• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Did Lift London ever end up making a video game? All I see on their Wikipedia page is Paint 3D.

They were making a video game (or even multiple games), there was some artwork that was shared on their website and elsewhere, but it was never finished, and then the studio got repurposed. At the same time, they served as an incubator for other small studios. One of them was Dlala Studios who are now working on the new Battletoads game.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While we're still making guesses for acquisition -

Capybara. Great relationship with MS, Game Pass may have helped out Below a ton after middling reception. But that's tales from my ass.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
While we're still making guesses for acquisition -

Capybara. Great relationship with MS, Game Pass may have helped out Below a ton after middling reception. But that's tales from my ass.
Capybara was a rumor that GiantBomb heard and said they expected to be at E3 2018 so it's safe to say since it didn't happen that it won't happen/fell through.

gremlinz1982

Aug 11, 2018
I am in for MS to tease one or two nex-gen games. Then full gameplay next E3 or during a Scarlet reveal. We want games, everyone expects games, so give them.
They have traditionally wanted to show games at a time close to release window. I hope that does not change. I hope they reveal next gen stuff when they reveal the console or after that.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Here's a question for this forum. On the chance that Microsoft does not announce any new acquisitions but just showed off new games from their current studios, how would you feel?

I mean, games is the whole point here, so I'd be fine with it. In some ways I'd prefer it. I don't imagine Xbox really has any sort of time table on these things. Like, if they stop announcing acquisitions for a year, that's not the end of it. If anything, it means they're focusing on situating their current studios, getting games out, and getting buy in from Redmond for even bigger acquisitions down the road.

Deleted member 36493

User requested account closure
Dec 19, 2017
Here's a question for this forum. On the chance that Microsoft does not announce any new acquisitions but just showed off new games from their current studios, how would you feel?
I would be 100% OK with this. As long as the Gears 5 gameplay lives up to that awesome reveal last year, this will be a good E3 for me. What makes it better is some next-gen sprinkles, and NT's new game looking dope. Some good 3rd Party announcements/gameplay, and it'll be a 9/10 conference.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I'd be absolutely surprised, but not disappointed.

They've expanded Xbox Game Studios by 7 over the past year or so, and that's more than double of what they had before (even if we including Global Publishing). If we included Casual Games (which isn't a studio supposedly anymore) they'd be actually double.

I bet we'll see some acquisitions, but they've been doing a lot as it is.

true.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
They were making a video game (or even multiple games), there was some artwork that was shared on their website and elsewhere, but it was never finished, and then the studio got repurposed. At the same time, they served as an incubator for other small studios. One of them was Dlala Studios who are now working on the new Battletoads game.

Dang. I wonder what went south for MS's built-from the ground-up game studio. Hopefully nothing like this happens to the new acquisitions.

