• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Biggest FH expansion yet, "almost like a new game", from what I know based on a globally-known IP, can't verify though.

And I love pizza.
XS5LK.gif

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
With Minecraft Dungeons and Minecraft Earth its going to continue the money making machine.

I would expect other spinoffs as well, but Ive always thought Minecart would be cool personally. It could be Xbox's Mario kart with Xbox mascots. Or they could just revive Rare's kart racer.

Well, either way, there is Crash Team Racing next month, so at least there will be a good Kart racer on Xbox soon.
It seems it sold 20 million in the last 7 months. That's almost as much as RDR2, which is basically the biggest launch in the last 7 months.

It's totally insane how much this game is selling and though I'm not keeping track it feels like it's still increasing the pace of sales instead of slowing down

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
welp looks like ioi aint happening.

Asobo still has a chance i feel but regardless, it will be interesting to see who does get announced as a new xbox game studio in less than a month

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
welp looks like ioi aint happening.

Asobo still has a chance i feel but regardless, it will be interesting to see who does get announced as a new xbox game studio in less than a month
I feel like Asobo is even less likely that IOI given their partnership with Focus Home Entertainment.

That position has been up for a while I'm pretty sure. I remember it being discussed a while ago.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I don't get the big obsession to acquire more studios. XGS has enough of them, with some major players in it.
I dont think its a big obsession but having studios like Ninja Theory for example get acquired means those studios dont have to worry too much about breaking even and now have the money and people to truly put things out that are special.

At least for me its not a "gotta catch em all" mentality and more of "I am excited to speculate and wonder what Asobo could do with Microsoft like money and support."

Skedaddle

May 3, 2019
Europe
Dlala Studios was founded in 2012 by two friends who had previously worked at two studios together and decided to form their own.

Within the first six months of forming the studio, Dlala had released a Windows 8 launch title, were featured on the front cover of Develop Magazine ("Two Guys, One Game, No Cash") and moved into Microsoft Games Studios Soho office as their first-ever internally incubated studio.

Over the next 7 years the team grew from 2 guys in a garage to 18 wonderful people in a studio in Essex, with regular collaborative partnerships across the globe. The team are currently working on the upcoming sequel to, the 'cult classic', Battletoads alongside Rare and Microsoft Game Studios.
Internally incubated studio?

Nov 8, 2017
well MS does not own the IP so expected

MDHR has gone on record saying that Microsoft has to give the go-ahead to ship to other consoles. MS does not own the IP but they do have a fair degree of control over the first game, specifically, because of how much funding they gave. MS had to greenlight the Switch port for instance, and a PS4 port would also require their consent.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
the upcoming sequel to, the 'cult classic', Battletoads alongside Rare and Microsoft Game Studios.

The entire time I thought they were doing a remake of the original not an actual sequel. That totally adds excitement to it for me, iv beaten the game once....I dont think I can do it again lmao

Apr 23, 2018
more and more i feel like an acquisition ain't happening. Still, really looking forward to E3!
It might not be IO but they could acquire smaller studios. I don't think they'll be no new studio acquisitions. But I guess it's possible we don't see any.
I don't get the big obsession to acquire more studios. XGS has enough of them, with some major players in it.
It's not bad to expand your talent pool. But I would be satisfied if they told us that the current crop of studios would greatly expand. Even more so then the expansions we've been seeing. Like if Obsidian became a three team studio. Or Playground making a third team. Even InXile saying their New Orleans studio goal is 200. Crazy things like that. Even that maybe unrealistic tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.