• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
I think especially since it's Microsoft, Nintendo can get away with it, because no one really doubts Nintendo handling their own IP. Especially with Fable after Legends. I'm already sure Fable IV will be polarizing, so it's probably best for Microsoft to be as clear as possible how it's going to look and feel when they finally show it, so we don't get just two years of people ripping in to a title card and some concept music.

Not that people won't rip in to it regardless, because people love to hate, but at least once they've shown it, they'll know the people ripping in to it aren't their target audience, and people won't be able to build 1000 pre-built assumptions like they did for Carckdown 3, which wasn't great but reviewed worse than it deserved, mostly because of how early it was announced.
Did people rip into the Battletoads title card last year?

Aug 26, 2018
Not sure if this necessarily means Jez knows anything but Jez is claiming that the September 5 release date is real for Gears 5. If true, this would be the first time Microsoft opted to release a heavy hitter in September instead of October in years.

Monster Hunter Iceborne is releasing Sept 6, thats the only competition as of now until Borderlands 3 on 13th.

We don't know about Doom Eternal, Ori 2, Biomutant, Destiny 2 Expansion all of which seem like September candidates. Will be a busy month.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Monster Hunter Iceborne is releasing Sept 6, thats the only competition as of now until Borderlands 3 on 13th.

We don't know about Doom Eternal, Ori 2, Biomutant, Destiny 2 Expansion all of which seem like September candidates. Will be a busy month.
I don't see Microsoft releasing two games in the same month, the only time Microsoft has done that was in a month where they launched a new console with launch titles. I think Ori is August or November if Gears 5 is September.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I think especially since it's Microsoft, Nintendo can get away with it, because no one really doubts Nintendo handling their own IP. Especially with Fable after Legends. I'm already sure Fable IV will be polarizing, so it's probably best for Microsoft to be as clear as possible how it's going to look and feel when they finally show it, so we don't get just two years of people ripping in to a title card and some concept music.

Not that people won't rip in to it regardless, because people love to hate, but at least once they've shown it, they'll know the people ripping in to it aren't their target audience, and people won't be able to build 1000 pre-built assumptions like they did for Carckdown 3, which wasn't great but reviewed worse than it deserved, mostly because of how early it was announced.

All good points, especially the one about Legends.

I will say that I've never played a Fable game (I have watched friends play them a fair bit), so in that sense I might not be in the target audience. But I am looking forward to seeing what PG cooks up. If it takes time, it takes time.

This is so obnoxious tbh.

Obnoxiously amazing.

Aug 26, 2018
I don't see Microsoft releasing two games in the same month, the only time Microsoft has done that was in a month where they launched a new console. I think Ori is August or November if Gears 5 is September.

Ori 2 would be perfect for August, the game deserves all the limelight.

Predicting Ori 2 will be on mine and a lot of people's GOTY list.

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Buying a japanese developer sounds like quite the rumour but if I can speculate..

Either Sega/Sammy or Square Enix.

Perhaps they were already in talks before but this got even more valid after Google entering the biz. The "problem" when these giants enter the market is that they try to get exclusives for their service. Google perhaps will start to make more aggressive steps so in order to "counter" this as much as possible, it might be good to secure as much as possible.

So IF there is any truth in this, then I would go with Sega/Sammy or Square enix. MS has money, and seems to be aggressive..

Go big or go home.

Bamco Holdings.

Put an Xbox SoC in every Gunpla kit.

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Did people rip into the Battletoads title card last year?

Did Microsoft try to release a free to play Battletoads MOBA a few years ago and then close down Rare when it was canceled, only to then acquire a new studio that has no experience in making side scrolling beat-em-ups and let them make the next Battletoads game?

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
It's going to open with a full orchestra playing the iconic Halo theme, and then it will be revealed during the song's climax that Marty O'Donnell is conducting the orchestra and that he's back for Halo Infinite.

...I wish

I don't know if Marty would want to score Infinite without having some hand in, well, everything else, and I don't know that 343's writing team would want external input on a project they've been working on for years. On the face of it, I'd love to see Marty score the game (even if I am still a little sad that Kazuma Jinnouchi left - I felt like he'd just come into his own with 5), but it just wouldn't be as simple as that. Marty isn't just 'the music guy'.

Aug 26, 2018
12tf (atleast) and a good CPU.

tenor.gif

12tf is faster than RTX 2080 (10.1TF) if its single precision performance. CRAZY!!