Startropper

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried to collect all the clues (by interview and deleted videos) about next AOE4, especially on what the setting could be and other interesting info.
I hope you like it
  • Aoe4 announcement: August 21 2017, Cologne (Germany):
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYwZ6GZXWhA&t=22s
  • Q&A session from Cologne with ZeroEmpires (famous youtuber and Aoe2's player). He said about setting (minute 3.10 ) "i don't believe it's gonna be future related the story too much in that and i think they know as well they know that Aoe2 is the most popular right..they know that periodi s the most interesting and i believe and and i've a kind of had some hints that it's probably gonna be around that time period maybe covering a bigger time period but we're probably gonna be back in time not forward.
  • Here's the full video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOcRybNgQg&
  • You also should consider that Zeroempire has involved in some way on the development and he knew about the title since 6 months before the official announcement. "Meetings & Networking- We met with many of the Microsoft staff and even a couple of guys from Relic. I was very skeptical about these new announcements at first, especially given the track record with AoEHD, but coming away from Cologne I feel very confident. Not only did the Relic guys have a huge passion for gaming, but the things that they were saying showed that they had a good understanding of what Age of Empires means to so many people. They acknowledged that community feedback is going to be important throughout development (and that's going to start as early as next month). They also spoke a lot about how they want to create a game that feels like Age, but that also has fresh and exciting gameplay as well. I can't talk about details (Much like I haven't been able to talk about aoe4 for the last 6 months), but I feel positive. I expect Age4 to be at least 2 years away; but I also expect to be intimately involved with the project so it is very exciting. I hope that I and the others involved can help to steer the project in a good direction".
    As for AoE2 Definitive edition I think we should be confident about this too. Let me tell you why.
    If Microsoft screw this up then they also really hurt their reputation when it comes to Age4 as well. Something they can't afford to do. They have set a huge pressure on themselves to reach expectations. 2. Speaking to people about this project shows that they recognise what needs to be done to make DE great. Hearing this from the mouths of Microsoft people without having to tell them: hey you need to improve x, y and z gives me huge confidence. As for what DE may include, well, that's the exciting part. But one that you will all have to wait and see!
    Link to discussion: (https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/6wk4oe/a_summary_of_gamescom_reflection_thanks/
  • Leaked info from a video reel "Sega/Relic 2017 (removed by Relic). This topic was originally posted on agecommunity.com and some people as me have seen that video. However this is the main clue around Aoe4 setting. These are some of comments at video "So, we see them motion-capturing a horse, a guy in medieval armour, and them visiting medieval ruins. Well, that strongly hints toward the middle ages….Most of the video recapped Relic's history and their previous games. The part that probably showed stuff related to AoE IV was just a small part at the end. So, there was a horse and rider leaping over a hurdle with motion capture marks all over their bodies, then a man sitting on a horse, wearing late-medieval armour, and then the Relic team visiting the ruins of a medieval chapel, I'd say. And there was some text saying that they travelled. Maybe that hints toward them using photogrammetry. o you mean the untextured, rather basic model of a horse with rider on the screen while motion-capturing or the man after that? As far as I remember, the man was an actual man and not a 3D model. xD.. Maybe someone made a screenshot? Could you tell if the 3D model was realistic or cartoony? Realistic with realistic movements but in early stage of development…"https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe4/comments/7ucq5n/leaked_motion_captures/
  • essence engine will probably move the next aoe (interview to technical lead, feb 17 2018) https://www.relic.com/article/8379
  • Q. I hear you're involved in a big Essence Engine upgrade right now, can you explain it to a luddite like me?
    A.
    "Basically, we're rebuilding a lot of the system, but the broad goal is to make our games perform better. Whether that means more units, the same number of units with better behaviors, or better stability, we want our games to perform better for a wider audience".
  • Interesting interview to Shannon Loftis on Pcgame.de
    • PC Games: How did you decide to hand over the development of Age of Empires 4 to Relic Entertainment?
    • Shannon Loftis:Relic was our first choice. We looked at developers who are currently engaged in real-time strategy games. There are not that many companies that are completely committed to the genre right now. Relic has a great track record with the Dawn of War series and actually everything they've ever done. It helps immensely that they are not far away. So we can work very closely with them on Age of Empires 4. When we met the team and Justin [Dowdeswell, Relic chief, noun], they told us that they were heavily influenced by Age of Empires at an early age. They have always kept their experiences with Age in mind and so it has been a fantastic partnership so far.
    • PC Games: Many readers are worried, because Relic is better known for fast real-time strategy games with little or no base construction. In Age of Empires, however, it was always very much about the construction of their own base and the rather slow style of play. What can you tell us to counter these concerns?
    • Shannon Loftis: We are very aware of what makes Age of Empires great. Every time we have an event like in Germany recently at Gamescom a few weeks ago, we're seeing more and more people growing up with Age. They tell us that they studied history because of Age, that they became city planners because of Age. It is absolutely the case that building a base and discovering the historical background is a big part of what makes Age to Age. We intend to remain absolutely true to these cornerstones.
    • PC Games: Another big question around Age of Empires 4 is the time frame in which it will play. Many fans would wish for a return to the Middle Ages. There is a widespread belief that firearms do not really fit the age feeling anymore. What can you tell us about the historical background of the new game?
      Shannon Loftis: We're not talking about the era and back story yet. The beauty of history is that it is an almost infinite source of stories and civilizations that we can explore. I think that's all I can say.
    • http://www.gamezone.de/Age-of-Empir...oft-General-Manager-Shannon-Loftis-1239770/2/
  • Some early info and clues from an AOE4's alpha version (around september, 2017)
    • Although I feel like such design will result in losing support from the veterans, this might actually be a line of thought. The micro-management of traditional RTS games is much more demanding than that of the MOBA genre, hence giving a very difficult time to new players to learn the basics. It might be essential to lower the need for micro-management.
      The replies as follows:
      A: Alright. Just another few hours and I could play the closed alpha/beta of Age of Empires 4, and I am looking forward to seeing how it looks like.
      B: Replying to A: AOE4? Shouldn't it be Age of Empires 1 Definitive Edition instead?
      C : Replying to A: Shouldn't Age of Empires 4 still be in pre-alpha planning? What you are playing now might be Age of Empires 1 Definitive Edition.
      A: Replying to B: Yes, it is Age of Empires 4. Haven't played much Age of Empires 1…
      A: Replying to C : I don't know since I don't play much Age of Empires 1
      C : Replying to A: Has Age of Empires 4 reached the stage of closed alpha/beta already? How could it be so soon?
      A: (random emote)
      A: Replying to C : But it might take another while before it is released.
      C : Replying to A: I understand now. Thanks man (literally 'boss'). Would you mind (or be able to) telling us which era would the game be in?
      A: Replying to C : Almost all people made the wrong guess. (many people think Aoe4 will be set in ww1 and ww2).

