• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I think they did something similar last year, I wouldn't expect any big announcements during this. Maybe some small stuff though. They mostly demo a lot of the new games on this.

i dont know.. i think there will be so much info this year for MS that this show could have some good surprises.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Totally forgot about Inside XBox today lol after the PS5 news and the MS E3 conf. confirmation...looking forward to it.

Gimme that Hunt Showdown shadow drop into Game Preview.

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
Mixer Dome, eh? Does that mean they aren't dedicating booth space to Mixer at the actual E3 conference hall this year?

Dont know why you quoted me before lol, but yeah the blog post echoed what I said. This E3 will have some next gen focus, but it is primarily for third party software showcasing and services talk/first party talk

Oct 27, 2017
Must admit I thought E3 was still too soon. I expected the first minor details and some nudges, winks and nods to next gen at E3 with a full reveal to follow later this year or early next.

I wonder if we get those nudges and winks tonight and E3 will be a full reveal. Wow if so.

Sony's bits today seemed to mention both early 2020 and Fall 2020. I wonder if they're keeping March(ish) 2020 open as a possibility for if Microsoft really is ready to launch that soon.

CRZYSPZ

Self-requested permanent ban
Banned
Jan 3, 2018
Fargo, ND

giphy.gif

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If anything, it looks like Sony is confident their hardware is more powerful. They announced PS4 first in 2013, months before MS did, and we know how that turned out. This race is getting exciting.

Not sure about the power, but it really was a brilliant move to get ahead of the backwards compatibility concerns. Current owners will have no worries about continuing to buy software on their platform of choice.

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
I didn't see any huge megatons in the PS5 article. SSD is wonderful and the load times sound great, but it's probably not anything that Microsoft have already considered.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
I agree, the reveal in 2013 showcased games and how they would look on PS4, this talk mostly about an architecture that nobody has yet with no real specs besides an 8 core cpu and how much faster an SSD is compared to a HDD.

Edit: in my opinion it seems like sony is just letting its users know that they are making a ps5 for whenever xbox decides to talk about their next gen systems.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I doubt this is happening but it would be awesome to see Lockheart match the specs of the PS5 while Anaconda is over the top for the hardcore fans

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
If anything, it looks like Sony is confident their hardware is more powerful. They announced PS4 first in 2013, months before MS did, and we know how that turned out. This race is getting exciting.
I feel like they announced key features that the next Xbox is also going to have (SSD, ray tracing, BC), so when Xbox announces them they won't seem like as big of a deal.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I would be shocked if PS5 was more powerful than Xbox. They will likely be similar, but I think it will basically be like Xbox X to PS4 Pro.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
To add transparency, I've sent proof as to why I know Anaconda aims to be the the (wording suggests clearly) better performing device to Nibel. He can decide the rest.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Scarlett's BC is across all 3 gens.

I never even thought this was a question, I assumed from day one that this would be the case.

I doubt this is happening but it would be awesome to see Lockheart match the specs of the PS5 while Anaconda is over the top for the hardcore fans

Considering the PS5 the wired article talked about supports 8k and Ray Tracing, that'd be pretty damned spectacular.

Godzilla24

Nov 12, 2017
MS should have lockhart match PS5 specs under cut in price. Anaconda should be god tier cost 800 dollars if need be. For the niche enthusiast. Few years later come with refreshes for both.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Why next gen when they have Games/services still coming out for This gen?

"huy guys, good guy Phil here. i wanted to tell you that the box you currently have is over and now, please help me welcome the tease information about next gen consoles. the mostest powerfulest evar"

LOL bye to gears 5 marketing push then? okay. sounds like a great plan. bwahahahaha
On the contrary, their message is going to be: Next gen is coming if you want the shiniest of the graphics and 60fps and higher, but you'll be able to play every single game we are showing here today on your current consoles.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the talk were public though.

I guess my expectations were of a more explicit link between the presented information and MS's next gen consoles. The discussion of those topics at GDC was very broad, nothing pointing to Scarlett - unless that's what your saying (that the topics covered at GDC are core technologies of Scarlett)?

Apr 6, 2018
What's the point if it's not $200. This late into the gen missing a major feature...
it's overton window magic
I think they're very good storytellers. I loved Remember Me and Life Is Strange.
Eh LiS and Vampyr are not good stories to me
But they already are doing that? Dont think this PS5 spec stuff is changing anything.

I didn't see any huge megatons in the PS5 article. SSD is wonderful and the load times sound great, but it's probably not anything that Microsoft have already considered.
This, people were just surprised by the news drop. Nothing that we couldn't have seen before
I wouldn't lose faith.
oh fine then, still I'm a bit anxius and nervous since i don't like the direction they took like ep9 just for fanservice sake
To add transparency, I've sent proof as to why I know Anaconda aims to be the the (wording suggests clearly) better performing device to Nibel. He can decide the rest.
what he's waiting for

hmqgg

Nov 1, 2017
I guess my expectations were of a more explicit link between the presented information and MS's next gen consoles. The discussion of those topics at GDC was very broad, nothing pointing to Scarlett - unless that's what your saying (that the topics covered at GDC are core technologies of Scarlett)?

Yep. Although the reconstruction of Xbox DirectX Backend is not included.

Status
Not open for further replies.