• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
I love leaks but I think I want to be genuinely surprised for once.

It's so close that I don't get the point in leaking. If leaks happened a few weeks ago then sure that's fine but right now it's just spoiling.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love leaks but I think I want to be genuinely surprised for once.

It's so close that I don't get the point in leaking. If leaks happened a few weeks ago then sure that's fine but right now it's just spoiling.

I feel like the closer we get, the chance of something leaking goes up. If you really want to be surprised, I advise not being on Era for like the one or two days before the conference. Seems to happen quite a lot around then.

TruthSeeker

Banned
Jun 5, 2018
It's such a huge shame that Microsoft refused to support an Alan Wake 2 or Quantum Break 2:

www.windowscentral.com

Remedy: Microsoft doesn't want to make Quantum Break or Alan Wake sequels

Quantum Break and Alan Wake are two of Xbox's most under-appreciated titles, and that under-appreciation apparently includes Microsoft.

Honestly, I thought Quantum Break sucked and I hated the TV-tie-in segments... Alan Wake 2 however I would love to see happen. But, I guess that ship has sailed at least for the foreseeable future.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

giphy.gif

:O

Apr 6, 2018

Second year in a row that rare's external cooperators leak something
Those Gears 5 'leaks' are interesting.

Hub world and stealth? I'm intrigued.
Stealth was confirmed by the presentation, IDk if it's an hub world or just a recurrent setting. Because I'm sure that something extremely relevant will happen in new ephyra. In the trailer you see a city burning and among the defense deebees there's even a cog soldier, so for sure it's a main citadel, maybe even the capital
They 100% did a Halo Infinite multiplayer playtest this last week. I'm expecting Halo Infinite multiplayer at E3.

This scrap the gears 5 theory, but it could even be the MCC. If they wan't replicate the Apex launch it will too soon right now for infinite, but for the mcc it could be the perfect storm for launching the game.
If God of War after 4 mainline titles (4th being the mediocre one) can re-invent itself and become better for it, Gears or Halo can do the same.

The same can be said about Spiderman, how many mediocre Spiderman titles have been released?

As for NEW IP to challenge Ghosts/Death Stranding, well yes MS needs to have a healthy approach to NEW IP alongside existing franchises.

Personally as a fan: I wish MS would fund a FromSoft Action/RPG game.
I won't call the god of war thing a "reinvention", the 2018 games has few things in common with the gameplay of the previous ones.
God of war was never chaacterized by a precise formula, it was more casual approach to the action stilish game like dmc, with a more spectacular direction and a more accessible gameplay.
Gears and Halo are their genre.

Why don't they just focus on making the campaign as much epic and polished as possible instead of trying to build all those modes? I don't think it's a smart choice. Just focus on the campaign and pvp.
Because they are doing both. Campaign and pvp only looses the massive amount of players who enjoys pve in coop.
Horde is for the ones who loves defensive gameplay and escape for those who search something between campaign and pure pve.
The campaign is, for my personal tastes, going to be even too much of what you are asking
Agreed 100%. Xbox has enough multiplayer IP's. We need some more exclusively single player games
and gears is one of them, so the mp is important
Yeah, Escape mode sounds a bit dumb when you can just make a RE6 type of campaign and thats it.
Escape sounds like a half baked campaign just to please the people that got pissed by the first trailer.
You are confusing thing. It's not "do this instead of this".
Escape is trying to catch a new audience in the mp, like cod did with blackout last year. So a coop kind of campaign with an infinite replay value.
Jd and Marcus will have their roles in the main campaign for sure and escape won't replace that. It may be a fine extra mode. But the plot will be inportant in escape.
If we took the re6 example you will have a main metroivania-ish cinematic campaign with extra coop missions with high replay value.
But the escape campaigns are not tied to Jd and marcus, they will cover all the gears arc for the settings, at least in the end of the support. This is not an half baked campaing,but a full pve mode that will ties(or at least tries) a new audience to gears.

sigh, here we go again
Escape is PVP? I'm starting to imagine Left 4 Dead X Gears.
Nope, a former wrong assumption by mine, it's full pve from what I've red
TC have unknown project that doesn't called Gears??
we know that since their pose theater for the mocap leaked it. What that project was, and what may be now, is a different thing. My money is that the project is PD

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
There was a celebratory video with pics of Phil Spencer and the song that goes "you can tell everybody, hes the man hes the man hes the ma a a n"

Does anyone have this?

It was posted during an E3 in the past.

Last edited:

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
I gotta say - I'm impressed that we've not had a whiff in terms of leaks from the show itself yet. I dont remember last year - but was it as tight a ship they ran?