• Another post made by someone on the same day at 11.25pm GMT:
      Some of those ('decisions on features/mechanics', I guess) are largely based on the balance between realism and playability.
      The replies as follows:
      D: Nice to meet you. I watched the trailer of (Age of Empires 1) Definitive Edition, and there was a scene where the camera zoomed out from up close to far away (as shown in the screenshot by the first comment), showing that the screen could fit in more units in HD graphics! Extremely spectacular! I hope the fourth generation (Age of Empires 4) is going to have a larger scale for camera zoom, not only will it give people a grander experience, it will also allow the ratios of ranges of different types of unit to be overall closer to real-world values. The first and second generation (Age of Empires 1 and 2) did not have to take such thing into consideration as the era of cold weapons was dominated by close combat.
      A: Reply: After trying out the alpha/beta version of Age of Empires 4 today, a few of us, including E and F, would like to point out that the game features which many of you have been worrying about are not going to happen (be in the game). Everyone was very satisfied with (today's) experience. Then we went to a bar/pub and have been drinking until now, which is already after midnight.
    • https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?t=12310

That's all.

Thanks for putting this together. Must have taken quite a bit of time to compile this.

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
I've tried to collect all the clues (by interview and deleted videos) about next AOE4, especially on what the setting could be and other interesting info.
I hope you like it
  • Aoe4 announcement: August 21 2017, Cologne (Germany):
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYwZ6GZXWhA&t=22s
  • Q&A session from Cologne with ZeroEmpires (famous youtuber and Aoe2's player). He said about setting (minute 3.10 ) "i don't believe it's gonna be future related the story too much in that and i think they know as well they know that Aoe2 is the most popular right..they know that periodi s the most interesting and i believe and and i've a kind of had some hints that it's probably gonna be around that time period maybe covering a bigger time period but we're probably gonna be back in time not forward.
  • Here's the full video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxOcRybNgQg&
  • You also should consider that Zeroempire has involved in some way on the development and he knew about the title since 6 months before the official announcement. "Meetings & Networking- We met with many of the Microsoft staff and even a couple of guys from Relic. I was very skeptical about these new announcements at first, especially given the track record with AoEHD, but coming away from Cologne I feel very confident. Not only did the Relic guys have a huge passion for gaming, but the things that they were saying showed that they had a good understanding of what Age of Empires means to so many people. They acknowledged that community feedback is going to be important throughout development (and that's going to start as early as next month). They also spoke a lot about how they want to create a game that feels like Age, but that also has fresh and exciting gameplay as well. I can't talk about details (Much like I haven't been able to talk about aoe4 for the last 6 months), but I feel positive. I expect Age4 to be at least 2 years away; but I also expect to be intimately involved with the project so it is very exciting. I hope that I and the others involved can help to steer the project in a good direction".
    As for AoE2 Definitive edition I think we should be confident about this too. Let me tell you why.
    If Microsoft screw this up then they also really hurt their reputation when it comes to Age4 as well. Something they can't afford to do. They have set a huge pressure on themselves to reach expectations. 2. Speaking to people about this project shows that they recognise what needs to be done to make DE great. Hearing this from the mouths of Microsoft people without having to tell them: hey you need to improve x, y and z gives me huge confidence. As for what DE may include, well, that's the exciting part. But one that you will all have to wait and see!
    Link to discussion: (https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe2/comments/6wk4oe/a_summary_of_gamescom_reflection_thanks/
