is coming to Switch too.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND
That's nuts, what a world. Cuphead is self published though isn't it? Does Microsoft own the IP? I always assumed they just had a timed deal so when Cuphead came to other platforms it would be out of their hands, but it doesn't sound like that's the case.

Microsoft doesn't own the IP of Cuphead, but just have control over the original title from my understanding (similar deal to Titanfall and Sunset Overdrive). Sounds like MS was perfectly okay with Cuphead going to Switch!

This makes the whole "Xbox One Console Launch Exclusive" on the Delicious Last Course DLC so much more understandable.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I'm all for their streaming efforts but they will have to make sure exclusive content will still be tied to the ecosystem very carefully. Both Cuphead and Halo announcements work with Xbox Live integration so I guess that is their requirement. Still, people will have so much port begging over literally every game Microsoft publishes from now on... I still think Game Pass will be available on Switch but only through the streaming option.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
I'm all for their streaming efforts but they will have to make sure exclusive content will still be tied to the ecosystem very carefully. Both Cuphead and Halo announcements work with Xbox Live integration so I guess that is their requirement. Still, people will have so much port begging over literally every game Microsoft publishes from now on... I still think Game Pass will be available on Switch but only through the streaming option.
The Xbox Live integration for Cuphead is coming post-launch, so I doubt it's going to be a requirement, just another cool option.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
The Outer Worlds confirmed to be an Epic Games Store exclusive for one year on PC.

I'd guess MS isn't particularly thrilled about that.

(Or maybe it'll bomb and they can buy the IP cheaper)

Status
Not open for further replies.