• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
They should really use of the next inside for Microsoft info , even some game like battletoad and ori should be showing at these and like this they are getting more time for others game at E3. Ori, we already saw it twice already at different e3.

ACellarDoor

Mar 4, 2019
I wanted to float an idea of a Forza game developed by the Motorsport team.

It would be called Forza Fusion or Forza Fuzion.

Premise: The track based Motorsport imagined 50-100 years from now or more as long as it allows the team to come up with crazy technological developments while acknowledging how it would be sold to racing fans in the future.

The reason i want it done by FMS is because i want it developed with the same crazy attention to detail (like affect of surface anomalies on different type or tires etc) so it seems plausible yet different. I also imaging that the team already has some insight on the development of Motorsport technology and can take it a probable path.

Some of the ideas that i came up could be sort of abilities, that can be earned or researched through the game.
  • speed thrusters sort of modified NOS (once per race)
  • nanobots for repair (once per race) OR
  • improved gyro pod for drivers (just replace pod within the body of the vehicle), moving independent of the body of the vehicle
    • this can possibly allow crazier scenarios, sort of destruction derby
    • each player has three vehicle bodies per race
    • justify crazy racing while maintaining safety of drivers (it might be future but health and safety hasn't gone anywhere)
  • break thrusters
  • omni-directional wheels
  • hidden geometry plus ways only visible under special headlights which have short duration of use
  • Hover mode for vehicles (only for certain models and can be used for short duration) when driving over puddles or icy conditions
  • races within neon clad city centers with race paths created through energy barriers, including crazy turns due to modified speeding and breaking technology
  • specially design updates on existing tracks to accommodate these futuristic vehicles
  • energy barriers around the car for guarding against an impact turn, but then it might impact the acceleration of the car since the energy usage will suddenly spike draining the batteries (if electric say)
  • and of course crazy light and body customisation which will have risk and reward. Something might make the car go fast but will make it structurally weak
    • you can select a soundtrack for your car which makes appropriate light changes as you are driving.
Once again all of that with a view of it being possible rather than fantastic because there will probably be arcade games which have these ideas/concepts.

Also, the racing to be done deep bass soundtracks rather than the normally MSP soundtracks.

What do you guys think?

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
About next Ms's acquisitions, another interesting discussione
https://www./threads/rumour-microso...alize-deals-with-3-studios-before-e3.1476671/

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
What do you guys consider to be Asobo's best game? I have little experience with the studio, but with all the rumors going around I thought I should try out at least one of their games. Give me some recommendations!

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Gotta love the Era members over there taking advantage of Gaf's lax moderation. Tell us how you really feel, lol.

Also, friendly reminder that that place is full on racist now. Fuck people who post there and give Malka ad $$$.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Is Daybreak Entertainment a possible candidate? They broke ties with Sony in 2015 and I feel like a MMO would fit MS's style and service model very well.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
The only interesting thing I'm seeing in that thread is one guy claiming that he heard MS is acquiring one Japanese studio. Probably talking out of his ass though.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
When it comes to those LOI's floating around, I do think a larger Japanese studio should be something MS thinks about. A solid JRPG studio or a quirky and inventive studio. Personally I would happily throw cash at Swery.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
When it comes to those LOI's floating around, I do think a larger Japanese studio should be something MS thinks about. A solid JRPG studio or a quirky and inventive studio. Personally I would happily throw cash at Swery.
Platinum games, Mistwalker, Tabatas new studio they could also pick up Tango Game works from Bethesda.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Platinum games, Mistwalker, Tabatas new studio they could also pick up Tango Game works from Bethesda.
Platinum would be great but the fallout would be crazy. I know Mistwalker mainly does mobile stuff, so transitioning back to console might be hard. Tango would be a good get if they can convince bethesda.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Platinum would be great but the fallout would be crazy. I know Mistwalker mainly does mobile stuff, so transitioning back to console might be hard. Tango would be a good get if they can convince bethesda.

Mistwalker to me is the only Japanese studio likely to be acquired any time soon. They've got a pretty close history with Microsoft, Microsoft having backed the studios founding back in 200~. They also have a big name that could probably be trusted to helm the studio and grow it in a good direction, and they have a US office. They mostly did mobile games recently sure, but once upon a time they were responsible for Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and The Last Story.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Mistwalker to me is the only Japanese studio likely to be acquired any time soon. They've got a pretty close history with Microsoft, Microsoft having backed the studios founding back in 200~. They also have a big name that could probably be trusted to helm the studio and grow it in a good direction, and they have a US office. They mostly did mobile games recently sure, but once upon a time they were responsible for Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and The Last Story.
Agreed. Mistwalker with a budget to make exclusive RPGs for Xbox would be huge. We saw what they managed with LO and BD. I think something that works an episodic game pass idea into it would work well for them.

In reality, we just want LO and BD sequels haha.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
People on that thread considering Obsidian "quantity not quality", make my eyes hurt and my heart cry.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Mistwalker with a budget to make exclusive RPGs for Xbox would be huge. We saw what they managed with LO and BD. I think something that works an episodic game pass idea into it would work well for them.

In reality, we just want LO and BD sequels haha.
I think MS will surprise many of us when they finally announce new acquisitions at E3.

Apr 6, 2018
People on that thread considering Obsidian "quantity not quality", make my eyes hurt and my heart cry.
that thread reminded me of a verse in the divine commedy:
"non ragioniam di loro, ma guarda e passa"
meaning that they are so dumb that every word spent with or about them is wasted.
Still it was useful to block some assholes here on era

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
that thread reminded me of a verse in the divine commedy:
"non ragioniam di loro, ma guarda e passa"
meaning that they are so dumb that every word spent with or about them is wasted.
Still it was useful to block some assholes here on era
The worst thing is that I'm sure some of them were pissed with the Ninja Theory or Obsidian announcement.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Remember back when I said Electric Square is working on a Forza game "99.9%"?

Well, it took some time lol, but that was correct.

lbznfsoqpfs21.png

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Some people can be a bit odd. I am fascinated to see what the various MS studios announce at E3. Even if it's a glimpse of what they have planned, that's good for me!

I keep talking about this, but there's a lot of people who still consider Microsoft the devil. I really don't get it, but because they've been mostly making consumer facing decisions the entire generation, but that initial announcement of an always on console and the way it was handled by certain people did a lot of damage, even if it was walked back and Microsoft has been listening to its fans since then.

I think once Ninja Theory, Obsidian, Compulsion and InXile start releasing games and proving that they're still the studios they were before the acquisition, that will do a lot to convince some people that these acquisitions aren't all bad. There will always be some hardcore haters, but it will help some at least...i hope.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
We're excited to announce Forza Street, available now on Windows 10 and coming to iOS and Android.

Play free now at aka.ms/ForzaStreetWin10

We want to thank all of our drivers who have supported the game so far, and we hope you'll join us as we race ahead on the next stage of the journey.
Head over to the new Forza Street page to stay up to date with all the latest news - https://www.facebook.com/ForzaStreet/
https://www.facebook.com/notes/miami-street/welcome-to-forza-street/1429195177222432/?__tn__=-R
Forza Street is now available for Windows 10.
To learn more, tune-in to today's edition of Forza Monthly starting at 11AM PDT
www.mixer.com/forza
https://www.facebook.com/ForzaStree...a98h6ZSSsDM9s4KYT5NNwlIfb2HerH8c8&__tn__=kC-R

Status
Not open for further replies.