  • Leaked info from a video reel "Sega/Relic 2017 (removed by Relic). This topic was originally posted on agecommunity.com and some people as me have seen that video. However this is the main clue around Aoe4 setting. These are some of comments at video "So, we see them motion-capturing a horse, a guy in medieval armour, and them visiting medieval ruins. Well, that strongly hints toward the middle ages….Most of the video recapped Relic's history and their previous games. The part that probably showed stuff related to AoE IV was just a small part at the end. So, there was a horse and rider leaping over a hurdle with motion capture marks all over their bodies, then a man sitting on a horse, wearing late-medieval armour, and then the Relic team visiting the ruins of a medieval chapel, I'd say. And there was some text saying that they travelled. Maybe that hints toward them using photogrammetry. o you mean the untextured, rather basic model of a horse with rider on the screen while motion-capturing or the man after that? As far as I remember, the man was an actual man and not a 3D model. xD.. Maybe someone made a screenshot? Could you tell if the 3D model was realistic or cartoony? Realistic with realistic movements but in early stage of development…"https://www.reddit.com/r/aoe4/comments/7ucq5n/leaked_motion_captures/
  • essence engine will probably move the next aoe (interview to technical lead, feb 17 2018) https://www.relic.com/article/8379
  • Q. I hear you're involved in a big Essence Engine upgrade right now, can you explain it to a luddite like me?
    A.
    "Basically, we're rebuilding a lot of the system, but the broad goal is to make our games perform better. Whether that means more units, the same number of units with better behaviors, or better stability, we want our games to perform better for a wider audience".
  • Interesting interview to Shannon Loftis on Pcgame.de
    • PC Games: How did you decide to hand over the development of Age of Empires 4 to Relic Entertainment?
    • Shannon Loftis:Relic was our first choice. We looked at developers who are currently engaged in real-time strategy games. There are not that many companies that are completely committed to the genre right now. Relic has a great track record with the Dawn of War series and actually everything they've ever done. It helps immensely that they are not far away. So we can work very closely with them on Age of Empires 4. When we met the team and Justin [Dowdeswell, Relic chief, noun], they told us that they were heavily influenced by Age of Empires at an early age. They have always kept their experiences with Age in mind and so it has been a fantastic partnership so far.
    • PC Games: Many readers are worried, because Relic is better known for fast real-time strategy games with little or no base construction. In Age of Empires, however, it was always very much about the construction of their own base and the rather slow style of play. What can you tell us to counter these concerns?
    • Shannon Loftis: We are very aware of what makes Age of Empires great. Every time we have an event like in Germany recently at Gamescom a few weeks ago, we're seeing more and more people growing up with Age. They tell us that they studied history because of Age, that they became city planners because of Age. It is absolutely the case that building a base and discovering the historical background is a big part of what makes Age to Age. We intend to remain absolutely true to these cornerstones.
    • PC Games: Another big question around Age of Empires 4 is the time frame in which it will play. Many fans would wish for a return to the Middle Ages. There is a widespread belief that firearms do not really fit the age feeling anymore. What can you tell us about the historical background of the new game?
      Shannon Loftis: We're not talking about the era and back story yet. The beauty of history is that it is an almost infinite source of stories and civilizations that we can explore. I think that's all I can say.
    • http://www.gamezone.de/Age-of-Empir...oft-General-Manager-Shannon-Loftis-1239770/2/
  • Some early info and clues from an AOE4's alpha version (around september, 2017)
    • Although I feel like such design will result in losing support from the veterans, this might actually be a line of thought. The micro-management of traditional RTS games is much more demanding than that of the MOBA genre, hence giving a very difficult time to new players to learn the basics. It might be essential to lower the need for micro-management.
      The replies as follows:
      A: Alright. Just another few hours and I could play the closed alpha/beta of Age of Empires 4, and I am looking forward to seeing how it looks like.
      B: Replying to A: AOE4? Shouldn't it be Age of Empires 1 Definitive Edition instead?
      C : Replying to A: Shouldn't Age of Empires 4 still be in pre-alpha planning? What you are playing now might be Age of Empires 1 Definitive Edition.
      A: Replying to B: Yes, it is Age of Empires 4. Haven't played much Age of Empires 1…
      A: Replying to C : I don't know since I don't play much Age of Empires 1
      C : Replying to A: Has Age of Empires 4 reached the stage of closed alpha/beta already? How could it be so soon?
      A: (random emote)
      A: Replying to C : But it might take another while before it is released.
      C : Replying to A: I understand now. Thanks man (literally 'boss'). Would you mind (or be able to) telling us which era would the game be in?
      A: Replying to C : Almost all people made the wrong guess. (many people think Aoe4 will be set in ww1 and ww2).