I remember the year of ntkrnl, the year when the X1S was leaked very close to the show itself from some marketing material that was stored online - but what else have we had as 'leaks' ahead of MS pressers?

Apr 6, 2018
I don't know what that is.

I mean, just look at the Project Beast leak on GAF.

So much fun: https://www./threads/rumor-project-...ony-japan-studio-ps4-port-begging-ban.812089/

sadly I doubt there will anything so crazy like that because msft is using its own building.
Still streamers went to 343 so something crazy like apex could happen

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
While I do think 343 invited streamers to play MCC, it's still fair to reiterate that Halo Infinite will likely see early flighting play sessions as per the official announcement post. I definitely think people might be able to play Halo Infinite multiplayer test sessions this year, maybe focused on the Arena experience.

Defect

Oct 25, 2017
While I do think 343 invited streamers to play MCC, it's still fair to reiterate that Halo Infinite will likely see early flighting play sessions as per the official announcement post. I definitely think people might be able to play Halo Infinite multiplayer test sessions this year.
H5 beta was one year before launch so I fully expect Infinite to have a beta/flights in the fall or early 2020

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
I expect a show of strenght of Xbox Game Studios, but I don't know about "surprises". Surprises are for next year I guess.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want any leaks but I wouldn't say no to a wee tease... hmqgg .....

Same.

I always get disappointed my Microsoft not showing any new interesting first party efforts. For years now I always get someone teasing like "ooohhh they've got something great planned" and it ends up being like, idk, Cyberpunk, when you ask them afterwards. It's so tiring.

I need a tease that something truly great is going to show. I don't need it outright spoiled what it is.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I will never understand why people are asking for leaks just 6 days(!) before the show. Like ... Why would you intentionally spoil yourself?

I understand the demand for leaks in rather silent and empty times really. I did this, too. But this is definitely not the case a few days before the big show ...

I feel like sometimes people are asking for leaks only to be able to say "boring show, everything leaked already" afterwards. Really weird double standards going on.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
Same.

I always get disappointed my Microsoft not showing any new interesting first party efforts. For years now I always get someone teasing like "ooohhh they've got something great planned" and it ends up being like, idk, Cyberpunk, when you ask them afterwards. It's so tiring.

I need a tease that something truly great is going to show. I don't need it outright spoiled what it is.

The problem is that for every person there's something different what makes a conference "great". There are those who say it will be great if they see some Gears / Halo / Forza. There are those who say it will be great if MS shows something else than Gears / Halo / Forza. There are those who say it will be great if MS shows some strong 3rd party games (from Japan, for example), there are those who say that it will be great if MS won't emphasize 3rd party games. There are those who want cool indie games and those who hate these indie stuff.

So if someone says it'll be truly great then it can be true - for them. And wrong for you.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
Really hope nothing leaks this year. My favourite E3 moments over the last couple of years were the backwards compatibility and Ninja Theory announcements. Both were holy sh*t moment for me and enjoyed all the more because they were such a surprise. With a 2hr show, there's bound to be a lull and these shock moment really re-invigorate things.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
I will never understand why people are asking for leaks just 6 days(!) before the show. Like ... Why would you intentionally spoil yourself?

I understand the demand for leaks in rather silent and empty times really. I did this, too. But this is definitely not the case a few days before the big show ...

I feel like sometimes people are asking for leaks only to be able to say "boring show, everything leaked already" afterwards. Really weird double standards going on.

Yep, lol. We waited so long to finally be here now, and NOW people want leaks? 6 more sleeps people, don't do that to yourself. "Oh man I really wish they could surprise us." "Where are the leaks?!?!"

Leaks at this rate would only hurt the creators and the persons who work hard every year to make this a wonderful moment. Imagine working on something for years and have it spoiled 6 days before the briefing, it must suck.

Apr 6, 2018

because as an anxious man the unknown drives me crazy, I hate the concept of suprise. The only way I could support is not thinking.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017

Spoils have never altered my enjoyment of anything. I read all the spoils for Avengers Endgame days before it came out and I seen the movie 5 times.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017

Have to agree with this sentiment, it's a mere 6 days to the show. Patience folks.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
hmqgg please post a hint. If there's going to be >1 megaton announcement(s) write one sentence in your next post. If there's <1 megaton then post a single word. You don't need to quote me.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Just wait. The conference will disappoint some, enrapture others, and we'll all carry on this silly song and dance about 'winners' and that and meanwhile I'll still be playing EU IV and going 'Halo plz'.

Status
Not open for further replies.