With custom silicon, over clocking and their world class cooling, could we be looking at 2080ti (13.4 TF) type of performance with a capable CPU ?

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope someone mods VR into the Steam version of Halo MCC.

If MS won't embrace VR, the players will.

And before anyone goes like "Mod in VR support? LOL!".

It has already happened with some games, one of them is Alien Isolation and the VR mod is quite acclaimed.

The things you can do on PC with Halo.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Just saw someone predict in the Sams thread that Microsoft is going to announce 12 studio acquisitions in 2019... with expectations like that you deserve to be disappointed by this conference.

Oct 26, 2017
Amalthea
Hehe, poor old Rodders :) I'm sure I remember him mentioning Undead Labs and Compulsion before the conference.

I thought he was cool, wish things worked out a bit different :/
It's going to open with a full orchestra playing the iconic Halo theme, and then it will be revealed during the song's climax that Marty O'Donnell is conducting the orchestra and that he's back for Halo Infinite.

...I wish
An orchestral entrance would be a nice change! But I gotta admit it's going to be hard to drop the sick pre-show beats for an ensemble :p

Joseph

Jul 7, 2018
So Waypoint says MS could be acquiring a Japanese studio and Jez says they are building another one. I wonder if anything comes out of this seeing as right now all the ones I thought would be joining like Asobo, IO, Relic seem to already have different plans.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
So Waypoint says MS could be acquiring a Japanese studio and Jez says they are building another one. I wonder if anything comes out of this seeing as right now all the ones I thought would be joining like Asobo, IO, Relic seem to already have different plans.
Important to note though that Waypoint said that was the rumor last year and they aren't sure if Microsoft is still in talks with the Japanese studio or if that acquisition is still happening. It was an acquisition they heard could happen last year but didn't happen.

darthpaxton

Jun 20, 2018
I feel like if there aren't going to be any acquisitions it would have been "leaked" already so people don't expect them.
I agree with this. I feel like if there weren't going to be acquisitions, we would have heard a "Microsoft doesn't have anyone lined up for E3 this year, but their still looking!" from either Jez or Brad.

Deleted member 47654

user requested account closure
Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Apparently Netflix got Gears of War rights
Movie or series? I dont know.

Translate: Emoji* Emoji* "Gears of War on Netflix, we Will hear More in a few days"

Last edited:

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm I'm excited that other people are excited but Brads article really didn't announce too much more. It seems as if now the core surprise announcements are still under wraps and that's awesome!

knightmawk

Dec 12, 2018
Did anyone actually see the Fable leak? I'm mostly just seeing dead links and really vague descriptions, and I'm not really sure how the bulleted list of features I've seen would have been communicated in a reveal video, like was this a PowerPoint with design pillars or something, or was their a shot where the PC jumped in to a TARDIS and fucked off to bring Twin Blades in to the future to fight a zombie Jack? Is this gonna be Bill and Teds Most Heroic Adventure?

I'm just surprised no even thought to take a screenshot or two, especially the second time it was uploaded.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone actually see the Fable leak? I'm mostly just seeing dead links and really vague descriptions, and I'm not really sure how the bulleted list of features I've seen would have been communicated in a reveal video, like was this a PowerPoint with design pillars or something, or was their a shot where the PC jumped in to a TARDIS and fucked off to bring Twin Blades in to the future to fight a zombie Jack? Is this gonna be Bill and Teds Most Heroic Adventure?

I'm just surprised no even thought to take a screenshot or two, especially the second time it was uploaded.

It was so clearly fake, it wasn't even worth doing that.

Aug 26, 2018
Apparently Netflix got Gears of War rights
Movie or series? I dont know.

Translate: Emoji* Emoji* "Gears of War on Netflix, we Will hear More in a few days"

Wow, big news! Hope things go smoothly.

MS's record with franchise movies/tv shows are bad. Halo TV show still in pre-production, movie got canned. Minecraft movie got postponed and even Universal's Gears movie is not even in production even though it was announced during the launch of Gears 4

Rodeo Clown

Dec 14, 2017
Wow, big news! Hope things go smoothly.

MS's record with franchise movies/tv shows are bad. Halo TV show still in pre-production, movie got canned. Minecraft movie got postponed and even Universal's Gears movie is not even in production.
That's not a uniquely Microsoft thing, though, that's just Hollywood. For instance, the Uncharted movie has been in development for years and only schduled to start shooting this year. Studios will license properties, say they're working on a thing, and then nothing will ever come of it for a number of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.