• Another post made by someone on the same day at 11.25pm GMT:
      Some of those ('decisions on features/mechanics', I guess) are largely based on the balance between realism and playability.
      The replies as follows:
      D: Nice to meet you. I watched the trailer of (Age of Empires 1) Definitive Edition, and there was a scene where the camera zoomed out from up close to far away (as shown in the screenshot by the first comment), showing that the screen could fit in more units in HD graphics! Extremely spectacular! I hope the fourth generation (Age of Empires 4) is going to have a larger scale for camera zoom, not only will it give people a grander experience, it will also allow the ratios of ranges of different types of unit to be overall closer to real-world values. The first and second generation (Age of Empires 1 and 2) did not have to take such thing into consideration as the era of cold weapons was dominated by close combat.
      A: Reply: After trying out the alpha/beta version of Age of Empires 4 today, a few of us, including E and F, would like to point out that the game features which many of you have been worrying about are not going to happen (be in the game). Everyone was very satisfied with (today's) experience. Then we went to a bar/pub and have been drinking until now, which is already after midnight.
    • https://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?t=12310

That's all.
Thanks for putting this together. Must have taken quite a bit of time to compile this.
Thanks mate. No much time
However, medieveal or ancient setting are pretty sure for next Aoe

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I mean, games is the whole point here, so I'd be fine with it. In some ways I'd prefer it. I don't imagine Xbox really has any sort of time table on these things. Like, if they stop announcing acquisitions for a year, that's not the end of it. If anything, it means they're focusing on situating their current studios, getting games out, and getting buy in from Redmond for even bigger acquisitions down the road.

I don't think XGS will stop anytime soon, it's more a case if the opportunity arises and its a good fit with both parties agreeing, it will happen.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
It was actually finished, it was called "Eden Falls" and had achievements live on the backend. MS even purchased the trademark to the name from a small company.

Story here https://windowscentral.com/eden-falls-game-xbox-windows-8-windows-phone-8

predrag

Oct 27, 2017
They have traditionally wanted to show games at a time close to release window. I hope that does not change. I hope they reveal next gen stuff when they reveal the console or after that.
They also teased Halo Infinite 2+ years before release? Teasing something this E3 that will be released next year still falls under their policy to reveal games close to release.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
I don't think XGS will stop anytime soon, it's more a case if the opportunity arises and its a good fit with both parties agreeing, it will happen.

I agree, but a big part of that is both parties agreeing, XGS has to get the funding, and the studio has to have reason to believe Microsoft won't destroy their culture or creativity and leave them a shell of themselves. Words is words, couple years of Ninja Theory and Obsidian operating freely would go a long way to prove those words aren't empty.

I not saying XGS is gonna stop, they may slow down, and those are just the reasons I think a slowdown might happen.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
There is no policy to announce games close to release. There is no official timeframe in which games must fall. What Phil said that year was a PR move, mostly. They literally didn't HAVE anything to announce further out as evidenced by the past few years. He said that in a year when they simply didn't have anything else to announce further out and people started taking that as some company policy gospel.

If Fable is cross-gen, I see it being announced this E3. Even if it isn't, I can see it getting announced in the section of the conference talking about Scarlett.

Deleted member 36493

Dec 19, 2017
Don't think Fable will be cross-gen. I don't see it coming out before 2022, and actually think it'll release in early 2023. It's a little unfortunate, because I think the news broke just as it entered the conceptual phase (I.e. far earlier than we should have learned about it).

Nov 23, 2018
Fable makes a lot of sense for March-May 2021, especially when thinking about the development starting in mid-2017 and the timeframe around Scarlett's release.

