• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote on your preferred title choice below:

• The Cult of Phil in the Age of Booty

• Here Comes Xbox 5

• A Scorpio and an Anaconda in a bar …

• Phil the Future

• Phil’s Panic Room

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 48991

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Gears would save 5% more royalties because of Unreal Engine.
I wonder though if Microsoft doesn't have any special agreement with Epic regarding the licensing costs for UE4, perhaps at least for Gears of War. The public licensing terms for UE4 seem more oriented to small developers who cannot pay the license fee up front.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna be Xbox 5
Because X was so powerful and amazing it skipped a generation.

Or 5 is so powerful it skips a generation.

XV=X5=15

Halo6+Gears5+Xbox4=15

15TF

Last edited:

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did that seriously happen? I know that Crapgamer can be toxic but I still enjoyed listening to those podcasts back in the day with Xbot and Mooch et al. If he went full on hate Xbox mode then I can't imagine I'll ever listen to his stuff again. Not saying I will only listen to positive discussions. But it was nice once in awhile to listen to Xbox fans discussing their hobby.
Yes. Crapgamer in fact made a video on the Days Gone reviews and claimed the media is biased against Sony and that Days Gone is a great game.

Almost all of his videos he makes are "Sony's Incredible PS5 Announcement Has Microsoft in Trouble", "Xbox E3 Leak Is Disappointing", "I Admit It, PS4 Is BETTER Than Xbox One", "Why PS5 Will Win Next Gen", "Anaconda To Be More Powerful Than PS5? True Or Media Bias?", etc.

I think console war stuff is incredibly childish but you don't just go from praising Phil and being against Sony for all of a generation to say that Phil was always terrible, media is biased against Sony, Sony is better, etc in a month.

View count.

That guy is motivated by his view count. Someone posted it on the XBOX reddit. The hate he had for PS has now been reversed. He now hates XBOX and despises Phil Spencer. He is at odds with other XBOX guys who point out his hypocrisy on their podcasts.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Y'all are spending a lot of time talking about a dude who has under 10K views most of the time^^ Is there some history here or why is there such a fascination with this dude especially? Because there are a LOT of those accounts on Youtube, if you were looking for them.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know. I just tried with Fable 2 and Gears of War 3. It loaded up without disc in drive.

Can someone confirm or if this is just a glitch on my end?
Xbox 5 sounds so awkward to me. What if they went with actual names? Like:

Xbox Michael
Xbox Thomas

...?

I don't think Sony wants to move away from numbers at all. It makes naming things easy and it has a natural progression. Also Xbox
Michael or something similar sounds way more awkward than Xbox 5 to me...

Jan 4, 2018
Just throw the One monicker and their negative baggage and call them

Xbox S2 (Lockhart)
Xbox X2 (Anaconda)

People are already familiar with having an S cheaper and an X for performance, why not take advantage of this?

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
We already had the Xbox 360. Now, I'd like to see the Xbox 3.1415926535 .
Xbox π would make a fire logo. Until you read it as either Xbox Pi or Xbox 3.14...

Xbox ∞ is lovely.

Xbox S2 (Lockhart)
Xbox X2 (Anaconda)

People are already familiar with having an S cheaper and an X for performance, why not take advantage of this?
I quite like this. Drop the 'One' baggage, whilst keeping familiar nomenclature.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Xbox Not All Digital S Edition
Xbox Not All Digital X Edition

Xbox S2 (Lockhart)
Xbox X2 (Anaconda)

This actually is not terrible. Though, I wonder if they would worry that it hews too closely to the incomprehensible Japanese game naming conventions.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Whatever they go with, I hope its simplified this time.

An Arcade and Pro model sounds fine. They can simply name it Xbox, surely they can get it right this time.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I can't wait for Gears 5. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loved 4.

Nope you're not the only one :D. Gears 4 is currently my favourite installment of the series and i've spent countless hours on it both replaying the campaign and mostly playing horde and versus. It's also super hard to go back to the OG trilogy after playing 4, especially with how fluid (performance wise and in terms of controls).

Huh, this seems like a new shot but the pose that JD is doing looks similar to what he was doing in the announcement trailer. Nonetheless, it looks really good!

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Nope you're not the only one :D. Gears 4 is currently my favourite installment of the series and i've spent countless hours on it both replaying the campaign and mostly playing horde and versus. It's also super hard to go back to the OG trilogy after playing 4, especially with how fluid (performance wise and in terms of controls).

Huh, this seems like a new shot but the pose that JD is doing looks similar to what he was doing in the announcement trailer. Nonetheless, it looks really good!

you know you could be right????

D5N1XIgWsAACNP1.jpg

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London

/hi 5
I've only played the campaign twice so far - once at launch and then again when it was X-enhanced. Once we get a date for 5 I'll be running through it again :)

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for Gears 5. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loved 4.

Was never really into Gears, although I did play the previous games (minus Gears 3 & Judgement). Gears 4 story didn't grip me either, but I invested a lot of time into the Horde Mode, absolutely loved it.

I am very much looking forward to the next one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.