Halo: Infinite and Forza will launch alongside Scarlett in Fall 2020. New XGS studios should start pumping out games second-half 2021. XGS needs a strong, continuous line-up for Game Pass so filling out the calendar with large-scale games is very important.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
There is no policy to announce games close to release. There is no official timeframe in which games must fall. What Phil said that year was a PR move, mostly. They literally didn't HAVE anything to announce further out as evidenced by the past few years. He said that in a year when they simply didn't have anything else to announce further out and people started taking that as some company policy gospel.

If Fable is cross-gen, I see it being announced this E3. Even if it isn't, I can see it getting announced in the section of the conference talking about Scarlett.
See, I saw it more as a Phil inflating a life-raft under Xbox after a ton of games announced at E3 2015 ended up being cancelled.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, I figure second half of 2020 is when MS really start delivering on all this investment.

New platform, new studios, new services all coming together after at minimum 2ish years of development for smaller games, through to 5 for Halo and ?? for ??.

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Fable makes a lot of sense for March-May 2021, especially when thinking about the development starting in mid-2017 and the timeframe around Scarlett's release.

Halo: Infinite and Forza will launch alongside Scarlett in Fall 2020. New XGS studios should start pumping out games second-half 2021. XGS needs a strong, continuous line-up for Game Pass so filling out the calendar with large-scale games is very important.
My understanding is that an open world RPG has been in development at PG since at least mid-2017 but it wasn't Fable at the time. Unless they threw that all out.

Edit: I guess we are arguing the same thing but I think they'll be ready in 4 years and you think it could be 5.

See, I saw it more as a Phil inflating a life-raft under Xbox after a ton of games announced at E3 2015 ended up being cancelled.
Yeah, I agree with that, too. Both things are true, I think. I still say that was situational PR.

Last edited:

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
That 4chan rumour is guess at best, no basis at all. Asobo, as much as I like them, seems unlikely given their new agreement with Focus, but then again that didn't prevent Obsidian from going after they did their deal with Private Division for Outer Worlds.

I do think Relic and IOI are on MS radar and have a good chance of coming into the fold. I hope we get surprised come E3 though.

I don't know how many times I tried State of Decay 2 on Xbox One X, and it was so clunky and the performance was jittery, but I thought what the hell I have Game Pass, I should give it a try on PC.
I was shocked how nice this game plays 60+ fps on G-Sync, and it looks so pretty maxed out. It's actually fun to play now, and being able to get to the core of the gameplay and see the good game hiding underneath, it makes sense Xbox acquiring Undead Labs, they're pretty good.
They should've just prioritized differently on console, the game plays like utter shit there.

Yeh I feel the same, there's a good game hidden in there somewhere. My hope is with internal budgeting and additional staff they can produce an excellent third game. The gameplay loop is there, all they need is a decent story and better production values.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
Microsoft will give them the time they need, and honestly, I don't see Fable anytime before late 2021. I'm 90% sure it'll be sometime in 2022 though. Pre-development started in mid-2017 and it's unknown when or even if it started full-production. Issue is, Fable's team doesn't even have its own Creative Director yet (Ralph is filling in for now) so I'm honestly uncertain if full-development has really started. Whenever it starts though I'm expecting 3~ years. And that is dependent on all sorts of things. I have a hunch they're going to try to use ForzaTech for Fable (there's a lot that's been stated which makes me believe that and job listings have stopped mentioning them) and if that's true, it's entirely possible it'll take even longer. The two studios are supposed to stay very close culture-wise and that's one reason I believe ForzaTech will be used. The Unreal listings couldn't been for a prototype too. Thing with engines is that since they're a suite of tools, they can be completely modified into whatever is needed. Change every tool in the engine and you practically have a new one.
Does Xbox have marketing rights to Jedi fallen Order? As a Star Wars fan can I hope for a custom themed controller or console?
Microsoft hasn't officially stated it, but I'm going to go with 100% yes. They partnered with MS during the announcement for two Xbox One X giveaways and other things. Press announcement from EA also lists Xbox One first. Sony wouldn't allow the giveaways at all. Microsoft might because they aren't totalitarian in their marketing.

I had a feeling MS would get it because its Respawn, but once I heard Vince say Xbox One first I was sure.

The pre-order on the Microsoft Store details A LOT more about the game (read the description, it sounds great) than the PlayStation one does too.

Last edited:

Icky Thump

Oct 30, 2017
One of my favorite parts of E3 is Phil's sit down with Giant Bomb. It's probably the most down to earth and real interview we get with Phil. It also gives us insight into Xbox that we would not get otherwise.
Seconded. (thirded?) Anyway definitely one of the highlights of the GiantBomb year. Also GotY Deliberations at Christmastime.

Deleted member 53021

Banned
Feb 3, 2019
are we all ready for the unwarranted attacks on the disc-less xbox one console by these so called "youtubers and media"?...criticizing for what it is will be the way to go for them..now we can predict their responds to everything microsoft

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Microsoft will give them the time they need, and honestly, I don't see Fable anytime before late 2021. I'm 90% sure it'll be sometime in 2022 though. Pre-development started in mid-2017 and it's unknown when or even if it started full-production. Issue is, Fable's team doesn't even have its own Creative Director yet (Ralph is filling in for now) so I'm honestly uncertain if full-development has really started. Whenever it starts though I'm expecting 3~ years. And that is dependent on all sorts of things. I have a hunch they're going to try to use ForzaTech for Fable (there's a lot that's been stated which makes me believe that and job listings have stopped mentioning them) and if that's true, it's entirely possible it'll take even longer. The two studios are supposed to stay very close culture-wise and that's one reason I believe ForzaTech will be used. The Unreal listings couldn't been for a prototype too. Thing with engines is that since they're a suite of tools, they can be completely modified into whatever is needed. Change every tool in the engine and you practically have a new one.

Microsoft hasn't officially stated it, but I'm going to go with 100% yes. They partnered with MS during the announcement for two Xbox One X giveaways and other things. Press announcement from EA also lists Xbox One first. Sony wouldn't allow the giveaways at all. Microsoft might because they aren't totalitarian in their marketing.

I had a feeling MS would get it because its Respawn, but once I heard Vince say Xbox One first I was sure.

The pre-order on the Microsoft Store details A LOT more about the game (read the description, it sounds great) than the PlayStation one does too.

Makes sense since EA's not having a press conference this year and neither is Sony. EA probably wants it on stage at some point during E3 and Microsoft is just about their only option.

Deleted member 49804

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Makes sense since EA's not having a press conference this year and neither is Sony. EA probably wants it on stage at some point during E3 and Microsoft is just about their only option.
Not exactly. So far Disney has made all deals with Sony. And Star Wars is still a Disney IP.

I just would not read to much into a giveaway. EA marketing deals are just not as strict as Activision ones.

EightBitNate

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Not exactly. So far Disney has made all deals with Sony. And Star Wars is still a Disney IP.

I just would not read to much into a giveaway. EA marketing deals are just not as strict as Activision ones.

Yeah but even then E3 is the biggest gaming event of the year. I'd imagine Disney wouldn't want their big game to be missing.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
Camonna Tong
KennyX
EightBitNate

Does Xbox have marketing rights to Jedi fallen Order? As a Star Wars fan can I hope for a custom themed controller or console?

yes they are according to windows central

The panel which reveal the story trailer also confirmed that Microsoft was the marketing partner on this game. This means that Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order gameplay may be shown during the console manufacturer's E3 2019 media briefing.

https://m.windowscentral.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-runs-4k-resolution-xbox-one-x

Last edited:

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017

I think this is the idea, I can actually see Halo launching spring of 2020 with a possible rerelease on Scarlett in fall of 2020 with extra bells and whistles that Scarlett offers but with the ability for Xbox One players and Scarlett players to play together.

They said they want to have an indept look at Halo this year. I cant imagine Halo Infinite being at 3 E3s, that's a lot.

I think the new Fable will be a Fall 2021 release.

Hudsoniscool

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
I think this is the idea, I can actually see Halo launching spring of 2020 with a possible rerelease on Scarlett in fall of 2020 with extra bells and whistles that Scarlett offers but with the ability for Xbox One players and Scarlett players to play together.

They said they want to have an indept look at Halo this year. I cant imagine Halo Infinite being at 3 E3s, that's a lot.

I think the new Fable will be a Fall 2021 release.
I think the only way infinite releases in spring is if the next Xbox is released in spring.
That to me would be the only reason to put out infinite only a few months after gears 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.